Nigeria Village Square (NVS) in conjunction with Battabox is giving Nigerians opportunity to win IPADS and Kindles in a Photo/Video Essay Contest with the Theme “A Day in Life”.
The objective of the contest is to use photo/videography to raise the awareness of the general public on the life of the everyday Nigerian. So, share your images and thoughts from your unique perspective; your perspective of daily life at home or photos/videos of people, traditions, and local customs
Contest open to amateur Nigerian photographers aged 13 years old and above based in Nigeria.
How to enter:
- Your entry should be representative of your environment and overall experience.
- Only one (1) entry from each participant will be eligible for the prizes. Should there be several entries from the same participant, only the first entry will be considered, so make your entry count!
- Maximum pictures limit is 10 images. Video is limited to 15 minutes.
- Photos should be in jpg digital format. We also suggest that the image be less than 60Kb to reduce transmission time. If selected, you may be asked to send the original picture in the original high resolution if available.
- All entries should be from the participant's own original and not lifted from other sources. NVS and Battabox will not be held liable for any copyright infringement committed by the participant.
Entries should include the following
- location where picture was taken
- date picture was taken
- narrative (no more than 750 words across all photos)
- e-mail address
- mobile number
- Video entries can be uploaded to: http://BattaBox.com/upload. (Make sure “Day in Life entry” is mentioned in your description)
- Deadline for the submission is on October 1st 2013 at 12 Midnight Nigerian Time. Entries received after this date will not be eligible.
Judging and Selection of Winner
- NVS/Battabox will choose the best essay based on the theme, composition of photos/videos and narrative.
- The decisions of the judging panel are final on all matters relating to the contest.
- Winners will receive an IPAD, a certificate, and a letter of appreciation.
- 2 Runners up will receive a Kindle each.
- There would be up to 10 consolation prizes of NVS T-Shirts, bags
- Battabox will do a full documentary based on top-3 selected entries.
- Winners will be announced on October 15, 2013 and will be contacted via email and text.
- Winners must present a valid form of identification. Name on ID must match name on submitted entry.
Disclaimer and Additional Rules
- Entrant agrees that NVS, Battabox and their designees shall have the perpetual, worldwide right to edit, publish, and use the photograph in any way and in any media for trade, advertising, promotional, and/or other purposes in its sole discretion without further consideration to entrant or winner.
- All winners assume all liability for any damages caused or claimed to be caused in connection with participation in this contest and, if applicable, the acceptance, awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of any prize, and release NVS, including, without limitation, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, and advertising and promotional agents, from any and all such liability. Entry and/or acceptance of prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use winner's name, city, state, likeness and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation.
- By entering, each entrant warrants and represents in connection with the photograph submitted that: (a) he/she is the owner; (b) it is an original; (c) he/she has all necessary rights to enter same in the contest; (d) it has not been previously published or submitted in any other competitions and/or to any media, including, without limitation, any books, magazines, postcards, or calendars; (e) it does not defame or otherwise violate the rights of any third party; and (f) it does not violate any federal, state or local laws or ordinances. Entrant agrees to hold harmless NVS, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, and advertising and promotional agencies, from any claim by any third party relating to any rights in any photograph submitted. Entries that are incomplete, illegible, or corrupted are void and will not be accepted.