The remains of Alhaji Lam Adesina, the deceased former Governor of Oyo State was this evening interred inside his Felele-Ibadan residence in Oyo State.
Several VIPs attended the solemn event presided over by the Chief Imam of Ibadanland, Sheik Shurau Haruna, who recited the Janaza (Last prayer).
The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rt. Honourable Waziri Aminu Tambuwal was the highest ranking federal official at the interment ceremony. Also present were Oyo State Governor Abiola Ajimobi, Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola, Action Congress of Nigeria leader and former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, who were all in the convoy that conveyed the remains of the deceased from Lagos to Ibadan.
Others include ACN, Chairman, Chief Bisi Akande, and former Ogun State Governor and journalist, Chief Segun Osoba amongst other dignitaries.
Meanwhile, President Goodluck Jonathan has said, “Lam Adesina will be remembered and honoured as an exemplary leader.”
President Jonathan in a statement by his spokesman, Mr. Reuben Abati said he is “deeply saddened by the passing away of elder statesman and former governor of Oyo State.”
Here's the full statement
LAM ADESINA WILL BE REMEMBERED AND HONOURED AS AN EXEMPLARY LEADER – PRESIDENT JONATHANPresident Goodluck Jonathan is deeply saddened by the passing away of elder statesman and former governor of Oyo State, Alhaji Lam Adesina.On behalf of himself, the Federal Government and all Nigerians, President Jonathan extends heartfelt condolences to Alhaji Adesina’s family and the Government and people of Oyo State.The President joins late Alhaji Adesina’s family, relatives, friends, associates and all who knew him in mourning the renowned educationist and political leader who devoted his entire adult life to working for the progress of his people and the nation.President Jonathan believes that Alhaji Adesina’s indefatigability in political struggles as well as his honesty, integrity, sincere commitment and dedication to the service of his people before and during his tenure as governor have ensured that he will be honoured and remembered by present and future generations as an exemplary leader who did his utmost best to improve the lives of his people.He prays that God Almighty will receive Alhaji Adesina’s soul and grant him eternal rest.
Ex Oyo Gov, Lam Adeshina dies
Agensheku posted on 11-12-2012, 13:07:50 PM
FORMER GOVERNOR LAM ADESINA IS DEAD
SOURCE: maestro's media
Re: Lam Adesina Buried, as Jonathan Pays Respect
Agidimolaja posted on 11-14-2012, 16:57:51 PM
Sun reo Omo ibile - rest in peace,son of the native soil.
More posts by this author
- Terror in Paris: 12 dead in terror attack on Paris paper; manhunt for gunmen
- Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka says Goodluck Jonathan must go
- Happy New Year, Villagers!
- President Jonathan On Brief Private Visit To Britain
- Nigeriaâ€™s foreign reserve drops by $500million in the last one week
- HE's BACK!! Shekau Says He Is Alive
- 2014 Independence Day Broadcast by His Excellency, President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
- Hit&Run Driver Kills Veteran Journalist, Dimgba Igwe
- Why I Switched to Team Nigeria - Nichole Denby
- Win Tomorrow And Get Heroinesâ€™ Welcome When You Return Home, President Jonathan Tells Falconets
- Troops Intercept Youth In Night Movement From Borno To Abuja
- Glasgow 2014: Chika Amalaha gets Nigeria her First Gold
- Bomb kills at least 15 in Kaduna
- Donâ€™t Blame Me for Your Partyâ€™s Self-Inflicted Woes â€“ President Jonathan Tells Buhari
- Nigeria through despite defeat
- Jonathan Congratulates Fayose as Fayemi Concedes Defeat
- Americo-Nigerians Dominate Nigerian Athletics Championships
- Nigeria Defeats Bosnia 1-0 in Round 2
- Dora Akunyili Dies at 59
- Keshi names final 23 players for World Cup