altA prominent member of the NVS forum, Mr Ogugua Charles Ikocha,  also known as SHINYCOIN, has died at the age of 40 after being pulled from the water at an Outdoor Centre.

According to News reports,  Ikocha was swimming with colleagues at the centre on Monday July 31 when he started "experiencing difficulties while swimming".

Ikocha was transported to hospital by Haliburton's Emergency Medical Services, where he was pronounced deceased.

Mr Ikocha, who recently lost his mother, is survived by an Aged Father and siblings.

Join the conversation through disqus comments or via our forum. Click on any of the tabs below to select your desired option. Please engage decently.

• Disqus Comments
  • Facebook
  • Forum Discussion

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Re: RIP Shinycoin
Idi-ogi posted on 08-04-2012, 21:02:07 PM
For those of us who rarely come to the NVS, I recognized Shinycoin very well. It's to his credit that you don't have a negative feeling when you remember his writing and persona. It's heartwarming to know that he gave his life to Christ.
We shall meet to part no more.
Re: RIP Shinycoin
Omojeje posted on 08-05-2012, 01:22:51 AM
Lots of memories of you shinycoin. Rest in perfect peace.
Re: RIP Shinycoin
Sisi Eko posted on 08-05-2012, 07:01:22 AM
The shiniest coin . . . death is so final . . . how sad.
Re: RIP Shinycoin
Habiba posted on 08-05-2012, 07:14:17 AM
My only exchange with him was such a positive encounter. He was very polite, and was apologising on behalf of others. You cannot but notice such a person. Rest in peace Shinycoin.
Re: RIP Shinycoin
Laraba posted on 08-05-2012, 08:11:48 AM
Don't know you but can feel the pain of your loss on those who know you here. Rest In Peace Charles Ikocha
Re: RIP Shinycoin
Odinaka posted on 08-05-2012, 13:42:09 PM
What a loss, and how much fleeting can life be? Shinycoin, farewell
Re: RIP Shinycoin
Anike posted on 08-05-2012, 17:30:33 PM
Wow! This such a bad news. Shinycoin was one of the absolute best, not perfect but very real villagers on NVS. He came across to me as a very real and truly honest person with no malicious bone in his body even when he disagreed with you. Wow. I wish his family the heart to bear the loss.
Re: RIP Shinycoin
Skanbroy posted on 08-05-2012, 19:14:26 PM
The saddest piece of news in my six years on NVS...Rest In Peace Brother Shinycoin.....
Re: RIP Shinycoin
Tonsoyo posted on 08-05-2012, 23:02:20 PM
I just uncharacteristically went through this thread again and it kind of ministered to me in a way. We are all human after all and in pursuit of happiness in our different ways. Maybe we really care more about one another than we realize...I did not even get to meet Charles personally, yet this thread touched me in an unusual way.

I pray that God will heal all grieving hearts, I pray that the warmness of the Lamb of God as you press it close to our hearts would disperse the gloom.

I am sure that if he is able to look back to read beautiful things being said about him, he would be gratified to have touched so many hearts.
Re: RIP Shinycoin
Beam posted on 08-07-2012, 04:23:28 AM
Where do I start? what can I say? When you lose a friend it leaves a hole in your heart,it leaves pain only grace and time can heal.
ShinyMi, was my friend, online and offline I got to know him as the real gentleman he was, he was funny he was caring, he was passionate, he was my shiny...Still I cannot come to terms that he has gone...I still have him on my skype his last message to me .... I still have his last Pm to me just making sure I was okay, ....I was told offline about his death by another friend of ours.The two of us still are finding it hard to understand.
Word can never express how I feel, what I do console myself with is I knew him he blessed my life by being my friend.

Shinymi, this is not goodbye , this is till we meet again....May your gentle soul will rest in Perfect Peace.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20