PDA

View Full Version : [Food] Who knows how to cook Isiewu

First-lady
May 13, 2012, 07:23 PM
I ordered a goat from some place
It came complete with everything including the goat head
I want to cook Isiewu but I don't know how
Can someone who has cooked it before and it turned out very good tell me what exactly they did
I don't want to use online recipe from Naija food sites
Awaiting your responses.
Makosa where are you?

M. Akosa
May 13, 2012, 08:10 PM
Can someone who has cooked it before and it turned out very good tell me what exactly they did
Awaiting your responses.
Makosa where are you?

FL dear,

your sister no dey like to chop those kain food.. oh. :o
It is only my husband - a typical Igbo man that loves those stuff, and thank God he has never asked me to cook it for him yet. Outside caterers does that for us when he is outside Nigeria or the cooks at home take care of making those type of meals for him.

My only advice to you on this one is to download a good recipe for isi ewu online.
Honestly it works sometimes. Actually I did learn how to make egusi just only 4 years ago from reading about it online and practising it until I eventually perfected my skills and felt confident enough and then one day cooked a great pot of egusi soup for some guests and every one that ate it from me that day really said they enjoyed it, thinking I was a already a pro in cooking egusi soup. :biggrin:

Auspicious
May 13, 2012, 09:06 PM
-

Check, not sure if they have any ideas:

https://www.facebook.com/allnigerianrecipes

agensheku
May 14, 2012, 07:24 AM
How can the honourary NVS chief Chef not know how to cook ordinary isiewu? Is it as with sauce or as pepper soup? Once you boil am to tenderness, just as you boil your beef, the rest is up to you. You add seasonings to taste.

Oya, cook better isiewu for Tiger today and post the photo for those of us following your culinary expertise.

duniyasaihakuri
May 14, 2012, 09:31 AM
Well let me try to give a receipe but i didn't learn how to cook with measurements but we always ate Isiewe at home when i was growing up. This is my mother's receipe.

Ingredients

Goat head including brain
Maggi
Potash (kanwa)
Nutmeg
Palm oil-2 cups
Shredded Otasi
Pepper ( i prefer powdered but fresh will work as well)

Tools

Cleaver /Hacking Knife or machete
mortar and Pistle

1.Split/hack the goat head into pieces. Remove the brain and out it in the small nylon bag and cook seperately. You can steam the brain as you would moi- moi ie in the bag in boiling water for a 10 minutes . It is quite tender and tends to scatter easily hence the Nylon bag/sandwich bag

2. Cook the goat head pieces along with the salt, maggi,ground/ Fresh pepper (optional). It is important not cooked till the it is not too tender. If you use a pressure cooker don't cook for too long. It should be firm but edible
3. Seperate the cooked goat pieces from your stock. Allow the goat pieces to cool. When cool, seperate the flesh pieces from the bones. Keep the flesh pieces aside to use.

4. Put a combination of your Potash, maggi, nutmeg in a mortar and grind with the pistle. Depending on the size of the goat head, put in enough maggi that will adequately season the goat pieces bearing in mind that the stock and the pieces already have some maggi in them. The potash should be used sparingly but not more that a teaspoon but you have to taste the mixture to determine results. (do not taste at this stage). Put in 2 teaspoon for nutmeg.

5.Stir in your raw palm oil into the ground spices in the motar. Use the pistle to stir in. You should keep stirring in until the the spices blend into the Palm oil. you can taste it at this stage. you should taste the flavour by now. Put in more spices if you want.Stir until you have a fine thick paste of oil and spices.

6..Put in the brain in the mortar and continue to stir with mortar. This will thicken the paste . I would stir in the stock as well. Your ingredients should look a bit like thick soup depending on the consistency you want. Inside the mortar should look and taste like soup now.

7. Put in your shreded Otasi. use sparingly! taste the mixture as you go along till it is has just a hint of bitterness.

8. Pour your mix on the flesh pieces that has cooled in a pot. Mix thorougly

9. Put the pot of mixed meat on fire till it boils. (3-5 minutes). This is only to heat up the meat.

10. It is ready to eat.

Sorry for my estimates but i never learnt to cook any Nigerian food with measurements and i learnt to make this as a child. If you have used all this ingredients before somewhere else, you get an idea of how much to put in especially the potash and Utasi. I cannot descibe this to someone who has never had Isiewu before but i trust Fl is a nigerian kitchten pro :-)

Mikky jaga
May 14, 2012, 11:56 AM
Well let me try to give a receipe but i didn't learn how to cook with measurements but we always ate Isiewe at home when i was growing up. This is my mother's receipe.

Ingredients

Goat head including brain
Maggi
Potash (kanwa)
Nutmeg
Palm oil-2 cups
Shredded Otasi
Pepper ( i prefer powdered but fresh will work as well)

Tools

Cleaver /Hacking Knife or machete
mortar and Pistle

1.Split/hack the goat head into pieces. Remove the brain and out it in the small nylon bag and cook seperately. You can steam the brain as you would moi- moi ie in the bag in boiling water for a 10 minutes . It is quite tender and tends to scatter easily hence the Nylon bag/sandwich bag

2. Cook the goat head pieces along with the salt, maggi,ground/ Fresh pepper (optional). It is important not cooked till the it is not too tender. If you use a pressure cooker don't cook for too long. It should be firm but edible
3. Seperate the cooked goat pieces from your stock. Allow the goat pieces to cool. When cool, seperate the flesh pieces from the bones. Keep the flesh pieces aside to use.

4. Put a combination of your Potash, maggi, nutmeg in a mortar and grind with the pistle. Depending on the size of the goat head, put in enough maggi that will adequately season the goat pieces bearing in mind that the stock and the pieces already have some maggi in them. The potash should be used sparingly but not more that a teaspoon but you have to taste the mixture to determine results. (do not taste at this stage). Put in 2 teaspoon for nutmeg.

5.Stir in your raw palm oil into the ground spices in the motar. Use the pistle to stir in. You should keep stirring in until the the spices blend into the Palm oil. you can taste it at this stage. you should taste the flavour by now. Put in more spices if you want.Stir until you have a fine thick paste of oil and spices.

6..Put in the brain in the mortar and continue to stir with mortar. This will thicken the paste . I would stir in the stock as well. Your ingredients should look a bit like thick soup depending on the consistency you want. Inside the mortar should look and taste like soup now.

7. Put in your shreded Otasi. use sparingly! taste the mixture as you go along till it is has just a hint of bitterness.

8. Pour your mix on the flesh pieces that has cooled in a pot. Mix thorougly

9. Put the pot of mixed meat on fire till it boils. (3-5 minutes). This is only to heat up the meat.

10. It is ready to eat.

Sorry for my estimates but i never learnt to cook any Nigerian food with measurements and i learnt to make this as a child. If you have used all this ingredients before somewhere else, you get an idea of how much to put in especially the potash and Utasi. I cannot descibe this to someone who has never had Isiewu before but i trust Fl is a nigerian kitchten pro :-)

Please, at what time do you remove the eye and the tongue? Or do you mash all together in the mortar?

duniyasaihakuri
May 14, 2012, 12:33 PM
You do that when you separate the meat from the flesh.

When you hack it ( and i use hack because in Nigeria, you can ask the seller to cut it up for you with their machete). Essentially they break the skull at various points so it is the flesh holding it together. Once it is cooked, you remove the parts you want which should be everything edible including eyes, ears and tongue.We also use the goat legs along with the head for the isiewu. (They normally sell the legs along with the head so if you like bones like me, you can de-bone the head but leave in the leg pieces with bones)

The only part of the goat in the mortar is the brain as a thickener.

anwulika
May 14, 2012, 12:54 PM
Kai!!

http://rlv.zcache.com/stop_the_violence_go_vegetarian_bumper_sticker-p128338947093505177en8ys_400.jpg

:D

agensheku
May 14, 2012, 01:00 PM
Kai!!

http://rlv.zcache.com/stop_the_violence_go_vegetarian_bumper_sticker-p128338947093505177en8ys_400.jpg

:DI am sure you wrote this because vegetables dont bleat, moo, crow or howl when you dice, slice, mash and chop them down before boiling and cooking them.

There is nothing the animals eyes see in the soup pot wey strange to vegetables too. Remember you also chew your fruit salad...the same grinding process the meat goes through!

duniyasaihakuri
May 14, 2012, 01:04 PM
lol.....Even as i was writing, i was thinking of what vegetarian and vegans would think of this. I would probably be on the PETA hit list!

But Nigeria is not a society that sympatises with vegetarians. But you must give us points for not being wasteful. When we kill an animal, we eat everything inside and out.

anwulika
May 14, 2012, 01:19 PM
I am sure you wrote this because vegetables dont bleat, moo, crow or howl when you dice, slice, mash and chop them down before boiling and cooking them.

There is nothing the animals eyes see in the soup pot wey strange to vegetables too. Remember you also chew your fruit salad...the same grinding process the meat goes through!

Baba Agens,

Don't mind me, I am just looking for trouble this early morning :p I dey chop meat WELL but have never eaten isiewu, actually and if this is how it is prepared (brains and eyes involved), I doubt I will EVER put that thing in my mouth. I avoid head of anything. Fish oo, chicken oo etc I am a visual person and I gotta say, reading Duniya and Mikky Jagga and visualizing hacking a head, boiling brains in a bag and grinding eyes and tongue, put a big lump in my throat

http://www.gangofpour.com/kerr/vintagestns/september2003/images/goat_head.jpg

:eek::confused1

HolyPagan
May 14, 2012, 01:53 PM
Awaiting your responses.
Makosa where are you?

You will need the following
5grams or 1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda (baking soda, also know as kanwun)
30ml - 45ml or 2-3 tablespoons Extra Virgin palm oil (known in Igbo as 'manu eketeke' the one used for Ugba, if you dont have it to hand regular palm oil will do)
salt, seasoning salt/stock cube, like Knorr or Maggi as per your taste
Birdseye chilli or any fiery ground chilli pepper as per your taste
1/4 teaspon of finely ground black pepper
Utazi as per your taste
2 Ehiri seeds, Toasted and ground(Monodora Myristica) some people know it as Calabash Nutmeg
this should not be confused with the nutmeg used in cakes, they are very very very very different biko.
The toasting releases the essential oils enhancing the taste.
Large Mixing bowl or Sauce pan.
Wooden spoon
Wire wisk

Wash the goat head very very well with hot salted water, making sure to scrape out the whole surface area with a sharp kinfe, this is to remove the carbon char, and the debris from the singeing of the skin.
Take out the tongue, and immerse in boiling water to make peeling it easier.
Split the ear canal, and scrape out all the gunge therein.
scrape the mouth, palate and the oral cavity to remove all the coatings inside.
Seperate the lower jaw from the rest of the head, and remove and discard the teeth.

After cleaning, put the cleaned goat head (whole and intact) and the detached lower jaw, plus some regular goat meat, (to bulk it up since this is a non commercial preparation) in a saucepan. Add enough water to cover the goat head, season with a small onion, chilli pepper, black pepper, salt and seasoning salt/stock cube
bring to a quick boil, lower the heat and simmer until the meat it fork tender.

Lift meat out of the stock and put aside, reserve the stock.

Chop the goat head into bite size pieces, taking time to save the eyes whole. (it is a female ochu to serve without the eyes) Please make sure you use a sharp knife to cut off most of the flesh attached to bone.
(nobody wants their tongue speared with sharp pieces of bone)
discard large pieces of bone especially the cranium, that has no flesh attached to it.

In your mixing bowl, add the Oil and the baking soda and mix briskly, with either a wooden spoon or a wire whisk, until very well mixed together, gradually put the stock, a table spoon at a time, until the oil is thoroughly emulsified, and the conistency is thick and creamy, but not watery.
Add your cut up meat and mix well together by using a folding method so that the incorporated air during emulsification is not lost. (thats what makes the sauce thick)
gradually add your spices..Utazi, ehiri, maggi, pepper etc and taste as you add, so you dont put too little or too much.
When every thing is thoroughly mixed in put in a microwaveable dish ready to warm and serve.

agensheku
May 14, 2012, 02:13 PM
Baba Agens,

Don't mind me, I am just looking for trouble this early morning :p I dey chop meat WELL but have never eaten isiewu, actually and if this is how it is prepared (brains and eyes involved), I doubt I will EVER put that thing in my mouth. I avoid head of anything. Fish oo, chicken oo etc I am a visual person and I gotta say, reading Duniya and Mikky Jagga and visualizing hacking a head, boiling brains in a bag and grinding eyes and tongue, put a big lump in my throat

http://www.gangofpour.com/kerr/vintagestns/september2003/images/goat_head.jpg

:eek::confused1Me too, I just did not want to derail the thread if not, I would have asked FL how the Oyinbo who delivered goat head along with the consignment looked at her! I have watched some documentaries on DSTV and I see that the cowhead and entrails go into producing cat and dog tinned food.

In the UK, the Meat mart men give you funny looks when you ask for Cow tail, the head or the stomach! Not to talk of the cow s legs! In my bachelor days, there was this myth that anyone who ate cowtail would not be prosperous! So, we had a nice time picking them up for next to nothing!

Today, a cowtail goes for about N6k, depending on how big and I know a lot of prosperous people who enjoy cowtails.

Now to your picture...goats heads dont normally stare at the person going to eat them, but there is a specie of fish that no matter how many hours you cook it, na so e go dey look you for eyes! lol You know the Arabs love the Lamb s eyes? They are special delicacies over there.

I have enjoyed Crocodile and snake meat...both actually tasted like chicken!:D

The meat I would rather die than eat is either Monkey or baboon meat!:eek::eek: I keep telling my friends that anyone who can eat those kind of meat would feel no qualms feeding on his next door neighbour!:o

First-lady
May 14, 2012, 02:20 PM
Duniya and HP thanks so much for the lessons
HP thank you for clarifying that the nutmeg was not the cake type of nutmeg, I for mess up
I have ground ehuri in my refrigerator,my mother uses it to make pepper soup
The only thing I don't have is utazi but I am sure by the time I make a few calls to some Nigerian ladies here somebody must have utazi to give me.
O ga di kwa kpo kpo

@ Anwuli did u say u have never eaten Isiewu before
Lord have mercy
You don't know what you are missing
Back in the day when fl was fl any man that wanted my hand in marriage must prove his love and manhood by trips to this Isiewu joint:lol::lol::lol:
Chai
My now husband finished his meager salary dia and risked losing me to OMATA traders :lol::lol::lol:
A bowl of Isiewu with 2 bottles of maltina

I was 20 when I tried it for the first time reluctantly though because i had issues with eating with my hands in public and looking all local but I tried it and got hooked
On my last Naija trip,I told them that if they don't take me to an Isiewu joint,I am not coming back again

First-lady
May 14, 2012, 02:26 PM
@ HP and Duniya,do you add curry powder
I have tasted something like curry in some isiewu or maybe they overdid it

First-lady
May 14, 2012, 02:37 PM
Me too, I just did not want to derail the thread if not, I would have asked FL how the Oyinbo who delivered goat head along with the consignment looked at her! I have watched some documentaries on DSTV and I see that the cowhead and entrails go into producing cat and dog tinned food.

In the UK, the Meat mart men give you funny looks when you ask for Cow tail, the head or the stomach! Not to talk of the cow s legs! In my bachelor days, there was this myth that anyone who ate cowtail would not be prosperous! So, we had a nice time picking them up for next to nothing!

Today, a cowtail goes for about N6k, depending on how big and I know a lot of prosperous people who enjoy cowtails.

Now to your picture...goats heads dont normally stare at the person going to eat them, but there is a specie of fish that no matter how many hours you cook it, na so e go dey look you for eyes! lol You know the Arabs love the Lamb s eyes? They are special delicacies over there.

I have enjoyed Crocodile and snake meat...both actually tasted like chicken!:D

The meat I would rather die than eat is either Monkey or baboon meat!:eek::eek: I keep telling my friends that anyone who can eat those kind of meat would feel no qualms feeding on his next door neighbour!:o

Agens the suppliers of the goat are not oyibo o
There is no business your brothers have not started in this America
You can go to a farm sha run by oyibo people and buy a goat and they will prepare it for u but if you don't tell them,they will cut away all the skin and give you only flesh
Some sef will give you the goat and the hairs on the skin was scalded away and the goat be tasting one kain one kain
But Naija don enter goat business
They will get the goat,burn it Naija style and cut it up and return the insides and head inside polythene bags and the rest of your meat as u want it.
If you want it whole,you garrit too

I hear some people dey team up kill cow too

The first time I entered one Naija African store and saw snails crawling around in a basin and eating ugu leaves I asked myself if I was still in Aba or what

Bill Carson
May 14, 2012, 03:48 PM
You will need the following
5grams or 1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda (baking soda, also know as kanwun)
30ml - 45ml or 2-3 tablespoons Extra Virgin palm oil (known in Igbo as 'manu eketeke' the one used for Ugba, if you dont have it to hand regular palm oil will do)
salt, seasoning salt/stock cube, like Knorr or Maggi as per your taste
Birdseye chilli or any fiery ground chilli pepper as per your taste
1/4 teaspon of finely ground black pepper
Utazi as per your taste
2 Ehiri seeds, Toasted and ground(Monodora Myristica) some people know it as Calabash Nutmeg
this should not be confused with the nutmeg used in cakes, they are very very very very different biko.
The toasting releases the essential oils enhancing the taste.
Large Mixing bowl or Sauce pan.
Wooden spoon
Wire wisk

Wash the goat head very very well with hot salted water, making sure to scrape out the whole surface area with a sharp kinfe, this is to remove the carbon char, and the debris from the singeing of the skin.
Take out the tongue, and immerse in boiling water to make peeling it easier.
Split the ear canal, and scrape out all the gunge therein.
scrape the mouth, palate and the oral cavity to remove all the coatings inside.
Seperate the lower jaw from the rest of the head, and remove and discard the teeth.

After cleaning, put the cleaned goat head (whole and intact) and the detached lower jaw, plus some regular goat meat, (to bulk it up since this is a non commercial preparation) in a saucepan. Add enough water to cover the goat head, season with a small onion, chilli pepper, black pepper, salt and seasoning salt/stock cube
bring to a quick boil, lower the heat and simmer until the meat it fork tender.

Lift meat out of the stock and put aside, reserve the stock.

Chop the goat head into bite size pieces, taking time to save the eyes whole. (it is a female ochu to serve without the eyes) Please make sure you use a sharp knife to cut off most of the flesh attached to bone.
(nobody wants their tongue speared with sharp pieces of bone)
discard large pieces of bone especially the cranium, that has no flesh attached to it.

In your mixing bowl, add the Oil and the baking soda and mix briskly, with either a wooden spoon or a wire whisk, until very well mixed together, gradually put the stock, a table spoon at a time, until the oil is thoroughly emulsified, and the conistency is thick and creamy, but not watery.
Add your cut up meat and mix well together by using a folding method so that the incorporated air during emulsification is not lost. (thats what makes the sauce thick)
gradually add your spices..Utazi, ehiri, maggi, pepper etc and taste as you add, so you dont put too little or too much.
When every thing is thoroughly mixed in put in a microwaveable dish ready to warm and serve.

HolyPagan,

I hope you did not write these textbook with your employer's time?

First-lady
May 14, 2012, 05:45 PM
HolyPagan,

I hope you did not write these textbook with your employer's time?

And how is that your concern
Are you her employer?
See me see trouble o

Bill Carson
May 14, 2012, 06:03 PM
And how is that your concern
Are you her employer?
See me see trouble o

Madam FL,

I will ignore your bait.

Namio
May 14, 2012, 07:16 PM
Chei, see this lady O.

Na soso grammar for popcast, na im she sabi.

Take Naija kokolet go meet your mama wey nor babi akada. Tell am make im cook isiewu. Say I nor sabi those stuff jara!:p

Ewuro
May 14, 2012, 08:31 PM
The best part of cow or goat is king bura, the dick. I was taken to a joint in Kano several years ago. The jpoint specialise in cooking bura. That bura delicacy with your cold beer is heaven.
Is bura eating also cruelty to animals?

As for Isiewu, London has quite a number of Isi-Ewu joints nowadays. Even sef some Oyinbo people they follow us eat am.

Bill Carson
May 27, 2012, 07:22 PM
The best and most authentic Isiewu joint outside Nigeria is Savanna Restaurant, 209 Deptford High street, London. SE8 3NT

nijalaw
May 29, 2012, 06:11 PM
BC,

Did you ever taste Isi-ewu from the great Odenigbo at Bayan Geri in Bauchi?

I was greatly shocked when I came down south & discovered people were sharing plates of Isi-ewu. It was mainly due to the cost.

In Bauchi, Jos & KD back then it was one man one mortar

Bill Carson
May 29, 2012, 06:28 PM
BC,

I was greatly shocked when I came down south & discovered people were sharing plates of Isi-ewu. It was mainly due to the cost.

Nijalaw,

The sharing of Isi-Ewu taya me too (Southern poverty abi?), isiewu is meant to be for you only and your fake girl for the night that is claiming Posh get's a plate of pepper soup. I can't remember Odenigbo, but I was an account holder at Youths' Inn. Then there was another joint not far from ATBU (towards Yelwa that did good Isiewu, near Comfort Restaurant).

Bill Carson
Jun 6, 2012, 01:31 PM
Kai, Kai, Kai this Chef is embarrassing me with his exceptionally high quality cooking. For the very best Ofe-Owerri you are likely to be served in any Restaurant outside Imo State, Please visit Savanna Restaurant, Deptford High Street. If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied, scan your receipt and I'll personally consider refunding your £ double the amount.
I travel 80km+ for their Ofe-Owerri.

HolyPagan
Jun 6, 2012, 01:48 PM
kontinew gallivanting from one joint to anoda you hia...ofe owerre critic
biko gimme dem phone number make I make reservations...I love ofe owerre..its the ukazi that makes it irresistible for moi

First-lady
Jun 6, 2012, 11:12 PM
BC,

You are beginning to sound like my ugwu awusa cousins back then that would lament about hardship in the east and it was always about food
How they will eat a whole chicken all by themselves and how goat meat was berekete and we were eating small small pieces
I was not exposed to Isiewu early enough
Never heard about the delicacy called Isiewu until I entered the uni and started dating and one of the bobos took me to an Isiewu joint
I hated it the Ist day,it tasted awful and so soggy and it felt strange eating with my hands in a public restaurant
Then I tried it again and loved it
Then I dated an ajebutter pikin with acada PHD professor parents that used to land from Lagos :lol: that did the wine and dine in finer restaurants in big hotels and I started eating fine cuisine and missed Isiewu
Until one day he said FL
I said yes
He said,do you know somewhere where I can eat good oha soup
I said oha
He said yes
I said e he nna you have now come,I thought you will never get tired of all this salad and chicken pikata :lol:
We jumped inside taxi and headed to my Isiewu joint
He ate his oha and licked fingers and we ordered Isiewu for dessert
He was a good husband material but it was not the will of God:D
Then when I met mr Tiger,little did I know that I was meeting somebody who started eating Isiewu from the womb
Our love was cemented with bowls of Isiewu
The day he proposed,I believe we washed the impending marriage at our favorite Isiewu joint with a few of his friends
I finished his money in that place :lol::lol::lol:

nijalaw
Jun 7, 2012, 12:49 PM
Your cousins were right & I think food maintenance is still relatively cheap up North compared to the South till now.

When we closed for holidays we used to stop over in our chartered bus at a place called Kari which was junction that led to Kano on the Bauchi Maiduguri road. This place was chicken Mecca, I don't remember them roasting chicken parts but whole and we used to buy it like hell. As a Batchelor in the mid 90's you could survive on 2K as your food maintenance bill for the month in Jos/Bauchi. I remember taking a party of six in 1994 including myself to the best star hotel in Bauchi to chop meat pie, then we bought & consumed suya at Bauchi club & then ended up at Village Inn where we consumed plates of chicken & chips each with just less than 2K in my pocket.

I just remembered a story I heard about a guy who chops isi-ewu with eba, could be true as a friend of mine consumes moi-moi with okro soup.

Bill Carson
Jun 7, 2012, 11:55 PM
Your cousins were right & I think food maintenance is still relatively cheap up North compared to the South till now.

When we closed for holidays we used to stop over in our chartered bus at a place called Kari which was junction that led to Kano on the Bauchi Maiduguri road. This place was chicken Mecca, I don't remember them roasting chicken parts but whole and we used to buy it like hell. As a Batchelor in the mid 90's you could survive on 2K as your food maintenance bill for the month in Jos/Bauchi. I remember taking a party of six in 1994 including myself to the best star hotel in Bauchi to chop meat pie, then we bought & consumed suya at Bauchi club & then ended up at Village Inn where we consumed plates of chicken & chips each with just less than 2K in my pocket.

I just remembered a story I heard about a guy who chops isi-ewu with eba, could be true as a friend of mine consumes moi-moi with okro soup.

Nijalaw,

This is how we used to start the term...... get a top floor room at Zaranda and organise poolside BBQ with loads of girls from ATBU, then move to Village Inn after some days, shuttle between Wunti and Yelwa for cheap Brandy, about a week later move down to Youths Inn, then start praying for riot so that one can go back to Kaduna and energise the pocket.