PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Tell Her?

Anonymous Villager
Jun 25, 2011, 11:22 PM
This new girl (mid-30s) has just been recruited into our department reporting into me. She's really good at her job and relates well with everyone. The problem is that she dresses in a very provocative manner, with minis barely covering the essentials and the front-side threatening to pop out any second. One or two co-workers (both females) have asked that I do something about it. She has not made many acquaintances yet, so I cant ask a third party to talk to her. And to compound matters, she's HOT and likes to bring up issues after hours. I'll like to broach the subject with her nicely, before escalating to HR. If you were in my shoes, how would you handle this without offending her (and the guys in the office:D)?

Bill Carson
Jun 26, 2011, 12:14 AM
This new girl (mid-30s) has just been recruited into our department reporting into me. She's really good at her job and relates well with everyone. The problem is that she dresses in a very provocative manner, with minis barely covering the essentials and the front-side threatening to pop out any second. One or two co-workers (both females) have asked that I do something about it. She has not made many acquaintances yet, so I cant ask a third party to talk to her. And to compound matters, she's HOT and likes to bring up issues after hours. I'll like to broach the subject with her nicely, before escalating to HR. If you were in my shoes, how would you handle this without offending her (and the guys in the office:D)?

Jealousy people make unna leave the poor girl alone and concentrate on your work, because unna no young with sexy figure like her……..There is nothing bad dressing sexy, I have a girlfriend that I just love the way men drool at her when her breast is semi hanging out.

I don't know the rule on outing Anonys, because I am 100% sure who this bad belle person be…..

anwulika
Jun 26, 2011, 12:48 AM
One or two co-workers (both females) have asked that I do something about it

But of course! That is us! Yes o...small competition and we get our panties in a knot. You will never hear of men complaining about the Rico Suave guy in the office.

she's HOT and likes to bring up issues after hours.

Wahala dey! Hehe. Na so e dey begin. I hope you know how to "bind and caste the devil"?

On a serious note though, your job is your bread and butter such matters as this should be treated professionally within the guidelines of the company. Last thing you should do is tell her personally...or even tell a friend to tell her. NO! Bad idea and it may come back to bite you. Since she is new, she probably is not aware of your company's dress code (if there is one) and I am sure HR will take this into consideration when they talk to her. Yes, tell HR to give her a friendly reminder about dress code and carry on business as usual.

but she does know what she is doing sha, make I tell you.

and yes the boyz will be offended cos you have poured san san in their garri.

First-lady
Jun 26, 2011, 01:00 AM
My workplace last summer sent a reminder to all the workers stressing the dress code which I'm sure must be in your employee manual somewhere.
That is the best way to do this.
If your job uses e-mail as the primary mode of communication to employees,that portion of the manual should be sent to everyone as a friendly reminder
Please don't single this young lady out
If you folks use written memos,send this out to every employee,male and female.
Please don't involve HR since that may impact her negatively,if this sort of email or written memo needs to come from HR, she need not be the focus.

I would be very offended if a man walked up to me and advised me on my cleavage or mini skirts (assuming that was my mode of dressing) and most females would find that offensive too.
IMHO the method I outlined above is about the only way for you to do this without coming off as sexually harassing the hot babe.

As an aside,the memo we got at work amongst other things said no tank tops,spaghetti straps,no capris,T shirts "no excessive cleavage" and supervisors were authorized to send people home for non compliance and I wondered who determines what cleavage is excessive.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

depirate
Jul 2, 2011, 09:43 PM
Babe dey do im work well and get good rapport, and as a bonus she dey show bobby wetin come be the wahala? abi the hotness from im body no dey gree una do una work (including the babes)?.
A lot of places have dress codes but if none applies where she works then you should just leave her alone, if e too pain you make you begin come work in sharia compliant male clothe.

Ms Firstlady,
Abeg if position of cleavage inspector comot for una office make you PM me make i apply (i sure say with man know man i go get am), as i have over 25years experience (of admiring cleavage that is, which is essential for the job)

omoge21
Jul 7, 2011, 04:38 PM
I would take her to the side, definitely do not do it where others can hear. Just politely tell her there have been complaints about her dressing and that she is violating the dress code. Keep it professional.

Bill Carson
Jul 7, 2011, 04:54 PM
I would take her to the side, definitely do not do it where others can hear. Just politely tell her there have been complaints about her dressing and that she is violating the dress code. Keep it professional.

Omoge21,

There has been no complaint about her, but office gossip by jealous colleagues without work to do. Also, Anonymous did not mention her organisation having any strict dress code.