PDA

View Full Version : [General] Dame Patience Jonathan's Umblerra--a must see

Pages : 1 [2]

agensheku
Mar 25, 2011, 05:36 AM
Remember the former First Lady did this the other week.....

So our dear Dame's aides in diaspora shld be able to clarify soonest...hmm, for the sake of accountability..hic.
psstt, dont wake ILN up, i beg

There is one thing about the Dame. She does her things with brazen,the devil-may-care attitude. Sharing rice last Xmas,now sharing money to political offices aspirants as if her hubby is not accountable to anyone! Add the cost of hiring the venue,the dinner bills,et al.

Its as if we are not in a democracy anymore. And if the Press publishes the suspected funding source of these acts of "generosity",the security people may be on their necks.

emj
Mar 25, 2011, 05:48 AM
There is one thing about the Dame. She does her things with brazen,the devil-may-care attitude. Sharing rice last Xmas,now sharing money to political offices aspirants as if her hubby is not accountable to anyone! Add the cost of hiring the venue,the dinner bills,et al.

Its as if we are not in a democracy anymore. And if the Press publishes the suspected funding source of these acts of "generosity",the security people may be on their necks.

Well they just might surprise us and start publishing source after the fact. After all rumor has it that the wind of change is blowing and every city in Nigeria will be better than Dubai in 2012. Vision 2012...lets be optimistic....very...hic.

U don wake up? Me i just dey get ready to have a shut eye after some pheasant hunting.
The pheasants were almost scared away by some vultures..but when i aimed my shakabula...pahuuuuuuu.....hmm, they got the message sharp sharp....lol:)

Tomme
Mar 25, 2011, 02:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDAyUYcmudc&feature=player_embedded#at=471

While we are talking about Dame Johna bad English, listen to your potential president banging on the British Queen's Language.
Nigeria must develope its dialets.

Mikky jaga
Mar 25, 2011, 03:06 PM
Whenever any of the past leaders including OBJ with his mannerism during speeches read their boringly long addresses, I just tuned off. But if any of them is fond of throwing bombs like madam Patience normally does, I will pay close attention so I can laugh away their sorrow!

Till the winner emerges, I do not know what I'll do with all of these!!

Abraxas
Mar 29, 2011, 06:21 AM
Hi, folks!

Drama: VP Candidate Addresses Presidential Debates in Hausa
From Taiwo Amodu, Abuja
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Sun News Publishing

Nigerians, who thronged Transcorp Hilton Hotel, venue of presidential debate organised by Nigeria Election Debate Group, yesterday were stunned as one of the vice- presidential candidates did not express himself in English Language.
Moderator of the programme, Eugenia Abu, had disclosed that the vice presidential candidate of United National Party for Development (UNDP), Alhaji Galadima Samari, would need the assistance of an intepreter to translate his message to English.

Click here for more ..... >>>>>> (http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/mar/29/national-29-03-2011-01.htm)

Vade Mecum
Mar 31, 2011, 12:18 AM
Cut the jokes out. History will be very kind to Dame Patience Jonathan. She is the first authentic Nigerian First Lady. She is President Jonathan's greatest political asset. She is the representative of the average Nigerian woman in Aso Rock.

First-lady
Mar 31, 2011, 12:53 AM
I have retired from poking fun at the First lady so I can focus my energy on campaigning for President Goodluck.;)
I want to use this opportunity to ask others to respect the Dame and refrain from derogatory comments.
God bless you all as you comply:cool.png:

Nobody should tempt me please :D:D
Agens:biggrin:

Mikky jaga
Mar 31, 2011, 09:39 AM
Cut the jokes out. History will be very kind to Dame Patience Jonathan. She is the first authentic Nigerian First Lady. She is President Jonathan's greatest political asset. She is the representative of the average Nigerian woman in Aso Rock.

and she rocks people with laughter everytime she opens her mouth in public trying to throw her heavy weight (literally speaking) around in support of her husband. She should just cool down and allow politicians do their thing.

Remi Tinubu is a politician like her husband, you never see her mounting the podium mobilizing voters for her husband or his candidates. She does her mobilizing outside the full glare of the media. That is the difference between being an educated lady and a half baked, barely literate graduate.

Vade Mecum
Mar 31, 2011, 11:31 AM
and she rocks people with laughter everytime she opens her mouth in public trying to throw her heavy weight (literally speaking) around in support of her husband. She should just cool down and allow politicians do their thing.

Remi Tinubu is a politician like her husband, you never see her mounting the podium mobilizing voters for her husband or his candidates. She does her mobilizing outside the full glare of the media. That is the difference between being an educated lady and a half baked, barely literate graduate.

Many of the errors attributed to the Dame are actually exaggerations and or falsifications contrived by fun seeking folks.

How dare you suggest that a woman who speaks better English than 70 percent of Nigerians should be too ashamed to speak openly ? Have you observed that her constituency understands her ? She communicates effectively with the rural and inner township Nigerian women. Nigerian women appreciate her courage, confidence and leadership prowess. They have accepted her as their role model. She has effectively connected with our sisters, mothers and wives back in Nigeria's creeks and hinterlands.

Da Dame is da phenomenon.

dem
Mar 31, 2011, 12:36 PM
Many of the errors attributed to the Dame are actually exaggerations and or falsifications contrived by fun seeking folks.

VM my brother,

Even the ones shown on TV?

Vade Mecum
Mar 31, 2011, 12:50 PM
VM my brother,

Even the ones shown on TV?

Da masses Doc.,

How you dey ? Hope no shaking for England ?

Please observe that I wrote:

The percentage of her real and actual faux pax in the English grammar department, could be in the region of 7% of what mischievous folks treacherously attribute to her.

We must distinguish native dialect corrupted pronunciation in contradistinction to actual grammatical indiscretion.

Peace and love

V.M.

dem
Mar 31, 2011, 01:29 PM
Da masses Doc.,

How you dey ? Hope no shaking for England ?

Please observe that I wrote:

The percentage of her real and actual faux pax in the English grammar department, could be in the region of 7% of what mischievous folks treacherously attribute to her.

We must distinguish native dialect corrupted pronunciation in contradistinction to actual grammatical indiscretion.

Peace and love

V.M.

VM,

I hear you up there. But I have seen the madam spk on a few occassions. The bombs and the duds were dropped in the region of 50-50 and at an intervals not too disimilar.

In all honesty, her problem is not diction, dialet or mispronouciations. It is grammar, tenses, wrong word choices and word misapplication. As a graduate of anything (except perhaps Sudanese studies), that's a terrible indictment.

Vade Mecum
Mar 31, 2011, 02:43 PM
VM,

I hear you up there. But I have seen the madam spk on a few occassions. The bombs and the duds were dropped in the region of 50-50 and at an intervals not too disimilar.

In all honesty, her problem is not diction, dialet or mispronouciations. It is grammar, tenses, wrong word choices and word misapplication. As a graduate of anything (except perhaps Sudanese studies), that's a terrible indictment.

Dem,

Nothing do da Dame O.

Thank God, da Dame's problem can be fixed. Now, Bro's Joe should find the right experts to help fix the problem.

I guess NVS should send some experts (Volunteers only) to Aso Rock, to help da Dame out. Whatever NVS can do to move the nation forward; that is. After all, NVS is in the business of nation building.:cool.png:

Mikky jaga
Mar 31, 2011, 03:12 PM
Dem,

Nothing do da Dame O.

Thank God, da Dame's problem can be fixed. Now, Bro's Joe should set out to find the right experts to help fix the problem.

I guess NVS should send some experts (Volunteers only) to Aso Rock, to help da Dame out. Whatever NVS can do to move the nation forward; that is. After all, NVS is in the business of nation building.:cool.png:

Exactly!! Let her get her problems fixed before venturing out in public throwing bombs here and there. It is not all of us that are fellow widows!

Tomme
Mar 31, 2011, 08:12 PM
she rocks people with laughter everytime she opens her mouth in public trying to throw her heavy weight (literally speaking) around in support of her husband. She should just cool down and allow politicians do their thing.

Which politician or how many of them speak good English in Nigeria? Did you watch all the presidential debate, you need to watch them. Even Ribadu was so bad in his English and he is a Lawyer, who again; Buhari, Dele momodu I cant pronounce last name, etc. The only person I think has learned spoken English n the Race are Chris Okotie and the Kano governor.
So the so called politicians are not better than the First Lady.
I like that women and would even vote for her presidency, if she stand.
She has good heart. That women is firmly behind not only her Husband but the poor Nigerian and ready to influence his policy for good if elected.
Maybe Una need Bandito first lady like the late Yar YAR sweet heart.

Mikky jaga
Apr 1, 2011, 03:18 PM
Which politician or how many of them speak good English in Nigeria? Did you watch all the presidential debate, you need to watch them. Even Ribadu was so bad in his English and he is a Lawyer, who again; Buhari, Dele momodu I cant pronounce last name, etc. The only person I think has learned spoken English n the Race are Chris Okotie and the Kano governor.
She has good heart. That women is firmly behind not only her Husband but the poor Nigerian and ready to influence his policy for good if elected.

Whereas those presidential candidates must address Nigerians to be voted for or against, Madam Patience does not have to bother to address us if she cannot do it well. That is the difference!!

Abraxas
Apr 2, 2011, 08:08 AM
VM,

Hi, Dem!

Yes, indeed: It is an indictment of the rather sorry state of education across the length and breadth of Nigeria.

Pity.

Muchas gracias.

Don Juan-Carlos ABRAXAS (III)

Wind
Apr 2, 2011, 09:48 AM
VM,

u guys should stop bringing the CBN gofernu into this. what has his degree in sudanese studies got to do with his performance and this threae? afterall he is connecting with the economy.

Dapxin
Apr 2, 2011, 10:47 AM

Besides, the point here as I said plenty time before isnt about the bad English.

English isnt ma language and I reserve the rights to murder the thing whenva I like and hooweva I like, for as long as I am not being plain silly, or m0r0nic.

Moronic at the level of comprehension.

Believe me, Mrs. Jonathan is not half illiterate; she is outright uneducated. She so doesnt know what she is saying in english she shouldnt even be trying.

Proof: Fellow Widows. Thats all you need to know.

And the most riling thing as in, the one wey pass anyone pass, is she doesnt need to bring it upon herself. Or her family.

Cue in Turai; For all her cluelesness and outright devilish-ness, she was a master of shutting it.

Mrs Patient goes about with the arrogance of power that is the face of Abuja, in the most moronic way. she doesnt even know what she is saying.

Beyond disgraceful. It aint about english alone...

NoLongThing
Apr 2, 2011, 03:34 PM
My "fellow widows" is not indicative of poor English. It might be that she is in a state of acceptance and none of you guys know the reality of her life;).

Ezioyi
Apr 9, 2011, 02:39 PM
1. My Husband and Sambo is a good people

2. The President was once a Child and the Senators were once a Children

3. My Fellow Widows

4. A Good Mother takes care of his Children

5. The people sitting before you here were once a Children

6. Yes we are all happy for the effort,it is not easy to carry second in an international competition like this one - Addressing Press men after Female Under 19 Fifa World Cup

7. The Bombers who born them? wasn't it not a woman? They were once a Children now a adult now they are bombing women and children making some children a widow

8. My Heart feels sorry for these Children who have become Widows by losing their Parents for one reason or another

9. We should have love for our fellow Nigerians irrespective of their NATIONALITY

10. UMBLERRA

Igboamaeze
Apr 10, 2011, 11:34 PM
----

^ ^ ^

Omo, that one na real Ogbunigwe...

M. Akosa
Apr 10, 2011, 11:53 PM
----

^ ^ ^

Omo, that one na real Ogbunigwe...

You know what?

Da.. Dame can actually also sue the author of that list for plagiarism.
The poor woman is known for saying "Shildren " and not Children, as Bros Ezioyi noted on that infamous list of Da.. Dame's bombastic "ogbunigwe" on the hapless Naija citizens or was it "nationalities" according to Da...Dame
What ever she meant there? abi...naa her fellow widows or is it rather orphan as she is supposed to be refering to fatherless and motherless children.:twisted:

HolyPagan
Apr 11, 2011, 09:01 AM
Make Una pity di woman
How long ago did some Nigerian communities think it NOT worthwhile to send Girls to school?
She is a product of her time..a poorly/inadequately educated girl child, whose main career path was to find a good husband and be dependent on him for food and board forever more.

Mikky jaga
Apr 11, 2011, 12:54 PM
Make Una pity di woman
How long ago did some Nigerian communities think it NOT worthwhile to send Girls to school?
She is a product of her time..a poorly/inadequately educated girl child, whose main career path was to find a good husband and be dependent on him for food and board forever more.

And an educationally challenged fellow should know her limits and stay where her inadequacies will not be a hindrance to her performance especially when she is not being forced.

HolyPagan
Apr 11, 2011, 02:11 PM
And an educationally challenged fellow should know her limits and stay where her inadequacies will not be a hindrance to her performance especially when she is not being forced.
MJ be kind...have we ever asked you not to give your opinion on NVS?
extend the same charity jor

First-lady
Apr 11, 2011, 09:53 PM
MJ be kind...have we ever asked you not to give your opinion on NVS?
extend the same charity jor

OMG
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::lol:
chai
chai
chai
Mikky the son of Jagga
By the Grace of God,the only millionaire (in dollars) on NVS
if na me I no go gree lai lai
This is major
Please don't take it lying down
Defend yourself and clear your moniker biko
The reputation you have built up here since 2007 is at stake
don't delay nna,people are watching
Alu (abomination):razz::razz:

Mikky jaga
Apr 12, 2011, 10:57 AM
OMG
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::lol:
chai
chai
chai
Mikky the son of Jagga
By the Grace of God,the only millionaire (in dollars) on NVS
if na me I no go gree lai lai
This is major
Please don't take it lying down
Defend yourself and clear your moniker biko
The reputation you have built up here since 2007 is at stake
don't delay nna,people are watching
Alu (abomination):razz::razz:

FL, Na wetin I do now?

Na true she talk now!! Me too don join you leave Madam umblerra alone. But make she too take her time ooo!