PDA

View Full Version : Nigerian wins first Commonwealth Games Gold in India!!!!

Anioma777
Oct 4, 2010, 04:55 PM
Source: BBC Sports

Teenage Nigerian weightlifter Augustina Nkem Nwaokolo has won the first gold medal of the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi in the women's 48kg division.

The 17-year-old set a new Games record of 175kg after lifting 77kg in the snatch and 98kg in the clean and jerk to upset home favourite Soniya Chanu.

The Indian twice failed to lift the 103kg she needed to take gold and had to settle for silver with 167kg.

Fellow Indian Sandhya Rani finished third with an aggregate of 165kg.

India also took silver and bronze in the men's 56kg category with Sukhen Dey and Srinivasa Rao finishing behind Malaysia's Amirul Hamizan Ibrahim.

You might not be able to watch the link below if your not in the UK

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/commonwealth_games/delhi_2010/9058006.stm

No Smoking
Oct 4, 2010, 10:31 PM
Great start... :hail:

valteena
Oct 4, 2010, 10:38 PM
Not bad at all considering that every gold medal wining nation have only one gold medal to their credit thus far with the exception of Australia with 4 gold medals.

At least some cheering news is coming out of the madness that is the story of Nigeria presently.

Prophet
Oct 5, 2010, 12:14 AM
Some good news for a change: A talented young girl has caused Nigeria's wolrd acclaim to rise again by winning the first Commonwealth Gold in India.
Prophet

Auspicious
Oct 5, 2010, 12:19 AM
-

What should the federal govt do for this young girl!

This 'prophet' don dey see vision o.

Abi na dis wan eim dey call yung geh?

Anyway I like di espreson wey dey eim face..like say she dey sh*t wan kain maitty sheit. Pretty!

She resembu wan pesin wey ah know for dis Village. But ah nor o talk eim name. :twisted:

Any-anyway, CONGRATULATIONS! :clap:

<table class="storycontent" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2">

</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="storybody"> http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/49358000/jpg/_49358145_weight_women_medal_still.jpg

</td></tr></tbody></table>

netotse
Oct 5, 2010, 12:47 AM
that old mama is 17 abi?...

nijalaw
Oct 5, 2010, 12:57 AM
You doubters & haters don start again Oooohhh!!!!!
We should rally around our own gold winning athlete who has given us some good news & hope in these dark times.
Everyone knows that steroid usage brings about rapid aging & grotesque muscular build.

docokwy
Oct 5, 2010, 01:00 AM
A Yibo comes to the rescue, yet again. This one na mere olympic oh! How e go be for Yibo presidency?

netotse
Oct 5, 2010, 01:16 AM
You doubters & haters don start again Oooohhh!!!!!
We should rally around our own gold winning athlete who has given us some good news & hope in these dark times.
Everyone knows that steroid usage brings about rapid aging & grotesque muscular build.
didn't know that...thanks

shinycoin
Oct 5, 2010, 02:14 AM
Some good news for a change: A talented young girl has caused Nigeria's wolrd acclaim to rise again by winning the first Commonwealth Gold in India.
Prophet

Give her a scholarship to any Nigerian university of her choice... what else?...lol

Auspicious
Oct 5, 2010, 02:34 AM
You doubters & haters don start again Oooohhh!!!!!.

Come ooooon, we are happy for our "Yibo" sister!

Cant you see we're only felicitating with her??

Go Away Jare! :lol:
--

Mikky jaga
Oct 5, 2010, 08:02 AM
Why should it be the women always excelling in Nigerian sports nowadays? I am considering a gender change if the trend continues!!

Bode_Boluz
Oct 5, 2010, 11:36 AM
A hearty congratulations must go out to Ms Nwaokolo and her Team Mates and Trainers.

I hope the currently integrated sports program that has the plan to have resources in Abuja and the geo politcal zones, comes to fruition. So she and many more talented athletes, who we know are all over the country, can do the country proud in future sporting events.

Does any one have any indepth details of this? All I saw was an ex minister talking about it on AIT.... Thanks in advance for your help.

Once again Well done Augustina! Congratulations to you and your team!!

No Smoking
Oct 5, 2010, 12:39 PM
Why should it be the women always excelling in Nigerian sports nowadays? I am considering a gender change if the trend continues!!

After di gender change, yu go fit contribute Gold, Silver or Bronze medal???? :rolleyes:

valteena
Oct 5, 2010, 01:01 PM

Mikky good to see you coming round to the realisation that Nigeria would be a better place for all if it were ruled by women.:p:) I relish seeing Mikky flip at this lol:)

Mikky jaga
Oct 5, 2010, 06:24 PM
Mikky good to see you coming round to the realisation that Nigeria would be a better place for all if it were ruled by women.:p:) I relish seeing Mikky flip at this lol:)

No, not ruled!! That is a man's job, now!! I mean intangible things like running round the field and collecting some medals from that effort.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

After di gender change, yu go fit contribute Gold, Silver or Bronze medal???? :rolleyes:

Gender change, just to identify with their successes. After some time, I will change back to a man now. To be a woman permanently? There are other issues involved that will not make that attractive, you know!!

No Smoking
Oct 5, 2010, 10:44 PM
To be a woman permanently? There are other issues involved that will not make that attractive, you know!!

Mba. So fun mi kam gbo.... :lol:

First-lady
Oct 6, 2010, 01:11 AM
Source: BBC Sports

Teenage Nigerian weightlifter Augustina Nkem Nwaokolo has won the first gold medal of the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi in the women's 48kg division.

The 17-year-old set a new Games record of 175kg after lifting 77kg in the snatch and 98kg in the clean and jerk to upset home favourite Soniya Chanu.

The Indian twice failed to lift the 103kg she needed to take gold and had to settle for silver with 167kg.

Fellow Indian Sandhya Rani finished third with an aggregate of 165kg.

India also took silver and bronze in the men's 56kg category with Sukhen Dey and Srinivasa Rao finishing behind Malaysia's Amirul Hamizan Ibrahim.

You might not be able to watch the link below if your not in the UK

:eek::eek::eek:
Bikonu this medal has a down side o
why is everyone not seeing it?
OK she has won gold,yipee!
but why not in tracks like 100,200 or 400 meters even 1,500 sef
Mikky or Anioma,will you be bold enough to ask such a woman's hand in marriage?
talk true:lol::lol::lol::lol:
a weightlifting commonwealth champion of the world ?
mba nu

Mikky jaga
Oct 6, 2010, 08:27 AM
:eek::eek::eek:
Bikonu this medal has a down side o
why is everyone not seeing it?
OK she has won gold,yipee!
but why not in tracks like 100,200 or 400 meters even 1,500 sef
Mikky or Anioma,will you be bold enough to ask such a woman's hand in marriage?
talk true:lol::lol::lol::lol:
a weightlifting commonwealth champion of the world ?
mba nu

If she go lift weight no be her size she go lift? If you be 65kg go marry that kain one, well good luck to you. But we wey be heavyweight champions, no problems.

Godwin
Oct 6, 2010, 12:06 PM
If she go lift weight no be her size she go lift? If you be 65kg go marry that kain one, well good luck to you. But we wey be heavyweight champions, no problems.

Nwaokolo weighs 47 Kg and she lifted 98Kg on the way to Commonwealth Gold.

98 Kg is Super heavyweight. :lol::lol::lol:

Mikky jaga
Oct 6, 2010, 12:40 PM

98 Kg is Super heavyweight.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

98 Kg is Super heavyweight. :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the info. As I been tell you before, me I no dey her category. I am well over 100kg and carry a 9 month old pregnancy join. If you don see Sumo wrestlers, you have an Idea what I am talking about.

http://www.scrumbag.tv/2008/04/japans-rugby-st.html

jumpandpass
Oct 6, 2010, 12:49 PM
that old mama is 17 abi?...

You would look like an old mama too if you had to lift that thing!

denker
Oct 6, 2010, 01:15 PM
http://www.dlcache.indiatimes.com/imageserve/05UbeZ57n483n/350x.jpghttp://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0ePX7ZC8p730r/200x.jpg
DELHI (http://oneclick.indiatimes.com/topic/New_Delhi), INDIA - OCTOBER 05: (L-R) Silver medalist Onyka Azike of Nigeria, gold medalist Marilou Dozois-Prevost of Canada (http://oneclick.indiatimes.com/topic/Canada) and bronze medalist Raihan Yussof of Malaysia (http://oneclick.indiatimes.com/topic/Malaysia) pose on the podium during the presentation for the Women's 53kg weightlifting final during day two of the Delhi 2010 Commonwealth Games (http://oneclick.indiatimes.com/topic/Commonwealth_Games) at Jawaharlal Nehru Sports Complex on October 5, 2010 in Delhi, India (http://oneclick.indiatimes.com/topic/India).

No Smoking
Oct 6, 2010, 09:25 PM
#9 Nigeria G1...S1...B1... Total 3 Medals

Good going.

Carrygo
Oct 6, 2010, 10:30 PM
Wonderful!!

Mikky jaga
Oct 7, 2010, 08:00 AM
#9 Nigeria G1...S1...B1... Total 3 Medals

Good going.

Our goal is to be the best out of all African Nations participating. With one gold medal so far, we are not far from that target!!

No Smoking
Oct 7, 2010, 12:49 PM
Our goal is to be the best out of all African Nations participating. With one gold medal so far, we are not far from that target!!

Na wan t'in to get target, na anoda t'in to get di resources to achieve am. We get di sprinters, swimmers and long distance athletes to rival South Africa and Kenya?

emeka008
Oct 7, 2010, 12:54 PM
that old mama is 17 abi *Netotse,
Did you hear she lifted 98kg? Lifting you won't be that hard for her if she hears you disrespecting her.*

Bode Eluyera
Oct 7, 2010, 03:25 PM
NIGERIA: A LOCAL CHAMPION. SOMETIMES BRONZE IS EVEN MUCH BETTER THAN GOLD!!!

First, I want to join other villagers, Nigerians and Africans in congratulating teenage Nigerian weightlifter Augustina Nkem Nwaokolo.
At the same time, I want to quickly add that Nigeria is nothing but a 'local champion' among weak or non-sporting nations that gathered for the C.W. games whose status and standard is far below the results recorded at international events where Russia, Germany, the United States and other 'super power' sport nations are present. How I wished that teenage Nigerian weightlifter Augustina Nkem Nwaokolo won bronze at the Olympics or international weightlifting championship for Nigeria instead of gold at the Commowealt games that consists of nations with very little in common save the fact that they were once colonised, maltreated, raped, robbed and murdered by the cunning and evil British. The bitter truth is that the C.W. games has in no way helped to uplift sports of Nigeria and other participating nations to the international standards. In case you might have forgotten, then I will like to remind you that NIGERIA DID NOT WIN A SINGLE MEDAL AT THE LAST OLYMPICS. Nigeria did not even qualify for World basketball championship that ended not quiet long ago. Our performance in the only 2 sports - football and athletics - that we are best at are WOEFULL in the last 8 years.

In addition, I also want to draw our attention - especially the 'real' intellectuals in this village whom I so much respect, to this C.W. set up by the British. Please can somebody tell me what Nigeria and other African countries are gaining from this so called Commonwealth? How many times has an African country hosted the C.W. games? How has membership in the C.W. helped Nigerians to get easy visa that allows them to work in the U.K. or/and any country which is also a member of the organization. Does membership in C.W. help Nigerians to avoid humiliating interviews at British embassies; being subjected to barbaric and humiliating searches at their airports and be maltreated in Britain? I can tell you with 100% guarantee that today, it is 100 times easier for a Russian or citizen of the E.U. to get a visa to the U.K. than a Nigerian whose countrybis a member of the C.W. For God's sake, 'Why can't we just sit down and do some thinking and analysis - at least once and not allow the British to continue fooling us with this useless Commonwealth which is practically of little value to us and is nothing but an avenue for the British to continue colonising us "indirectly": influencing policies and making money out of us?!" The C.W. is of practically no value to Nigeria and other African countries.

It's high time Nigerian and African leaders understood that if we really want to develop and have/conduct/pursue independent economic, social, military and political policies that completely meet our own interests - and not those of the British, Canadians, Australians, New Zealanders and others, then we must end our membership in this 'good for nothing' organization set up by the British for their own interests and not ours.

Like I wrote in my series "SOVEREIGNTY, ECONOMIC SECURITY, BARACK OBAMA'S VISIT, JONATHAN, 2011 ELECTION AND THE DEVELOPMENT OF NIGERIA," one of the major factors that threatens the political, economic sovereignty, security and interests of Nigeria is membership in the BRITISH COMMONWEALTH!!!

IF ANY NIGERIAN PRESIDENT ANNOUNCES THE END OF NIGERIA'S MEMBERSHIP IN THE COMMON WEALTH, I AM READY TO LEAVE ANYTHING I AM DOING AND WORK FOR THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT FOR FREE FOR A MONTH!!!! NIGERIA DOES NOT NEED ANY COMMONWEALTH. NIGERIA NEEDS TO BUILD ITS C.W. AND COMPETE WITH THE BRITISH FOR GLOBAL POLITICAL AND ECONOMIC INFLUENCE AND NOT BE A WILLING TOOL IN THE HANDS OF THE BRITISH.

WE NEED TO LEAVE THE C.W. WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT AND PERSUADE OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRIES TO DO THE SAME!

YOU AR FREE TO REPUBLISH THIS POST ON YOUR BLOG, SOCIAL WEB SITES AND SEND IT TO FRIENDS, COLLEAGUES, POLITICIANS, HUMANRIGHTS ACTIVISTS, E.T.C Thanks.

Part 4 of my series "FREEDOM COALITION: $250M FUND TO ELECT MAJ. ABUBAKAR UMAR (RTD.)/RIBADU AND AKUNYILI IN 2011 AND GET RID OF BABANGIDA, JONATHAN AND THE CABAL FOR GOOD! YES WE CAN is available on nigeriansinamerica.com

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

Are we supposed to be full of pride and be dancing all day due to the fact that our country, Nigeria, A FAILED STATE, BIGGEST BANANA REPUBLIC IN THE WORLD, DOOMED COUNTRY - WITHOUT ANY HOPE AND RULED FOR 50 years by Incompetent, corrupt, visionless and morally bankrupt opportunists, with a population of 150 million, which is roughly a sixth of total population of Africa (that is to say that one out of every six African is a Nigerian), 6th largest exporter of crude oil whose citizens lack basic infrastructures and live on less than $1 a day emerges first among African countries in the Common wealth games which consists of former British colonies. What is the big deal in that? Please count me out of this 'disgraceful celebration.' I do rather celebrate something else.

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

LAZY BONES AND PARASITES!!!

And BTW, where are our Northern military sportsmen and women?! When will they win some medals for Nigeria? Afterall, they are supposed to be very very very very very strong and fast since they constitute the majority both in the military and in the country respectively!!! It's only when it is time for politics, sharing oil blocks and the loots and massacering innocent and armless Southern Nigerians that you will see the descendants of Usman Dan Fodio in action.

Lazy bones and parasites!!!

YOU AR FREE TO REPUBLISH THIS POST ON YOUR BLOG, SOCIAL WEB SITES AND SEND IT TO FRIENDS, COLLEAGUES, POLITICIANS, HUMANRIGHTS ACTIVISTS, E.T.C Thanks

Log on to nigeriansinamerica.com to read my articles.

Bill Carson
Oct 7, 2010, 07:17 PM
I don't know if it is racism or what, the way the British press are tearing the India people and organisational committee of this games is so unfair.

Back to what brought me to this thread, Nigerians should stop celebrating fraud. Mrs. Augustina Nwaokolo is older than me and am above 30 years (work it for yourself).

No Smoking
Oct 7, 2010, 10:18 PM
I don't know if it is racism or what, the way the British press are tearing the India people and organisational committee of this games is so unfair.

Back to what brought me to this thread, Nigerians should stop celebrating fraud. Mrs. Augustina Nwaokolo is older than me and am above 30 years (work it for yourself).

The cynicism of the Western Press cannot be disguised. They ran the same reports against South Africa in the World Cup.

But sha, nuklia pawa India for do beta to showcase this event.

Ehn, na wai dem dey broadcast di 'Tina babe im age sef. Di event na per weight abi na per age???

Mikky jaga
Oct 8, 2010, 02:18 PM

The competition is not an age grade competition. Some people never believe a Nigerian can excel fair and square! It is sickening!

First-lady
Oct 8, 2010, 03:02 PM

Nna i di kwa wicked o
how can you say that about this teenager?

Bode Eluyera
Oct 8, 2010, 03:40 PM
Honestly, I don't want to embarrass nor offend teenager Tina by belittling the gold that she won in India. Nevertheless, the fact remains that neither Nigeria, Canada nor Malaysia for that matter could even qualify for Heavrweigh championship talkless of being considered as serious contenders for medals. The heavyweights in Weightlifting are Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Russia, Cuba, Iran, Azerbadjan and 'probably' the United States. In 'serious' international competitions of 'world standard,' these are the countries that normally participate/feature and contest for medals - and not local champions like Canada, Malaysia nor your 'BIG FOR NOTHING, BANANA REPUBLIC CALLED NIGERIA!' Tina does not have any chances competiting against the sportswomen from the above-named countries. This is just the 'bitter truth.'

WE ARE ONLY MAKING A FOOL OF OURSELVES AND MAKING OURSELVES A LAUGHING STOCK OF THE WORLD BY CELEBRATING MEDIOCRACY AND THE FARCE PRESENTLY GOING ON IN INDIA CALLED THE COMMON WEALTH GAMES WHERE NIGERIA WINS MEDALS 'EASYLY' AMONG 'SPORT LILIPUTIAN COUNTRIES' LIKE ITSELF !!! THIS DOES NOT DO ANYBODY ANY GOOD.

Mikky jaga
Oct 8, 2010, 05:28 PM
Why are the Russians disturbing our peace, now?

Lalakokofefe
Oct 8, 2010, 05:40 PM
http://www.dlcache.indiatimes.com/imageserve/05UbeZ57n483n/350x.jpg

Why does she look so unhappy in that picture? She just won a silver medal. She is the only one not smiling.....

LKF

Iye
Oct 8, 2010, 05:47 PM
http://www.dlcache.indiatimes.com/imageserve/05UbeZ57n483n/350x.jpg

Why does she look so unhappy in that picture? She just won a silver medal. She is the only one not smiling.....

LKF

She's thinking, pawned silver does not amount to much!!

Bill Carson
Oct 8, 2010, 06:17 PM
The competition is not an age grade competition. Some people never believe a Nigerian can excel fair and square! It is sickening!

Mikky jaga,

The problem is that Mrs. Augustina will try using her fake under age to enter a major competition and deny genuine under age Nigerians opportunities to excel. Until the age wahala is addressed Nigeria will never move forward in sporting arena.

I know someone that captained Nigeria in FIFA under 21 world cup competition who was in Primary seven (they were the last set to do primary seven in Northern Nigeria) the year I entered primary one in the same school.

So far I have no reason to believe Nigerians can excel fair and square in international competition as we don't have recent precedent of success without age manipulation.

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Nna i di kwa wicked o
how can you say that about this teenager?

First Lady,

Na my fellow teenager I dey accuse of fiddling her age….lol

Bode Eluyera
Oct 9, 2010, 11:55 AM
Why are the Russians disturbing our peace, now?

WORTLESS MEDAL?!

Because the Russians are not happy with the fact that you are celebrating MEDIOCRACY instead of intelligent people/villagers like Mikky jaga asking serious questions and carrying out comprehensive analyis to determine the reason why a country of 150 million is not capable of winning a single medal at the Olympics; can not qualify for World Championship in different fields when small countries like Kenya, Ethiopia, Jamaica, even Bahamas are swinning in medals.

This is the reason why Nigeria has been ruled for 50 years by INCOMPETENT, CORRUPT, VISIONLESS AND MORALLY BANKRUPT OPPORTUNISTS and is UNDOUBTEDLY a FAILED STATE, BIGGEST BANANA REPUBLIC IN THE WORLD AND A DOOMED COUNTRY - WITHOUT ANY HOPE - DESPITE THE ENOURMOUS RESOURCES IT IS BESTOWED.

Judging from all the commentaries above, it's obvious that we have not yet learnt our lessons and still pursuing the old policy.

THIS IS THE BOTTOM LINE!!!

Part 4 of my series FREEDOM COALITION: $250M FUND TO ELECT MAJ. ABUBAKAR UMAR (RTD.) RIBADU AND AKUNYILI IN 2011 AND GET RID OF BABANGIDA, JONATHAN AND THE CABAL FOR GOOD! YES WE CAN! is available on nigeriansinamerica.com.

---------- Post added at 05:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 AM ----------

THE HIDDEN AND/OR REAL COST THAT WE PAY

BTW, it will be interesting to know the REAL AND/OR HIDDEN COST of that WORTLESS medal: How much was paid to the trainer/coach, cost of sport facilities, salaries of Nigerian sports administrators, travel, accomodation and other expenses of Nigerian sports officials that left for India. If we can get the 'true figures/data', at the end of the day, you/we will all realise that Nigeria and Nigerians have paid TOO MUCH for that medal which is of LITTLE OR NO VALUE. Perhaps, we would have been much better to invest that money in uninterrupted power and water supply, drainage system, build new schools and universities, equip existing hospitals or build more hospitals, roads, e.t.c. at least for a state in Nigeria. If we had done that, our problems would have been reduced at least a bit.

We must never forget (I always try to draw our attention to this very important fact) that EVERYTHING has its cost - direct or indirect, including a wortless medal won at the BRITISH COMMONWEALTH GAMES IN FAR AWAY INDIA. Most importantly and unfortunately, what many of us fail to understand is that in most cases, those intangible things - like financing sports and measuring the result, are much more costly than the tangible things like building new hospitals, schools, university, e.t.c.

BACK TO POLITICS.

And finally, I also want to remind advocates of ONE NAIJERIA that IT COST A HELL LOT OF MONEY TO DEVELOP A COUNTRY WITH A POPULATION OF 150 MILLION especially where a substantial part of its Northern populace are still stark illiterates and infected with 'deadly' diseases.

So, next time you interview a presidential candidate, ask him or her how much it will take to provide all the necessary/planned infrastructures for the country in the next 20 years (and give you a 'break-down' of the figures by state by state and region by region) and where will the source of finance come from. Will it come from the Niger Delta oil or the ground nut pyramids in babangida's mission in Minna. THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTIONS. DON'T FORGET TO ASK IT. AND MAKE SURE YOU GET A DETAILED ANSWER TOO. OKAY?

YOU AR FREE TO REPUBLISH THIS POST ON YOUR BLOG, SOCIAL WEB SITES AND SEND IT TO FRIENDS, COLLEAGUES, POLITICIANS, HUMANRIGHTS ACTIVISTS, E.T.C Thanks

No Smoking
Oct 9, 2010, 09:24 PM
@Bode
This is a ridiculous carry-on... :eek:

You rush in here to talk down the achievements of fellow Nigerians in a recognised international competition. Then you turn the thread to a political campaign.

It's hustlers like your self who force themselves on the poor masses by hook or crook, despite having nothing to offer.

I Love Nigeria
Oct 10, 2010, 05:29 AM
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/components/com_fpss/images/Boltic_pg_77_10_10_10.jpg

Nigeria's Boltic celebrates wrestling gold

No Smoking
Oct 10, 2010, 04:57 PM
Commonwealth Games 2010: Medals Table, Day 7
5 South Africa.......G9...S9...B9...Total 27
6 Nigeria...............G7...S5...B9...Total 21
9 Kenya................G5...S3...B3...Total 11

Bode Eluyera
Oct 11, 2010, 02:14 PM
@Bode
This is a ridiculous carry-on... :eek:

You rush in here to talk down the achievements of fellow Nigerians in a recognised international competition. Then you turn the thread to a political campaign.

It's hustlers like your self who force themselves on the poor masses by hook or crook, despite having nothing to offer.

I would have loved to give your post a 'dignifying' reply and address concrete and reasonable remarks. Unfortunately, there is nothing intellectual about your post. I would rather not engage people like you. And come to think of it, do I really need to reply every Dick and Harry who is not satisfied with my post(s).? No, I don't have to. I benefit nothing from doing so. Therefore, Mr No Smoking I HAVE NO COMMENTto your post. Chao!!!

denker
Oct 11, 2010, 02:28 PM
I would have loved to give your post a 'dignifying' reply and address concrete and reasonable remarks. Unfortunately, there is nothing intellectual about your post. I would rather not engage people like you. And come to think of it, do I really need to reply every Dick and Harry who is not satisfied with my post(s).? No, I don't have to. I benefit nothing from doing so. Therefore, Mr No Smoking I HAVE NO COMMENTto your post. Chao!!!

..but ya response na comment...abi nobi so...lol!

Godwin
Oct 11, 2010, 05:33 PM
WORTLESS MEDAL?!

Because the Russians are not happy with the fact that you are celebrating MEDIOCRACY instead of intelligent people/villagers like Mikky jaga asking serious questions and carrying out comprehensive analyis to determine the reason why a country of 150 million is not capable of winning a single medal at the Olympics; can not qualify for World Championship in different fields when small countries like Kenya, Ethiopia, Jamaica, even Bahamas are swinning in medals.

This is the reason why Nigeria has been ruled for 50 years by INCOMPETENT, CORRUPT, VISIONLESS AND MORALLY BANKRUPT OPPORTUNISTS and is UNDOUBTEDLY a FAILED STATE, BIGGEST BANANA REPUBLIC IN THE WORLD AND A DOOMED COUNTRY - WITHOUT ANY HOPE - DESPITE THE ENOURMOUS RESOURCES IT IS BESTOWED.

Ifeoma Iheanacho won Commonwealth Bronze medal in Wrestling Women's 67kg and won the same Bronze Medal in the 2009 & 2010 World Wrestling Championships in the same weight category. Incidentally the 2010 World Championships was held in your beloved Moscow, Russia.

Nigeria Olympic Medals by Games Since 1992

Games Gold Silver Bronze Total
1992 Barcelona 0 3 1 4
1996 Atlanta 2 1 3 6
2000 Sydney 0 3 0 3
2004 Athens 0 0 2 2
2008 Beijing 0 1 3 4
Total 2 8 9 19

No Smoking
Oct 11, 2010, 07:33 PM

Bode Eluyera? Intellectual??? Shuo!!! :lol:

Mikky jaga
Oct 12, 2010, 09:33 AM
Any update on this girl caught doping? I mean the 100 metres gold winner! I pray the B sample proves negative!! What a shame, after such glorious outing!!

No Smoking
Oct 12, 2010, 12:47 PM
Second Nigerian tests positive at Commonwealth Games
Samuel Okon, 24, who was sixth in the 110m hurdles won by Andy Turner, tested positive for the same drug as women's 100m winner Damola Osayemi.

Recently, several Jamaican sprinters and 11 Indian athletes tested positive for methylhexaneamine.

The drug, which has some performance-enhancing qualities, is commonly found but often not labelled in supplements and products such as nasal decongestants.

As the BBC's Steve Cram notes, the drug can therefore be taken by accident: "If people think a substance is not on the banned list, they take it, and sometimes they are caught out when it is added to the list."

Four of the Jamaican sprinters were given three-month suspensions and talking about Osayemi's potential punishment, Cram said: "I would expect a ban of between three and six months, which is probably proportionate to the crime."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/commonwealth_games/delhi_2010/9082481.stm

Innocent, naive or intentional???? Sad.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Commonwealth Games 2010: Medals Table, Day 9
5 South Africa.......G12...S11...B9...Total 32
6 Nigeria...............G9...S8...B12...Total 29
7 Kenya................G8...S6...B7...Total 21

Bode Eluyera
Oct 12, 2010, 03:46 PM
Ifeoma Iheanacho won Commonwealth Bronze medal in Wrestling Women's 67kg and won the same Bronze Medal in the 2009 & 2010 World Wrestling Championships in the same weight category. Incidentally the 2010 World Championships was held in your beloved Moscow, Russia.

Nigeria Olympic Medals by Games Since 1992

Games Gold Silver Bronze Total
1992 Barcelona 0 3 1 4
1996 Atlanta 2 1 3 6
2000 Sydney 0 3 0 3
2004 Athens 0 0 2 2
2008 Beijing 0 1 3 4
Total 2 8 9 19

HALF-TRUTH IS WORSE THAN LIES!!!

AND IS 19??? MEDALS AT 5 OLYMPICS SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF?!!!

Austin,

thank you for taking the time to provide this information. Unfortunately, in as much as I appreciate the time you took to provide this information, nevertheless, I must confess to you that it is USELESS. Like I have always pointed out in my posts, I have discovered that our system of education focuses mainly on teaching us how to blow BIG BIG BIG GRAMMAR without any emphasis on how to carry out CRITICAL THINKING or the ART OF GATHERING AND ANALYSING DATA in order to make INFORMED AND CORRECT DECISIONS/CONCLUSIONS. The notion and the ideology behind our system of education is based on the premise that 'the ability to blow grammar automatically means that or qualifies you to be an intelligent person.' But in actual fact, this is not true. I know a couple of people who have a better command of the English language compared to me, however, whenever I summarize or try to get to the bottom of what they have written(or their ideas) to my horror, I discover that IT IS COMPLETE RUBBISH. But in Nigeria, these people will be referred to as INTELLECTUALS just on the basis of their command of their English. These group of people even poze more threat to the society than people who did not go to school at all.A nd this is the reason why we are where we are today despite all our big big big grammar: 50 YEARS, NIGERIA IS A FAILED STATE, THE BIGGEST BANANA REPUBLIC IN THE WORLD AND A DOOMED COUNTRY - WITHOUT ANY HOPE DESPITE OUR BIG ENGLISH AND THE ENOURMOUS RESOURCES AT OUR DISPOSAL. What a pity, the English Language that some of us so much love to the extent that we have even made it the ONLY OFFICIAL LANGUAGE in the country has not been of much help - as it turned out.

HOW TO USE STATISTICS TO DRAW THE RIGHT CONCLUSION AND IN DECISION MAKING.

Now going back to the information about the performance of Nigeria in past Olympics which I claim that it is USELESS. Why? Because the information that you have provided is NOT REPRESENTATIVE ENOUGH for us to conclude whether Nigeria has performed well or not. To be precise, the information does not tell us how well Nigeria has performed RELATIVE to other countries.

EVERYTHING IS RELATIVE.

Like Einstein said, 'everything is relative - depending on with what/whom we are comparing. So, Austin, in order to answer the above question(s) about the performance of Nigeria in previous Olympics, you should had also provided data about the following:

1. The overall percentage of medals won by Nigeria compared to other countries.

2. How many countries participated in the previous Olympics?

3. The population of each country.

4. The GDP of each country.

5. The position of Nigeria in the medal tables.

6. The position of Nigeria among African countries.

7. The position of Nigeria among developing countries.

8. How many events featured and in how many events did Nigeria manage to win a medal?

9. What is the percentage of number of events that Nigeria won a medal compared to overall events that featured?

10. How many medals were won by the countries that came first, second and third respectively?

11. What is the percentage of medals won by the countries that came first, second and third respectively?

12. How much did Nigeria spend on preparing its sportsmen for the Olympics compared to other countries that won more medals?

If you could take your time to provide the data or answers to the above questions, then, it will be much easier for us to 'truely assess or answer the question 'how really good ' was Nigeria at past Olympics. And, before even providing the answers, I can tell you with confidence that NIGERIA'S PERFORMANCE AT PREVIOUS OLYMPICS WAS DISASTROUS/WOEFUL/SHAMEFUL/NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT.

However, to be fair to the 'hard-working' sports, their woeful performance is not their fault but the fault of the Nigerian government that fails to provide them with the necessary facilities, conducive enviroment and funds to compete at par with their counterparts. They are also victims of INCOMPETENT, CORRUPT, VISIONLESS AND MORALLY BANKRUPT LEADERSHIP PROVIDED BY THE NORTH AND THE MILITARY FOR THE PAST 50 YEARS!!! As the saying goes 'THE SPIRIT IS WILLING, BUT THE FLESH IS JUST DAMN WEAK.

I am not doubting the fact that Ifeoma Ihenacho won a bronze medal in Moscow. Big congrats to her!!! How many medals has Nigeria won in the Olympics and/or World Championship in wrestling before Ifeoma. How many medals weere awarded at the World Wrestling Championship? What was the overall position of Nigeria in that competition? What iis the probability that a Nigerian atlethe will win another medal in wrestling at the Olympics and/or World Championship after Ifeoma? Do we really have a 'water-proof system/structure' that will guarantee that Ifeoma or another Nigerian will continue winning medals at the Olympics and World Championship? Answer, NO. I am afraid to say that the medal was won mainly out of the determination, perseverance and hard-work of this great Nigerian. Thus, unfortunately, based on the above analysis, we can as well rightly conclude that Ifeoma medal is a 'once in a bluemoon event.'

Based on an 'express analysis' of the data provided by you above, I also discover that - and I am sure you will agree with me too - that in actual fact, Nigeria's performance at every Olympics is not stable and got worse - instead of improving. What conclusion can we draw from that? We can conclude that we lack a well defined strategy and plan for improving on our previous performance and are 'just going in circles. Moreover, we spend a lot of money to achieve results that were even worse than the previous ones.

Furthermore, without even asking you, I can tell you for sure that those medals that we won in those Olympics are from football and athletics - to be precise, from track events won by U.S. based Nigerian athletes/sprinters most of whom were students then:like Mary Onyali and others (whose names I can't remember now) In essence, what this means is that even the medals that were won at previous Olympics by Nigeria was NOT as a result of the efforts, good planning, vision, focus and strategy of the Nigerian government and sports federation but as a result of 'individual efforts and patriotism' of these athletes. If not for them, Nigeria would not had even won any medal at all at all the Olympics. Thus, we can as well conclude that it is the sports officials that are benefitting from the resources allocated to sports instead of the sports men. That explains our WOEFUL/DISASTRIOUS PERFORMANCE at the Olympics - and I am afraid to say that we will l continue to get these kind of shameful results if the trend remains.

In anycase Austin, I look forward to getting the answers to the questions above. You will surely agree with me that it ill be fair on your part to allow the villagers tomake 'AN INFORMED CONCLUSION.'

THIS IS THE BOTTOM LINE!

Now, if you will excuse me, I want to get back to REAL WORK before the UNINTELLIGENT destraction.

Bode Eluyera
Oct 13, 2010, 02:14 PM
Any update on this girl caught doping? I mean the 100 metres gold winner! I pray the B sample proves negative!! What a shame, after such glorious outing!!

I TOLD YOU SO!!! DIDN'T I?

That is just the beginning of an unfolding and interesting detective story. It seems that 'The hens are gradually coming home to roost- or perhaps,to get roasted - at last'. We have walked into the trap of the British again. Another international humiliation awaits Nigeria - A FAILED STATE AND THE BIGGEST BANANA REPUBLIC IN THE WORLD. Please keep us informed about the 'GRACE TO GRASS' of the GOLD MEDALISTS and the 'DUBIOUS COUNTRY' that they represent why cheating and stealing are norms.

When the whole drama is over, we will know exactly how much those medals are really worth and will also be able to verify whether they are worthless or not and how much the image (and reputation) of Nigeria is worth in the stock/international market.

Thankededed you in advancemented.

IT IS GAJU!!!

No Smoking
Oct 14, 2010, 11:41 PM
Commonwealth Games 2010: Final Medals Table
5 South Africa.......G12...S11...B10...Total 33
6 Kenya................G12...S11...B9...Total 32
9 Nigeria...............G11...S10...B14...Total 35