PDA

View Full Version : World Cup 2010

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

NoLongThing
Jun 26, 2010, 09:02 PM
tonight i am ghanain fantastic

Nigeria on my mind
Jun 26, 2010, 09:03 PM
Congratulations to Ghana for an incredible victory. I am glad they are now living up to the potential they have always represented as the best team in Africa. They have now gone farther than all African countries, save for Cameroon and Senegal, in the world cup. Great job.

Vade Mecum
Jun 26, 2010, 11:04 PM
Based on Weteen dem do Amodu, anybody could have predicted the doom, tragedy and disaster that awaited team Nigeria, at the FIFA Soccer World Cup 2010

Psalm 62:11 (King James Version)

God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God.

The NFF must realise that unto God is all power

The NFF ain't gat no power over Amodu

Of course, after Nigeria's World Cup disaster, we now know who is really powerful.

Yes, true power belongeth unto God and not the NFF

Proverbs 9:10 (King James Version)

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

The NFF must cultivate the fear of God and stop robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Onigbinde and Lagarback must not reap, where Amodu sewed

Psalm 127:1 (King James Version)

Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

Except the Lord build the Super Eagles team, the NFF, Onigbinde and Lagarback labor in vain.

Except the Lord watchet over the Super Eagles, the NFF, Onigbinde and Lagarback watchet but in vain

Auspicious
Jun 26, 2010, 11:31 PM
1 These are the names of the sons of Israel who went to Egypt with Jacob, each with his family: 2 Reuben, Simeon, Levi and Judah; 3 Issachar, Zebulun and Benjamin; 4 Dan and Naphtali; Gad and Asher. 5 The descendants of Jacob numbered seventy [a] in all; Joseph was already in Egypt.

6 Now Joseph and all his brothers and all that generation died, 7 but the Israelites were fruitful and multiplied greatly and became exceedingly numerous, so that the land was filled with them.

8 Then a new king, who did not know about Joseph, came to power in Egypt. 9 "Look," he said to his people, "the Israelites have become much too numerous for us. 10 Come, we must deal shrewdly with them or they will become even more numerous and, if war breaks out, will join our enemies, fight against us and leave the country."

11 So they put slave masters over them to oppress them with forced labor, and they built Pithom and Rameses as store cities for Pharaoh. 12 But the more they were oppressed, the more they multiplied and spread; so the Egyptians came to dread the Israelites 13 and worked them ruthlessly. 14 They made their lives bitter with hard labor in brick and mortar and with all kinds of work in the fields; in all their hard labor the Egyptians used them ruthlessly.

15 The king of Egypt said to the Hebrew midwives, whose names were Shiphrah and Puah, 16 "When you help the Hebrew women in childbirth and observe them on the delivery stool, if it is a boy, kill him; but if it is a girl, let her live." 17 The midwives, however, feared God and did not do what the king of Egypt had told them to do; they let the boys live. 18 Then the king of Egypt summoned the midwives and asked them, "Why have you done this? Why have you let the boys live?"

19 The midwives answered Pharaoh, "Hebrew women are not like Egyptian women; they are vigorous and give birth before the midwives arrive."

20 So God was kind to the midwives and the people increased and became even more numerous. 21 And because the midwives feared God, he gave them families of their own.

22 Then Pharaoh gave this order to all his people: "Every boy that is born [b] you must throw into the Nile, but let every girl live."

Footnotes:

1. Exodus 1:5 Masoretic Text (see also Gen. 46:27 Dead Sea Scrolls and Septuagint (see also Acts 7:14 and note at Gen. 46:27) seventy-five
2. Exodus 1:22 Masoretic Text; Samaritan Pentateuch, Septuagint and Targums born to the Hebrews

http://www.welcometohella.com/uploaded_images/Blackjesus-756932.jpg

Vade Mecum
Jun 26, 2010, 11:37 PM
World Cup: Bio, Now Is Time To Audit NFA Accounts

2010 World Cup Special Jun 25, 2010 By Patrick Omorodion

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/06/25/world-cup-bio-now-is-time-to-audit-nfa-accounts/

It is now clear that the Nigeria Football Association, NFA presented a bogus budget for the 2010 World Cup and actually got too much money, N900 million from the Federal Government.

Otherwise how would it have had so much money to take a motley crowd of over 90 people including family members of top officials as well as others the leadership wants to ‘bribe' in view of the elections scheduled for August.

NFA president, Alhaji Sani Lulu Abdullahi told Nigerians that the people the association took to South Africa were there to study how football is run and how events are organised. One now wonders how much of those things these men learnt in the short period they were in South Africa when most of the time they were out there shopping or on picnic.

Another sign that the NFA got more money than it required for the Super Eagles participation at the World Cup is the ridiculous amount it budgeted for the election which has been designed to return all the Board members for a second term.

It was gathered from a very reliable source that for an election that would hold for just one day and involving people not more a 100, the NFA budgeted, approved and released N34 million to the Electoral Committee.

This amount may not necessarily be for organising the election but could be partly used to settle the voters, most of whom had already been boosted with the estacode rewarding trip to the World Cup.

It is on record that the NFA confirmed getting the entire World Cup budget from the National Sports Commission, NSC. This is apart from the money it claimed it raised from other sources and the one expected to be paid it by FIFA for preparation and participation.

With the exit of the Eagles after the first round where they played three matches, losing two and drawing one, the country deserves to know how much is left from all the money the NFA collected for the World Cup.

Winning bonuses are different from bonuses earned for drawing a game. No bonus is earned for any match lost. The NFA had promised to pay the Eagles full bonus for the first round despite losing to Argentina and Greece if they could beat South Korea and move into the second round. This was just meant to boost them and fire them up to put in everything into the match.

Since the team could not beat South Korea and crashed out of the competition, it is clear that the NFA has some change to return to the government. Even if they decide to spend all the money they raised and the one FIFA paid or will pay them, they have to account for the N900 million collected from government.
Money was budgeted for the team from the day they began camping in London to the end of the World Cup, that is July 11, with the believe that the team will qualify for the semi final.

That was the target given Swede coach, Lars Lagerback.As the country takes stock on the Eagles participation in the World Cup, the sports minister, Alhaji Ibrahim Bio on behalf of President Goodluck Jonathan should ask for the account books to ascertain how the money the NFA got from the government was spent. There must not be a deficit since the Eagles crashed out after the first round. Some change must come back to government.

It is only after ascertaining that the money was well spent and the balance returned to government, after releasing the government white paper on the missing $236,000 and confirming that none of the officials were indicted that the August election must be allowed to hold. Anything short of this is gross misappropriation of government funds and outright fraud.

When this is proved, the culprits should be handed over to the security agencies for prosecution and stopped from contesting the forthcoming election. Since FIFA does not condone fraud by its officials or affiliate federations, the matter should then be reported to it.

omaks
Jun 27, 2010, 12:23 AM
The ease with which we cherrypick to exonorate a LaggingBehind and hammer down an Amodu.

Did you see any of Maradona's qualifiers ? If Amodu's ones were eye-sore, the last 2 or three of Argentinas road to SA was the defintiion of puke! And it is the same team, under the same crew that NextLevel now describes

They had messi in the 2 games that I saw. And the same setup. What's changed ?

Nigeria - supported by folks - sacked theirs not minding the cheer stupidity of it in terms of timing, whereas Argentina stuck to their terms of reference to Maradona.

LaggerBehind failed! The quality of play or otherwise is immaterial. I mean, what's to say with the right amount of support - Amodu wouldnt know one or two younger legs within Nigeria to take to the worldcup ?

Nigeria was the only ***Repeat, only!** country in SA without one home based player. Reason ? I hazard, LaggingBehind has no clue to where they might be, even if we all agree the local league is miles behind the standard we all know or expect...;

At the very minimum, players from it would have played their hearts out, you know like Enyeama rather than the overbloated joke of a striker who was probably merely playing for his work permit...

See guys! this becomes more ridiculous the more we try to spin it.

It is well documented on the threads relating to thw World Cup qualifiers numerously abound that i supported Amodu for sometime. I began to change my opinion on the last day of the qualifiers against Kenya.That was an epitome of the ineptitude of Amodu. Now i wish Kenya has finished strongly and dumped nigeria out of the world cup proper. In that game Nigeria struggled immenselky, and had to come from behind to win three goals to two. Now, the Game against Tunisia set the tone for how our boys would continue to play. A few seconds after they scored the first goal(and were still patting each other on the back), Tunisia equalised.

The problem afflicting out Eagles is endemic indiscipline. They cannot concentrate for 10 minutes without commiting one defensive lapse or the other. Blaming Lagerback for our problems will amount to burying one's head in the sands. It was just too short a time for the change of guard, but it doesn't mean that Amodu would have fairwd any better. We are able to make this deduiction because while Maradona is experiencing his first stint as the National Coach of Argentina, Amodu has had at least four different stints at the helm of the Eagles' affairs. There has been some measure of success no doubt, during those period, but Amodu had taken us as far as his ability could. It would not have mattered whether he took us to South frica or not, 'cos he would have adopted the same tactics as before. That would have been catastrophic. Lagerback is an experienced trainer too, with some measure of success. If he feels he has nothing more to offer Nigeria and its football, he should be relieved. Unnecessary sentiments will not augur well for our football. 'When one fails to plane, one plans to fail. This is highly demonstrated by the successes of Ghana and it current crop of players. Where are our silver winning under - 20 boys form 2009? What are the plans for the Silver winning U - 17 boys? For as long as we don't expand out playing options to include these group of boys, we cannot hope for much different from these so called foreign based professionals. They lack desire and commitment necessary for success.

Sonner or later, most of us will find it right to lay opff Lagerback's back. Right now there is some sort of excuse behind which he can hide. It is fair to give him a little bit more time, and then judge his performance overall. As for now, he hasn't met our expectations, but if we were being honest to ourselves , our expectations are a bit too high considering the situation of things. Ghana prepared well, not over a period of six weekor six months, but over a period of two years or more. They are reaping the fruits of those preparation. By the way, ytou do not have to cart a battalion of hagovers to anywhere in the world to learn how to organise efficiently. As such, NFF and its administrators are continuing to take the wrong steps, and we are not fooled or amused at their ineptitude. They should be swept out of office, the whole lot of them and fresh hands with progressive ideas should be allowed to run the show.

Uncle Sam
Jun 27, 2010, 01:30 AM
I am in business practice and I think like business practioneers even in football.

For every African team in this tournament, there is one goal like all the 32 teams.

So the goal is established.... TO WIN

But where are the plans to win? Where are the operations to win? Where are are the tactics to win? Here African teams failed woefully. Big time. Forget France for now.

No African country failed to set the right goal. That is positive. You might be surprised that some would have come in to have a good showing.

If you analyze the tactics employed by African teams, it is tactics employed by bad planners and or loosers. No team has made it to quarter finals by such tactics.

Winning teams build the attack from their goal post to the opponent's post. A tactic employed by South Americans, and USA. Same for Europe and UK is buying into that too now.

The African teams I was opportuned to watch played what in those days was called the police ball.....where the goal keeper just played the ball into the enemies 45 hoping upon hope that one of his team members will get the ball and score. Football has transcended such planlessness. When you shoot the ball directly into the opponents territory, the stastical chance of possession is 50/50. Why would any team with a goal of winning, play such a senseless and planless tactic or attack?

Cameroun, Ivory Coast, South Africa, used these long ball plays as an attack strategy. Cameroun was especially worse culprit. I could not believe my eyes as I watched Cameroun's play.

Algeria used this strategy to a lesser extent but then they should never have used it at all..... they are out anyway

I was not opportuned to watch any of Nigeria's games. Therefore, I cannot speak of our tactics and strategies on this Cop mundial.

But analyze Ghana.... Ghana builds the attack from goal post to goal post and it is paying off. I won't write Ghana off yet. If Ghana keeps their well oiled plan like they are playing now...building attack from goal post to opponents goal post, Ghana might as well go places

Watching our African teams play reminds me of our governments that do things and hope they score, Hell no! You make plans to meet your goals.

And this brings me to another chapter...... of foreign coaches. Do these foreign coaches have our interest at heart at all or they are intruments to helping decrease the statistical chances of seeing african teams win? It is becoming really suspicious because a win for an african team is a loss for an european or south american statistical chance.

These so called foreign coaches, know within their hearts that police ball is out-of-whack yet they allow african teams to play such strategy. Something is fishy.

Now, I know. Uncle Sam may curse at Nigeria 24/7. I may get angry at my Country 24/7 but no foreign coach can be as patriotic as Uncle Sam.

'"That's all I have to say about that".....Forrest Gump-the movie-

DeepThought
Jun 27, 2010, 02:43 AM
Based on Weteen dem do Amodu, anybody could have predicted the doom, tragedy and disaster that awaited team Nigeria, at the FIFA Soccer World Cup 2010

Psalm 62:11 (King James Version)

God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God.

The NFF must realise that unto God is all power

The NFF ain't gat no power over Amodu

Of course, after Nigeria's World Cup disaster, we now know who is really powerful.

Yes, true power belongeth unto God and not the NFF

Proverbs 9:10 (King James Version)

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

The NFF must cultivate the fear of God and stop robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Onigbinde and Lagarback must not reap, where Amodu sewed

Psalm 127:1 (King James Version)

Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

Except the Lord build the Super Eagles team, the NFF, Onigbinde and Lagarback labor in vain.

Except the Lord watchet over the Super Eagles, the NFF, Onigbinde and Lagarback watchet but in vain

vm
Pls is everything alright?

Vade Mecum
Jun 27, 2010, 04:05 AM
vm

Is it not time for the the NFF to stop pushing and shoving Nigerian coaches around like it's a god unto itself ?

Why must the NFF be allowed to constitute itself into a FIFA protected tyrant; violating the contractual rights of Nigerian coaches based on it's whims, nuances and caprices ?

The NFF threw Amodu out of his job, based on Nigeria's loss to Ghana in the Semi Finals of the CAF/ANC

Now Ghana is the only African country to ascend to the quarter final of the FIFA World Cup (2010)

Is it not abundantly clear now, that the real problem is the team and and not the coach that was fired in gross violation of his contract with the NFF ?

Is the puerile, pedestrian and mediocre status of the Super Eagles, not an indictment of the NFF as the body responsible for the growth and development of football in Nigeria ?

Is it not time for the Nigerian government to smash the NFF into smithereens and pay FIFA's administrative fine ?

Is it not time for the EFCC to descend heavily on the NFF ?

Is it not time for those folks in the NFF to stop playing god ?

Now consider these two scenarios:

At the 2006 FIFA World Cup, after Zinedine Zidane received a red card, France went ahead to drag Italy into and through the extra period without conceeding a goal

In South Africa (FIFA World Cup 2010) after Sani Kaita received a red card, the Nigerian team, under the management of the NFF employed 'world class coach Lars Lagarback' suffered a melt down and conceeded two avoidable goals

Now, is the fact that the NFF employed Lagarback and deceitfully announced to Nigerians that the dude is a world class coach, worth the huge sum of Nigeria's money spent on securing his recruitment; not enough proof of the NFF's poor judgment, acute deficiency in technical issues regarding soccer and sufficient reason for the Nigerian government to throw the NFF demagogues out of the Glass house, FIFA or no ?

omaks
Jun 27, 2010, 09:51 AM
Is it not abundantly clear now, that the real problem is the team and and not the coach that was fired in gross violation of his contract with the NFF ?

Vade Mecum, the old age adage says that, 'A team is only as good as its coach'. Elsewher in the world of football, the Manager is the one in charge, and he lives and dies by his results. In Nigeria, we vituperate over silly little things to justify our opinions. the fact is Siasia is being clamour for today to take the helms of affairs with 'THE ORDINARY EAGLES', so too Keshi. Had Amodu done pretty much as well as our expectations dictated, then he would have taken 'the ordinary Eagles' to the world cup in South Africa'. I would have loved for Amodu to thave taken them to South Africa as an indigenous manager, but all through the qualifyers he showed he was out of his depth. Unfortunately the NFF acted TOO LATE. Had the change of guard been done earlier, say at the end of the first round of qualifying, perhaps things would not have been this bad.

Is the puerile, pedestrian and mediocre status of the Super Eagles, not an indictment of the NFF as the body responsible for the growth and development of football in Nigeria ?

Is it not time for the Nigerian government to smash the NFF into smithereens and pay FIFA's administrative fine ?

Indeed the 'old farts' at NFF have to share as much of the blame as the playing staff and the management team. NFF administrators lack ingenuity, foresightedness, and desiciveness to really turn things around in our football development. For years they have been clamouring for the upgrade of our league stadia to no avail. What training programmes are in place for the development of local coaches? What incemntives are availble for local coaches, local football professionals, Age - group talents and other budding footballers? NONE. We need to recognise that we are deeply mired in our old unproductive ways of administering football, and so while we stagnate, other countries pass us by. The problem isn't with Lagerback, rather it is with his employers.

At the 2006 FIFA World Cup, after Zinedine Zidane received a red card, France went ahead to drag Italy into and through the extra period without conceeding a goal

In South Africa (FIFA World Cup 2010) after Sani Kaita received a red card, the Nigerian team, under the management of the NFF employed 'world class coach Lars Lagarback' suffered a melt down and conceeded two avoidable goals

By any standards, Lagerback is a good coach. Westerhoff was employed by Nigeria in the 80s without half the achievements that Lagerback had on his CV. Westerhoff did modestly well with the National team having been in charge for up to eight years. Lagerback has only had real contact with bthe team three weeks prior to a world cup, and another two weeks during the competition proper. We expected miracles from Lagerback, but i watched the press conference when he was unveiled to the Nigerian public. Nowhere on his CV or in his utterances did he claim to be a miracle worker. The NFF were the once who promised that we would reach the semi finlas. They are the ones who should be held accountable.

Now, is the fact that the NFF employed Lagarback and deceitfully announced to Nigerians that the dude is a world class coach, worth the huge sum of Nigeria's money spent on securing his recruitment; not enough proof of the NFF's poor judgment, acute deficiency in technical issues regarding soccer and sufficient reason for the Nigerian government to throw the NFF demagogues out of the Glass house, FIFA or no ?

Unfortunately government inetrferrence is not tolerated by FIFA. Those who should do something about the moribund NFF administrators are in their pockets. Okocha claimed that it was time for football people to be at the helm of affairs. How soon that will materialise is yet to be seen. Elections are due to be conducted soon, but my guess is that the same old incompetent hands will stand for election and manipulate themselves into office again. That is the storyy of our live in Nigeria.

Dapxin
Jun 27, 2010, 10:01 AM
By any standards, Lagerback is a good coach.

No! Hell No.

By common sense standards, straight out of the textbook standards, LaggerBehind is a FAIL coach. He wouldnt even qualify his own country where he was not sacked!

And where he came for his 419 experiment, he wouldnt even win a single game! Disgraceful! Him and the curious extent you 'd you go to be uncritical.

Dapxin
Jun 27, 2010, 10:06 AM
Uncle Sam,

You expect a country run by LaggerBehind apologists - who are in it merely for the kill of $$$ ££££ and =N=x unlimited - to plan ?

Even the most basic of all decision making - that you do not sack your management team 3 weeks to a major occupation - they got abjectly wrong!

Maybe you werent following all the slow motion walk into disaster of a continents open sore, worst of which was Nigerias but anyone expecting anything remotely sensible from Abuja's NFA and the toothless Yaradua Aso Rock of then is being plain delusional.

What I wouldnt take tho, is this nauseating rationalisation, justification, and know-towing at the feet at the excuse of some random european fail! of a con-artist, just because he is white by some of those in here who should know better. And they have tried everything to rationalise off thier inferiority complexes even if some of it are involuntary. that much we owe to the reading little ones....

Dapxin
Jun 27, 2010, 10:14 AM
Omaks,

Had Amodu done pretty much as well as our expectations dictated, then he would have taken 'the ordinary Eagles' to the world cup in South Africa'. I would have loved for Amodu to thave taken them to South Africa as an indigenous manager, but all through the qualifyers he showed he was out of his depth.

dont spin!

One thing we know for sure, you are never having Amodu because you concluded he is out of his depth; But the man had to qualify, that was his bill. He did. In that, he delivered. I have argued it conclusively on this thread - what he did or how he did to that point is immaterial, he f!cking qualified.

And here you are, not questioning how it was your laggerBehind of an european 419, has not apologised, for failing. He promised a semi-final showing.

Speaking of your reference to Siasia etc etc. Folks on here, brought them in to paint for you the larger picture: It would have been **1 Billion times** more profitable to the psyche of an over-abused continent for either of these people, to have been in charge of the last ramshackle team, and failed the spectacular way of your rationalised LaggerBehind, than for a micro-meter or an European to have even succeeded the way of Laggerbehind.

And I can almost bet with my very head, that given a Nigerian coach of any competence at all headnig to SA, at least 1 or 2 9ija based player would have been on that plane. In that sense, at least one player would have been playing his hearts out with enyeama at South AFrica.....

I dont understand why it is hard for you and your team to see it. Then, it would have been a Nigerian failure. A failure to learn from. As it is, Its another stupid African country! with their irreparable colo-mentality failure.

We have not only failed @ sport. We have lost money. And above all, we have again lost self respect as a people. Its triple (ooooooooor more ) Jeopardy. Its insane.

Stop making fading excuses. We watch this sport too.

Mikky jaga
Jun 27, 2010, 11:19 AM
Uruguay is not expected to be an insurmountable obstacle to Ghana. I am already seeing Ghana in the Semi Finals already.

As your government so is your sports. In the years when all Ghana could boast of (Pre-Rawlings Years) was corrupt government, their football also nosedived. In those years, Ghana could not even qualify for the World Cup. But now... Nigeria is the one lagging behind in a sport we once dominated in Africa. Our solution to any problem is - throw more dollars around and the problem will disappear. This time around, our dollars failed us woefully.

How are the mighty fallen!!

DeepThought
Jun 27, 2010, 12:50 PM
Is it not time for the the NFF to stop pushing and shoving Nigerian coaches around like it's a god unto itself ?

Why must the NFF be allowed to constitute itself into a FIFA protected tyrant; violating the contractual rights of Nigerian coaches based on it's whims, nuances and caprices ?

The NFF threw Amodu out of his job, based on Nigeria's loss to Ghana in the Semi Finals of the CAF/ANC

Now Ghana is the only African country to ascend to the quarter final of the FIFA World Cup (2010)

Is it not time for the EFCC to descend heavily on the NFF ?

Is it not time for those folks in the NFF to stop playing god ?

Now consider these two scenarios:

VM,
You're preaching to the choir , I'm with you.

I know most Nigerians are religion crazy and it is quite understandable. Nevertheless one would haved hoped this site would capture the best of us, however, events have proven that it doesn't, it merely represents and reflects Nigeria.

Its just that with all the Jehosaphating you're doing , fear come catch me, but your last post reassures me that you're quite fine. I haven't studied your postings quite closely and don't know what your profile is, but with the little I've read from you, I didn't figured you as one who delights in mischief/fun , I would have been worried if you had replied with a double barrelled thunderous "Thus saith the lord....through his beloved prophet.. :)"

Thanks

Dapxin
Jun 27, 2010, 02:10 PM
I missed the Ghana matchup last night. delighted for them going thru. getting a download already...

As of now, let's see if the noisy england can find a way to beat their own demons against a fucnational german side.

Dapxin
Jun 27, 2010, 02:37 PM
I sent this after watching the game for 5minutes.

#ger is functional. they will score... #eng looks frozen. as is usual :) #worldcup

Its 2 up! functionality, solid ones trumps up virtual suparstardomism

Dapxin
Jun 27, 2010, 02:38 PM
hehehehehe, england gets one back....this game can be sick :p shocking defending too from germany.

Dapxin
Jun 27, 2010, 02:46 PM
Now a legit goal goes disallowed....

NoLongThing
Jun 27, 2010, 03:18 PM
Come on England, you can do it. Crush, crush, crush the German machine.

NoLongThing
Jun 27, 2010, 03:28 PM
I am totally sickeneddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd. Totally totally totally. Where my friend, Remy, I need him desperately.

NoLongThing
Jun 27, 2010, 03:35 PM
I swear I will never support these id!ots ever again. This is too much to take.

Mikky jaga
Jun 27, 2010, 03:41 PM
Total disgrace, I must tell you! What a waste of 9 million pounds. I believe England should ask for a refund fro Capello.

Mikky jaga
Jun 27, 2010, 03:44 PM
Even Ghana was not disgraced like this. Up Ghana!! Go, Ghana Go. Semi final is waiting for you. History must be made by an African team. Even though Nigeria is lagging behind at the moment.

Exxcuzme
Jun 27, 2010, 03:44 PM
English backs got no speed. What sport are the English good at?

Mikky jaga
Jun 27, 2010, 03:53 PM
I heard these English players receive millions playing football weekly! It is time Nigeria do away with fat salaried players and get some hungry, forward looking folks to don her National colours.

Dapxin
Jun 27, 2010, 03:59 PM
Haha! Fabio Cappello too joins the rank of LaggerBack as one of the foreign Scammers :) :) of a coach

At least the rest of us normal football fans can breath easy. England ? they win it before they kick it. And then they nkow it isnt that easy :)

denker
Jun 27, 2010, 04:55 PM
Deutschlland...Deutschland...Deutschland...über alles....the CHILDREN of GOD don destroy ENGLAND...up my Deutschland...lol!

Auspicious
Jun 27, 2010, 05:04 PM
I swear I will never support these id!ots ever again. This is too much to take.

Haaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaa!

Auspicious
Jun 27, 2010, 05:05 PM
I am totally sickeneddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd. Totally totally totally. Where my friend, Remy, I need him desperately.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaahaa!

Teeeeeeeeeeeeheheheheehehe!

(Hmmm...Hmmm!. Breather..)

Heeeeeeeeeeeheheheheheehe!

Dapxin
Jun 27, 2010, 07:04 PM
A defenders worst nightmare. bad pass, Higuan! goal. 2 - 0 down. frustrating. can dey com back ?

HolyPagan
Jun 27, 2010, 07:33 PM
vm

Wetin you go tell Auspy den?
Na serious Bible the bro dey bash pesin for head.

NoLongThing
Jun 27, 2010, 07:41 PM
The problem with Mexico is that even thought they play good possession football but like the Naija post office they just never deliver. Jesssssssssss, man wat a goal by Tevez. What a goal - absolutely no stopping that.

Auspicious
Jun 28, 2010, 04:57 AM
+

World Cup goes to Argentina, anyone?

The Albicelestes seem to have the momentum, if you ask me.

Maybe Maradona will get to run down the street of Buenos Aires butt-naked like he said. :lol:

OweEse
Jun 28, 2010, 06:51 AM
England have a new coach!!!:p

It'll be picking them up from Heathrow later on this morning...:redface:

NextLevel
Jun 28, 2010, 08:00 AM
Is this true to a worldcup torunament level ? I doubt it.

It's actually truer at the world cup level than other levels because the sample of matches is smaller.

NextLevel
Jun 28, 2010, 08:12 AM
Wish I had posted my first 4 predictions and it is unfortunate that people are still picking against Ghana or are picking Ghana on sentiment...

For the last 4, they are the obvious ones based on quality of play thus far:

Brazil-Chile -> Brazil
Spain-Portugal -> Portugal
Japan-Paraguay -> Paraguay
Netherlands - Slovakia -> Netherlands

Since I think Soccer is random at this level, I wouldn't be surprised to be wrong on all 4. But since I nailed the first 4, let me see i I can do better than 50-50.

Money to be made on Germany-Argentina!!

Dapxin
Jun 28, 2010, 08:21 AM
It's actually truer at the world cup level than other levels because the sample of matches is smaller.

I disagree. totally.

In your initial post, you had tried to dissociate results from goalscoring.

At the worldcup level, nothing is more important than goalscoring. Infact, goals scored and the chances so created, determines who gets the result.

There is only one result. goals. greater goals.---->worldcup. ---->worldWinners.

Uwaa Sef
Jun 28, 2010, 02:34 PM
After reading some of the predictions and analysis here so far, I can't help wondering if i'm watching the same matches you guys are watching. With the exception of NextLevel, I don't read anyone giving Ghana a chance. Colomentality? As far as I'm concerned, Ghana is one of the few teams to beat in this tournament. Ghana vs Germany is going to be Ghana's toughest game. The way Ghana is playing so far, I'll pick them over Argentina.

Please get off your prejudice and watch Ghana more closely. These guys have come to play ball. They're one of the most impressive teams in this tourney in all departments of the game.

Later

Dapxin
Jun 28, 2010, 02:37 PM
^

I have only seen Ghana once against Ger, and while I was impressed @ their midplay, I worried for their goalscoring precision. They should/coulda whacked the germans in that group imo.

Mikky jaga
Jun 28, 2010, 03:38 PM
While we praise Ghana and her team at this World Cup, we should remember that it was an indigenous coach that discovered these boys and groomed them into a world winning U20 team before the Serbian took over most of the boys for the World Cup.

omaks
Jun 28, 2010, 05:31 PM
Who's going to win the world cup? Uhm..... Nigeria will win the 2010 World cup in South Africa, and don't any of you scuff at my predictions. Yes Nigeria is coming back to South Africa, after referee and FIFA officials discovered that South Korea indeed fielded a Japanese outfielder in their team. This was detected by a new TECHNOLOGY which FIFA officials had been secretly trialing, and had pronounced today that if Nigeria as a result of their discovery is allowed back into the QUARTER FINAL STAGE, then FIFA will intoduce Video technology from 2011, so that the injustice done ENGERLAND does not have to repeat itself again. The ball is now over to the remaining participants in the tournament to let Nigeria back in, and gain the use of Technology afterwards. LOL (If only wishes were horses.........:lol::lol::lol:)

omaks
Jun 28, 2010, 06:25 PM
Lagerback Out, Siasia In?Click Here (http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201006282251890)

It looks like NFF are out of money and can't afford to hire Lagerback. For those who might be rejoicing at Lagerback's exit, it isn't because of his performance. The NFF is unable to meet his fee, and so he is not on their agenda at the moment. If the FG is willing to foot the bill, then the NFF seem interested in keeping him.

Now Siasia is primed to take over the Eagles if all indications are anything to go by. I'm sure those calling for Lagerback's head now will sooner, rather than later be doing the same to Siasia. Amodu was a recepient of the same treatment until Lagerback came in, and some began to vociferously speak through both side of their mouth in support for Amodu. We then wonder where Odemwinge learnt to 'Double speak'?

Anyway, right now i'm in 'siddon look mode' where the Eagles are concerned.

Vade Mecum
Jun 28, 2010, 07:13 PM
VM,
You're preaching to the choir , I'm with you.

I know most Nigerians are religion crazy and it is quite understandable. Nevertheless one would haved hoped this site would capture the best of us, however, events have proven that it doesn't, it merely represents and reflects Nigeria.

Its just that with all the Jehosaphating you're doing , fear come catch me, but your last post reassures me that you're quite fine. I haven't studied your postings quite closely and don't know what your profile is, but with the little I've read from you, I didn't figured you as one who delights in mischief/fun , I would have been worried if you had replied with a double barrelled thunderous "Thus saith the lord....through his beloved prophet.. :)"

Thanks

My good friend DeepThought,

Make you nor fear, you hear :biggrin::lol:

Once in a while, we should look at things from a spiritual perspective

There are scriptural principles governing every aspect of our every day activities.

Problem is, some folks are averse to anything spiritual (positive spiritual that is), and some others are used to biblical facts in contradistinction to biblical principles.

Truth is, it is in scriptural principles, that we find the proper moral predicates for our inner compass

Amodu's contract was violated whimsically by the NFF, and many folks do not realise that, after all the man suffered physically, psychologically, emotionally and mentally to ensure Nigeria's qualification for the FIFA 2010 World Cup; there would be serious spiritual ( yes, spiritual) consequences as a result of his mistreatment.

Even the American constitution protects the sanctity of contracts in it's contract clause

Nigerians do not want to be reminded of the spiritual side of any issue

Any wonder, that Nigeria's politicians, steal without any itching from their conscience

Where a spiritual perspective on the NFF despoilation of Amodu's reward, would come as a surprise; would you then be surprised that Nigeria is one big lagging behind country, where the biggest thieves are celebrated ? Kidnappers and armed robbers rule the terrain ? Police men are brazen and audacious day time armed robbers ? IBB wants to return, even with the Okigbo Commission Report regarding the unaccounted for $12.8 billion Gulf Oil Widfall ? Money growing wings in the NFF secretariat ? etc etc etc.

It is proper to remind Nigerians of the spiritul dimension vis a vis regular and mundane perspective on issues

My good friend, it is proper, once in a while, to juxtapose the holy scriptures with regular soccer debates

Nigerians need more of God, especially those folks at the NFF

Make you nor fear, just dey study and enjoy the scriptures wey I dey balance everybody for this thread :biggrin::lol:

Cheers

Vade Mecum
Jun 28, 2010, 08:14 PM
[QUOTE]Vade Mecum, the old age adage says that, 'A team is only as good as its coach'. Elsewher in the world of football, the Manager is the one in charge, and he lives and dies by his results. In Nigeria, we vituperate over silly little things to justify our opinions. the fact is Siasia is being clamour for today to take the helms of affairs with 'THE ORDINARY EAGLES', so too Keshi. Had Amodu done pretty much as well as our expectations dictated, then he would have taken 'the ordinary Eagles' to the world cup in South Africa'. I would have loved for Amodu to thave taken them to South Africa as an indigenous manager, but all through the qualifyers he showed he was out of his depth. Unfortunately the NFF acted TOO LATE. Had the change of guard been done earlier, say at the end of the first round of qualifying, perhaps things would not have been this bad.

A rope is as strong as it's weakest point.

The materials available today for whoever is appointed Nigeria's national soccer coach to pick from, are merely average soccer talents. Gone are the days of the Humphrey Edobors, Bright Omokaros, Sunday Eboigbe, Sam Ojebode, Yisa Sofoluwe, Segun Odegbami, Jesus Oyoms, Etim Esin, Tarila Okorawanta, Deinde Akinlotan, Samson Sia Sia, Humphrey Nwosu, Alloysius Atuegbu, Okey Isima, etc etc.

The genre of the soccer whiz kids that constituted the Westerhorf Super Eagles team, are not into soccer anymore. I am talking about the Amunekes, Olisehs, Uche Okechukwus, Chidi Nwanus, Mutiu Adepojus et al.

Many Nigerian soccer whiz kids are now in Europe, the Americas, Asia and Australia seeking a better life

The most gifted Nigerian soccer artists of the future, can only be discovered, if the NFF put in place a program that will help discover such budding talents

Today's NFF folks are only interested in the cosmetics, prestige, financial honorarium and petty power oppression of lesser mortal coaches in their parochial modus operandi as NFF bosses

Past NFA officials discovered the great footballers that made Nigeria globally great in soccer

In today's NFF, money develops wings and fly out the Glass House windows

God bless the Anthony Ikhazobors and the Samson Emekah Omeruahs et al, who knew what the NFA was all about.

It was not Amodu's job to convert average players into soccer geniuses

If that was possible, Lagarback would have delivered

Indeed the 'old farts' at NFF have to share as much of the blame as the playing staff and the management team. NFF administrators lack ingenuity, foresightedness, and desiciveness to really turn things around in our football development. For years they have been clamouring for the upgrade of our league stadia to no avail. What training programmes are in place for the development of local coaches? What incemntives are availble for local coaches, local football professionals, Age - group talents and other budding footballers? NONE. We need to recognise that we are deeply mired in our old unproductive ways of administering football, and so while we stagnate, other countries pass us by. The problem isn't with Lagerback, rather it is with his employers.

Thank you for your honest and sincere observation

By any standards, Lagerback is a good coach. Westerhoff was employed by Nigeria in the 80s without half the achievements that Lagerback had on his CV. Westerhoff did modestly well with the National team having been in charge for up to eight years. Lagerback has only had real contact with bthe team three weeks prior to a world cup, and another two weeks during the competition proper. We expected miracles from Lagerback, but i watched the press conference when he was unveiled to the Nigerian public. Nowhere on his CV or in his utterances did he claim to be a miracle worker. The NFF were the once who promised that we would reach the semi finlas. They are the ones who should be held accountable.

Na this kind post dey make me quote Bible

Who cares about Lagarback's past achievements in Sweden

Ibo man talk say, I been get money before, nor be money :biggrin::lol:

Nigeria paid dude to deliver, and dude failed to deliver.

Westerhorf delivered because he had 8 years and Admiral Aikhomu was behind him solidly. Skippo Keshi was totally faithful to him and never betrayed him, like Kanu and Odemwingie verbally ran loose on Amodu, who even made the spoilt brat Odemwingie a regular in his team

Amodu had no government encouragement. The presidency authorised the PTF to get a new coach.

And they gat a new coach.

While Amodu was preparing his team to trade tackles with the Ghanaian team at the CAF/ANC, the NFF decided to humiliate Amodu by conducting a search for a new Super Eagles team, right before Amodu. How many coaches could have delivered under such humiliating and degrading scenario ? Yet we all expected Amodu to rise to the occassion and deliver inspite of that depressing embarrassment in Angola

Even the new coach, that was finally appointed, ratified Amodu's selection, by picking Amodu's very team.

Then again, the new coach had little time to understand the psychology, mental disposition, emotional balance, tactical flexibility, et al, of Amodu's team

The consequence is that Nigeria is now out of the World Cup, albeit, prematurely.

Abeg bring my Bible, make I quote someteeeen jor: biggrin::lol:....

So Sue Me
Jun 28, 2010, 09:14 PM
While we praise Ghana and her team at this World Cup, we should remember that it was an indigenous coach that discovered these boys and groomed them into a world winning U20 team before the Serbian took over most of the boys for the World Cup.

Haba, Mikky jaga, have you forgotten that West African Negroes are cursed with colo-mentality? Where else do you find people whose leaders are treated like houseboys and yet grin like goats while indignity after indignity is heaped on them? Now that the mental slaves who supported that corrupt pretender, Lagerback, have been exposed for the slaves that they are, they are trying to cover their yanshes by sugesting that Steven Keshi or Siasia take over the position of eagles coach. That is how useless they are. They want their fellow countrymen to come and eat leftovers after their oyinbo saviour has consumed the tasty bits and deposited the bones in the trash.

Providence will continue to punish us for selling out our own. Now we have demonstrated conclusively to oyinbo that we value them more than we value ourselves. All the mental slaves on this forum and all over Nigeria who were insulting Amodu, and who have now scurried off to hide like cockroaches do when they see like, would be selling other black people into slavery if the opportunity were to present itself. They have the mark on them. Look at Japan, look at South Korea, look at U.S.A. They all used indigenous coaches, and they all made it into the second round. Zico, the Brazilian great used to be the Japanese coach and Japan never looked as good as they do now when Zico was in charge.

There are things that are more important than common football - like self respect for instance. And we sacrified all that to sell out our fellow man who toiled to qualify his country for the world cup and win bronze in the Arican cup. Ghana defeated Nigeria, sure, but they have defeated two countries so far in this world cup, and, as Dapxin pointed, look good enough to go all the way. So it took a very good team to defeat Amodu. All you mental slaves can continue eating Oyinbo's **** like the slaves you are.

Up up Amodu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vade Mecum
Jun 29, 2010, 12:34 AM
Ready to rumble! Bio writes FIFA to stop $8 million World Cup largesse to NFA

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/jun/28/313.html

By Tony Ubani : Monday, June 28, 2010

The Nigerian football scene is set to rumble after the Eagles went out through the back doors in the on-going World Cup in South Africa. The fight, though, would not be to save Nigerian football. It is a war of who controls the money that accrues from the World Cup and paid by world soccer-controlling body, FIFA.

Sports Vanguard scooped from FIFA that Nigeria's Sports Minister and Chairman of the National Sports Commission, Isa Bio, had written to FIFA to with-hold the money meant for Nigeria for her participation in the World Cup. Nigeria, like other countries that qualified for the World Cup, are entitled to $8 million.

The players who played in the World Cup are entitled to 25% of the money. A copy of the letter was personally signed by the Minister and given to FIFA. According to Bio, he urged FIFA to with-hold the money until after the election into the board of the Nigeria Football Association.

Part of the Letter reads thus:

The Nigerian Government is aware that funds are made available by FIFA to all participating countries in a World Cup year.

2. In accordance with FIFA's principle of transparency and accountability, I hereby request you to with-hold any funds due to the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) from FIFA until after the elections into the Board of the Federation, which comes up in Augus this year.

3. Undoubtedly, the new board shall more appropriately deploy such funds in the interest of development of the game and without prejudice to the commitment of the outgoing board in respect of the 2010 World Cup.

4. Mr President, on behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria, I congratulate you for the succesful organisation of the first FIFA World Cup in Africa.

The letter which was addressed to President of FIFA, Joseph Sepp Blatter was signed by Rt. Hon. Ibrahim Isa Bio, Honourable Minister of Sports/Chairman, National Sports Commission.

Auspicious
Jun 29, 2010, 04:34 AM
Ready to rumble! Bio writes FIFA to stop $8 million World Cup largesse to NFA

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/jun/28/313.html

By Tony Ubani : Monday, June 28, 2010

The Nigerian football scene is set to rumble after the Eagles went out through the back doors in the on-going World Cup in South Africa. The fight, though, would not be to save Nigerian football. It is a war of who controls the money that accrues from the World Cup and paid by world soccer-controlling body, FIFA.

Sports Vanguard scooped from FIFA that Nigeria's Sports Minister and Chairman of the National Sports Commission, Isa Bio, had written to FIFA to with-hold the money meant for Nigeria for her participation in the World Cup. Nigeria, like other countries that qualified for the World Cup, are entitled to $8 million.

The players who played in the World Cup are entitled to 25% of the money. A copy of the letter was personally signed by the Minister and given to FIFA. According to Bio, he urged FIFA to with-hold the money until after the election into the board of the Nigeria Football Association.

Part of the Letter reads thus:

The Nigerian Government is aware that funds are made available by FIFA to all participating countries in a World Cup year.

2. In accordance with FIFA's principle of transparency and accountability, I hereby request you to with-hold any funds due to the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) from FIFA until after the elections into the Board of the Federation, which comes up in Augus this year.

3. Undoubtedly, the new board shall more appropriately deploy such funds in the interest of development of the game and without prejudice to the commitment of the outgoing board in respect of the 2010 World Cup.

4. Mr President, on behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria, I congratulate you for the succesful organisation of the first FIFA World Cup in Africa.

The letter which was addressed to President of FIFA, Joseph Sepp Blatter was signed by Rt. Hon. Ibrahim Isa Bio, Honourable Minister of Sports/Chairman, National Sports Commission.

No biblical verses to accompany this news item?

Come ooooooooooon, there's gotta be one, ke!

Here, lemme try:

After David killed Goliath, Saul made David his special assistant, and as David succeeded in everything he did, Saul grew extremely jealous. Saul became possessed by an evil spirit, went into fits of anger and tried to kill David several times. He even threw a spear at his own son Jonathan, who had become David's close friend.

After Samuel died, the Philistines invaded Israelite territory and gathered forces at Shunem. Saul had a foreboding of his fate, and as he did not have Samuel to ask God for advice, he traveled to En Dor to consult a witch about the outcome of the battle. The result of the seance confirmed his worst fears, he was told that the entire Israel army would be routed by the Philistines, and that he and his three sons would be killed.

The Israelite army had no chariots and could not withstand the assault of the heavy Philistine weaponry. On Mount Gilboa, Saul and his three sons were killed. Their bodies were brought to Jabesh where they were cremated. David after learning of Saul's death, moved to Hebron and was crowned king of the Judean confederacy.

The story of Saul is found in 1 Samuel, chapters 9-31.

In the New Testament, there is a man named Paul, also known as Saul, who was born in Tarsus of Cilcia in Asia Minor. His family was of the line of Benjamin. He grew up in Jerusalem and studied Jewish tradition under the elder Gamaliel, becoming a zealous Pharisee. Paul was at first an active opponent of the Christian movement. He took care of the cloaks of those who threw stones at Stephen (Acts 7:58, 22:20).

On his way to Damascus to persecute Christian believers, he was stopped by a blinding light, and a voice that said, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute Me?" Paul asked, "who are You Lord?" The reply came, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. But get up and enter the city, and you will be told what you are to do." Paul then converted to Christianity. And his zeal to persecute the early Christians was re-channeled into preaching the Gospel.

Paul made three missionary journeys around Asia Minor, Macedonia and Achaia. He is the author of thirteen New Testament letters - Romans, 1 and 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 and 2 Thessalonians, 1 and 2 Timothy, Titus, and Philemon. It is also possible he might have wrote Hebrews. With the exception of Romans, all of Paul's letters were written to churches or individuals whom he knew personally.

The focus of Paul's writings is Jesus, through whom God has effected redemption for all people regardless of ethnic or social background.

Paul was thrown into prison, whipped, stoned, punched, and shipwrecked many times, but never gave up his preaching of Christ. He might have been the most zealous and hardest working Apostle of all time. It is believed that Paul was beheaded in Rome under Nero in about AD 67.
--

omaks
Jun 29, 2010, 08:32 AM
Amodu had no government encouragement. The presidency authorised the PTF to get a new coach.

And they gat a new coach.

While Amodu was preparing his team to trade tackles with the Ghanaian team at the CAF/ANC, the NFF decided to humiliate Amodu by conducting a search for a new Super Eagles team, right before Amodu. How many coaches could have delivered under such humiliating and degrading scenario ? Yet we all expected Amodu to rise to the occassion and deliver inspite of that depressing embarrassment in Angola

Even the new coach, that was finally appointed, ratified Amodu's selection, by picking Amodu's very team.

Then again, the new coach had little time to understand the psychology, mental disposition, emotional balance, tactical flexibility, et al, of Amodu's team

The consequence is that Nigeria is now out of the World Cup, albeit, prematurely.

Abeg bring my Bible, make I quote someteeeen jor: biggrin::lol:....

How many other coaches in nigeria got the type of opportunity Amodu had (4 TIMES OVER)? Every opportunity was given to Amodu to excel at the highest level, but his display on the pitch was abysmal. He got the necessary results ok, but it was clear for all to see that the wholesome display could not continue. 4 times is enough for any manager worth hs salt to rectify mistakes, adopt new methods and improve on performance. Amodu was one dimensional. He knew only one trick, one way, and there was only so far he could have taken us. Yes he qualified Nigeria for two world cups. Yes, he won two bronze medals at African nations cup tournaments. That's all we could hope for from Amodu.

The Brazilians are usually critical of their team even in success, and i suppose it's the same with Nigerians. We want to win, but we want to win well. Personally, i think local coaches should take charge of our national teams, but they should be provided with the necessary training opportunities. Instead of recruiting Foreign coaches for our national teams, why not get coaching courses organised where all league coaches are mandated to go through such training and acquire some sort of certificate of competence or BADGES. That way, we know they have the requisite training.

Amodu is not the messiah to our football woes, and people should not keep on harping about Amodu. He's done his bit, Nigerians appreiciate his efforts and we need to move on.

Mikky jaga
Jun 29, 2010, 11:29 AM
The Brazilians are usually critical of their team even in success, and i suppose it's the same with Nigerians. We want to win, but we want to win well.

Yeah! What the Brazillians would not do is to drop Dunga after he qualified them for the World Cup because they do not like his style of play and pick a Lagerbeer to replace him.

No Brazilian flair? No problem for Dunga

By Dan Wetzel, Yahoo!

JOHANNESBURG – The coach of Brazil is "Dunga." That's it, just Dunga. If there was ever the epitome of the Brazilian soccer culture, it's that even their coach goes by a single name. Carlos Caetano Bledorn "Dunga" Verri was first a player too, of course. He captained the 1994 World Cup winning Brazilian team. Past glory and one-name recognition isn't helping him much though as he continues to deal with one of the most unusual coaching criticism campaigns ever.

Brazil downs Chile

Brazil is unbeaten and headed to the quarterfinals of the World Cup after taking Chile out behind the woodshed here 3-0 Monday night. Yet Dunga still faces an army of skeptics who are more interested in how Brazil wins, not just that it wins.

Upon being named national coach in 2006, Dunga installed a defensive-minded, counter-attack style that ran counter to the Brazilians' famed flair, freedom and offensive fireworks. It hasn't been met with much enthusiasm among some fans, media and former players, even as the team keeps winning international tournaments (Copa America and Confederations Cup).

"Today's Brazilian footballing style is an affront to our culture," said former star Socrates, a one-namer himself.
That's just part of Dunga's popularity problems. While he captained that Cup champion in '94, he was never the flashy hero of other one-name stars such Pele, Garrincha, Zizinho, Ronaldinho and now Kaka. His style of play was tough and physical.
Besides, Dunga is Portuguese for "dopey," a nickname he acquired as a kid in reference to the dwarf of Snow White fame. And "Dunga" doesn't really roll off the tongue like Ronaldo does.

Leading into this World Cup, dopey was about the nicest thing Dunga was called. It may be time for the critics to go quiet because this so-called affront to the Brazilian culture is marching onto a heavyweight quarterfinal match with the Netherlands on Friday.
Brazil dominated all over the field Monday. The Selecao suffocated the Chilean offense and made brilliant offensive plays when the time was right.

Eighteen days into the World Cup and Brazil is still a favorite.
"Everybody expresses their own preferences," Dunga said of the critics. "I like winning."
He has never been known to change course due to other opinions. He feuded with the Brazilian media throughout his playing days and that relationship has only deteriorated since he became the coach. Then there were the fans, who almost always favor the spectacular and revel in the nation's tradition of breathtaking open-field play. Brazil has always been about offense, offense, offense. It has the deepest pool of talent in which to select a team. Its players pride themselves on creativity.

Dunga decided to take all of that and harness it into a disciplined, balanced game plan. On Monday, it was one reason why the Chileans kept getting bottled up and had their true scoring chances kept to a minimum (15 shots, only three on goal). Chile looked defeated the moment Brazil scored first in the 35th minute. Offensively, Brazil may not have opened the game up, but its playmaking ability was clear. The Brazilians' second goal, where Kaka's ability to control a hard cross and, with one touch, softly and precisely pass it up to Luis Fabiano, was a celebration of Brazilian culture, not an affront.

"Brazil was able to have balance and control," Dunga said, explaining a triumph so easy he was able to rest his star forwards late.
It may not be enough for the cackling, grandstanding old stars who have been predicting doom for months.
"I am very worried they will have difficulty getting past the opening phase," Socrates said and here's hoping he didn't lose any sleep over it.
"I am not confident in this group because our national team do not play Brazilian football," said Carlos Alberto, the captain of the 1970 team, which is recognized as the greatest soccer team ever. (Still, They won't disgrace Dunga out since he is getting results)"I'm talking about movement and use of the ball. We have good defenders, but the midfielders: if you ask Brazilian kids, who are our midfielders, they shrug their shoulders."
So Dunga shrugs his shoulders. "We all have our opinions," he said last week.

He sits still at press conferences, fiddling with the microphone or examining his nails. He acknowledges the stakes – "my greatest challenge." He reminds of the importance of confidence, of having a plan to execute rather than gambling that talent will win out.
"The most important thing is to sleep easily at night and to take the decisions that are best for the team," Dunga said.
In the end this entire debate will come down to results. Brazil has five World Cups. It clearly has the talent to win a sixth. Just about anything less, no matter how aesthetically pleasing the style of play, would've been considered a failure.
And this supposedly slow-paced affront to the Brazilian culture, should it produce a golden trophy next month, will set off parties in the streets of Sao Paulo no matter how it gets done.

The critics aren't letting up, though. Neither is Dunga. Someone is going to be proven right and thus far, the odds look in the favor of the one-name coach.

Mikky jaga
Jun 29, 2010, 01:40 PM
Only Nigeria glorifies a failed coach and even begs him to come back. Those claiming Lagerback improved the team are living in stone age. What people that know are looking for is result and a coach that cannot get result has gotten nothing.

Alan Shearer on England

Highlights - Germany 4-1 England

By Alan Shearer
Former England captain and BBC Sport pundit

When you are an England player and you are knocked out of a major tournament, you want to bury your head in the sand.

After England lost to Argentina at the 1998 World Cup, it hurt a lot. I went away and tried to forget about football for a few weeks.

As a player, that is what you do, you escape for a while. Then it is back to reality when you return to your club for the new season.

The future is a lot less certain for England coach Fabio Capello after such a dire World Cup.

His side have flown home after failing to beat the United States and Algeria, scraping by Slovenia and taking a battering off Germany.

Huge mistakes have been made along the way. If you just look at the German game, then I don't think I have seen such a bad England performance in a very long time, if ever.

Where next for England? Well, I would be very surprised if Capello is still in charge for their next game, which is a friendly against Hungary on 11 August.

Right now, I don't expect him to just walk out but he has basically been told his position is in doubt by the Football Association, who say they will decide in the next two weeks whether they want him to stay on.

Should he go? Well, before the World Cup he said he would be disappointed if England did not get to the final. They fell a long way short of that.

The majority of the blame has to lie with Capello. He is the one who picks the team, decides the tactics, tries to motivate the players and get the best out of them. As we have seen, he got things wrong.

The players do not escape scot-free because they have not performed as we know they can but, ultimately, the manager answers for results and performances.

How do I feel about it? My overriding feeling is one of regret. I had such high hopes for us before the tournament.

There are always 'what ifs'. If the United States had not scored in the last minute of their game against Algeria, we would have topped our group and played Ghana instead of Germany.
England's World Cup dream is over

England's World Cup dream is over

And we can point to the goal that Frank Lampard scored when we were 2-1 down against the Germans. It was an appalling decision not to give it.

But we got what we deserved. We did not deserve to go any further in the World Cup. Everybody has to face up to it, including the players.

Unfortunately for them, not many of them can hold their heads up high and say they had a good tournament. In fact, probably only goalkeeper David James comes out of it with any credit.

For me, the biggest disappointment was Wayne Rooney, who has had a really poor tournament by his own high standards. Everybody, including me, expected so much from him but he has not performed anywhere near the level we know he can.

It is not just Rooney, though. You could go through the whole squad and say the same about everyone from John Terry to Frank Lampard.

Underachievement is the theme of the tournament from England's point of view.

If we did not know how good they can be, we might think that our players are not up to it but I think they are.

Capello says the players are tired but they have simply not played for him. There has to be a reason for that.

They never looked comfortable and I get the impression they were not too happy. It was not a settled camp.

I am not in the inner circle so I do not know if that is definitely the case but I get the feeling we might find out more reasons why the 2010 World CUp was such a crushing disappointment for England.

Alan Shearer was talking to Chris Bevan in Cape Town.

Lalakokofefe
Jun 29, 2010, 02:31 PM
See as dem disgrace Yakubu finish .... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUrM0bvCeAM&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUrM0bvCeAM&feature=player_embedded

Ajibs
Jun 29, 2010, 03:24 PM
Lagerback Out, Siasia In?Click Here (http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201006282251890)

It looks like NFF are out of money and can't afford to hire Lagerback. For those who might be rejoicing at Lagerback's exit, it isn't because of his performance. The NFF is unable to meet his fee, and so he is not on their agenda at the moment. If the FG is willing to foot the bill, then the NFF seem interested in keeping him.

Now Siasia is primed to take over the Eagles if all indications are anything to go by. I'm sure those calling for Lagerback's head now will sooner, rather than later be doing the same to Siasia. Amodu was a recepient of the same treatment until Lagerback came in, and some began to vociferously speak through both side of their mouth in support for Amodu. We then wonder where Odemwinge learnt to 'Double speak'?

Well its high time that Samson Siasia is given a shot at the job. After Amodu was sacked I said as much that it was amazing that the useless NFF were not even considering him for the job. And honestly, I think it is a good idea that he did not get the job. Saisia seems like one who likes to build his team rather than just take a bunch of boys and make them magicians.

The fact is if you remove the age limitations, Samson Siasia is Nigeria's most accomplished coach. He wins competitions or goes to finals, not just qualifies his teams for competitions. He won the 2005 African Youth Championship, and got the finals of the World edition, to prove that he is no fluke, 3 years later, he got to the finals of the 2008 Olympics and won a silver medal. He won the maiden intercontinental Cup Championship as well.

You add this coaching achievements to those he also achieved as a player for both club and country and you get in Siasia and well rounded accomplished player and coach. It appears if given the necessary support he could become a true great Nigerian coach, and the "indigenous" person we have been looking for to deliver a string of good results. Having played at the highest level both at home and abroad he will understand how to deal with our players both domestic and in the foreign leagues.

But it may be a challenge for him to replicate his success with the senior team when they now play more for money than pride, but having been there and done that, I think he will know how to handle the players and bring out the best in them. Finally he was part of the accomplished USA 94 and victorious ANC team. This is the team that almost every Nigerian player looks up to as the benchmark for success, so he should have no problems earning the respect of his players. My last critic is I hope he gets some coaching credentials so that he can be at par with even his European counterparts.

Keshi and Eguavon would also be good candidates, but they just to do not have the success credentials that Siasia has and I think it would be a BIG mistake to have either of them pair with Siasia. Two captains cannot pilot a ship. What I find ironic is that during his playing days he was not a captain or even vice captain, so to see him assume this leadership and coaching role and success of a great acheivement. I was fortunate to run into him at the Hilton in Abuja last year and he was a very quiet unassuming man, was in the bar with friends quietly enjoying himself, until of course the buzz went round and he was announced and recognized. he certainly was not acting like the typical Nigerian "Big man".

Finally, will he be given the freedom to put together the team he selects? And this is indeed the right time to bring in the new coach. And let them be fair to him. Amodu was given his chance he was appointed in 2008 and coached the team all the way till 2010 he had a full two years to build his team.

Siasia should be given an equally long period. He needs time to find new players, develop the younger ones like some of those he took to win Silver at the 2008 Olympics, test the team at the next ANC championships which is two years away. And then hopefully he wil have some good results and he will be able to take the team to the next WC in Brazil in 2014. I hope he is given the job, I hope he accepts the job and wish him best of luck. And then hopefully Mikky Jaja can let this Amodu dead horse to finally die and be buried :D

I am hopful and dreaming at the same time.

Ajibs
Jun 29, 2010, 03:30 PM
See as dem disgrace Yakubu finish .... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUrM0bvCeAM&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUrM0bvCeAM&feature=player_embedded

He sure as hell deserves it!!!!

Ajibs
Jun 29, 2010, 04:02 PM
As for the rest of the competition, I think things are shaping up nicely.

Ghana / Uruguay: I think Ghana has a very good chance of taking this game. My only problem with them is they seem to be shy of goals even when presented with the chance and this stage, if you do not put in as many as you can, you may pay dearly for it. If Ghana can step up, I certainly think they can win the game.

Germany / Argentina: This is the final before the final. Its a pity that the luck of the draw pitched these two against each other at this stage these are arguably the two best teams in the competition. but I think Argentina will prevail, I have been having serious trouble making a pick here.I keep swinging back and forth. But Argentina has not lost a game while Germany has. And i think Argentina has the firepower to break down even the stubborn German defense and to also come back from any goals they will concede.

Brazil / Netherlands: Of course Brazil will win this one. It may not be a goal fiesta, but they will win. I will say that I have seen the lapses in the Brazilian team. Chile would have scored one or two goals if they did not think that God had directed them to dribble all they way into the 18 and even past the goalkeeper sef! Netherlands only won due to the missed shots by Robert Vittek who had two point blank opportunisties to score and decided to go for Make me shine goalkeeper shots! (I used to be a keeper, you always loved those shots that allowed you to look like you were superman flying through the air walahi!!!)

Spain / Portugal: I see Spain winning this but not impressively. This team needs to start to shine and if there was any time to shine, the time is now. A team that boasts of Iniesta, David Villa, Torres, Xavi, Xabi Alonso and Picque, should not be struggling to win games, but nah so we see am. Take Christiano Ronaldo out of Portugal and what do you get? A good but not necessarily exceptional team.

Japan / Paraguay: Sorry jare, but whoever wins here good for them, next game they are out.

My last four teams are: Brazil, Argentina, Spain and do not laugh...Ghana.

Mikky jaga
Jun 29, 2010, 05:47 PM
As for the rest of the competition, I think things are shaping up nicely.

Ghana / Uruguay: I think Ghana has a very good chance of taking this game. My only problem with them is they seem to be shy of goals even when presented with the chance and this stage, if you do not put in as many as you can, you may pay dearly for it. If Ghana can step up, I certainly think they can win the game.

Germany / Argentina: This is the final before the final. Its a pity that the luck of the draw pitched these two against each other at this stage these are arguably the two best teams in the competition. but I think Argentina will prevail, I have been having serious trouble making a pick here.I keep swinging back and forth. But Argentina has not lost a game while Germany has. And i think Argentina has the firepower to break down even the stubborn German defense and to also come back from any goals they will concede.

Brazil / Netherlands: Of course Brazil will win this one. It may not be a goal fiesta, but they will win. I will say that I have seen the lapses in the Brazilian team. Chile would have scored one or two goals if they did not think that God had directed them to dribble all they way into the 18 and even past the goalkeeper sef! Netherlands only won due to the missed shots by Robert Vittek who had two point blank opportunisties to score and decided to go for Make me shine goalkeeper shots! (I used to be a keeper, you always loved those shots that allowed you to look like you were superman flying through the air walahi!!!)

Spain / Portugal: I see Spain winning this but not impressively. This team needs to start to shine and if there was any time to shine, the time is now. A team that boasts of Iniesta, David Villa, Torres, Xavi, Xabi Alonso and Picque, should not be struggling to win games, but nah so we see am. Take Christiano Ronaldo out of Portugal and what do you get? A good but not necessarily exceptional team.

Japan / Paraguay: Sorry jare, but whoever wins here good for them, next game they are out.

My last four teams are: Brazil, Argentina, Spain and do not laugh...Ghana.

Germany will beat Argentina. Argentina has reached the end of their World Cup. It is time Maradona takes his comical sidelines dancing home. He has tried sha. No one expected him to go this far. But against Germany, even Bolt cannot run against a well oiled machine - that is what those Germans are!!

Ajibs
Jun 29, 2010, 07:09 PM
Spain is almost camped in the Portugal half

Ajibs
Jun 29, 2010, 07:52 PM
Spain. Goooooooal!!!! Oya Ronaldo answer! Spain won. but still as I noted not a very impressive display from what is supposed to be an impressive team. A team that keeps Febragas and Pedro on the bench should have better goal tallies that 1-0. Well a few rest days and then UP GHANA!!!

Araba
Jun 30, 2010, 12:46 AM

Well, Sia-Sia should watch it. I think he should allow Lagerback qualify the Eagles for the 2014 Brazil Mundial and then take over on Jan.1 2014. There are enough lawyers to make that happen in the contract papers with the NFF (No Future Focus).

Mikky jaga
Jun 30, 2010, 09:19 AM
Sorry folks, Sia Sia is taking over nothing. After NFF put their heads together yesterday, the best they could come up with is to dash Lagerbeer more money for a five year contract. The PTF also promised to provide the funding.

Meanwhile our boys in the Local league are on strike because sign on fees and other allowances are not being paid. Where do we get fresh people to replace Yakubu when we kill local league? Maybe Lagerbeer will borrow us some Swedes orwe poach on Arsenal feeder team.

Mikky jaga
Jun 30, 2010, 09:24 AM
Nigeria mandate Lagerback to raise new team

Posted: 2010-06-30 06:55

Nigeria have mandated Lars Lagerback to raise a new Super Eagles team comprising of young players and home-grown talent.

The Executive Committee of the Nigeria Football Federation met in Abuja on Tuesday to review Nigeria's disastrous World Cup performance in which the Super Eagles finished bottom of their first round group with just one point from three games.

Among the decisions taken was that the Swede and his coaching staff were to "embark on a highly rigorous technical process of raising a new team to be dominated by the youth and home–grown talent."

An NFF statement after the meeting said that Lagerback was observing a two-week leave and his assistant Austin Eguavoen would take temporary charge of the team in his absence.

Lagerback's brief is to "develop a long–term and sustained training programme that will give the new team adequate exposure and confidence ahead of imminent qualifying competitions."

The NFF also went back on their decision to have two national teams, one comprised of players from the domestic league, and the other of predominantly foreign-based players.

"Henceforth, there will be only one Super Eagles, with no foreign–based or home–based appellations," the statement read.

Source: http://www.kickoff.com/news/16477/nigeria-mandate-lagerback-to-raise-new-team.php

Kenn
Jun 30, 2010, 10:47 AM

Brazil, Ghana, Spain and Germany.....

Yetty
Jun 30, 2010, 01:15 PM
Nigeria mandate Lagerback to raise new team

Posted: 2010-06-30 06:55

Nigeria have mandated Lars Lagerback to raise a new Super Eagles team comprising of young players and home-grown talent.

The Executive Committee of the Nigeria Football Federation met in Abuja on Tuesday to review Nigeria's disastrous World Cup performance in which the Super Eagles finished bottom of their first round group with just one point from three games.

Among the decisions taken was that the Swede and his coaching staff were to "embark on a highly rigorous technical process of raising a new team to be dominated by the youth and home–grown talent."

An NFF statement after the meeting said that Lagerback was observing a two-week leave and his assistant Austin Eguavoen would take temporary charge of the team in his absence.

Lagerback's brief is to "develop a long–term and sustained training programme that will give the new team adequate exposure and confidence ahead of imminent qualifying competitions."

The NFF also went back on their decision to have two national teams, one comprised of players from the domestic league, and the other of predominantly foreign-based players.

"Henceforth, there will be only one Super Eagles, with no foreign–based or home–based appellations," the statement read.

Source: http://www.kickoff.com/news/16477/nigeria-mandate-lagerback-to-raise-new-team.php

Were you really expecting a different decision from the African negroes? Honestly, for me, the real kicker is why these numbskulled negroes continue to tarry in begging the omniscient caucasians to return for another bout of colonization.

Auspicious
Jun 30, 2010, 01:34 PM
Were you really expecting a different decision from the African negroes? Honestly, for me, the real kicker is why these numbskulled negroes continue to tarry in begging the omniscient caucasians to return for another bout of colonization.

Well such is expected.

Afterall, negroes like you have deserted your homelands for greener pastures elsewhere where people take their affairs and well-being seriously enough to stay put and salvage their situation. It is from your greener pastures that negroes like you pontificate endlessly about what is wrong with your homelands, forgetting that the only reason why failure and backwardness persists out there is because every one of you is ready to desert these homelands at the drop of a hat, leaving the dregs of the society to run the show back home.

These homelands are blessed in every way possible. There is absolutely no reason why there should be any poverty, whether material or intellect-wise. But because selfish negroes like you and I only care about individual survival - because all we know and care about is that other place out there where we can survive without much ado - we simply get up and go, and return every now and then to peek-in with affectated condescension, bemoaning the reality that subsists when good people fail to take charge of their affairs.

The negro society shall remain forever backwards for as long as negroes like you exhibit these selfish traits, condescending talk and all. Worse still, negroes like you will remain second-class citizens in these your adopted societies, no matter how much you deny the reality. You will have all the education, the good cars, the big homes. But your homelands will forever be the standards by which you are judged. For at the end of the day, you're black; you're African, you're Nigerian. And the stigma follows you, day-in, day-out.
--

Dapxin
Jun 30, 2010, 02:08 PM

Only in Nigeria! Only in Abuja. Their 4-1-10 hasnt finished. How will an european 0l0d0 find youth and home grown, in a home he doesnt even know ?

A clear case of, once stupid, ever stupid. SHAME! capital shame! indeed.

Yetty
Jun 30, 2010, 02:13 PM
Well such is expected.

Afterall, negroes like you have deserted your homelands for greener pastures elsewhere where people take their affairs and well-being seriously enough to stay put and salvage their situation. It is from your greener pastures that negroes like you pontificate endlessly about what is wrong with your homelands, forgetting that the only reason why failure and backwardness persists out there is because every one of you is ready to desert these homelands at the drop of a hat, leaving the dregs of the society to run the show back home.

These homelands are blessed in every way possible. There is absolutely no reason why there should be any poverty, whether material or intellect-wise. But because selfish negroes like you and I only care about individual survival - because all we know and care about is that other place out there where we can survive without much ado - we simply get up and go, and return every now and then to peek-in with affectated condescension, bemoaning the reality that subsists when good people fail to take charge of their affairs.

The negro society shall remain forever backwards for as long as negroes like you exhibit these selfish traits, condescending talk and all. Worse still, negroes like you will remain second-class citizens in these your adopted societies, no matter how much you deny the reality. You will have all the education, the good cars, the big homes. But your homelands will forever be the standards by which you are judged. For at the end of the day, you're black; you're African, you're Nigerian. And the stigma follows you, day-in, day-out.
--

Much of what you've spouted is factual but I believe the emboldened statement is flawed and depicts the regressive outlook that has kept emigrants like yourself in their self-imposed mental gaol. The homeland of your forebears CANNOT forever be the standards by which you are judged. If that were to be the case, the likes of Tidjane Thiam would not be presiding over one of the world's biggest financial services group today. So open your eyes, negro, and get with the program. Unshackle yourself from your mental slavery and become the best you can be.

Ajibs
Jun 30, 2010, 02:39 PM

Brazil, Ghana, Spain and Germany.....

Kenn / Mikky Jaja,
I know it is going to be a tough game between Argentina and Germany. But I think The Argies may just be able to squeeze through on a scoreline like 3-2. I know Germany is resilient, but they are going to need to be in top form to stop the attacking power from Messi, Tevez, Higuain, Melito and others. Also as a young team, they might get over run from experienced players like Masherano and Veron. I do believe the Argies defense is suspect and can and will be caught napping. Also remember the Argies are seeking revenge for being kicked out by the Germans at the last WC.To be perfectly honest, I will be happy with whoever wins.

Furthermore on Germany though, would Hitler who refused to shake Jesse Owens hand not turn in his grave if he saw the current German team??? :D :D Is Germany really becoming an integrated country or have the just realized like the rest of the world to tap into the abundant talents regardless of their roots? Now I see they have Ghanaian, Tunisian, Brazilian, Turkish, Spanish and even a NIGERIAN in their team!!! Dennis Aogo Yikes!!!

Finally, can Nigeria please take a page for these countries books? The Ghanaian team is largely the team that won the world U-20 look how well they are doing. The German team has so many players from its U-21 squad! So yes NFF is on the right page for once asking that the team be rebuild using young players and also local talent, but dem go use real "youthful" boys or the usual fake suspects???

As for the NFF, Oh lawd now we will not rest from Mikky Jaja for the next 5 years...Oh lawdy lawdy...

Auspicious
Jun 30, 2010, 02:58 PM
Much of what you've spouted is factual but I believe the emboldened statement is flawed and depicts the regressive outlook that has kept emigrants like yourself in their self-imposed mental gaol. The homeland of your forebears CANNOT forever be the standards by which you are judged. If that were to be the case, the likes of Tidjane Thiam would not be presiding over one of the world's biggest financial services group today. So open your eyes, negro, and get with the program. Unshackle yourself from your mental slavery and become the best you can be.

I don't know about you and yours, but we don't "spout" where we come from - we speak. We don't reside in "mental gaols"either. But it might be the case with others who speak before they think, reeking with sickening condescension towards their fellow Africans, all from their adopted "home" in another man's land.

Good that you have "Tidjane Thiam" as your role model for personal success and mental liberation, thanks to his appointment (by his bosses?) to preside over one of the world's biggest financial organizations. I am sure, just like "Tidjane Thiam", you are comfortable in 'Utopia', free from worry about the homeland and its peoples.

Hey, good on you...negro! :lol:
--

Dapxin
Jun 30, 2010, 04:01 PM
meanwhille, this jonathan sef, showcasing his ???

Nigeria President Goodluck Jonathan has suspended the national soccer team from international competition for the next two years following their poor performance in the World Cup, a senior adviser said on Wednesday.

"Mr President has directed that Nigeria will withdraw from all international football competition for the next two years to enable Nigeria to reorganise its football," Ima Niboro, a special adviser to Goodluck Jonathan, told reporters.

"This directive became necessary following Nigeria's poor performance in the ongoing FIFA World Cup."

Nigeria were knocked out in the first round.

Back

I wonder if he's heard his NFA foot soldiers rewarded a FAIL with an elongated contract huh ?

omaks
Jun 30, 2010, 04:02 PM
I think someone is trying to play a prank on me, but just so it isn't could someone confirm to me that the FG has indeed disbamnded all the National teams, disolved the NFF and withdrawn our national teams from international tournaments for the next two years? Someone told me this a few minutes ago, and i have said it has to be the joke of the century.

CONFIRMED

Dapxin
Jun 30, 2010, 04:39 PM
why is it a joke ?

Mikky jaga
Jul 1, 2010, 07:25 AM
Blessed is Goodluck Jonathan for calling the FIFA bluff.

That NFF is a house of corruption. Nothing good can come out of it. As they were relying on FIFA's non interference rule to give themselves security in theircorrupt ways, Goodluck has shown FIFA he has a country to run and he will not run it according to FIFA rules.

Let the probe of NFF begin and let those thieves rot in jail if they cannot account for the money that had accrued to them since. If the sacrifice our people have to pay is non participation in international soccer for two years, so let it be. The next NFF will know they cannot hide under FIFA to toy with our National interest again.

Araba
Jul 1, 2010, 09:50 AM
Sticking my neck out there. Ouch!!!! Ok my predictions ( After consulting all the Oraclebilities, lol.)

Uruguay Vs. Ghana. I give it to Uruguay. The match statistics of the two teams stack up against the Ghanians. Whatever tactical line-up Ghana comes up against might be the clincher though. They attack more than the Uruguayans. However, watch out. All the Uruguayans need is one goal and its over.

Argentina Vs. Germany. Hmmmmm. This was a hard one. I tellya.( Missing Dewy alweaaady). But it is Diego Maradona's day on Saturday. The Argentines should beat the Germans marginally though. I've done my research on dis wan. And yes Argentina will scrape through to the Semis.

Brazil Vs. Netherlands. Believe it or not, Brazil is gonna find this game difficult. If they are not careful, the dutch will kick them out at this stage. The statistics so far stack up against the Dunga Boys. Why am I giving it to Brazil. Habit. (A bad thing). Nineteen Appearances against Nine for the Dutch, a better attacking side which might break the confidence of the Orange Boys early in the game.

And last but not the least, Spain Vs. Paraguay. This is Spain's clearly. Except Sopponna does something to the Spanish side, Paraguay has nothing on Spain. This is the best attacking side in the tournament so far, I mean the Spaniards.

So therefore, my Semi-Final line up is as follows:

Uruguay Vs. Brazil
Argentina Vs. Spain

Mikky jaga
Jul 1, 2010, 11:30 AM
As an aside. I need to know which church or juju house Amodu worships in. His pastor or priest must be powerful indeed. All those that have a hand in his humiliation are not getting away with it.

Odemwingie, a guy he brought to prominence was one of the first to say he was no good. He was brought back to earth at the World Cup.

Yakubu for whom Amodu endured scathing criticism for always inviting him had no single word of support for Amodu. All he talked about was he wanted to be the highest goal scorer. The whole world watched how good at goal scoring he was.

Ogunjobi that promised to sink or swim with Amodu - that Amodu would definitely take the Eagles to SA changed immediately he smelled the odor of Dollars. Now the report is out he is a man that had been declared unfit for any official position on account of financial impropriety.

NFF that dumped Amodu for Lagerbeer has been dissolved and many of her members may be on their way to jail.

Auspy that supported Lagerbeer against Amodu, now has his nemesis in Yetty.

Hallelujah.

Uwaa Sef
Jul 2, 2010, 02:50 PM
Ghana will beat Uruguay. Meanwhile (Brazil vs Holland), Dunga is being such an a*s*s hole in that technical area. He's asking for a send off.

Later

Auspicious
Jul 2, 2010, 03:52 PM
-

The Dutch Cruise to the Semis!

Yes, Yes, Yeeeeeeeeeeees!!!

Pride Goeth Before (a) Fall!

Bye-Bye Brazil..BYEEEEEEEEE!

Arrogant, temperamental bunch!

Me tired of the same old folks winning in soccer!
--

Auspicious
Jul 2, 2010, 04:01 PM
Auspy that supported Lagerbeer against Amodu, now has his nemesis in Yetty.

Hallelujah.

Hi, Mikky Jaga!

May your 'nemesis' never be at the instance of some random virtual personality. (Amen).
--

Mikky jaga
Jul 2, 2010, 04:02 PM
This is so unbelievable!! Brazil is gone!!

Well, Ghana will not make such mistakes.

It is time these South Americans are taught some soccer lessons.

Mikky jaga
Jul 2, 2010, 04:04 PM
Hi, Mikky Jaga!

May your 'nemesis' never be at the instance of some random virtual personality. (Amen).
--

Haba, wetin!! I just enjoyed una Negro exchanges and said I should chip in some word of encouragement now!!

Auspicious
Jul 2, 2010, 04:14 PM
Haba, wetin!! I just enjoyed una Negro exchanges and said I should chip in some word of encouragement now!!

Oh I am encouraged Mikky, so encouraged!
--

Lalakokofefe
Jul 2, 2010, 04:23 PM
Hmm... wasn't long ago that someone was saying winning a match is all that matters... not pedigree...:D

Auspicious
Jul 2, 2010, 07:20 PM
-

Brilliant GHANA!!!!

Right @ half-time, Ghana belts a goal in!

And AFRICA erupts in one huge celebration!!!
--

Dapxin
Jul 2, 2010, 07:31 PM
goal!

first time seeing ghana play. and I am shocked! I am shocked! @how much they are able to move the ball....with so much
guile belief and dare!

Uruguay has their work cut out here, if they are to overcome Africa! go go ghana

smartomoge
Jul 2, 2010, 09:18 PM
Oh Ghana! My heart just broke into a thousand pieces!!!

DANG!!

Auspicious
Jul 2, 2010, 09:22 PM
-

I just shed a tear for Ghana.

Now I have a headache. God, why? WHY?!?

Why haven't you supported all the teams I routed for?

Okay, so maybe You supported Ghana, but they still lost anyways.

A sad (but valiant) exit. I am heart-broken, but nevertheless proud of Ghana.

tonsoyo
Jul 2, 2010, 09:29 PM
It is a conspiracy of man and fate against Ghana, they were deprived of many deserved penalty awards and when they were finally awarded a glaring one, they unbelievably lost it. They actually lost three penalty kicks in a space of ten minutes!

They should thank their "Stars" they are not from Nigeria.

I do not know where the god/goddess of Soccer came from, but he/she is definitely not African. They just messed up my "good Friday"

Nigeria on my mind
Jul 2, 2010, 09:53 PM
The Referee has the final say. He should have simply ruled the handball a goal and justified it by saying he saw the ball cross the line. Even if it didn't cross the line, morally the Referee would be in the right. And his decision would not have been overturned. You shouldn't be preventing legitimate goals with the hand in Football. FIFA should change the rules to automatically award a goal when a player parries the ball away from his own goal with his hand. What is it with south americans and handballs? Diego Maradona, now this.

Ghana deserved to win this. That ball was going into the net. They need to change that rule. Giving a player a red card is not enough. In this case it was particularly useless because the red card came in the last minute of extra time, when it could not have benefited Ghana. I am so mad and depressed. Ghana truly deserved to win this match. How on earth did Uruguay ever defeat South Africa by 3-0?

Odinaka
Jul 2, 2010, 10:01 PM
The Referee has the final say. He should have simply ruled the handball a goal and justified it by saying he saw the ball cross the line. Even if it didn't cross the line, morally the Referee would be in the right. And his decision would not have been overturned. You shouldn't be preventing legitimate goals with the hand in Football. FIFA should change the rules to automatically award a goal when a player parries the ball away from his own goal with his hand. What is it with south americans and handballs? Diego Maradona, now this.

Ghana deserved to win this. That ball was going into the net. They need to change that rule. Giving a player a red card is not enough. In this case it was particularly useless because the red card came in the last minute of extra time, when it could not have benefited Ghana. I am so mad and depressed. Ghana truly deserved to win this match. How on earth did Uruguay ever defeat South Africa by 3-0?

I feel your pain. The Uruguay player decided to take a gamble, and it paid off for them. It's particularly painful to see Ghana close to victory at the dying seconds of the game, and then everything turns upside down. The South Americans seem to love taking penalties. I hope the Netherlands teach Uruguay a lesson if they decide to wait for penalties instead of trying to win the game.

Auspicious
Jul 2, 2010, 10:02 PM
..How on earth did Uruguay ever defeat South Africa by 3-0?

But the answer is obvious:

South Africa isn't any match of Ghana's.
==

Auspicious
Jul 2, 2010, 10:07 PM
..I hope the Netherlands teach Uruguay a lesson if they decide to wait for penalties instead of trying to win the game.

Me Too!

And, by the way, I am for Europe for the rest of the Mundial.

Those South Americans can BURN IN HELL!!!

tonsoyo
Jul 2, 2010, 10:17 PM

I feel your pain here bro. But the rule is the rule, unlike Basketball, Football do not have goal tending rule. If the ball has not crossed the line for whatever reason, it is not a goal. There are times that I wish God should have made Toronto the capital of Nigeria, but if wishes were horses...

The Referee did what he was supposed to do, award a red card and a penalty kick. Ghana should have itself to blame for not been able to convert that goal when they were not under pressure. The time has already passed. they were not any goal down. I remember Rashidi Yekini today, that net would have cut into pieces.

Dapxin
Jul 3, 2010, 08:51 AM
I totally watched this game, at work, couldnt leave and tried to enjoy it the way I do every football match.

But, the cheer force of determination,
of the players,
their commitment to their cause,
even where it lacked clinicality,
It totally drained you with a lockdown.

That was how to play football....

But this game ?
It shows no mercy, or favour,
even if it is frail with errors,
the one thing that unifies all of us,
If only that handball didnt happen,
or the penalty kick was just an inch,
just in inch lowered....

In the end end, the Ghana boys won,
that youth, commitment, and dedication,
trumps,
bigmanism.
Useless Kaitaism spread around,
next door,
For that alone, I was proud,
even as I took the onward step
home, soaked in internal tears,
songs of which only football sings,
merciless, tunes of defeat,
at shootouts of pressure and dare,
penalty murder...

Dapxin
Jul 3, 2010, 08:56 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmm. this is football

It thrives on all of this cheer force of incomprehensible reality.

What if all that was in the ghana defense ? A south American board would have had a copy of your thinking somewhere and It wouldn't be right too.

Rules are Rules. You handball intentionally ( and I very much doubt how much of that was so - reflex is an oft underrated phenomenon ) in the goal area, Its a penalty, and if it was goal bound chance, you are red-carded at refs discretion.

The biggest certainty of Football is sometimes its total justicelessness; As In bad refcalls, tricky offsides and missed opportunities. Its fun (twisted poetic fun ) thats why it is what it is. Its mosdef not the rules....take heart

DeepThought
Jul 3, 2010, 09:32 AM
Dapxin,
Nice poem. I feel your pain too. But unfortunately, we all know that the only thing that matters in football as in life is that : - you win. Doesn't matter how , doesn't matter how at all at all.
Doesn't matter "how well" or "how badly" you played.
Doesn't matter many people you kick or how many fouls you commit. Doesn't matter how nasty you are. Or how nice.

Now Uruguay moves forward, doesn't matter how badly they played. Uruguay still moves forward,.

And Ghana doesn't. Doesn't matter how well they played. Doesn't matter a jot.

Its sad and we can all cry as much as we want. Even sef, I will join you and shed a tear or two too....

Dapxin
Jul 3, 2010, 09:40 AM
^
I know. Win! is all that matters....
moreso in football.
They sure had the biggest opportunity of all...
It sinks you if you think too hard.

Mikky jaga
Jul 3, 2010, 04:33 PM
As expected, Argentina is out. Lost by a scandalous 4 goals to nothing!!

Who can stop the German Machine?

Dapxin
Jul 3, 2010, 04:50 PM

I dont think anyone will stop them now.... How can they wreck Argentina like that ? Just looking up the headlines and I am just speechless.

Missed the match....wow!

Auspicious
Jul 3, 2010, 09:22 PM

I saw it too, Mikky.

And I was beyond myself with JOY!

I'd pay anything to see every one of these South American teams HUMBLED!

First was Brazil, and now..Ladies and Gents, Argentina! Muhehehehehehehehe!

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7edeOEuXdMU&hl=en_US&fs=1?rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></object>

Araba
Jul 4, 2010, 06:19 AM
I know the World Cup is not over. But for me a postscript is appropriate at this time.
Indigenous Coaches have moved to the last four with Paraguay been defeated by Spain. Argentina was a disappointment. Just did not expect the rout by Die Mannschaft. Ghana can raise its head. At least their ratings will improve. I hope though that the Ghanian FA will be able to get an Indigenous Coach, at least there is Sellas Tetteh and Yaw Oduro. And Yes, I am that parochial. If an indigene can do it why pay a foreigner. Particularly in a Sport that has so much to do with National Pride.

No more predictions for me though. Europe has again shown itself as masters of the game. Three Teams in the Semis (Compared to Thirteen out of the Thirty-Two Teams that started). African Nations need to study what Europe is doing right. And please don't tell me you need to import coaches that can do that. No. Ghana won the U-20 World Cup with an Indigenous Coach. Nigeria almost won the last Olympic Tournament with Samson Sia-Sia. I know Bonfrere Jo did the same in 1996. But this is 2010. Lets Progress.

Which brings me to the latest decision by The Nigerian Government to withdraw from International Soccer for the next Two Years. My only comment is that Jonathan is a truly jobless man. He obviously has nothing better to do. In more organised societies where people take responsibilities for their actions, individuals will be losing their jobs. Who is the Current Minister of Sports in Nigeria? Ibrahim Bio. My research tells me he is a Pharmacist, who was the Former Minister of Transportation. Only in Nigeria.

And there it is for me. Comments over.(Hopefully. I like to talk. Lol) You all enjoy the rest of the games that another more organised African Country is hosting (with no power outages so far, that I know of.)

P.S. Auspy thanks for the Thread.

Ishola Taiwo
Jul 4, 2010, 07:14 AM
The German FA has invested an annual €20m [£16.5m] earmarked for talent promotion in the widest sense of the word. At grassroots level, a nationwide network of 366 training centres has been set up, mostly using the infrastructure of local clubs with above-average facilities, where 14,000 youngsters aged 11-14 receive extra tuition by way of a weekly two-hour training session imparted by a DFB-appointed coach. This is in addition to the training they do with their respective clubs. It is more than likely that some of them will feature in the German national team eight years from now.

"Further up the line there are 46 club academies. Twenty-nine German further-education schools have been designated Elite Football Schools. Students receive a perfectly normal education, up to the Abitur granting university access, but also benefit from plenty of football as part of the curriculum.

"Finally we have made sure that all the DFB's junior national teams, from U15 onwards, benefit from basically the same level of support, the backroom staff including a sports psychologist, a physical fitness coach, as well as first-rate doctors and physios. An extensive database has been set up, allowing our coaches to access information – medical data, physical test results, performance analyses, personal characteristics – for every player. Obviously, the underlying purpose of all of this is that no player with good potential shall be allowed to slip through the net."

Over the 50 days Löw says Germany have been together a gamble on young talent has started to look like a gold-strike. "There was a lot of scepticism before the tournament and I kept reminding the doubters of the qualities the players have," he says. "I've had a scenario in my mind for months: this is the kind of football I want to play at the World Cup. We've been aiming for that. I didn't just want to impose some tactics on the players. Rather, this is what I wanted to do, and I selected the players around that.

"My players have to fulfil tasks. They have to be disciplined in their play. There is no straitjacket I impose on them but they have to work on the pitch within my tactics. They can't just do what they want. We have to be faithful to a particular tactical play but they've bought into it and it's been working.

"We can handle situations like this. It's not always just down to experience. I know what my players are worth, and I think we can beat Argentina even with such a young team." From youth and orchestration come not only power now but entertainment: the final German virtue.

Source (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/jul/02/world-cup-2010-germany-flair)

Mikky jaga
Jul 4, 2010, 04:13 PM
The German FA has invested an annual €20m [£16.5m] earmarked for talent promotion in the widest sense of the word. At grassroots level, a nationwide network of 366 training centres has been set up, mostly using the infrastructure of local clubs with above-average facilities, where 14,000 youngsters aged 11-14 receive extra tuition by way of a weekly two-hour training session imparted by a DFB-appointed coach. This is in addition to the training they do with their respective clubs. It is more than likely that some of them will feature in the German national team eight years from now.

That is in a country where the FA is interested in football development. Such money simply disappears in Nigeria. That isd why FIFA should not behave like IMF - prescribing the same medicine for every sickness. How much has the Nigerian FA invested in talent development?

If FIFA is interested in football development, they had better bend the rules a little to allow Nigeria chase out the blood sucking thieves in the glass house. Or they end up killing football in Nigeria because of some inconsequential fellows. The choice is theirs. Nigeria can survive without football.

antiobj2007
Jul 4, 2010, 05:41 PM
I hope with this new development GJ would rescind his decision!

Lulu, Ogunjobi impeached

July 4, 2010 03:36PM

Nigeria Football Federation president, Sani Lulu, alongside the vice president, Amanze Uchegbulam, and the technical committee chairman, Taiwo Ogunjobi, have been impeached from their positions and are most likely going to face criminal charges.

The decision to impeach the trio was taken at a meeting, still ongoing in Abuja, where issues bordering around the president's decision to ban the Super Eagles and dissolve the football federation board, are being discussed.

Meanwhile, Aminu Maigari and Obinna Ogba have been appointed as the acting president and vice president respectively.

Source:234next
Full story @ BBC

Nigeria on my mind
Jul 6, 2010, 08:43 PM
Uruguay has been eliminated from the world cup. Yipeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! Karma is a bitch, isn't it? That's what you get for playing without honor. No chance to stop the ball with the hands today, huh. FIFA really needs to change that rule. Awarding a penalty when an opposing player deliberately parries the ball away from his own goal is like a thief trying to lend you the money he stole from you. The goal was guaranteed to go into the net, but now you are telling me that I can try to put the ball into the net - only this time, I will have to beat the goalkeeper. This time the ball is not guaranteed to go in. You took a guarantee away from me and gave me only a decent chance. I'll rather have the guarantee.

Anyway, goodbye to the Uruguayans who cannot tell handball from football. Good to see them manhandled by the Dutch both physically and athletically.

Mikky jaga
Jul 7, 2010, 11:21 AM
Uruguay has been eliminated from the world cup. Yipeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! Karma is a bitch, isn't it? That's what you get for playing without honor. No chance to stop the ball with the hands today, huh. FIFA really needs to change that rule. Awarding a penalty when an opposing player deliberately parries the ball away from his own goal is like a thief trying to lend you the money he stole from you. The goal was guaranteed to go into the net, but now you are telling me that I can try to put the ball into the net - only this time, I will have to beat the goalkeeper. This time the ball is not guaranteed to go in. You took a guarantee away from me and gave me only a decent chance. I'll rather have the guarantee.

Anyway, goodbye to the Uruguayans who cannot tell handball from football. Good to see them manhandled by the Dutch both physically and athletically.

The pity is that if Ghana had passed those Urus, they may be the ones heading for the Final now. Those Netherlands did not appear like the team Ghana could not beat.

Well, that Serbian woulkd have claimed the credit rather than the Ghanaian that assembled and coached the boys to U20 WC win. Africa will not make history while depending on foreigners in all sectors of our lives. That is the lesson of this WC.

Nigeria on my mind
Jul 7, 2010, 01:10 PM
The pity is that if Ghana had passed those Urus, they may be the ones heading for the Final
now. Those Netherlands did not appear like the team Ghana could not beat.

Well, that Serbian woulkd have claimed the credit rather than the Ghanaian that assembled and coached the boys
to U20 WC win. Africa will not make history while depending on foreigners in all sectors of our lives. That is
the lesson of this WC.

You mean the same Serbian who got angry after Ghana defeated his country right? It is sad that we worship Oyinbo people so much that actions that that should offend us are simply brushed off. His show of displeasure at Ghana's victory clearly indicated that his heart was not with Ghana. How are we even sure his strategy for that match was not intended to make Ghana lose the match? Ah, but Ghanians will let it slide. You know how we be now.

Now even Goodluck Jonathan is backtracking from his decision to suspend the eagles. We don't realize that in underdeveloped countries like Nigeria, it is impossible for the government not to be involved in many institutions in the country. For once I wish Jonathan had stood his ground. Football is really not that important in the scheme of things afterall. Nigeria can survive without football as you already noted above.

Miliki Way
Jul 7, 2010, 08:12 PM
E gba mi oooo..... Germany is still down 1 goal with just about 5mins to go. Chei! this cannot happen. Mba o.... there is a lot of money on the table. Oya, quick quick, somebody/anybody, grab that damn psychic octopus and toss it on the grill (wia is denker?).

Miliki Way
Jul 7, 2010, 08:21 PM
O pari o!! It is finished!

Chei! Anyway, God dey.

Ajibs
Jul 7, 2010, 08:59 PM

Apparently, Spain. I am no longer predicting again!!! Imagine look how Spain made Germany look very ordinary. Spain almost taught Germany a football lesson if not for Pedro's foolishness. Germany paid the price for not playing Spain hard and tough. They allowed them to play their passing game too too much and then they paid in one moment of bad defending. Germany needed to play hard. There was not a yellow card in this game! Imagine!!! Spain just danced around the pitch as much as they wanted. They still try to walk the ball into the 18 via a series of fantastic touches. Though Germany kept them at bay, the German attack just did not get into the game. If am not mistaken, I do not think Germany had even up to 5 shots on goal for the whole game!!!!! This is same team that beat Argentina by 4 and England by 3 and Australia by 4! What happened!!!?

I will not take anything away from Spain, even though they have been winning by slim margins, their passing style of play apparently works for them and they stick to it. Their passing game actually is a delight to watch and honestly, they probably deserve to be in the final. And they have a solid defense in Pique and Puyol. We saw them hit Germany hard and fast from the start of the game.

In a way, I am happy that the final is going to make history. Both teams have never won the World Cup, so it will make history whoever wins. It should be a very interesting game. Netherlands remains the only unbeaten team in this competition and they have made it all the way to the final. Slide or dice it anyway, thats impressive. But Spain have proved that you do not need a basket full of goals to make it to the top.

Mikky jaga
Jul 8, 2010, 10:36 AM
By Jove! Germany overrated Spain and changed their attacking game to defence with quick breaks to grab a winner. It backfired badly.

I was watching a Germany that was afraid to venture out of their half for nearly the entire period. Well, maybe it was because Spain had beaten them in the European championship. Anyway, congratulations to Spain for proving bookmakers wrong. The odds were clearly against them.

Nigeria on my mind
Jul 8, 2010, 02:52 PM
You obviously need talent to win football matches, but, there is another ingredient that is often overlooked - confidence. The belief that you can win. Many teams simply win not necessarily because they are better than their opponents, but because they believe they can win. And some teams lose because they believe, due to their opponent's reputation or past accomplishments, that they cannot win. How many matches do elite teams like Brazil and Germany actually win with talent and how many do they win with their reputation?

In the match between Ivory Coast and Portugal, for instance, it was clear that Ivory Coast was the better team, and should easily have defeated Portugal. Could the Ivorians have denied themselves victory perhaps because they did not think they could defeat "almighty" Portugal? Was Brazil's proficiency at football, as opposed to Ivory Coast's, really as considerable as the 3-1 defeat of the latter by the former suggested? Was Brazil really good enough to defeat Chile by 3-0?

The match between Ghana and Uruguay illustrates this point powerfully. The Uruguayans dominated the first twenty or so minutes, after which the Ghanians slowly came alive, perhaps buoyed by the realization that, having failed to score so far, the Uruguayans were not as formidable as they had thought. After that the Ghanians were able to assert themselves, and dominate huge portions of the match, including extra time.

Football will become more and more equitable when teams engage their opponents without deference to reputation or past accomplishments. It has been apparent for some time now that Brazil is no longer the powerhouse that it once was. This is why I implore people to do what they are comfortable with, to do what works for them. Brazil was formidable when it played the beautiful, stylish, creative game. African teams will be able to compete better too when they start recruiting raw, hungry talent and give them the latitude to play with their natural passion. Spain with all its fancy passing looks anything but formidable. They know how to make all the passes except the one that penetrates the defense and creates a potent scoring opportunity. If you believe you can beat them and you have some skilled players on your team, Spain can be beaten.

All in all, I think the skill level in soccer has declined significantly, with the trend overwhelmingly moving away from individual ability and towards strategy. I think you have a better chance to make a team today if you play the way the coach wants, rather than if you have talent. I doubt if Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, George Best or our own Jay Jay Okocha, Odegbami or Amesiemeka could make a team today. They would be passed over for being too individualistic, too skilled, for playing with too much flair.

I miss the flair in soccer. I miss the nifty touches of the fall. I miss the traps with the side of the foot, the adventurous, exploratory forays by midfielders who would hang on to the ball for as long as was necessary to create an opportunity. I miss the dribbling, an art form that has all but become extinct in football. I miss the dribbling runs down the flank that produced mesmerizing crosses into the penalty area. I miss the quality corner kicks that were taken consistently. I miss that special quality football players of yore exuded when they only needed to trap the ball to let you know that you were looking at a football player. Many players in this world cup played like they were selected on the basis of their physical fitness, given a pair of boots and dispatched to play the greatest sport in the world.

Ajibs
Jul 11, 2010, 06:42 PM
Game on! This looks like it is going to be a very exciting game. In a way it is very fitting that these are two teams who have never reached the final before. There is a freshness to the game and a hunger by both teams.

Spain seems to be pegging Netherlands in their half.

Ajibs
Jul 11, 2010, 07:09 PM
The game is now more balanced. Too many yellows though. De Jong should have seen red.

First-lady
Jul 11, 2010, 07:45 PM
If this man gives one more yellow card,somebody should wound him.
I am not even an avid soccer fan yet these yellow cards are getting on my last nerve.
Gosh!

Ajibs
Jul 11, 2010, 07:51 PM
I know what is with bald head refs!??? Ah! Robben what a miss!

First-lady
Jul 11, 2010, 07:51 PM
All these near goals sef
somebaddy carry juju come this match?
I need more action jor
I know it's not helping with this balded eagle they have as a referee
The players are almost scared to tackle one another before he lands and flashes one of his things

Ajibs
Jul 11, 2010, 08:35 PM
Iniesta!!!!!!!! Why do you want to dribble into the goal!! Take your shot!!!!

Ajibs
Jul 11, 2010, 08:56 PM
Heitinga had that coming !

Ajibs
Jul 11, 2010, 08:58 PM
Finally!!!!!!! Iniesta gooooooooalllllll!!!!!

First-lady
Jul 11, 2010, 09:09 PM
It is finished!

First-lady
Jul 11, 2010, 09:10 PM
Looks like the referre was bought:lol::lol::lol:

NoLongThing
Jul 11, 2010, 10:52 PM
Much as my dear heart wanted the Dutch to win cos of the pain they have suffered for so long despite always providing us with the best football, my head said Spain. All in all sha, I will say the best team won the world cup. The Spanish were a credit to the true traditions of the game and have proven the pundits who tipped them for glory at this world cup- right. Viva Espano!!!!!!!!

NoLongThing
Jul 11, 2010, 11:23 PM
Perhaps this explains the inept performance of the SE - especially Yakubu's miss. Was it delibrate or is the whole world ganing up on us again??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/8805137.stm

Ajibs
Jul 12, 2010, 12:41 AM
The better side won. This was a great world cup, I am very happy there were no major negative incidents in South Africa. More lata

M. Akosa
Jul 12, 2010, 01:25 AM
Perhaps this explains the inept performance of the SE - especially Yakubu's miss. Was it delibrate or is the whole world ganing up on us again??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/8805137.stm

Thank you bros.

I am among those that are upset about the GJ's weakness to succumb to FIFA's bullying threats.
Why? As I strongly feel that the chicken eagles needs to be grounded for at least a minimum of 2 years. Hopefully after full investigations concluded on why they are under performing?

I feel that there is more to this problem.

As I don't just believe that the only demons worrying them is that of diet (amala, fufu and eba) alone, age or their aquired material wealth (paper money) that his preventing them from paying good attention to their coaches instructions and being rational (Kaita factor) in the field, is the only demons here.

Miliki Way
Jul 12, 2010, 03:31 AM
It was a boring world cup finals if you ask me although I wan't suprised that Spain won eventually. Afterall, the German oracle (paul the psychic octopus), whose predictions has been consistently spot on throughout the tournament, had predicted thats Spain was going to win. Speaking of which I wonder what would happen to the person who would eventually eat that octopus?

Miliki Way
Jul 12, 2010, 03:32 AM
Thank you bros.

I am among those that are upset about the GJ's weakness to succumb to FIFA's bullying threats.
Why? As I strongly feel that the chicken eagles needs to be grounded for at least a minimum of 2 years. Hopefully after full investigations concluded on why they are under performing?

I feel that there is more to this problem.

As I don't just believe that the only demons worrying them is that of diet (amala, fufu and eba) alone, age or their aquired material wealth (paper money) that his preventing them from paying good attention to their coaches instructions and being rational (Kaita factor) in the field, is the only demons here.

Bia o, MAkosa, is that you on your avatar?

Mikky jaga
Jul 12, 2010, 01:12 PM
I wonder what would happen to the person who would eventually eat that octopus?

The person becomes the next psychic now. If you can lay hands on the octopus, just send it to me right away!! Can't imagine how many millions I would have won in this WC by just predicting the winners of the matches.