Don't you worry, Mikky.

Get ready for a surprise ace performance from the Eagles. :p
--

Ajibs
Jun 19, 2010, 05:09 PM
Let me make Mikky Jaja and Uwa Sef Burst a vien...:D

Lulu, Odegbami happy to keep Lagerback

Posted: 2010-06-16 08:55

Segun Odegbami and Sani Lulu do not usually agree about much, but one thing both men are in agreement about, is that Lars Lagerback should stay on after his contract runs out next month.

The Swede signed a five-month deal which expires at the end of the World Cup, but has only chalked up one win in four games so far.

That has not prevented both men from giving him their vote of confidence, believing that he has brought improvements to the team that finished third at the African Nations Cup in early this year.

"We don't have an option, we have to trust him," Odegbami, a member of the Presidential Task Force which pays Lagerback's wages, told KickOffNigeria.com.

"If the team continues to show this kind of progress. If we are developing, going back to our attacking traditions and back to open play, then yes, we should stick with Lagerback."

NFF President Sani Lulu, who is Lagerback's direct employer, said he would be happy to keep the Swede.

"If I have the resources, I have no reason not to continue with his services," Lulu said. "What is important is the happiness of the players and you can see the joy in the faces of these boys. You can see their spirit of happiness. You can see them willing to go to the field of play and play in accordance to the instruction of the coaches.

"There is obviously an improvement. The man has done so much within this short time and I feel satisfied. And I feel he has exhibited true professionalism in the course of his work." - Kickoff Nigeria online

Mikky jaga
Jun 19, 2010, 05:34 PM
Let me make Mikky Jaja and Uwa Sef Burst a vien...:D

Odegbami was part of the PTF that armtwisted Lulu to fire Amodu and hire Lagerbeer. You think he would not support his failure of a coach?

But, that said, that comment was before the Greek debacle. You can try and interview them now and get their latest opinion.

Mikky jaga
Jun 19, 2010, 06:09 PM
The Chelsea WorldCup: Essien/Bosingwa/Mikel out. Drogba injured. Anelka expelled. Lampard awful. Terry stripped of capt'cy. J Cole on bench."

Maybe they over drank champagne for being local champion of English football this year. .

Mikky jaga
Jun 19, 2010, 06:16 PM
Don't you worry, Mikky.

Get ready for a surprise ace performance from the Eagles. :p
--

Blessed is he that expects nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Uwaa Sef
Jun 19, 2010, 06:21 PM
Let me make Mikky Jaja and Uwa Sef Burst a vien...:DBurst a vein? Why? Would you mind explaining? Hint: Don't get taken when people are trying to save their jobs by way of propaganda. These guys had already warmed the unsuspecting Nigerian population up to this propaganda earlier, by buying the hungry and corrupt press in Nigeria to publish some vomit about how improved Nigeria was/is in this tournament, and Kenn drew our attention to that contraption. Who is fooling who, and, oh, were they not the same guys who hired Lagerback to take the Super Eagles to the semi-final of this tourney?

Later

Auspicious
Jun 19, 2010, 06:22 PM

Blessed is he in whom Faith abounds, for he shall not worry nor gripe endlessly. :p
--

Dapxin
Jun 19, 2010, 06:25 PM
Blessed is he in whom Faith abounds, for he shall not worry nor gripe endlessly. :p
--

and they are both quoting from the new edition of the King James Quoran abi ?

:p

Confusion go breaki booney soon :p More beer jo somebodi

Auspicious
Jun 19, 2010, 06:28 PM
+

National Anthems..Cameroun and Denmark.

(Aside: The emblem of the Cameroun FA is better than Nigeria FA's.)
--

Ajibs
Jun 19, 2010, 06:41 PM
GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Finally Cameroon is waking up! That is a strikers finish. Let us hope they can keep up the good work. They are playing very well.

Auspicious
Jun 19, 2010, 06:53 PM
GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Finally Cameroon is waking up! That is a strikers finish. Let us hope they can keep up the good work. They are playing very well.

Very agile too.

I like their energy!

You can see they mean business.

No oh, I am NOT making comparisons oh! :lol:
--

Auspicious
Jun 19, 2010, 07:07 PM
Brilliant Equalizer from Denmark.
--

Ajibs
Jun 19, 2010, 07:10 PM
I have not looked at Cameroon much, but they have quite a good team and very experienced. Assio okoto, Alex Song, Bassong, Geremi, Emana and of course Eto'o. And thier team also has a good mix of the older experienced and the new. With very experienced guys like Mbia, Webo and that Calabar boy, Eyong

oh lord goalkeeper! You should have cut that cross out! Too easy an equalizer!

Ajibs
Jun 19, 2010, 07:15 PM
Oh no! Great block! Ah chineke goal post!!!yeeepah! That's the most exciting few minutes of the game!

Auspicious
Jun 19, 2010, 07:15 PM
Ooooooooh no!

Lions just do it already!!!
--

Auspicious
Jun 19, 2010, 07:17 PM
Half-Time..

The Lions are burning as much chances as they're creating them!
--

MsWoman
Jun 19, 2010, 07:17 PM
Disi people wan giff me hat-attack! I nor wash again! My first game and I am acting like someone wey wan die! I will rely on NAR and Auspi's comments. I am offing the TV as we speak!

Auspicious
Jun 19, 2010, 07:19 PM
LOL @ MsWoman.

You better on that TV back already.

If it's not LIVE, the fun can't be REAL.

Turn in back on I say! :D
--

MsWoman
Jun 19, 2010, 07:21 PM
Ani Auspi mi o le mi e (I nor get the heart). The tin wan killi me! There were so many close calls, a few minutes ago...........

Kenn
Jun 19, 2010, 07:22 PM
Okay, Kenn, I agree withj you.

Lagerbeer has done a very wonderful work helping us to squander $1.5m in 3 months. I think he deserves the GCFR award, yes, the one given to Jonathan recently.

Welldone Lagerbeer. The Eagles are now scoring goals freely. In fact, their attack is causing opponents to shiver. The defence nko, na no go area for attackers. You can see how the midfield always dominate any game they play that other countries now dread to face Nigeria.

In fact Lagerbeer, na you biko. After you na Kenn. But me I prefer a coach that gets results. Algeria got result, Ivory Coast got result, Ghana is leading her group, but Nigeria? No comment.

Don't attempt to use failed humour to hide your obvious lack of knowledge about football. You do not know your 4-4-3 from your 4-5-1, so don't even try! All you know about footall is "Amodu got results" and "Lagerbeer is the devil's child"! Stick with that, rather than attempt a discussion on midfield, attack or defence....

Auspicious
Jun 19, 2010, 07:23 PM
.. and that Calabar boy, Eyong..

Abi!

I saw that too.

Yes na Calabar boy jare.
--

Kenn
Jun 19, 2010, 07:28 PM
Odegbami was part of the PTF that armtwisted Lulu to fire Amodu....

Sharrraaap! Odegbami knows something about football; you don't!

Auspicious
Jun 19, 2010, 07:29 PM
Ani Auspi mi o le mi e (I nor get the heart). The tin wan killi me! There were so many close calls, a few minutes ago...........

LOL!

Breathe MsWoman, Breathe!

Inhale. Now Exhale. Now Inhale. Then Exhale.

Good, you're ready to go. Second-Half commences..NOW!

Godspeed, Cameroun! :clap:

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JulChDACcP4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></object>
--

Dapxin
Jun 19, 2010, 07:32 PM
That was an awesome 45mins of football madness - crazy mistake all over the place yet entertaining game...

The defending is crazily entertaining here :)

Dapxin
Jun 19, 2010, 07:33 PM
Sharrraaap! Odegbami knows something about football; you don't!

Jose mourinho knows probably much more than Amodu + LaggingBehind as a coach, yet he's never kicked a football professionally.

Logic up there == fail.

Auspicious
Jun 19, 2010, 07:39 PM
+

I think that shoulda been a penalty shot against the Danish.

Funny how the ref dint do the same to the Camerounians.
--

Ajibs
Jun 19, 2010, 07:41 PM
Dang! This game is ultra exciting due mainly to the foolishness of both defenses! MsWoman it is easier to just enjoy the game when it's no you playing if dis nah Naija i for don pafuka by now! De game sweet no bi small

Auspicious
Jun 19, 2010, 07:43 PM
+

Hehe!

Sorry oh, Oyibo head jam Coconut. :lol:

Dude almost had concussion while the Camerounian didn't even feel it.
--

MsWoman
Jun 19, 2010, 07:44 PM
Okay, am back! Nnnyeah right back alright but....(under the covers covering my head wit wrapper any time something close is about to happen).

MsWoman
Jun 19, 2010, 07:46 PM
+

Hehe!

Sorry oh, Oyibo head jam Coconut. :lol:

Dude almost had concussion while the Camerounian didn't even feel it.
--

you shoulda heard me bust out laughing when that happened! ajebota head jam coconut head! He-he-he-he!:razz:

MsWoman
Jun 19, 2010, 07:49 PM
@NAR:

Now you know why I was MIA for the 2 Naija games. My husband don warn me say hin nor go carry me go E.R. So I knew I was OMO (on my own).

Meeeeen, what the heck................! The Danish-es scored???? How can?

Ajibs
Jun 19, 2010, 07:50 PM
Ahh sayala! Webo ahhh yeeeepahhhhh oh ma gwad!!!! Dig dong Denmark don score ah all dat dancing in front to goal by webo emana and eto'o

Auspicious
Jun 19, 2010, 07:51 PM
+

Oh no Cameroun!!!!

Please, I want you more than Ghana!

I like to yap those Ghanians but I like y'all more.

Please, don't make me have to rout for the Ghanians, pleeease! :pray:

Ajibs
Jun 19, 2010, 07:54 PM
I wan die!!!!! This is the most ding dong football game I have watched in a lonnng time! Ohhhh Cameroon!!!! these Danes are just begging you to score!! Score nowwwww!!

I have not seen a team like the Danes that are just begging you to hammer dem

Auspicious
Jun 19, 2010, 07:59 PM
+

20 minutes to go..
--

Ajibs
Jun 19, 2010, 08:00 PM
Yeeeeepahhh!!!! Dis prople go make me loose my voice today!

Auspicious
Jun 19, 2010, 08:01 PM
Enter Mohammadu Idrissou..

He looks like someone I know in Shomolu, Lagos..:p
--

Dapxin
Jun 19, 2010, 08:03 PM
Camerouns team interplay is beautiful. But the players are technically unsharp.

Its a shame if they lose this game. they should / could have buried it hours ago.

Ajibs
Jun 19, 2010, 08:04 PM
Okay dis one don pass me. Abi God no wan make cameroon score?

Ajibs
Jun 19, 2010, 08:05 PM
I am telling you dem don vex baba god of soccer!

Dapxin
Jun 19, 2010, 08:06 PM
But where is the cameroun coach ?

Denmark is asking to be whipped here - who's brave enough to do the tactical shift ?

Auspicious
Jun 19, 2010, 08:07 PM
Aboubakar looks like my Sokoto friend. :p
--

Dapxin
Jun 19, 2010, 08:11 PM
what a shame; They cant score...will they ever ? :(

Ajibs
Jun 19, 2010, 08:13 PM
Okay if Cameroon are beaten and exit this competition it may pain me more than the super eagles. I mean with 11 men on the pitch and such a bad Danish defense and like 100 Clear chances to score??? WTF???? Yaaaapahhh!

Auspicious
Jun 19, 2010, 08:19 PM
90-Minute time-mark.

+3 MINS.
--

Ajibs
Jun 19, 2010, 08:19 PM
I swear to god there is a devil on the pitch pulling the pant of cameroon this is just unbelievable!

Dapxin
Jun 19, 2010, 08:22 PM
SHAME Cameroun couldnt score of all the 1000000+n chances they created.

They ran Denmark ragged! But football is about putting it in the back of the post. They did not.

F_A_N_T_A_S_T_I_C game of football tho.

omaks
Jun 19, 2010, 08:30 PM
The first team to exit the world cup in South Africa is CAMEROUN. Now does that make them the worst team so far? Definitely it does mean that Nigeria is not the worst team so far, and our Super Eagles do have a slight chance of making it to the next round. So let us rally round the Super Eagles for the game against South Korea on tuesday.

Auspicious
Jun 19, 2010, 08:46 PM
So let us rally round the Super Eagles for the game against South Korea on tuesday.

Frankly I wish Lagerback and the team would subject themselves to several laps round the pitch daily until Tuesday - drill them, slap them..whatever he needs to get done to make them sit-up and act-straight instead of jogging round the pitch like they had too much Eba to eat. Let them sweat it out a little, drive them to the very edge of the gates of hades if possible!

Maybe that will help loosen-up all those muscles giving them hamstrings or whatever they call it. They are just too lazy, IMO.
--

Auspicious
Jun 19, 2010, 08:48 PM
+

Cameroun is out of the contest today.

But who would watch them play and say they didn't try?

Very few, but you can't say the same for my home team at all.
--

Ajibs
Jun 19, 2010, 10:05 PM
@NAR:

Now you know why I was MIA for the 2 Naija games. My husband don warn me say hin nor go carry me go E.R. So I knew I was OMO (on my own).

Meeeeen, what the heck................! The Danish-es scored???? How can?

MsWoman,
No mind ya sweetie jare, man no filt laik soccer pass im madam...next game just have our numbers on speed dial, we go come if you halla! :lol:

Kenn
Jun 20, 2010, 12:56 AM
Jose mourinho knows probably much more than Amodu + LaggingBehind as a coach, yet he's never kicked a football professionally.

Logic up there == fail.

Then you know nothing about Jose Mourinho....

Dapxin
Jun 20, 2010, 04:38 PM
NewZealand == valiant Kings.

Getting a deserved draw against the age-ravaged always dodgy Italians. brilliant watch.

tonsoyo
Jun 20, 2010, 06:06 PM
This is Amodu's World Cup, no doubt. I have never seen where providence (for those that do not like God) determined to justify a mere mortal like in this Amodu's case.

Amodu had a task of beating Kenya to qualify for the World Cup. He did it. Some haters said it was Moz that did him the favour forgetting that if Amodu had not won, no matter by how much margin Moz beat Tunisia with, he would not qualify.

Now is the turn of Lagerback to win S. Korea and pray that Arg. beat Greece. Most of the people praying for that scenario were the ones that criticized Amodu's manner of qualification.

But as tomorrow will come after today, this Lagerbeer has reached the end of the road. He cannot rise to the occasion as Amodu did. (He still has the opportunity of doing it to prove me wrong). Still some revisionists insist this failed coach is better than Amodu without any evidence other than their bias.

Mikky,
I will be careful to compare Amodu with Largerback or Lagerbeer whichever you prefer, I think the latter sounds better, if I were you. Amodu was a dissapointment, period.

At this point it is too early to assess Lagerback's performance, but I think our playing style lack the aggressiveness of an ambitious team, I am yet to determine where to place the blame.

I am more concerned at this point what unsportsmanship attitude of Lagerbeer and how it may cost us. The refusal of Lagerbeer to have a handshake with Maradonna may turn out to be costly for us. What if Maradonna thinks it is payback time and decides to play a draw with Greece. Even if we beat South Korea, Argentina completely holds our fate in its hands! Stupid Lagerbeer!

Ajibs
Jun 20, 2010, 07:22 PM
Brazil up! But civ is not doing badly

Ajibs
Jun 20, 2010, 07:34 PM
By the way If you think Nigeria has issue how about France ? They may not even play their next game!

Ajibs
Jun 20, 2010, 07:41 PM
Haba! That's was babala handball twice in fact!!!! Come on now even the civ players did not notice. Where is Mikky Jaja that was praising the coach of civ? Ahhhh drogba come on!

Dapxin
Jun 20, 2010, 08:05 PM
I have just lost the entire faith I have in the entire sport we used to know as football.

This thing is officially a global f!cking charade! Its laughable. This is now WWVF Wrestlemania in its epic proportions. Its unreal.

Fabiano scores a goal from 2 handballs, and the refree is caught on camera laughing with him saying "I know you handled the ball with your hand" in one of the most awaited encounters of the whole tourney.

Gracious goodness, my folks have always argued how corrupt and so much of a show the whole thing is, and I agree now.

It would take me sometime but I m finding another sport from today. That was not a ref mistake, its a controlled fraud.

Ajibs
Jun 20, 2010, 08:12 PM
Great goal but too little too late.

Ajibs
Jun 20, 2010, 08:18 PM
Yes! Very poor behavior from brazil and Kaka. Good price to pay for all the fake diving.

Araba
Jun 21, 2010, 02:37 AM
By the way If you think Nigeria has issue how about France ? They may not even play their next game!

Methink say na Irish JouJou dey work on France. :smile: Lwkmd.:arrow:Les Miseables. (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704050804575318882708786288.html?m od=WSJ_latestheadlines)

Auspicious
Jun 21, 2010, 02:39 PM
+

Is it true, that North Korea beat Portugal 7-0?

Or my friend who called me this morning was playing a prank on me?
--

Auspicious
Jun 21, 2010, 02:41 PM
+

Oh, okay; it's the other way round.

Still, it's crazy! 7-Nil? What!
--

Lalakokofefe
Jun 21, 2010, 04:14 PM
Folks,

What is happening to the French team? They are falling apart...

French players in revolt after Anelka sent home

(CNN) -- France's World Cup squad boycotted training on Sunday in protest at the decision to send home star striker Nicolas Anelka. In a bizarre twist, coach Raymond Domenech had to read out a statement from the team to explain their decision.

"All players without exception want to declare their opposition to FFF (French Football Federation) decision to exclude Nicolas Anelka," he said. "For its part, the FFF has at no time tried to protect the group. "They made a decision without consulting all the players, only on the basis of the 'facts' reported by the press."

"Accordingly, and to mark their opposition to the highest level of French football, all players decided not to participate in the work-out."

Despite their refusal to train, the players added that they would "do everything individually and in a collective spirit so that France regains its honor against South Africa on Tuesday."

France must beat the hosts and hope the result of the other match in Group A between Mexico and Uruguay goes their way to have any chance of qualifying for the last 16. All players without exception want to declare their opposition to FFF decision to exclude Nicolas Anelka.

Anelka was substituted but reports of his tirade against Domenech were picked up by the media, prompting the French Football Federation to take the decision to send him home on Saturday.

Captain Patrice Evra was incensed by the leak, claiming there was a "traitor" in the French camp.

As the squad came on to the training ground at Knysna on Sunday, Domenech and Evra were still in discussion on the team bus. The pair eventually emerged, but Evra then became involved in a shouting match with fitness coach Robert Duverne, who reacted by angrily throwing down his official accreditation badge.

The squad, who said they only turned out to greet fans, promptly walked off and were joined by Domenech on the bus, after which he emerged to read out the statement.

To add to the chaos, a distraught France team director Jean-Louis Valentin publicly announced his resignation to the media. "Ask the players, they do not want to involve themselves any more. It's unacceptable," he told AFP.

"They don't want to train. It's a scandal for the French, it's a scandal for the federation and the French team. "It is a shame. As for me, it's over. I'm leaving the federation. I'm sickened and disgusted."

But it was the lackluster display against Mexico which provoked a storm of criticism, much of it directed at Domenech, who is standing down after the World Cup finals.
Domenech, who is being replaced by Laurent Blanc, told the French Football Federation official website that Anelka could have stayed had he apologized for his halftime remarks.

"I had another chat with him (Anelka) the next day and I left open the possibility for him to apologise, something which he did not want to do," he said.
"The decision to exclude him was the right one. He does not have the right to say such things."

Auspicious
Jun 21, 2010, 04:18 PM
+

The French team?

As the ESPN commentator said yesterday,

They're going through a melt-down of sorts.
--

Osibinaebi
Jun 21, 2010, 04:26 PM
To start with i am not fan of the French in all their totality, so soccer is just one aspect of it....:biggrin::biggrin:

Maradona said he was noit surprised by Platini's criticism because Platini is a French man and that the French always think they know it all.......

Then the French Ref against Ivory Coast got it wrong on many counts... so Anelka going home and all the katakata in the French camp makes good sense to me and i wish they refuse to play tomorrow's game:razz::razz::razz: to crown it all.....

The whole world is raining fire and brimstone on Coulibaly of Mali but are silent on the French man... talk of double standard

Folks,

What is happening to the French team? They are falling apart...

French players in revolt after Anelka sent home

(CNN) -- France's World Cup squad boycotted training on Sunday in protest at the decision to send home star striker Nicolas Anelka. In a bizarre twist, coach Raymond Domenech had to read out a statement from the team to explain their decision.

"All players without exception want to declare their opposition to FFF (French Football Federation) decision to exclude Nicolas Anelka," he said. "For its part, the FFF has at no time tried to protect the group. "They made a decision without consulting all the players, only on the basis of the 'facts' reported by the press."

"Accordingly, and to mark their opposition to the highest level of French football, all players decided not to participate in the work-out."

Despite their refusal to train, the players added that they would "do everything individually and in a collective spirit so that France regains its honor against South Africa on Tuesday."

France must beat the hosts and hope the result of the other match in Group A between Mexico and Uruguay goes their way to have any chance of qualifying for the last 16. All players without exception want to declare their opposition to FFF decision to exclude Nicolas Anelka.

Anelka was substituted but reports of his tirade against Domenech were picked up by the media, prompting the French Football Federation to take the decision to send him home on Saturday.

Captain Patrice Evra was incensed by the leak, claiming there was a "traitor" in the French camp.

As the squad came on to the training ground at Knysna on Sunday, Domenech and Evra were still in discussion on the team bus. The pair eventually emerged, but Evra then became involved in a shouting match with fitness coach Robert Duverne, who reacted by angrily throwing down his official accreditation badge.

The squad, who said they only turned out to greet fans, promptly walked off and were joined by Domenech on the bus, after which he emerged to read out the statement.

To add to the chaos, a distraught France team director Jean-Louis Valentin publicly announced his resignation to the media. "Ask the players, they do not want to involve themselves any more. It's unacceptable," he told AFP.

"They don't want to train. It's a scandal for the French, it's a scandal for the federation and the French team. "It is a shame. As for me, it's over. I'm leaving the federation. I'm sickened and disgusted."

But it was the lackluster display against Mexico which provoked a storm of criticism, much of it directed at Domenech, who is standing down after the World Cup finals.
Domenech, who is being replaced by Laurent Blanc, told the French Football Federation official website that Anelka could have stayed had he apologized for his halftime remarks.

"I had another chat with him (Anelka) the next day and I left open the possibility for him to apologise, something which he did not want to do," he said.
"The decision to exclude him was the right one. He does not have the right to say such things."

Mikky jaga
Jun 21, 2010, 04:52 PM
This WC rejects injustice. The French practically stole their qualification from Ireland. Now, the chickens have come home to roost.

What is happening in the french team is what happens when thieves can not agree among themselves on how to share their loot.

Mikky jaga
Jun 21, 2010, 04:59 PM
Where is Mikky Jaja that was praising the coach of civ?

Where did you see me praising CIV coach. I was just comparing him with Lagerbeer and came to the conclusion that Lagerbeer has no excuse that he did not have time to work on the team if the CIV coach, appointed after him, got some results.

Dapxin
Jun 21, 2010, 05:16 PM
who cares what is happening to the French ? Another englands enemy down the line :)

Up England :D ;p

omaks
Jun 21, 2010, 06:53 PM
Spain Just scored. so that means they are on 'Lift Off'. Imagine. European champions at the bottom of their group. I tell y'all though, this world cup is turning to be of a different sort. team crisis from France and England, Cameroun being the numero uno to exit the world cup, even before the conclusion of the group stages, basketball scorelines from Portugal and even some magic moments from Argentina and Brazil,. It's definitely going to be some world cup this one.:lol:

NoLongThing
Jun 21, 2010, 07:16 PM
Torres is being so wasteful, it is unreal and at the rate his value post-world cup might be halved. Anyway having said that, the Spanish game has been beautiful - I hope they stay long in this competition.

Uwaa Sef
Jun 21, 2010, 08:52 PM
The whole world is raining fire and brimstone on Coulibaly of Mali but are silent on the French man... - Osibinaebi That's because Coulibaly made a call that changed the potential outcome of the match. The French man only lost or almost lost control of the match.

Later

Lalakokofefe
Jun 21, 2010, 09:40 PM
It was only a matter of time....

FiFA Drops Ref

PRETORIA, South Africa ? Controversial referee Koman Coulibaly was left off FIFA?s list for the next batch of World Cup matches following the error that likely cost the United States a victory against Slovenia.

Yahoo! Sports revealed on Friday that Coulibaly was ?highly unlikely? to take any further part in the tournament after being given a poor evaluation by assessors following his decision to disallow Maurice Edu?s 85th-minute goal. FIFA confirmed Sunday that Coulibaly will not play any part in Tuesday or Wednesday?s matches, which will include the USA?s critical Group C finale against Algeria.

Instead, as they step into the arena of Loftus Versfeld Stadium on Wednesday with their World Cup life at stake, the Americans will be officiated by a man who has just witnessed a combat far more brutal than any game in the tournament.

On Monday, the FIFA referee committee tried to go on a charm offensive by inviting the media to an open day but totally defeated the object of the exercise by refusing to answer questions about specific decisions.

Neither Coulibaly nor Stephane Lannoy – the French referee who erred in sending off Brazil’s Kaka against the Ivory Coast on Sunday – were present. Coulibaly’s assistant, Inacio Candido of Angola, was in attendance.

When asked if the controversy following the Edu no-goal had affected Coulibaly, Candido replied: “A referee is like a player. When they lose an opportunity to score a goal, they put it behind them.”

Source (http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/fifa-drops-referee-after-dropped-call--fbintl_ro-fifaref062110.html)

Mikky jaga
Jun 22, 2010, 08:12 AM
From results so far one can safely predict the teams likely to reach the Semi, final of this World Cup. They are currently the high scoring sides of the tournament, that is:

Portugal, Brazil, Germany, Argentina and Nigeria.

Kenn
Jun 22, 2010, 12:17 PM

One cannot predict beyond the knock-out round right now. But as things are shaping up, we can attempt to predict how the teams would finish with the last games in the group stages about to begin ? the finish that will determine who faces who in the knock-out stage.

My finishing predictions for each group are these (the winners come first, followed by runner-ups):

A: Uruguay, Mexico
B: Argentine, Nigeria/Greece
C: England, USA
D: Germany, Serbia
E: Netherlands, Japan/Denmark
F: Paraguay, Italy
G: Brazil, Portugal
H: Spain, Chile

Obviously, the above are just my predictions. If I?m pushed, I fancy Nigeria ahead of Greece to come second in Group B and Japan ahead of Denmark to come second in Group E. Who finishes first and second will determine how they line up for the knock-out stage. When we get there, I can make further predictions, depending on who finishes where.

?.

Osibinaebi
Jun 22, 2010, 01:16 PM
Largerback will be playing KANU at his own peril o!!!!!:surprised:surprised, a friend just sent this analysis to me and i couldn't but help and laugh at the coincidence

Kaka, Kaita, Kewell, Klose. All red carded. Don't play Kanu today. Lest he gets a red card too.[/QUOTE]

Well sha i am routing for the Eagles all the way till about the 80th minutes, anything after that, we should forget it, the eagles are not the type that fight to get results at the very last minute like say the KIWIS of New Zealand

Kenn,
Dream on o!!:biggrin::biggrin: on the ones highlighted below[QUOTE=Kenn;460598].

A: Uruguay, Mexico
B: Argentine, Nigeria/Greece
C: England, USA
D: Germany, Serbia
E: Netherlands, Japan/Denmark
F: Paraguay, Italy
G: Brazil, Portugal
H: Spain, Chile

I do agree with you on the other ones shaaaa...... make we siddon look.....

Auspicious
Jun 22, 2010, 02:24 PM
+

Beautiful 1st goal against France from South Africa!

Vuvuzela sounds double in decibel!!

WATCH LIVESTREAM HERE (http://espn.go.com/espn3/player?id=6339&size=condensed).
--

Auspicious
Jun 22, 2010, 02:38 PM
+

Oh my God another one from South Africa!!!!

South Africa 2-0! Clinical Goal!!!
--

NoLongThing
Jun 22, 2010, 02:43 PM
And somebody go come tell me say the officiating is fair?? Yeah - right!! And that was a red card offence abi?? Hehehe!

Lalakokofefe
Jun 22, 2010, 02:45 PM
Talk about a melt-down ....

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sol/shared/img/v4/world_cup_2010/liveevent/bylines/jan_molby.jpg
BBC Radio 5 live's Jan Molby

"France have thrown in the towel. It's already an extraordinary afternoon."

NoLongThing
Jun 22, 2010, 03:01 PM
For the sake of the competition, for being such great hosts and for we the neutrals - one will be biased in favour of the South Africans but one would not have expected the same of the referee, im suppose dey neutral, fair and balanced but alas a few thousand rands don enter im pocket. That red card was completely atrocious!

Lalakokofefe
Jun 22, 2010, 04:37 PM
Hmmm.....

NSC NFF to extend Lagerback Contract

The National Sports Commission and the Nigeria Football Federation have begun moves to extend the contract of Super Eagles coach, Lars Lagerback.

The NSC Director General Partick Ekeji told our correspondent on Saturday that the Swede had done so much for the Eagles within a short time, despite the team losing their two World Cup games in South Africa.

He said Nigeria?s defeat against Greece was largely due to the inability of the players to rise to the situation they found themselves.

Ekeji said, ?The coach has shown so much promise with this team. What we intend to do is to give him more time to raise a formidable team for the country.

?It is clear we need to develop our football and we want to retain this man and give him a chance to do that. The players are okay with him and we cannot be changing coaches every time in the national team.?

The Presidential Task Force is currently paying the salary of Lagerback for his initial five-month contract.

Ekeji stressed that the NSC and the NFF would meet with the Swede on his future with the national team.

He said, ?We want him to stay for the next four or five years with a proper plan for our national teams. In that case, we have to talk on his pay and other things.

?It is good to allow continuity in sports. We are going to give the coach the opportunity of continuing with the Eagles.

Source (http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201006213593623)

Kenn
Jun 22, 2010, 05:05 PM
Largerback will be playing KANU at his own peril o!!!!!:surprised:surprised, a friend just sent this analysis to me and i couldn't but help and laugh at the coincidence

Kaka, Kaita, Kewell, Klose. All red carded. Don't play Kanu today. Lest he gets a red card too.

Well sha i am routing for the Eagles all the way till about the 80th minutes, anything after that, we should forget it, the eagles are not the type that fight to get results at the very last minute like say the KIWIS of New Zealand

Kenn,
Dream on o!!:biggrin::biggrin: on the ones highlighted below
I do agree with you on the other ones shaaaa...... make we siddon look.....

Osibi,

Oya now, in place of the ones wey I choose wey you no gree with, which ones you think go qualify and in what position? Okay. forget Greece own because two of us want make Nigeria qualify (bias or no bias), but what of the other ones? If for Group C, England no qualify, na who go join US and who go win the group? If for Group F, Italy no qualify, na who go qualify and na who go top the group? You say Group H, Spain no dey go, so na who dey qualify with Chile at the top? Oya make I hear from you before the next games start in about an hour....

NextLevel
Jun 22, 2010, 05:21 PM
You guys have no faith in Ghana. Just watch...

Auspicious
Jun 22, 2010, 05:25 PM
You guys have no faith in Ghana. Just watch...

No, we just light to hate on Ghana..hehe! :lol:
--

omaks
Jun 22, 2010, 05:53 PM
Let's hope the right Super Eagles turn up for today's match. Yes, the right Eagles (the one that we hope will show some 'balls'. All the best guys, youwill need all the luck you can get today.

... i'm out for now. See y'all at half time.

Ajibs
Jun 22, 2010, 06:30 PM
Go eagles! Come on boys!

Uwaa Sef
Jun 22, 2010, 06:35 PM
You guys have no faith in Ghana. - NextLevelBeats me.

Later

Iye
Jun 22, 2010, 06:37 PM
Is the world cup over yet?

Uwaa Sef
Jun 22, 2010, 06:38 PM
Does Ayila think the referee is not watching or what?

Later

Ajibs
Jun 22, 2010, 06:42 PM
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal

First-lady
Jun 22, 2010, 06:44 PM
goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal

Naijax
Jun 22, 2010, 06:44 PM
Yakubu should be subsituted.

omaks
Jun 22, 2010, 07:01 PM
Arg vs Gre is a practice match for Argentina, but i don't think they are playing to win. That may be the undoing of Nigeria's Super Eagles. We need Argentina to be 1 goal up going into the first half, otherwise i'm looking a a drab goaless game.

Ajibs
Jun 22, 2010, 07:07 PM
This is not a good ref

omaks
Jun 22, 2010, 07:08 PM
Bunch of totally useless, unprofessional cunts, who can't defend a simple set piece. WHF. N.A.R, it's not the referee we should blame. Those guys always think they have won a match even before its conclusion. What team can't defend a set piece?

Ajibs
Jun 22, 2010, 07:15 PM
Chidi Odiah is the best man on the pitch now

Ajibs
Jun 22, 2010, 07:18 PM
Omarks that is squarely afolabis fault. He was busy enjoying the atmosphere instead of doing his job. I donnot think the foul wa right Obasi got the ball and it was a simple strong play. The ref is being too finniky

omaks
Jun 22, 2010, 07:40 PM
Ridiculous. The boys are not fit to wear the Nigerian Shirt. God, where did we get these useless boys from? Now i agree that this is the worst assembled Super Eagles ever for any tournament we have participated in. Set pieces for crying out loud, and they can't defend. No Discipline whatsoever. Now somebody will start shooting their mouth that Lagerbach is the problem.

Ajibs
Jun 22, 2010, 07:41 PM
Oh this is bad. Nonsense! Why why why!?

Lalakokofefe
Jun 22, 2010, 07:46 PM
First goal from a direct free kick in this world cup!

Felix
Jun 22, 2010, 07:53 PM
****tu! That guy epitomizes the current Eagles. Is he a football player or a sumo wrestler?

Ajibs
Jun 22, 2010, 07:55 PM
Arggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh then goal !

Lalakokofefe
Jun 22, 2010, 08:00 PM
Why isn't Argentina scoring??????

omaks
Jun 22, 2010, 08:02 PM
Nothing 'The Eagles do is of importance for as long as Argentina continues to play a draw with Greek, though it would help if our players could ganner so momentum, press on and win this match.

Felix
Jun 22, 2010, 08:06 PM
Argentina scores

Iye
Jun 22, 2010, 08:11 PM
I hear good luck prayers are in order!!:pray::pray:

omaks
Jun 22, 2010, 08:12 PM
Argentina have done their bit so its up to our 'flightless Eagles to make their luck.

Dapxin
Jun 22, 2010, 08:14 PM
Feel mightily sorry for those taking this bunch of Nigerian specimens seriously sha.

Look @ goals they cant score @ worldcup level.

and look at goals they are conceeding.

+

Felix, ****tu is probably the age of maradona in reality or so. He is unfit. He should not be here....but its Nigeria. We travel full speed in reverse.

Dapxin
Jun 22, 2010, 08:26 PM
Another thing. Odieha looks quite mobile and functional where has been ?

LaggerBehind FAILS too. 1 point in 3 games @worldcup. I blame AMODU! I really Blame Amodu.

omaks
Jun 22, 2010, 08:27 PM
I don't feel any sympathy for these guys at all. If they played the last match seriously we would not have been depending on anyone for our success. As it is, even that was not enough. They simply couldn't win a match they should have . When it is all said and done those guys were not good enough. They got done by two very good set-pieces. Why were they not defending their lines? It's because defensively they are not good enough and the whole team lack discipline. If they were aware of the enormous task they would have defended well, attacked well, and all else would have taken care of themselves. The team was not good, period.

denker
Jun 22, 2010, 08:46 PM
:p:p:lol::lol:..Allah is Great..make i go drink a bottle of Schiraz and for dos crazi football freaks on dis board i sympathize with una in the name of football Allah, Kenn, the Great..:p

Felix
Jun 22, 2010, 08:49 PM
Shyttu and Afolabi are Nigerias best defenders? How can a dinosaur and a 500 pound panda handle the Eagles defence in a world cup match?

Ajibs
Jun 22, 2010, 09:33 PM
So it is all over. Cheikena. Pity, pity. Hmmm, Eagles, Le Bleu, similar problem. Bu the question is what next? Let the great debate begin.....

Lagerback...

To be or not to be?

Meanwhile as the WC goes on, lets pull behind Ghana. Then I wonder for a Miracle can Ivory Coast score 11 goals against North Korea??? :D and set a world cup record and send Portugal packing?

antiobj2007
Jun 22, 2010, 09:48 PM
Lagerback deserves a Commander of the Order of the Niger, (CON) award What a team! What a coach! He is a con artist. Thank God they it's all over for them. We've endured!:cry:

emj
Jun 23, 2010, 01:43 AM
Wat a sorry pass.......dat wasnt football...high school kids would have done better:arrow:

NextLevel
Jun 23, 2010, 03:31 AM
Nigerians - always wanting to reap where they did not sow. Disappointment aside, that was a decent performance, and I do hope Lagerback is allowed to stay and train both players and coaches.

Dapxin
Jun 23, 2010, 03:43 AM
^

On what basis will laggerBeer stay ? He promised to fly the super eagles to the Semis. didnt he ?
+
Its not in the corrupt ways of the NFA to retain such a con-artist. He will be heading to Abuja to pick up his sack paperwork soon.

Anyhow!

Auspicious
Jun 23, 2010, 05:36 AM
Nigerians - always wanting to reap where they did not sow. Disappointment aside, that was a decent performance, and I do hope Lagerback is allowed to stay and train both players and coaches.

I quite agree with you in your comments above -

Especially about the need for Lagerback to stay.

He can help raise a brand-new team, I believe.

A team of young people, out from within Naija.

I also think the Team tried, too little too late.

And that to expect better, is to decieve ourselves.
--

OweEse
Jun 23, 2010, 06:19 AM
A week in a worldcup is a long time

http://i50.tinypic.com/jjxl77.jpg

ENG-GER-LAND!! ENG-GER-LAND!!ENG-GER-LAND!!ENG-GER-LAND!! LOL

That headline was sooo funny!The British press are jokers. England better win today otherwise the press is going to murder them. I just hope they're not too hard on my man Fabio..lol

omaks
Jun 23, 2010, 07:27 AM
Sentiments aside, Nigerias 'EAGLES' did not deserve to progress beyond the group stages of this World cup in South Africa. It would have been a TRAVESTY if they had, and our football administratotrs would have continued in their 'Fire Brigaed Approach' to organising things (Though there's no indication to show they will change on the back of this latest failure).

There are so many issues that militate against the Eagles' performance on the world stage, and it's not for want of talent. Look at the Ghanaian team. It is laced with players from their last Successful team to the FIFA U -20 tournament the won. In fact there is on player from their local league too, who played in the last game. Nigeria on the other hand cast aside our young, fledging talent for these Over rated, over pampered and over paid buffoons. The time has come for our NFF to ensure that only those who are really ready to give their all for our National teams wear the short, irrespective of whose 'hourse is gored'. Can the NFF do it? I don't think so. They themselves refuse, for gready, corrupt motives to ensure that an enabling environment is created whereby we can get the best out of our footballers. That's why they refuse to insure our players properly like other countries do for the benefit of there footballers. Thus, many of them are always worried of giving that little bit extyra that could make the difference between winning and losing.

As far as i'm concerned the only positive that could be taken from this latest failure is that Lagerback has shown that with adequate preparation, and a bit more time in charge, he can get our boys playing better football than what obtained under Amodu. Let's make no mistake about it, had Amodu taken the team to South Africa, we would have faired even worse. The results so far are heart wrenching, but i think it may be a good idea to give Lagerback the opportunity to stay with the team, nurture new talent and impart his coaching experience to our local coaches too. Whether that happens or not depends on our ever fumbling NFF administrators.

Mikky jaga
Jun 23, 2010, 10:02 AM
Sentiments aside, Nigerias 'EAGLES' did not deserve to progress beyond the group stages of this World cup in South Africa. It would have been a TRAVESTY if they had, and our football administratotrs would have continued in their 'Fire Brigaed Approach' to organising things (Though there's no indication to show they will change on the back of this latest failure).

There are so many issues that militate against the Eagles' performance on the world stage, and it's not for want of talent. Look at the Ghanaian team. It is laced with players from their last Successful team to the FIFA U -20 tournament the won. In fact there is on player from their local league too, who played in the last game. Nigeria on the other hand cast aside our young, fledging talent for these Over rated, over pampered and over paid buffoons. The time has come for our NFF to ensure that only those who are really ready to give their all for our National teams wear the short, irrespective of whose 'hourse is gored'. Can the NFF do it? I don't think so. They themselves refuse, for gready, corrupt motives to ensure that an enabling environment is created whereby we can get the best out of our footballers. That's why they refuse to insure our players properly like other countries do for the benefit of there footballers. Thus, many of them are always worried of giving that little bit extyra that could make the difference between winning and losing.

As far as i'm concerned the only positive that could be taken from this latest failure is that Lagerback has shown that with adequate preparation, and a bit more time in charge, he can get our boys playing better football than what obtained under Amodu. Let's make no mistake about it, had Amodu taken the team to South Africa, we would have faired even worse. The results so far are heart wrenching, but i think it may be a good idea to give Lagerback the opportunity to stay with the team, nurture new talent and impart his coaching experience to our local coaches too. Whether that happens or not depends on our ever fumbling NFF administrators.

Omaks and those advocating for Lagerbeer to stay are yearning crap.

Here was a dumb coach in charge of his country's National team for ten solid years and could not raise a team that could beat Portugal and Denmark at home in World Cup qualifiers.

It is this type of mindset that you guys have that made Nigeria not to realize Lagerbeer was a disaster right from the day he was appointed. Anyone that looked closely at his past records knew he would not achieve anything with Eagles, still that Sani Lulu called him his "Special one".

Thank God Nigerian football fans at home are not afflicted with you guy's colonial mentality. Lagerbeer is not coaching any Eagles. He is a failed coach and should go home and enjoy the fruit of his 419 adventure in Nigeria.

Come to think of it, A Nigerian coach qualified us for the World Cup and capped it with a bronze medal in African championship, he was dumped, this useless oyibo got one lousy point from the world cup and some people are insulting my sensibility with a call that he should stay. That is not going to happen anyway!

As for whether Amodu could have performed worse, that means he would have no point at all! So, what difference does that make? A guy that got F9 parallel and the other that managed to get a P8. Abeg, make una go to blazes with una Lagerbeer.

You people spoiled our fun in this World Cup with the last minute change of guards, now you know the boys are not good, not Lagerbeer's fault. But if it was Amodu, it was not the boys it was the coach. Pathetic!!@

nijalaw
Jun 23, 2010, 10:36 AM
Nigerians are undoubtedly the nation with the greatest hope in the world. We can hope for a dead pig to come alive, after all we hoped for OBJ, then Yaradua & now GJ to take us to the promised land.

As for the dead dodo eagles I never even bothered watching any of the matches as I knew we would never fumble,stumble & wobble to the round of 16 not to talk of the semi-final.

As for those advocating for a foreign coach to stay, can we also advocate for foreign leadership to steer the ship of the Nigerian nation state as clearly we need their services.

NoLongThing
Jun 23, 2010, 10:46 AM
ENG-GER-LAND!! ENG-GER-LAND!!ENG-GER-LAND!!ENG-GER-LAND!! LOL

That headline was sooo funny!The British press are jokers. England better win today otherwise the press is going to murder them. I just hope they're not too hard on my man Fabio..lol

I absolutely hope so!!! Go on three lions, go on England, go on Don Fabio!

Mikky jaga
Jun 23, 2010, 11:39 AM
Can you see the double talk? Shame and double pity!!

Sacking Amodu was a mistake - Odemwingie

In a surprise turn-around, Osaze Odemwingie has said that it was a mistake to fire Shuaibu Amodu and replace him with Lars Lagerback.

Odemwingie was one of the players who spoke up against Amodu at the African Nations Cup in Angola, leading to the axing of the former BCC Lions coach.

But after a disastrous World Cup where Nigeria finished bottom of a winnable group with just one point out of nine, the Lokomotiv Moscow forward told KickOffNigeria.com that it was a mistake to fire Amodu.

"They should not have fired Amodu. I think that was a mistake," he said.

Odewmingie went on to say that Nigeria did not have a team good enough to challenge the best.

"To be honest, we don't have the team that can win the World Cup. If you go down to the roots, most of us, including myself, in our clubs we are not doing great.

"We are not like the big team we used to be, having players in the big clubs and coming here with the ambition to win the Cup. But definitely we could have done much better."

Odemwingie also criticised coach Lars Lagerback's selection and tactics, but says if the coach can learn from his mistakes, he would do better with the Super Eagles.

"I think the World Cup experience and being with us has given him some advantage over the next candidate.

"People learn from mistakes. If he takes the positives from this one and he feels good with working with Nigerian boys then yes, I think he should stay."

Dapxin
Jun 23, 2010, 12:57 PM
^

Odemwingie really said that ? wow!

DeepThought
Jun 23, 2010, 01:11 PM
You people spoiled our fun in this World Cup with the last minute change of guards, now you know the boys are not good, not Lagerbeer's fault. But if it was Amodu, it was not the boys it was the coach. Pathetic!!@

Chineke God!
Na Oyinbo , a whole white man, this fellow want make we dey blame just like that?!!. You think say na fcking monkey like Amodu?
Yes, O! In this case we cannot blame the coach. Never! It is the boys fault jor, deal with it!!!

Look, if you miserable people won't stop this nonesense, I will write ten thousand pages of colomental nonsesense to set you straight. I don warn you be dat O!

omaks
Jun 23, 2010, 01:16 PM
What i hate most and fear most are people who speak from both sides of their mouth. I can recolect vividly that after the African Nations Cup, this same Odemwinge was the one speaking against Amodu. Now he is in auto reverse again. He didn't do particularly well in the world cup games he played, and he should go and think about that first and foremost.

omaks
Jun 23, 2010, 01:18 PM
I dey go watch England fall at the hands of Slovenia.

Exxcuzme
Jun 23, 2010, 01:34 PM
As for those that supported the Lagerbeer of a coach against Amodu, I hope another man "gba ise yin se" may another person reap the fruit of your labor, because that was what they did to Keshi and Amodu. When another person reaped where you sow, then I will say you got no technical knowledge...okay?:rolleyes:

tonsoyo
Jun 23, 2010, 01:50 PM
You know what guys, I say disband the useless team, send away the clueless and non-motivational coach called LagerBeer and bring Guinness Stout if you like but please don't let me hear that name Amodu from anybagga!

If you ask me, I say give us Stephen Keshi! Yes Stephen Keshi, he is motivational, he has leadership qualities and he played in the team in our recent memories just like Maradona, understand the psyche of our players, together with Westerhoff actually exposed our players to the international soccer playing.

It is bye bye to Lagerbeer, all we are saying is give us Green Sand Sandy!

And thank God, I am American, I am shifting my focus from Motherland to Fatherland!

Auspicious
Jun 23, 2010, 01:52 PM
+

Mikky Jaga @ #875:

Please state your news source (links?), thanks.
--

First-lady
Jun 23, 2010, 02:13 PM
KAITA (Kai-ta)
v. Kai*ta, Kai*tas, kai*ta'ed, kai*ta'ing

1. To single-handedly dash the hopes and aspirations of one's nation in the full glare of other nations
2. To karate-kick your way out of the greatest stage/spotlight ever known to man
3. To destroy/zap/ siphon the energies of teammates plus 140 million people through unexplainable stupidity
4. To act foolishly, unintelligently or irrationally and IMMEDIATELY regret the action by falling on your knees

(Etymology: Derived from the dreadful match between Nigeria and lowly Greece at the 2010 Soccer World Cup)

Usage:

"Please, please, do not KAITA what we have been building for 50 years o! Oloshi!"

"I don't care what people say, I will KAITA the multi-billion dollar plan!"

"That man, you know, the hopeless, useless, visionless, KAITAing guy!"

"I was KAITAing until I met Jesus!"

Synonyms:

1. Sabotage
2. Incapacitate
3. Destroy/Demobilize
4. Jeopardize
5. Impair
6. Implode
7. Shege Banza!

OTHER MEANINGS AND DERIVATIVES

KAITA (Kai-ta)
n. Kai*ta

A term that describes a temporary but kaitastrophic loss of mental competency and faculty.
See also Instant Amnesia.

KAITAISIS (Kai-ta-i-sis)
n. Kai*ta*i*sis

1. A new mental sickness recently discovered by Neurosurgeons. It affects the victim's ability to think right or make right judgement especially when it matters most.

2. Victims often confuse the game of soccer for a karate session. Its derived from the new word KAITA

KAITARIZATION (Kai-ta-ri-za- tion)
n. Kai*ta*ri*za* shen

Kaitarization is the act of being turned into a useless mongol OR a Shaolin Temple soccer player.

KAITA-KAITA (Kai-ta-kai- ta)
n. Kai*ta*kai*ta

Kaita-Kaita means unprecedented confusion and unimaginable pandemonium
Usage: "Kaita-kaita don burst!"

KAITA (Kai-ta)
n. Kai*ta

A highly explosive bomb needed more in Iraq than in Nigeria
Usage: "Allied Forces just dropped the K-Bomb! Yes! The Kaita! Ladies and gentlemen, the war is over!!!"

KAITARACT (Kai-ta-ra-ct)
n. Kai*ta*ra*kt

A one-of-a-kind eye defect that makes a soccer player see another player as a Jabulani Ball to be kicked
Usage: "Pity, he suffered from a sudden chronic case of Kaitaract"

NoLongThing
Jun 23, 2010, 02:22 PM
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!! Defoe. Come on England.

NoLongThing
Jun 23, 2010, 02:30 PM
I swear this cup is coming home. Our boys are bringing it back. Definitely fired up like crazy we are on fireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! Fantastic display by the boys. I have never seen England like this before o!

Iye
Jun 23, 2010, 02:38 PM
I swear this cup is coming home. Our boys are bringing it back. Definitely fired up like crazy we are on fireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! Fantastic display by the boys. I have never seen England like this before o!

So home has now switched to England for you abi :)

NoLongThing
Jun 23, 2010, 02:48 PM
So home has now switched to England for you abi :)

Before nko. Abeg lef mata jo - I don decamp since nineteen ogorongo. By the way no be C....... be ya home abi you don relocate??

NoLongThing
Jun 23, 2010, 03:16 PM
Englans definitely has the ability to dominate this cup and they will. Great great great football. Best performance of the competition by any team so far - a beg make I dedicate this song to the three lions.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SjqSBP55xjw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SjqSBP55xjw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

NoLongThing
Jun 23, 2010, 03:55 PM
Ar last something to smile about in this world cup. Now Ghana must perform.

Exxcuzme
Jun 23, 2010, 03:57 PM
As we say here in Texas, "HOW ABOUT THEM YANKEES"! GO U S A!!!

Dapxin
Jun 23, 2010, 04:15 PM
Proud for the Yanks! Really proud for them. They get to top England's easy group too.

Happy for SA too that, that the so overRated noisy English folks too qualifies. Now they can at least raise more visitor £££.

Germany or Argentina will duly whack them soon....

Mikky jaga
Jun 23, 2010, 05:06 PM
+

Mikky Jaga @ #875:

Please state your news source (links?), thanks.
--

From the same source where you got your Oyibo na oyibo interview

http://www.kickoff.com/news/16311/sacking-amodu-was-a-mistake-odemwingie.php

Mikky jaga
Jun 23, 2010, 05:09 PM
Only Ghana is keeping my interest on fire in this WC. I pray they qualify even though their bad mouth too much.

Dapxin
Jun 23, 2010, 05:12 PM
NolongThing ? England bringing worldcup home ? You better dont get Turaised with delusion :p

Auspicious
Jun 23, 2010, 05:23 PM
+

Thank you for the link, Mikky.

I see nothing wrong with Osaze Odemingwe's comments in the final analysis.

With the benefit of hindsight, we often tend to reappraise our viewpoints.

I too was divided over whether it was right or not to sack Shuaibu Amodu.

But I later justified it, esp when I noticed an improved Eagles under Lagerback.

It appeared to me that the men had better regard for Lagerback than Amodu.

But the game started and I saw Martins and Odemwingie absent, I balked.

I also thought he could have temporarily featured Kanu earlier for inspiration.

All in all, after all is said and done, I think Lagerback will do well to remain.

For me, he has a certain command - a calm resolute along with experience..

To help build a new, disciplined and talented team from the ground-up.

I think firing him again, like we did Amodu Shuaibu, will be a mistake.

Still, personally, I don't like Amodu as a Head Coach for the team.

It's just the timing of his firing that may not have gone well with me.

Maybe that's the way y'all feel about Lagerbeer. Or may be not.

Whichever way it is, we all have a right to our opinions.

It is what it is. "Oyibo na Oyibo", Dudu na Dudu! :lol:
--

Osibinaebi
Jun 23, 2010, 05:47 PM
Now that NIGERIA is officially out of the WORLD CUP..... i can now concentrate on fully supporting my TEAM... GERMANY. An added balm for me is that GERMANY will be meeting loud mouths...ENGLISH and its gonna be a walloping like the Aussies got.

Whether Largerback remains is none of my business, but surely daft Sani Lulu, incompetent Ogunjobi and the inept NFF board should be shown the way out. Lets go back to grooming home-based who will thirst and show the hunger to EXCEL. The only players I wish to see remain in the new Eagles build up are Uche Kalu, Sani Kaita and ENYEANMA.......... I thought Ogbuke should be there, but the guy has shown himself to be a lazy fella that complains for running 50 m with the ball. Haruna Lukman is already showing traits of growing bigger that his shoes can take, so he should be left out. Rabiu Afolabi should be flogged.

One question i have for Largerback is why he played Odiah at the Right back all through... was it that he never took a natural Right Back to the competition or what. Odiah did try, but then he is a midfielder that became a make shift Right Back and the World cup is not the place to use make shift players except when a team is ravaged by injury during the competition.....

Dapxin
Jun 23, 2010, 05:55 PM
Una dey think LaggingBehind will stay in that Abuja ?

Thou will know the ways of a conArtist and thou shall grow wise; How will he live with the corruption unlimited methods of NFA, without sticking his fingers in the teapot @ some point ?

In which case madam Waz will quickly step in 9ija style to take Oyinbo make stars....hehehe, laggerBehind will not stay!

Nigeria's NFA doesnt have that much brains.

Ajibs
Jun 23, 2010, 06:37 PM
Odemwingie also criticised coach Lars Lagerback's selection and tactics, but says if the coach can learn from his mistakes, he would do better with the Super Eagles.

"I think the World Cup experience and being with us has given him some advantage over the next candidate.

"People learn from mistakes. If he takes the positives from this one and he feels good with working with Nigerian boys then yes, I think he should stay."

MJ,
As you can see he STILL does NOT want Amodu back!!!!!

Now he is somebody speaking the truth...

"To be honest, we don't have the team that can win the World Cup. If you go down to the roots, most of us, including myself, in our clubs we are not doing great.
I salute him for being honest!

denker
Jun 23, 2010, 06:48 PM
Now that NIGERIA is officially out of the WORLD CUP..... i can now concentrate on fully supporting my TEAM... GERMANY(God's Children).

..thank u up there, my good bruder...cheers!

Dapxin
Jun 23, 2010, 08:02 PM
Ghana shoots like they are women. annoying!

Dapxin
Jun 23, 2010, 08:04 PM
And my god! how they missed Mike Essien Ghana. How they miss him.....He would have been phenomenal to attack these impressively functional german machines.

compelling watch this. But I need Ghana to score...

No Smoking
Jun 23, 2010, 08:10 PM
The Ghana display is indeed pleasant to watch. If only they'd been this composed against Australia!!!

Dapxin
Jun 23, 2010, 08:24 PM
Ghana qualifies, anyhow somehow....sigh :) The German team is a mystery to behold, how fucntional they are.

antiobj2007
Jun 23, 2010, 08:47 PM
GO ON GHANA!!! Ghana's coach was hired 2 years ago not 4 months ago that makes a lot difference on the pitch
LAGERBACK GO HOME ENOUGH OF YOUR CON!
Osaze's doublespeak what a shame!

+

Who better to speak about coaches..

Than the players themselves?

Again, I believe there's a certain exposure

A certain exposure that, winnings or not,

Amodu may not necessarily have.
--

Osaze: Amodu Eagles were predictable
Posted: 2010-05-25 07:25
kickoffNigeria.com (http://kickoffnigeria.com/2010/news/15619/osaze-odemwingie-amodu-eagles-predictable.php)

http://cdn.playfair.co.za/kickoff/f3dbeda313a9cefe68fa61cab2ac1912_412x367.jpg

Osaze Odemwingie says Nigeria became too predictable under former coach Shuaibu Amodu and Lars Lagerback has already created a buzz around the squad.

Osaze, 29, was one of the more outspoken critics of Amodu's regime but he told KickOffNigeria.com that he did so without malice.

"For the past two years, with Amodu, we've been easy to predict. We have to have more variety in our tactics and our attack.

"There's not much negative or bad about his coaching. It's just that its not enough if we are aspiring to go up there. It's the difference between good, and better."

After four training sessions with Lagerback, Odemwingie says things are already looking up, with the Swede instilling a fear no foe confidence in his new team.

"He doesn't look like someone who doubts his own quality and I think he can bring a result that Nigerians expect. I see him relaxed, as someone with a plan, who took this job after watching our games and knowing that he can do better than where we were.

"From the first training, he is looking at attacking football. He is looking at a passing game. He is looking at the penetrating pass, a pass that creates danger, less square passes and more forward passes. He keeps reminding us that we have to play beautiful football and that results are also very important.

"At the same time, you can see that he doesn't want to play a game where Nigeria is scared of the opponent, any opponent."

Odemwingie says already the atmosphere in camp is different.

"You could feel it. You cannot deny it. Like our people say, oyibo na oyibo.:lol: There is a touch they add to Africans when they bring their ideas, their calculations, their tactics, their organisation, their way of being more effective on the field. That is going to be added for sure.

"The training so far has been good, the build-up and the movement. I think Lagerback is the best choice Nigeria made."

More importantly, the forward says Nigeria have to return to their attacking traditions.

"We need to be more ourselves. I think that is what we were denied these past few years. We were not playing like Nigeria. We were more defensive minded. That is why we didnt score so much goals lately, and that is also why we have been struggling even with the average African teams.

"But we could also understand that choice of tactics because it looks like there was a little bit of lack of confidence in our defence line.

"A few times we conceded silly goals, but at the same time, we needed the result and changes had to be done.

"We hope now that things will be better."

On his first day at work with his squad, Lagerback showed the players individual videos and Osaze said it came as a bit of a surprise.

"I was surprised because we never had that before in our coaching.

"That's another little thing. Those little things make a difference. Europe has gone far. I am not here to criticise our situation. Its just that right now we have to admit that we are still a little bit behind. In our clubs we see that those things are important. Here, he showed us a few highlights, pointed out some things and everybody is commending it."

He is under no illusions though, as to how much work remains to be done, but says there is a positive feeling about.

"We have a lot of work to do. The whole team have been commending the training sessions, and we hope to continue for the remaining days.

"We are getting a positive feeling now about ourselves, because it is in the hands of the coach how he motivates his team."

Ultimately though, he says it will be up to the players to do the business on the pitch.

"We have to believe in ourselves, and in what we can do and go out there on the pitch and show it for the love our country. There are a lot of people who just want a chance to play and that means that if you are lucky enough to be selected, you have to give your best at all times."

Dapxin
Jun 23, 2010, 09:07 PM
Osaze, should simply have shut up to be honest. What's his own ? One failed speak, is better imo than double speak.

omaks
Jun 23, 2010, 09:41 PM
As for those that supported the Lagerbeer of a coach against Amodu, I hope another man "gba ise yin se" may another person reap the fruit of your labor, because that was what they did to Keshi and Amodu. When another person reaped where you sow, then I will say you got no technical knowledge...okay?:rolleyes:

Haba Alhaji - Pastor Exxcuzme, Ewo waa ni epe ninu gbogbo oro t'o wa nle yi? Amu ni nje a mu ni, ewo ni ti oo ni bo nbe? Well sa your curse no fit catch fly o, 'cos this Amodu wey you dey support so no deliver the goods. If to say im deliver tthe goods ni, we for no employ Afin ti kii j'iyo (Oyibo pepper). Come to think of it, the only pepo wey dis ya curse go catch na the 'I neva belle ful yet' AdminisTRAITORS for NFF. Yes, if to say dem sack Amodu befor the second round of World Cup Qualifying round, we for prepare better and perform better. Any way from now on our national team no SUPER EAGLES anymore. Dem be SUPER CHICKENS. Chikenna.

Miliki Way
Jun 23, 2010, 09:49 PM
+

Thank you for the link, Mikky.

I see nothing wrong with Osaze Odemingwe's comments in the final analysis.

With the benefit of hindsight, we often tend to reappraise our viewpoints.

I too was divided over whether it was right or not to sack Shuaibu Amodu.

But I later justified it, esp when I noticed an improved Eagles under Lagerback.

It appeared to me that the men had better regard for Lagerback than Amodu.

But the game started and I saw Martins and Odemwingie absent, I balked.

I also thought he could have temporarily featured Kanu earlier for inspiration.

All in all, after all is said and done, I think Lagerback will do well to remain.

For me, he has a certain command - a calm resolute along with experience..

To help build a new, disciplined and talented team from the ground-up.

I think firing him again, like we did Amodu Shuaibu, will be a mistake.

Still, personally, I don't like Amodu as a Head Coach for the team.

It's just the timing of his firing that may not have gone well with me.

Maybe that's the way y'all feel about Lagerbeer. Or may be not.

Whichever way it is, we all have a right to our opinions.

It is what it is. "Oyibo na Oyibo", Dudu na Dudu! :lol:
--

This is beyond pathetic! That anyone would be advocating that this failed coach be allowed to keep his job????? Good God in heaven, WHAT IS WRONG WITH AFRICANS? Oh! I get it. Massa is always right! Lagerbeer is massa whose very essence, by virtue of his pigmentation evokes confidence amongst timid, clueless Africans, therefore his failures must be overlooked or underplayed. Chei! How pitiful! How pathetic!! Abegi, make una kukuma make am presido of Naija now, abi?

No Smoking
Jun 23, 2010, 10:04 PM
Does anyone know why Onuoha of Man City was not in the Eagles camp? Did he turn-down an invitation?

He has been featuring in England under-21 matches, but not earned a full cap, yet.

I would rate him over Sh'ittu, Kaita and co, any day.

Dapxin
Jun 23, 2010, 10:08 PM
Onuoha, is a flip-flop.

He once wanted to play for Cappello. (like he had a chance :p) and then It didnt work and he wanted to run to Nigeria; It was kinda too late.

thats afaik.

No Smoking
Jun 23, 2010, 10:13 PM
Chei, NVS swear-meter no let man-pikin write Naija name Sh'ittu. I no sabi which new button dey for Edit posts.

Hehehe, I don find the Edit pencil ojare.. :D

Ajibs
Jun 23, 2010, 10:25 PM
More honesty...

Meanwhile, Enyeama has said that they have themselves to blame for not winning the match adding that they played below expectations. Nigeria Tribune

Ajibs
Jun 23, 2010, 10:35 PM
All I can say is hmmmm...

FIFA assures Bio of support in football reform
SportsJun 23, 2010
By Tony Ubani, in South Africa

The Minister of sports/Chairman, National Sports Commission, NSC, Alhaji Ibrahim Isa Bio, yesterday, met with FIFA president, Sepp Blatter and Secretary General, Jerome Valcke, to seek the body's assistance to reform football in Nigeria.

Bio was accompanied by the Nigerian High Commissioner in South Africa, Brigadier-General Buba Marwa (rtd), NSC Director-General, Dr. Patrick Ekeji, former Super Eagles captain, Austin Jay Jay Okocha, as well as FIFA and CAF Executive Committee member from Nigeria, Dr. Amos Adamu to the meeting.
The meeting which was held at the FIFA headquarters Johannesburg was to discuss the way forward for Nigeria football.

Members of the FIFA Executive Committee received the minister and his team warmly and they expressed their sympathy at Nigeria's early exit from the World Cup as he (Bio) told the FIFA members that he is not happy about the present state of Nigeria football.

Nigeria, he told FIFA, should not be where she is today in global football, positing that countries that are not endowed as Nigeria are up there, using new methods of training and management to achieve great things.
He argued that Nigeria must join the rest of the world and the only way the nation can achieve this is through the restructuring of her football. He also told Blatter that there is need for FIFA to look into the relationship between the government and the Nigeria Football Federation and assist Nigeria in setting up new academies.

FIFA assured Bio of the body's readiness to assist Nigeria in every way to make her football more competitive and take her place among global giants and asked that all football academies be register with it so that players could be protected from greedy agents and clubs.

The world football governing body admitted that while Nigeria is doing well in age grade football same could not be said of the country's senior team as it urged Nigeria to adopt new tactics at the senior level.
It also encouraged the government to get a good coach that will work on a longer term, blaming Nigeria and other countries like Cote d' Ivoire's poor run at the World Cup on lack of continuity. FIFA posited that it will be impossible for a coach to turn a team around in two months when he is just getting to know most the players. - Vanguard Online

Vade Mecum
Jun 23, 2010, 10:36 PM
Eagles fight over Lagerback

•He's the worst coach ever –Odemwingie •Let him stay –Kanu

By Gbolahan Dada and Kunle Solaja Thursday, June 24, 2010

Nigeria's forward, Osaze Odemwingie, on Tuesday descended on Coach Lars Lagerback, saying the Swede 'made mistakes' and claimed a sense of injustice at not being given enough playing time at the World Cup.

Odemwingie also suggested that he was left out of the final game against Greece because of what he said. "Three games three losses. I think a few things he did were big mistakes," Odemwingie said: "Like telling two strikers not to participate in defending.

"I think that is a big mistake with Nigerian football when we have one defensive midfielder and one creative in front of him. All our middle was open and that was the problem we had against Greece.

"Today, the instruction was that three people did not have to participate in defence. I think that also was a big mistake." Odemwingie was reported to have erupted in the dressing room after losing to Greece, and explained that he had good reason to.

"Yeah, I said to him that there are some key players in this team that he didn't give enough playing time. And I was one of them. I told him we have been here for a few years and we have qualified this team for the World Cup and he was putting us aside and it's not fair.

"Some of us like myself and Martins are leaders in this team and we have been making the difference for the country and we needed to get more playing time and more chances to play." Odemwingie then suggested that his tirade may have been the reason he was left out of against Korea.

"It is possible that that's why he didn't play me today."

Osaze take am jejelee

Na so Amodu suffer well well helep Super Eagles qualify for World Cup too

Before the people wey God don teach some hard lessons now for World Cup for South Africa come show country man serious disrespect.

Them thief Amodu job giam to one Lagerback

Anyway...make I clear my throat small...uhnnn uhhhnnnn uhhhhnnnn

As Onyinbo dem dey talk am: "He who laffs last laffs best." Abee nor be so ?

Success nor be by power

Success nor be by might,

Success na by the spirit of the Lord

Nor be who dey run pass dey win race

Nor be who who strong pass dey win race

Time and chance wey only Baba God dey control, naim dey happen to all competitors

A word is enough for the wise

Dapxin
Jun 23, 2010, 10:40 PM
The Minister of sports/Chairman, National Sports Commission, NSC, Alhaji Ibrahim Isa Bio, yesterday, met with FIFA president, Sepp Blatter and Secretary General, Jerome Valcke, to seek the body's assistance to reform football in Nigeria.

Such dumbs!

How did he become minister in the first place if he has no idea what to do to reform - not rebuild o - his country's football! and we are talking football here o, no Ifa science...

Bio was accompanied by the Nigerian High Commissioner in South Africa, Brigadier-General Buba Marwa (rtd), NSC Director-General, Dr. Patrick Ekeji, former Super Eagles captain, Austin Jay Jay Okocha, as well as FIFA and CAF Executive Committee member from Nigeria, Dr. Amos Adamu to the meeting.
The meeting which was held at the FIFA headquarters Johannesburg was to discuss the way forward for Nigeria football.

Why dont they start by cutting down on travelling officials first ? fatHeads!

NoLongThing
Jun 23, 2010, 11:29 PM
Such dumbs!

How did he become minister in the first place if he has no idea what to do to reform - not rebuild o - his country's football! and we are talking football here o, no Ifa science...

My broda a beg make una carry ur confused and clueless naija problems comot from my front (minister dey go meet FIFA to help develop Naija football hehehe lol). Chei what a bunch of clowns!!!!

Anyway I salute what was probably the greatest all round performance by any team in this world cup thus far. Those boys were truly fired up and were if nothing at all, a marvel to watch. England could have destroyed those guys by about four goals and it would not have flattered the boys. More like how Argentina took you Nigerians to school but only managed a single goal - England were that good against a very respected side like the Slovenians.

Today has been a proper blast I no go lie - that's for sure. Come on England!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Sue Me
Jun 24, 2010, 12:09 AM
Nigeria crashed out of the world cup as she should have. Lagerback did not win a single match. Yes, I put all the blame on him, because when Amodu was in charge, all the mental slaves and colo mentality-addled idiiots who supported Lagerback, blamed Amodu for everything.

But providence and justice won. They won a victory against Black-on-Black racism, against colo mentality and the Black man's inhumanity against the Black man. Now that their corrupt White savior has lost ignominously, they are suddently blaming the players for everything. When Amodu was in charge and his supporters suggested that the players were not doing their best, these misbegotten mental slaves would hear none of it. Everything was his fault then. Now, rather than admit their inferiority complex, they are still lying through their perfidious, fratricidal teeth, still claiming that the Eagles played better under the incompetent oaf, lagerback.

Nigeria played much better under Amodu. The only losses, of note they suffered under Amodu were to the three-time African champions, Egypt, and the only African team that has qualified and will qualify for the second round, Ghana. Amodu qualified Nigeria for the world cup and won the bronze medal finishing behind only the countries that won first and second place at the tournament. Lagerback, on the other hand, could not even defeat Greece, a country that had never won a victory in the world cup, and wawss by all accounts, hopeless.

Even foreign commentators wondered why a coach who qualified Nigeria for the world cup was replaced by one who failed to qualify sweden. The New York times wrote an article about African teams hiring foreign coaches and they mentioned that Lagerback had replaced Amodu after failing to qualify Sweden.

So all you mental slaves can continue deceiving yourselves. Everybody knows you are nothing but slaves.

Up up Amodu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeepThought
Jun 24, 2010, 12:45 AM
Yes, I put all the blame on him, because when Amodu was in charge, all the mental slaves and colo mentality-addled idiiots who supported Lagerback, blamed Amodu for everything.

:eek:

Chineke maranma!!
Na about Oyinbo you dey talk like this? Na Oyinbo you dey take mouth spoil like this? You no dey fear God?

Now that their corrupt White savior has lost ignominously, they are suddently blaming the players for everything.
Yes!
Yes!!
Yessss O! It is the players fault . Gerrout jor!

When Amodu was in charge and his supporters suggested that the players were not doing their best, these misbegotten mental slaves would hear none of it. Everything was his fault then.

But of course. The useless coach didn't help the players meet their potential.
Afterall, is he not their spiritual advisor?

Even sef, he supposed to help dem hold their whatchmacallit when they pee pee.
That is his job jor.Gerrout again!

Also the boys need a coach they can respect.

Now, rather than admit their inferiority complex, they are still lying through their perfidious, fratricidal teeth, still claiming that the Eagles played better under the incompetent oaf, lagerback.

Na mental dey worry you.
Everyone who knows anything about football can attest to this simple fact of the brilliant performance of our boys compared to what Amodu did. I mean,doesn't the result speak for itself?. Had Amodu led the team , there would have been mass suicide. The stadium itself could have collapsed and famine + including WWIII could have broken out. We had to prevent such a calamity!!

Nigeria played much better under Amodu. The only losses, of note they suffered under Amodu were to the three-time African champions, Egypt, and the only African team that has qualified and will qualify for the second round, Ghana. Amodu qualified Nigeria for the world cup and won the bronze medal finishing behind only the countries that won first and second place at the tournament

Lies!
Lies!!
All lies!!!! And God forbid, if true, na just mere luck jor!
Any fool can qualify a team for the world cup on pure luck alone and then follow that up again with even more luck by winning a bronze medal in the African Nations.
It was all luck! luck!! Pure luck and juju!!!

Lagerback, on the other hand, could not even defeat Greece, a country that had never won a victory in the world cup, and wawss by all accounts, hopeless.

Na bad juju and bad luck O! E fit happen to anybody naahoow!
May our enemie's juju never be effective against us. Ami!!
Na the juju from those useless Amodu's supporters wey do am.

Even foreign commentators wondered why a coach who qualified Nigeria for the world cup was replaced by one who failed to qualify sweden. The New York times wrote an article about African teams hiring foreign coaches and they mentioned that Lagerback had replaced Amodu after failing to qualify Sweden.

That is because they don't know anything about football. I_dio.ts

So all you mental slaves can continue deceiving yourselves. Everybody knows you are nothing but slaves.
Up up Amodu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I no talk am ? See how mental dey worry some people so?

Osibinaebi
Jun 24, 2010, 01:03 AM
AMODU to be hired by NFF to qualify Nigeria for the next world cup!!!!!!!!!! but aaahhhhh Amodu cannot resist:d he is a patriot with the love of the country at heart.......

Ajibs
Jun 24, 2010, 01:30 AM
I tire for you people walahi. Some of you do not know the difference between Fufu and Garri walahi

NextLevel
Jun 24, 2010, 01:36 AM
I see many people are making fun of people who are advocating that Lagerback be given a chance to continue with the Eagles.

My justification for advocating that he continue is that many of us saw a clear difference in how the Eagles played against higher quality opposition under his coaching that they did under Amodu. Of course, everyone can make up their own stories, but let's review the games:

Argentina: a 1-0 loss to an elite team that decimate everyone else in our group except... Nigeria!
Greece: a game that was clearly in hand until we had to defend with 10 men.
South Korea: a 2-2 draw in a game that the Eagles could very well have won. No one asked Yakubu to figure out with his exquisite genius how to avoid putting a ball in the one direction that doesn't go towards an empty net with the keeper lying on the ground and no defenders within marking distance.

If you don't like Lagerback, fine. But anyone who is taking Odemwingie seriously is missing that Odemwingie has an obvious axe to grind.

DeepThought
Jun 24, 2010, 01:37 AM
Just so we should silence the growling from those non-entities who don't understand anything about football who keep wondering what bigger calamity could have befallen the Nigerian team than crashing out of the World cup at the first round, had a Nigerian coach led them.

Let us educate them.
Let us clearly make them understand that a far worse fate could befall a team than merely crashing out at the first stage O!

There are at least 10 terrible and unheard of things that would for sure have have happened had that Amodu or a Nigerian led us to the World cup. But feel free to add your own to the laundry list of worse calamities that would for sure had befallen us

1. The heavens would have fallen
2. The oceans would have boiled over
3. The rivers would have turned red with blood
4. The evil dead would have risen
5. Famine would be ravaging the land
6. A plague would have descended upon the world
7. The earth would have stopped revolving
8. The sun would explode into a supernova
9. Hell would have frozen over; and

finally, worse of all, the most terrible and unthinkable thing that could have happened, for those colomentalists who can't bear the thought of being proven disgracefully wrong,for those mentally enslaved who must always be right and who would prefer any calamity, who would endure any humiliation rather than being obviously and shamefully proven wrong by their country men;

10. We could have possibly gone beyond the preliminary stage

Dapxin
Jun 24, 2010, 01:46 AM
^

NL,

It doesnt make sense.

Here you are advocating that LaggingBehind be kept - because he (well, wait wait) lost! x 3. All other things you point out is like justifying the infantile theory that you easily get said by a ridiculant - Arsene Wenger when his arse has been whipped! by some random team from nowhere.

Its again, nonsense!

fact of the matter is: It doesnt matter whether or not you lose 0 -1 or manage to steal a draw from the throes of a win with Korea!!! Imagine, Korea. You lose You lose. You win, you are everything.

Amodu - and it is nothing personal, as I am aware there are far more serious coach than him in 9ija - should have been the coach of Nigeria in South Africa! All he had to do was qualify; And he did.

There are no Ifs. no Buts! And its is ridiculous rationalisations as you are involuntarily doing over there, that ensures those pack of brainless-ness inside NFA thru Aso Rock gets away with being conned. It Riles.

Dapxin
Jun 24, 2010, 01:48 AM
^ NAR,

where fufu is and gaari is ?

NextLevel
Jun 24, 2010, 02:16 AM
Dapxin,

Your passion exceeds your substantive analysis immensely. Lagerback lost two games and drew one. All games were lost under circumstances that could not be attributed to him, and the one thing that could be attributed to him (the quality of strategic play and team cohesiveness) was better in those games to anyone who has followed the team the past few months.

This doesn't mean that he must be kept. There may be other reasons to complain about his hiring or to reject him. But how well the Eagles performed is not one of them.

No one complained about losing to Egypt or Ghana just because of the results. The problem was the quality of play, both from a strategic and tactical standpoint. I have no problem with Nigeria going in a different direction with respect to coaches, but keeping Lagerback would not be a bad decision if his job is to coach Nigeria.

Dapxin
Jun 24, 2010, 02:33 AM
NL,

I dont quite understand what you mean by passion v analysis bla bla, nor do I care.

I like to think myself not as passionate super eagles supporter. I watch football - anyone of it at all - for purely entertainment purposes and that is it.

But I have watched and infact played via secondary school for long enough to know how it goes.

The notion that you can separate / associate 'play' from/with coaching is one of the most hotly debated topic in football circuits.

Still, the objective of the game at a tournament level -specially the World Cup - is to win games. It doesnt matter how it is done. It is more laudable when it is done rightly.

Barcelona plays some of planet earth's finest football but Jose Mourinho wins and wins all the time (against 'em) - with 9/10 fan already struggling with sleep...

To say the quality of the play has been good when you lost x 3 ( I see the Korea game a loss ) doesnt make sense. It simply is insane

Dapxin
Jun 24, 2010, 03:22 AM
and an insightful read...http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/timvickery/2010/06/south_american_stars_shine_in.html

South American stars shine in South Africa

Post categories: Football (http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/timvickery/football/)
Tim Vickery (http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/timvickery/tim_vickery/) | <ABBR class=published title=2010-06-21T14:22:18+00:00>14:22 UK time, Monday, 21 June 2010</ABBR>
<!-- clearing -->

The time for definitive conclusions on the World Cup (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/default.stm) is 12 July. Until then, as we have already seen, Monday's marvel can easily be transformed into Friday's flop (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8749191.stm). On what has been served up so far, though, it is safe enough to argue that Brazil look best equipped to win the competition.
The 2010 model might not be the easiest Brazil (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/groups_and_teams/team/brazil)side to love but it is one of the hardest to beat. Well balanced, physically and mentally strong, sure of what it is doing and blessed with deadlock-breaking moments of individual magic, Dunga's team will take some stopping.
This is hardly a surprise. In South Africa, Brazil are reproducing the form that lead them, along with Spain (http://spain.worldcupblog.org/), to be considered pre-tournament favourites.
What might be more of a shock is that Brazil are leading such a strong contingent from their own continent. With an accumulated seven wins and two draws, this has been South America's World Cup so far.

True, Chile could have a problem. Spain losing to Switzerland (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/16/spain-switzerland-world-cup-match-report) was a bad result for La Furia, but it was even worse for the Chileans, who now may end up needing a draw against the Spaniards to survive.
Paraguay and Uruguay are not there yet, but they are close.
And only a spectacular collapse will prevent Argentina from reaching the last 16.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/timvickery/vickery_argen_gett595.jpg
<SMALL>Argentina players celebrate after beating South Korea 4-1 in their first round match </SMALL>
Of course, they all might get knocked out before the quarter-finals. It is nothing more than a promising start. But a pattern has emerged. Without suffering a single defeat, the South Americans have seen off three African sides, two from Asia and one each from Europe and Central America.
And more than the results, what has caught the eye is the conviction of the performances and the ambition of the players.
It is true that every World Cup outside Europe has always been won by a South American side. But this time the continent appears to have more strength in depth - certainly when compared with 2002 in Japan and South Korea (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport3/worldcup2002/default.stm), when Argentina, Uruguay and Ecuador fell in the group stages and Paraguay just sneaked into the second round.
So what has changed? Part of the credit can be apportioned to the marathon format of World Cup qualifiers in South America, where all the countries play each other home and away. This started in 1996 and has clearly had an effect.
Before, there could be huge gaps - sometimes of years - between competitive matches. But since 1996, the South Americans have enjoyed the kind of structure that the European national teams take for granted, with regular qualifying matches. Remember that there are no qualifiers for the Copa America (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_Am%C3%A9rica). That means South American countries can invest in a project, employ a coach for the long term and build a team.
This only brings parity with Europe, of course. What is tipping the balance?
In a tournament of cautious, compact teams, there is nothing that destabilises a defence like a dribbler, an individual who in the blink of an eye can take two or three opponents out of the game. This is a South American speciality.
Players like Argentina's Lionel Messi, Alexis Sanchez of Chile (http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/photogallery/gallery=773787.html) or Uruguay's Luis Suarez are part of the continent's footballing essence, with a low centre of gravity and full of tricks they can pull off at pace.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/timvickery/vick_sanchez_AP595.jpg<SMALL>Chile's Alexis Sanchez practices his skills in training</SMALL>
Many in the European game lament the decline of informal street, park and wasteland football, which they blame for the absence of this type of player. Indeed, the European national teams seem full of stale academy products, technically competent but without the spark that cannot be taught, the spontaneous generation of ideas that comes from imagination.
Messi, Sanchez, Suarez - they all have this. They grew up with informal football. Their time with European clubs has given them the rest. Argentina's 1986 centre forward Jorge Valdano once described Messi as a synthesis of street football (http://www.streetfootballworld.org/aboutus)in his homeland and the Barcelona academy - an excellent observation.
All five South American sides at the World Cup can also count on considerable firepower. All five want to bring their front players into the game.
Uruguay did little against France, likewise Paraguay against Italy. But on neither occasion was there an intention to be negative. They found the rhythm, pressing and athleticism of their opponents hard to combat and were unable to retain enough possession to be dangerous.
In general, though, the South Americans have gone out to impose themselves on a game. Some of the European teams seem obsessed with waiting in their own half and only springing out in numbers when their opponent makes a mistake.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/timvickery/vick_martino_getty595.jpg<SMALL>Paraguay manager Gerardo Martino marshalls his side in their Group F victory over Slovakia</SMALL>
I especially enjoyed the words of Gerardo Martino (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup-2010/teams/paraguay/7767712/Gerardo-Martino-Paraguay-coach-at-World-Cup-2010.html), Paraguay's impressive coach, after his side had beaten Slovakia. Many would have basked in the glory of the moment. Martino, though, took the opportunity to criticize his team's second-half performance. "We forgot our good moment in the first half and resorted to pumping long balls forward," he said. "That's not what we want to do, unless the strength of our opponent obliges us to."
If a country such as Paraguay - poor and with a population little greater than six million - can set such a standard for itself, then why cannot more of the European teams do the same?

Comments on the piece in the space provided. Questions on South American football to vickerycolumn@hotmail.com, and I'll pick out a couple for next week.
From last week's postbag;

You got it right. Truly you were spot on. The Germans couldn't deal with the euphoria, the expectation was high. The Argentine team is looking better. Angel di Maria was OK against the Koreans after Nigeria's Sani Kaita (now vilified at home) kept him quiet. Over here in Nigeria, it's blame game and calculations. People are turning to mathematicians to see how we can qualify. Tell Diego to help us. We are praying.
Azubike Finecountry

You give me too much credit! I honestly cannot say that I predicted Germany would lose to Serbia, only that making a great start to the World Cup can cause problems and it would be interesting to see how the Germans, as a young side, would deal with them. Klose, Podolski and Kaita, who you mentioned, are good examples of how the World Cup can quickly turn heroes into villains.
Argentina will make plenty of changes for the match against Greece, but it is likely that Messi will play and the reserves will want to show something. But Argentina cannot take their foot completely off the peddle because a place in the last 16 is not 100% guaranteed.
If Nigeria do not beat South Korea, then from a Nigerian point of view it hardly matters what Argentina do.

Auspicious
Jun 24, 2010, 05:46 AM
This is beyond pathetic! That anyone would be advocating that this failed coach be allowed to keep his job????? Good God in heaven, WHAT IS WRONG WITH AFRICANS? Oh! I get it. Massa is always right! Lagerbeer is massa whose very essence, by virtue of his pigmentation evokes confidence amongst timid, clueless Africans, therefore his failures must be overlooked or underplayed. Chei! How pitiful! How pathetic!! Abegi, make una kukuma make am presido of Naija now, abi?

Fcuk you for imputing that to which I do not subscribe to my comment.

What is pathetic and disgraceful is NOT my expressed thoughts here;

What is pathetic is your judging me by pathetic standard of thought.

And for that, shame on your pathetic, character-assassin soul.

You know NOTHING about Africans.

Much less my Auspicious self.
--

OweEse
Jun 24, 2010, 06:24 AM
I love the Americans! What a surprise that goal was in the 92nd minute of the game. Now if only England could adopt the same 'fight to the death' attitude.

Well done to both teams and Ghana for making it through to the last 16. Go Eng-ger-LAND!!!

Mikky jaga
Jun 24, 2010, 07:54 AM
The result is very clear!!

Lagerback's greatest achievement, according to his song writers, is that he instilled discipline in the team. The result shows that a member of his team was disgraced worldwide for indiscipline.

Amodu's greatest fault, according to his haters was that his players did not have confidence in him. The result shows that none of his players ever called him the worst coach ever or condemn openly his selection of players.

Those that want to be deluded can go ahead. Lagerback failed on every score that Amodu passed brilliantly.

If Amodu will accept to come back, there is nothing wrong with that. He has better credentials, results wise, than any of the local coaches. The only problem is that NFF will have to cough out more than the miserly amount he received under the present contract. And of course, the condition for breach would be spelled out clearly.

Mikky jaga
Jun 24, 2010, 07:59 AM
Fcuk you for imputing that to which I do not subscribe to my comment.

What is pathetic and disgraceful is NOT my expressed thoughts here;

What is pathetic is your judging me by pathetic standard of thought.

And for that, shame on your pathetic, character-assassin soul.

You know NOTHING about Africans.

Much less my Auspicious self.
--

Sorry, Auspy, That must have hurt so deeply. I support you on this score. There is a way of telling the truth without being too brutally frank like that guy did.

Please, forgive him for he knoweth not what he doeth.

Ishola Taiwo
Jun 24, 2010, 08:13 AM
So, all those who think StarLager should be allowed to continue mesmerising and delighting Nigerian football with his silky (and urbane) mediocre skills also probably think that :

Obasanjo should have been allowed his third term. He may have eventually done the right things.
Aoondakaa should still be the Attorney General. He may have eventually understood his obligations.
Babangida should be allowed another chance to 'lead' Nigeria. He has experience and will probably do it right this time.
PDP should be allowed to dominate all politics in Nigeria. They haven't done much; all symptoms of the long-running malaise are still present but, many of the PDP ogas know how to wear suits, agbada, and babanriga. Surely this must mean that they are also very intelligent.

:lol: :lol:

Na wetin man no go hear from dis Nija peepul.

Ladies and gentlemen, after 50 years of study, I have discovered the secret ingredient that goes into making the weird creature that is sometimes known as the 'worldly-wise' Nigerian:

Take one dash of half-sense.
Add two dashes of stubborness.
Stir vigorously.

And voila!! (as we say in all good gordon blue ristorantes) you have an entity who, even after it becomes plain for all to see what the indisputable truth of the matter is, will still cling with all its might to that which has no substance - because, "its mine!!".

NoLongThing
Jun 24, 2010, 10:28 AM
My position on this matter has yet to change right from when this debate first started. Despite my frustrations with our shambolic preparations, when the die was cast I wished the Super Eagles the best of luck even though I had always argued that the fault lies not with either Amodu nor with Laggerback but with the NFF who took the most ridiculous decision to get rid of Amodu three months before a world cup thereby effectively taking us back to the drawing board.

Amodu had a mandate which he fulfilled whether by luck or otherwise but he delivered on what was expected of him and what one would have expected whatever his deficiencies, is that he would have been supported by a team of technical advisers to help solidify those areas in which we had problems. That Laggerback took on this well paying job and effectively had only three weeks to prepare the team for a competition of this magnitude was simply unbelievable and the chickens have of course come home to roost.

I blame the Football Federation for our shameful display at this world. Amodu, Laggerback and the Super Eagles fans were victims of this bunch of clueless administrators that hold sway over the direction of our football.

NextLevel
Jun 24, 2010, 11:15 AM
NL,

I dont quite understand what you mean by passion v analysis bla bla, nor do I care.

Then why are you responding? And why doesn't passion exceed analysis if a team lost 2 games and you are claiming it lost 3? To turn a draw into a loss means that you are imagining facts, not analyzing them.

I like to think myself not as passionate super eagles supporter. I watch football - anyone of it at all - for purely entertainment purposes and that is it.

But I have watched and infact played via secondary school for long enough to know how it goes.

The notion that you can separate / associate 'play' from/with coaching is one of the most hotly debated topic in football circuits.

Still, the objective of the game at a tournament level -specially the World Cup - is to win games. It doesnt matter how it is done. It is more laudable when it is done rightly.

Barcelona plays some of planet earth's finest football but Jose Mourinho wins and wins all the time (against 'em) - with 9/10 fan already struggling with sleep...

To say the quality of the play has been good when you lost x 3 ( I see the Korea game a loss ) doesnt make sense. It simply is insane

So in other words, all that matters to you is the result. So when we saw Spain vs. Switzerland, we say Switzerland is the better team because Spain lost? Or we say that Serbia is better than Germany because Serbia beat Germany after Klose was red-carded and Podolski missed many chances?

We all know that soccer is a large combination of skill and luck at the highest level, so all you want is a team that is fit and has a plan and for the most part executes the plan. The individual events, you blame on the players - Kaita's red card for example. But if you think that Odemwingie should have started, blame that on the coach. I don't know how anyone who watched the Nations Cup, not matter how disappointed they may have been with our team, could seriously come to the conclusion that this wasn't an improvement.

I was one of those who felt that Amodu should have been kept on principle. But should that blind me to the fact that the team played with more purpose under Lagerback? Maybe Lagerback was just lucky and the small sample of games is not representative, but if it is, it says something.

The rationale of my argument is clear. I know you disagree with the conclusion for reasons other than my argument's reasoning, and I understand why you disagree. What I do not understand is why you want to replace my argument for my conclusion with yours.

No Smoking
Jun 24, 2010, 11:52 AM
The world football governing body ......also encouraged the government to get a good coach that will work on a longer term, blaming Nigeria and other countries like Cote d' Ivoire's poor run at the World Cup on lack of continuity. FIFA posited that it will be impossible for a coach to turn a team around in two months when he is just getting to know most the players. - Vanguard Online

O-ho. Sebi we talk am.

DeepThought
Jun 24, 2010, 12:49 PM
O-ho. Sebi we talk am.

You talk wetin. And who are you? Who are you? Are you even a white man?
Nonesense, you're probably not even half white.

Hey Mr Man, what is your problem? Don't you know our hero had only 3 weeks to prepare? Don't you know the boys didn't play well and it is their individual fault?
Don't you know they played better this time around?
Don't you know this, don't you know that?
Emmm.??..don't you know...eerrr???.....don't you know ...ummmhhhh?....

It doesn't even matter jor, gerrout and leave us alone. Oyinbo foreverrrrrr!!!!

Mikky jaga
Jun 24, 2010, 02:02 PM
My position on this matter has yet to change right from when this debate first started. Despite my frustrations with our shambolic preparations, when the die was cast I wished the Super Eagles the best of luck even though I had always argued that the fault lies not with either Amodu nor with Laggerback but with the NFF who took the most ridiculous decision to get rid of Amodu three months before a world cup thereby effectively taking us back to the drawing board.

Amodu had a mandate which he fulfilled whether by luck or otherwise but he delivered on what was expected of him and what one would have expected whatever his deficiencies, is that he would have been supported by a team of technical advisers to help solidify those areas in which we had problems. That Laggerback took on this well paying job and effectively had only three weeks to prepare the team for a competition of this magnitude was simply unbelievable and the chickens have of course come home to roost.

I blame the Football Federation for our shameful display at this world. Amodu, Laggerback and the Super Eagles fans were victims of this bunch of clueless administrators that hold sway over the direction of our football.

Actually, if you are going this way, you should not blame the NFF. Those guys vowed to sink or swim with Amodu until the useless PTF people came in and threatened the NFF crowd with no return if Amodu stayed. That was when the greedy ones saw their opportunity to loot the treasury and... the rest is now history.

Mikky jaga
Jun 24, 2010, 02:09 PM
I don't know how anyone who watched the Nations Cup, not matter how disappointed they may have been with our team, could seriously come to the conclusion that this wasn't an improvement.

Please, NL can you be specific on what areas of improvement you noticed in this team compared to the team in Angola?

You mean they scored more goals per matches played, or they were able to defend set pieces better, or they too could convert half chances to goals, or they could score more set pieces than the Angolan team?

In what specific areas were they better?

Dapxin
Jun 24, 2010, 02:35 PM
Then why are you responding? And why doesn't passion exceed analysis if a team lost 2 games and you are claiming it lost 3? To turn a draw into a loss means that you are imagining facts, not analyzing them.

So in other words, all that matters to you is the result. So when we saw Spain vs. Switzerland, we say Switzerland is the better team because Spain lost? Or we say that Serbia is better than Germany because Serbia beat Germany after Klose was red-carded and Podolski missed many chances?

We all know that soccer is a large combination of skill and luck at the highest level, so all you want is a team that is fit and has a plan and for the most part executes the plan. The individual events, you blame on the players - Kaita's red card for example. But if you think that Odemwingie should have started, blame that on the coach. I don't know how anyone who watched the Nations Cup, not matter how disappointed they may have been with our team, could seriously come to the conclusion that this wasn't an improvement.

The rationale of my argument is clear. I know you disagree with the conclusion for reasons other than my argument's reasoning, and I understand why you disagree. What I do not understand is why you want to replace my argument for my conclusion with yours.

E gba mi. The object of playing group WC matches is to qualify.

3 games to play. As it stood with korea, Nigeria's super ducks had to win 1, they couldnt. They failed to qualify. 1 -1 / 2 -2 / 100 - 100; It doesnt matter. They lose out.

That's the big picture.

Or put another way; If / when Spain qualifies to the next round - who cares / remembers they lost out to Switzerland ?

-----------------------

Who cares who the better team was, If you win ? ( where win is win enough to qualify ? ) that's the point; All that matters is win @ the WC / tourney level.

Greece is one time european champions - who remembers how sleep inducing their games was ? All they had to do was win, and they found a way to do it v (all the European traditional houses).

It is more glorious, If you blast everyone off on the way to doing it, but it is not essential. Even Brazil, Now! they play with organised caution;

--------------------------
Its good you agreed Amodu should have been kept. It is a matter of principle, You should have stuck to it. Its the overall inability of folks, especially in and around Abuja - that godforsaken capital of a thoroughly brainless mirage: Nigeria - to put their feet down when it matters, that we are where we are: Being outrightly conned by a fat Swede yet again to worldcup hopelessness.

Few Qs.
- Has/ Will an Amodu be given the amount of support a LaggingBehind gets ?
- Even at the most basic level, Nigeria's brainless NFA is content to pay the Oyinbo 4-1-9 man more than he pays his own version ? why ?
- If Amodu is not good enough, Is it out of the way for the NFA to organise to train him ?
- If Amodu qualified the team -however bizzarely they played at the qualifiers, and my god I cant state this over enough, even Maradona's ones were more abject! - what is the rationale in replacing him with a FAIL from europe ?
- If Maradona's same group of players, are now rated as one of the tournaments favourites, Is that not enough statistical basis to conjecture, Amodu's group (whoever they might be heading into SA) would turn out the same ?

Face it, and I guess some of you understand it; Amodu's replacement and support from such places as here validates a way of thinking, a deficit of stubborness, that's has continued to destroy the aspirational energies of an everyday Nigeria, so far as it goes to support the theory that, at everything, at the highest level, a Nigerian, heck! a Blackman simply is not up to the task. Of course, Its nonsense, but have we been brave enough to confront it! and its proponents ?

Improvements - however fuzzy - should never come at the expense of psychological, long-term, and default, and yes! Bigger damage!

Btw, Its all academic, we all know Nigeria's NFA is too full of craploads of men; Even if LaggerBehind decides to stay ( which he wont ) they are too brilliant at the stupidity that it takes to keep him. They wont.

Felix
Jun 24, 2010, 02:44 PM
So we drew 2:2 with the Koreans, lost 1:0 to the Argentines and 2:1 to Greece under Lagerback and because of that Amodu is already being missed? Honestly, I expected Lars to do better especially againts the Greeks and Koreans but if you are going to use these results to promote Amodu, you need to remember that Ghanas under 23 trounced this same Eagles under Mr Shuiabu at the Nations cup few months ago! Who knows wether the rezsult would have been worse under Amodu at the WC..Nothing that happened within the last few days helps Amodus case. Eagles need a long term manger with a good grasp of modern tactics of the game. African or not. Skin color should not really be a serious issue here. But if we insist that it must be Africans, then lets have the likes of Keshi, Siasia, Emenalo, Amokatchie, Eguavoen etc..., any one of those ex-internationals that either played recently or have been coaching actively all this time. Not another Amodu, Emetole, Onigbinde, Sinclair, Peters, Amun and co..These ones should be left to enjoy their retirement. They cant command enough respect from these boys and they are easily out monauvered by their counterparts because of the retarded nature of the Nigerian league where they spend most of their time.

Mikky jaga
Jun 24, 2010, 02:44 PM
Some food for thought, from another site!!

I Don't understand why everyone is geting things mixed up over Yakubu,
this guy did not miss any goal...He just kicked away the ball that was aiming into the net.....

Its a shame that every one is now complaining about lager back... i remmenber when i was the dark sheep of the forum after insisting that a coach that could not qualify his country to world cup should not use nigeria as a dumping ground...
But nff fooled some of us into reasoning with them just because of the commission that may accrue to them in a new deal which amodu could not present them

I can bet on any thing that any how, any where, with any method...Amodu would have qualified us from this cheap group in the mundial whether playing well or not(afterall his team plays better than that of the special one).......at least england managed to qualify and their fans appreciate that unlike playing ****nal football and loosing like Nigeria...

if maradona that was mauled wait for it...6-1!!! by bolivia could qualify with 9 points after their country kept faith with him for continuity sake.... why could't we....80% of greece players play in greece but we did not consider any one in that country good enough to represent us.. yet we were humbled by them...

as far as am concern argentina beat us 5-0 but for enyeama.. .

Lagerback Ngr gave the worst african display...compared to algeria's fine display against england,... cameroon late rally....or south africa fintness....we all know the under 21 boys of ghana still remains the best.. yet Lagerback collected 50m from us and anhiliated our global reputation....

same mistake we made with berti vogts...

same with multivitamin after Shaibu laboured to qualify us fom where a certain bonfere jo left us ....

am really bleading tears....

PLS way forward ...sack lagerback now... give siasia 5 years contract... make kanu assistant coach/player stand by them and in 2014 we will all smile....

danarchy

Dapxin
Jun 24, 2010, 02:50 PM
Nothing that happened within the last few days helps Amodus case. Eagles need a long term manger with a good grasp of modern tactics of the game. African or not. Skin color should not really be a serious issue here. But if we insist that it must be Africans, then lets have the likes of Keshi, Siasia, Emenalo, Amokatchie, Eguavoen etc..., any one of those ex-internationals that either played recently or have been coaching actively all this time. Not another Amodu, Emetole, Onigbinde, Sinclair, Peters, Amun and co..

And the Amodu fate awaits them, somewhere down the road; All it takes is a few bad games. See the irony ?

See, Amodu signposts a thinking. Its not all exactly the face of the man. Amodu's predicament is a phenomenon that must be confronted not per se because of Amodu. But what it does to your proposition as I infer here.

Mikky jaga
Jun 24, 2010, 02:57 PM
So we drew 2:2 with the Koreans, lost 1:0 to the Argentines and 2:1 to Greece under Lagerback and because of that Amodu is already being missed? Honestly, I expected Lars to do better especially againts the Greeks and Koreans but if you are going to use these results to promote Amodu, you need to remember that Ghanas under 23 trounced this same Eagles under Mr Shuiabu at the Nations cup few months ago! Who knows wether the rezsult would have been worse under Amodu at the WC..Nothing that happened within the last few days helps Amodus case. Eagles need a long term manger with a good grasp of modern tactics of the game. African or not. Skin color should not really be a serious issue here. But if we insist that it must be Africans, then lets have the likes of Keshi, Siasia, Emenalo, Amokatchie, Eguavoen etc..., any one of those ex-internationals that either played recently or have been coaching actively all this time. Not another Amodu, Emetole, Onigbinde, Sinclair, Peters, Amun and co..These ones should be left to enjoy their retirement. They cant command enough respect from these boys and they are easily out monauvered by their counterparts because of the retarded nature of the Nigerian league where they spend most of their time.

Your solution that Eagles' next coach must be ex-international does not flow with reality. Yemi Tella beat the world as a coach, he was not known to be an ex international. John Obuh performed wonders with the U17, he has successfully graduated majority of them into the flying Eagles, yet he was not known to be an ex international.

That Nigerian players respect white man more than Nigerian coaches is the fault of Nigerian administrators that would not give Nigerians the same working conditions they give the white men.

Felix
Jun 24, 2010, 03:05 PM
And the Amodu fate awaits them, somewhere down the road; All it takes is a few bad games. See the irony ?

See, Amodu signposts a thinking. Its not all exactly the face of the man. Amodu's predicament is a phenomenon that must be confronted not per se because of Amodu. But what it does to your proposition as I infer here.

I am with you 90% here. In the sense that we seldom sorround indigenous coaches with the same bewildering level of worship that we always reserve for the white guys...But then Oyibo coaches have been fired/forced out of the Eagles many times before as well..., because of bad results. Vogts,Hoenner,White wtch doctor , etc. Hire and fire is a must with the NFA because somebody must collect his fresh 10?% with a every fresh contract. Transforming football management in Nigeria is the key. You will always have square pegs in round holes if every administrator at the glass house is there to loot at all costs..

Felix
Jun 24, 2010, 03:19 PM
Your solution that Eagles' next coach must be ex-international does not flow with reality. Yemi Tella beat the world as a coach, he was not known to be an ex international. John Obuh performed wonders with the U17, he has successfully graduated majority of them into the flying Eagles, yet he was not known to be an ex international.

That Nigerian players respect white man more than Nigerian coaches is the fault of Nigerian administrators that would not give Nigerians the same working conditions they give the white men.

Just saw yours..., looks like my response to dapxins also took care of most of what you said in ur post...Suffice it to say that your example with the under 17 is atrocious! Why? Every Nigerian know that most of the guys playing for the eaglets most times are over 25! You know this too but you will like to pretend like this is no big deal, it is. Old men overpowered young lads in thiose examples you gave.., simple. Without taking anything away from those managers, the fact still remains that if Nigerias scintilating performances in the under 17 category could be used as a yardstick to predict baba eagles performance at the world cup, then everybody should be expecting Eagles to always be either the winners or runners up! There is a reason we always win with the age-group categories and implode when old men meet fellow old men..Na lie?

Dapxin
Jun 24, 2010, 03:19 PM
Hire and fire is a must with the NFA because somebody must collect his fresh 10?% with a every fresh contract. Transforming football management in Nigeria is the key. You will always have square pegs in round holes if every administrator at the glass house is there to loot at all costs..^

Felix. You hit jo; Nigeria's football is on a speedboat into the reverse for exactly that. Its the root of the issue.

DeepThought
Jun 24, 2010, 04:20 PM
And the Amodu fate awaits them, somewhere down the road;
All it takes is a few bad games. See the irony ?

Thanks Dapxin.

Its not about the man. Its about a way of doing things, a way of thinking

See, Amodu signposts a thinking. Its not all exactly the face of the man. Amodu's predicament is a phenomenon that must be confronted not per se because of Amodu. But what it does to your proposition as I infer here

Its impossible for some people to understand this.....

Mikky jaga
Jun 24, 2010, 04:47 PM
Just saw yours..., looks like my response to dapxins also took care of most of what you said in ur post...Suffice it to say that your example with the under 17 is atrocious! Why? Every Nigerian know that most of the guys playing for the eaglets most times are over 25! You know this too but you will like to pretend like this is no big deal, it is. Old men overpowered young lads in thiose examples you gave.., simple. Without taking anything away from those managers, the fact still remains that if Nigerias scintilating performances in the under 17 category could be used as a yardstick to predict baba eagles performance at the world cup, then everybody should be expecting Eagles to always be either the winners or runners up! There is a reason we always win with the age-group categories and implode when old men meet fellow old men..Na lie?

The reason we do not translate our successes at the youth level to the senior level is what we just witnessed in this WC. Too many clueless people handling the senior team.

The youth teams that performed better are usually the ones nobody paid any attention to, hence selection and training were not interfered with

Auspicious
Jun 24, 2010, 04:54 PM
So, all those who think StarLager should be allowed to continue mesmerising and delighting Nigerian football with his silky (and urbane) mediocre skills also probably think that :

Obasanjo should have been allowed his third term. He may have eventually done the right things.
Aoondakaa should still be the Attorney General. He may have eventually understood his obligations.
Babangida should be allowed another chance to 'lead' Nigeria. He has experience and will probably do it right this time.
PDP should be allowed to dominate all politics in Nigeria. They haven't done much; all symptoms of the long-running malaise are still present but, many of the PDP ogas know how to wear suits, agbada, and babanriga. Surely this must mean that they are also very intelligent.

Ladies and gentlemen, after 50 years of study, I have discovered the secret ingredient that goes into making the weird creature that is sometimes known as the 'worldly-wise' Nigerian:

Take one dash of half-sense.
Add two dashes of stubborness.
Stir vigorously.

And voila!! (as we say in all good gordon blue ristorantes) you have an entity who, even after it becomes plain for all to see what the indisputable truth of the matter is, will still cling with all its might to that which has no substance - because, "its mine!!".

Behold, as we use our 'entertainment genius' to indulge in mischievous conflation to obfuscate bare-naked reality and thereafter attempt to run away with it all. Lagerback may or may not be qualified to lead the Eagles to a future El-dorado, but we don't have to give a Dog a bad name to hang it. Hence, the following:

Unlike your "Lagerbeer", Obasanjo was mandated to serve 2 terms of 8 years ONLY.
-
Unlike your "Lagerbehind", Aondoakaa was a manipulative thief and cheat with no honor or integrity.
-
Unlike your "Lagerback", Badamasi Babangida deliberately denied Nigerians of their dues again and again.

Na wetin? Wetin man nor go hear from peepu wey jus' wan 'win' at all costs?

After 50 years of study (and meditation), I too have discovered that the so-called 'secret ingredient' that I searched for all the way to Sokoto (State) was right in my Sokoto (trouser). And now, I am delighted to report that I know what it takes to 'create' a typical Nigerian factotum:

i]. Grab a massive bucket of exaggeration.

ii]. Dump it on a nuanced cup of realism.

iii]. Begin chanting self-congratulatory incantations incessantly.

And Gbosaa! (As we say in our Village of No Regrets), you don win! You may then issue forth a shout of "Eureka!", believing you have invented the best lie-bursting process ever known to man, much less to those funny Nigerians. Next is to begin the process of earning a Copyright for your invention.

Oboye, Na Waya!
--

Auspicious
Jun 24, 2010, 05:02 PM

Thank You.

As it is with Football Administration in Nigeria,

So it is with Government Administration in Nigeria.
--

Mikky jaga
Jun 24, 2010, 05:30 PM
Good news, Nigeria has gotten some illustrious companies at the bottom of their groups standings:

France, Italy are some of the new companies. It certainly will not be lonely for Lagerback at the bottom there

Dapxin
Jun 24, 2010, 05:31 PM
^

Auspicious,

Q. Pick up a self respecting, not-running-for-it-for-the-money coach anywhere and pose this question, seeking a honest answer;

Is it possible to do anything tangible with a national team, in a country you dont know, where you have not lived, within 3 weeks of football contact

I am not a football coach, but I can say with 99% degree of conjecture the answer will be in the negative.

Therefore, I put it to you that, even though commercially mr. LaggerBeer can be excused, much as a Gani Fawenhimi representing an IBB in court is not commericaly wrong, It doesnt exculpate moral bankruptcy; or how can I put this? clean ddubious defrauding!

LaggerBehind is a thief; Just a tad better than his clown friends @ NFA!

NextLevel
Jun 24, 2010, 06:09 PM
Please, NL can you be specific on what areas of improvement you noticed in this team compared to the team in Angola?

You mean they scored more goals per matches played, or they were able to defend set pieces better, or they too could convert half chances to goals, or they could score more set pieces than the Angolan team?

In what specific areas were they better?

All of the above and all this against higher quality opposition!

omaks
Jun 24, 2010, 07:47 PM
Government to disband Eagles (Click Here) (http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201006241430650)

...and there waqs my naive self thinking that Lagerback was the one in charge of team selection. Either that or our Government still haven't got a clue as to what their role in our society really is. Now someone should educate me more. Was our government the ones responsible for bringing the 'Eagles Team' together? How will disbanding 'the Eagles' change anything? Is it not these same players they will later on recall to the same team they disbanded?

Anyway you look at it in truth, our government is responsible for our footballing woes. Also, isn't there a fifa clause that forbids government interference in all footballing matters? Well, i'm curiously watching from the stands what will happen if this genius idea by the government is actually carried out.

omaks
Jun 24, 2010, 08:34 PM
^

Auspicious,

Q. Pick up a self respecting, not-running-for-it-for-the-money coach anywhere and pose this question, seeking a honest answer;

I am not a football coach, but I can say with 99% degree of conjecture the answer will be in the negative.

Therefore, I put it to you that, even though commercially mr. LaggerBeer can be excused, much as a Gani Fawenhimi representing an IBB in court is not commericaly wrong, It doesnt exculpate moral bankruptcy; or how can I put this? clean ddubious defrauding!

LaggerBehind is a thief; Just a tad better than his clown friends @ NFA!

SENTIMENTS!!!! That's the reason we will always fall short of our ambitions and desires as a country. Amodu was shi - t in terms of tactical nuance and technical dexterity. The only plus while he was in charge was that he got Nigeria huffing and puffing through to the World Cup in South Africa.Would he have faired any better than Lagerback? NO!! In fact our display would have been even attrocious than what we saw under Lagerback.

Make no mistake, my problem with Lagerback's appointment (and it would have been the same for any other coach foreign or local), is THE TIMING. Amodu should have been replaced after the first round of qualifying, and having not done that he should have been left to swin of sink with the raft he was stirring. Now, can Lagerback be successful with 'The Eagles'? Maybe. Should he get an extended run? YES, but the moment it becomes glaring to all that he cannot add any intrinsic value tothe improvement of our National team, he should be sent packing. That would be measured during the qualiying games for the next AFN.

No Smoking
Jun 24, 2010, 10:07 PM
From Omak's link in post #953: It was learnt that the body (NSC) would meet with the chieftains of the Nigeria Football Federation on the development.

Goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama is being tipped to lead the new-look Eagles that will comprise home-based players and players from the national age-limit teams.

The government is not happy with the performance of the national team at the first World Cup to be hosted in Africa and has decided to act.

Our correspondent learnt that the NSC would encourage the NFF to retain coach Lars Lagerback to enable the country to build a formidable team.

The FG better learn to act within the FIFA rules, else they'll bag another round of suspension.

Home-based players don't hold the solution to achieving acceptable performance. The international exposure gained by our men from the diaspora enables them to play with confidence. They already know and play with or against the star players on the world scene. That is an invaluable resource that must not be neglected.

So Sue Me
Jun 25, 2010, 12:45 AM
The following phone conversation transpired recently between Lagerback and a bank official in Switzerland:

Bank Official: Welcome to extremely crooked bank of Switzerland, where we help drug dealers, mafioso, mass murders and other miscreants hide the blood money they stole from innocent people. How may I help you?

Lagerback: This is Lars Lagerback here. Just calling to verify the details of the account I opened with the money I got from those gullible monkeys in Nigeria who were stupid enough to hire an incompetent clod like myself.

Bank Official: Oh everything is fine, mister Lagerback. And yes, we do have quite a few of those moronic, greedy Nigerian politicians depositing money stolen from the Nigerian people. I assure you everything is alright with your money.

Suddenly, Lagerback is interrupted by one of the mental slaves who supported his appointment when he spots lagerback in the hotel lobby.

Mental slave: (behaving in a very abject manner, as the colo mentality-afflicted imbeciles are wont to do) Oga sir, Mr Lagerback. I just wanted to congratulate you on your performance...

Lagerback: (Visibly offended) How dare you address me with such familiarity, you impetinent swine? Don't you know your place, you officious, educated cretin?

Mental Slave: Sorry, sir. I just wanted to congrat...

Lagerback:Congratulate me for what? If you and your fellow countrymen weren't so mesmerised by the white man, you would have been able to see that Amodu is so much more qualified than I am.

Slave:No, sir...

Lagerback: Yes, he is. Why do you think I couldn't qualify Sweden, huh?

Slave: Yes, but we do not believe that a white man is ever wrong.

Lagerback: That is because you are servile buffoons. Now be off with you. I don't want to be seen talking to you.

Slave: Yessir! But please, can I shine your shoe or wash your car?

Lagerback: Get lost, you oaf!

Vade Mecum
Jun 25, 2010, 01:27 AM
Just like Achan sinned in the Holy Bible, the NFF sinned by stealing the fruit of Amodu's labour

Just like the Isrealites sufferred a terrible defeat due to Achan's sin, the super Eagles suffered three terrible defeats due to the sin of the NFF

Read and be wise oh ye people......

Joshua 7

Achan's Sin

1 But the Israelites acted unfaithfully in regard to the devoted things [a] ; Achan son of Carmi, the son of Zimri, [b] the son of Zerah, of the tribe of Judah, took some of them. So the LORD's anger burned against Israel.

2 Now Joshua sent men from Jericho to Ai, which is near Beth Aven to the east of Bethel, and told them, "Go up and spy out the region." So the men went up and spied out Ai.

3 When they returned to Joshua, they said, "Not all the people will have to go up against Ai. Send two or three thousand men to take it and do not weary all the people, for only a few men are there."

4 So about three thousand men went up; but they were routed by the men of Ai,

5 who killed about thirty-six of them. They chased the Israelites from the city gate as far as the stone quarries [c] and struck them down on the slopes. At this the hearts of the people melted and became like water.

6 Then Joshua tore his clothes and fell facedown to the ground before the ark of the LORD, remaining there till evening. The elders of Israel did the same, and sprinkled dust on their heads.

7 And Joshua said, "Ah, Sovereign LORD, why did you ever bring this people across the Jordan to deliver us into the hands of the Amorites to destroy us? If only we had been content to stay on the other side of the Jordan!

8 O Lord, what can I say, now that Israel has been routed by its enemies?

9 The Canaanites and the other people of the country will hear about this and they will surround us and wipe out our name from the earth. What then will you do for your own great name?"

10 The LORD said to Joshua, "Stand up! What are you doing down on your face?

11 Israel has sinned; they have violated my covenant, which I commanded them to keep. They have taken some of the devoted things; they have stolen, they have lied, they have put them with their own possessions.

12 That is why the Israelites cannot stand against their enemies; they turn their backs and run because they have been made liable to destruction. I will not be with you anymore unless you destroy whatever among you is devoted to destruction.

13 "Go, consecrate the people. Tell them, 'Consecrate yourselves in preparation for tomorrow; for this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: That which is devoted is among you, O Israel. You cannot stand against your enemies until you remove it.

14 " 'In the morning, present yourselves tribe by tribe. The tribe that the LORD takes shall come forward clan by clan; the clan that the LORD takes shall come forward family by family; and the family that the LORD takes shall come forward man by man.

15 He who is caught with the devoted things shall be destroyed by fire, along with all that belongs to him. He has violated the covenant of the LORD and has done a disgraceful thing in Israel!' "

16 Early the next morning Joshua had Israel come forward by tribes, and Judah was taken.

17 The clans of Judah came forward, and he took the Zerahites. He had the clan of the Zerahites come forward by families, and Zimri was taken.

18 Joshua had his family come forward man by man, and Achan son of Carmi, the son of Zimri, the son of Zerah, of the tribe of Judah, was taken.

19 Then Joshua said to Achan, "My son, give glory to the LORD, [d] the God of Israel, and give him the praise. [e] Tell me what you have done; do not hide it from me."

20 Achan replied, "It is true! I have sinned against the LORD, the God of Israel. This is what I have done:

21 When I saw in the plunder a beautiful robe from Babylonia, [f] two hundred shekels [g] of silver and a wedge of gold weighing fifty shekels, [h] I coveted them and took them. They are hidden in the ground inside my tent, with the silver underneath."

22 So Joshua sent messengers, and they ran to the tent, and there it was, hidden in his tent, with the silver underneath.

23 They took the things from the tent, brought them to Joshua and all the Israelites and spread them out before the LORD.

24 Then Joshua, together with all Israel, took Achan son of Zerah, the silver, the robe, the gold wedge, his sons and daughters, his cattle, donkeys and sheep, his tent and all that he had, to the Valley of Achor.

25 Joshua said, "Why have you brought this trouble on us? The LORD will bring trouble on you today."

Then all Israel stoned him, and after they had stoned the rest, they burned them.

26 Over Achan they heaped up a large pile of rocks, which remains to this day. Then the LORD turned from his fierce anger. Therefore that place has been called the Valley of Achor [i] ever since.

Joshua 8

Ai Destroyed

1 Then the LORD said to Joshua, "Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Take the whole army with you, and go up and attack Ai. For I have delivered into your hands the king of Ai, his people, his city and his land.

2 You shall do to Ai and its king as you did to Jericho and its king, except that you may carry off their plunder and livestock for yourselves. Set an ambush behind the city."

3 So Joshua and the whole army moved out to attack Ai. He chose thirty thousand of his best fighting men and sent them out at night

4 with these orders: "Listen carefully. You are to set an ambush behind the city. Don't go very far from it. All of you be on the alert.

5 I and all those with me will advance on the city, and when the men come out against us, as they did before, we will flee from them.

6 They will pursue us until we have lured them away from the city, for they will say, 'They are running away from us as they did before.' So when we flee from them,

7 you are to rise up from ambush and take the city. The LORD your God will give it into your hand. 8 When you have taken the city, set it on fire. Do what the LORD has commanded. See to it; you have my orders."

9 Then Joshua sent them off, and they went to the place of ambush and lay in wait between Bethel and Ai, to the west of Ai - but Joshua spent that night with the people.

10 Early the next morning Joshua mustered his men, and he and the leaders of Israel marched before them to Ai.

11 The entire force that was with him marched up and approached the city and arrived in front of it. They set up camp north of Ai, with the valley between them and the city.

12 Joshua had taken about five thousand men and set them in ambush between Bethel and Ai, to the west of the city.

13 They had the soldiers take up their positions - all those in the camp to the north of the city and the ambush to the west of it. That night Joshua went into the valley.

14 When the king of Ai saw this, he and all the men of the city hurried out early in the morning to meet Israel in battle at a certain place overlooking the Arabah. But he did not know that an ambush had been set against him behind the city.

15 Joshua and all Israel let themselves be driven back before them, and they fled toward the desert.

16 All the men of Ai were called to pursue them, and they pursued Joshua and were lured away from the city.

17 Not a man remained in Ai or Bethel who did not go after Israel. They left the city open and went in pursuit of Israel.

18 Then the LORD said to Joshua, "Hold out toward Ai the javelin that is in your hand, for into your hand I will deliver the city." So Joshua held out his javelin toward Ai.

19 As soon as he did this, the men in the ambush rose quickly from their position and rushed forward. They entered the city and captured it and quickly set it on fire.

20 The men of Ai looked back and saw the smoke of the city rising against the sky, but they had no chance to escape in any direction, for the Israelites who had been fleeing toward the desert had turned back against their pursuers.

21 For when Joshua and all Israel saw that the ambush had taken the city and that smoke was going up from the city, they turned around and attacked the men of Ai.

22 The men of the ambush also came out of the city against them, so that they were caught in the middle, with Israelites on both sides. Israel cut them down, leaving them neither survivors nor fugitives.

23 But they took the king of Ai alive and brought him to Joshua.

24 When Israel had finished killing all the men of Ai in the fields and in the desert where they had chased them, and when every one of them had been put to the sword, all the Israelites returned to Ai and killed those who were in it.

25 Twelve thousand men and women fell that day - all the people of Ai.

26 For Joshua did not draw back the hand that held out his javelin until he had destroyed [a] all who lived in Ai.

27 But Israel did carry off for themselves the livestock and plunder of this city, as the LORD had instructed Joshua.

28 So Joshua burned Ai and made it a permanent heap of ruins, a desolate place to this day.

29 He hung the king of Ai on a tree and left him there until evening. At sunset, Joshua ordered them to take his body from the tree and throw it down at the entrance of the city gate. And they raised a large pile of rocks over it, which remains to this day.

The Covenant Renewed at Mount Ebal

30 Then Joshua built on Mount Ebal an altar to the LORD, the God of Israel,

31 as Moses the servant of the LORD had commanded the Israelites. He built it according to what is written in the Book of the Law of Moses - an altar of uncut stones, on which no iron tool had been used. On it they offered to the LORD burnt offerings and sacrificed fellowship offerings. [b]

32 There, in the presence of the Israelites, Joshua copied on stones the law of Moses, which he had written.

33 All Israel, aliens and citizens alike, with their elders, officials and judges, were standing on both sides of the ark of the covenant of the LORD, facing those who carried it - the priests, who were Levites. Half of the people stood in front of Mount Gerizim and half of them in front of Mount Ebal, as Moses the servant of the LORD had formerly commanded when he gave instructions to bless the people of Israel.

34 Afterward, Joshua read all the words of the law - the blessings and the curses - just as it is written in the Book of the Law.

35 There was not a word of all that Moses had commanded that Joshua did not read to the whole assembly of Israel, including the women and children, and the aliens who lived among them.

Auspicious
Jun 25, 2010, 02:46 AM
+

I hate it when we exploit what is known by many to be sacred biblical verses and injunctions to make a case that is anything but biblical. Such only leads to the kind of madness that drove the likes of Pat Robertson to issue irresponsible remarks that seemed to suggest that the Haitian earthquake disaster was the wrath of God decsended upon a sinful Haiti - or something like that. Whatever.

Some things are easily explained by common-sense: poor preparation is the harbinger of failure, and it doesn't matter whether it is Shuaibu Amodu who runs the show or Lars Lagerback who was the helm of the affairs of training of the Super Eagles in any such instance. It is therefore fraudulent - typical of 'the (corrupt) 'Nigerian Pastor' - to use the bible to manipulate this audience.
--

Auspicious
Jun 25, 2010, 02:56 AM
+

I bet you, Ladies and Gentlemen..

...that I can probably find a biblical verse or chapter or two (or more..or more..or more - a la Fela Kuti) which explains or justifies or obfucates the report below about the Eagles on the eve of their ouster from the ongoing soccer world cup tournament in South Africa. And if I can't find one, it's nothing a phone call to T.B. Joshua can't fix..
--

2010 WORLD CUP SHOCKER: Eagles pop champagne after loss
By Ade Ojeikere | The Nation (http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/football-golf-boxing/3519.html)
Friday, June 25, 2010.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/thumbnail.php?file=Martins1_404043414.jpg&size=article_medium
Nigerian Forward Obafemi Martins (r) being console by official after
Nigeria crashed out of the world cup

STUNNED waiters at the Riverside Hotel and Spa in Johannesburg watched in awe as some Super Eagles stars (names withheld) washed down their sorrow from Tuesday night's ouster from the South Africa 2010 World Cup competition with several bottles of choice champagne.

The players, NationSport gathered left their secured rooms at on fifth floor to the bar at about 2am and drank themselves to stupour, chanting songs and clinging glasses as the bubbly liquor took its toll on their senses.

As their noise reached crescendo, a female reporter, who was apparently disturbed from her sleep sneaked out of her room to capture the show of shame with her recording machine.

But the reporter's plot was foiled by the alertness of an equally drunk Eagles' player who rushed to where she was hiding to seize the camera.

It took the intervention of the security men in the hotel to avert a major crisis as the reporter showed that she had not commenced recording the scene.

With the matter settled, the players went back to their rooms shamelessly.

NationSport source could not confirm if the matter was reported to chieftains of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) since the bar where the act occurred is situated underground.

Auspicious
Jun 25, 2010, 03:08 AM
+

This one too should have a biblical verse to support it.

Maybe "the thief cometh in the night to steal, kill and destroy"?

At least it will serve the purpose of those who currently hate the team.
--

Eagles Sneak In
Akeem Lawal | The Nation (http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/3543.html)
Friday, June 25, 2010

The Super Eagles sneaked into the country last night from South Africa amid tight security at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos.

Only 10 players namely, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Osaze Odemwigie, Rabiu Afolabi, Haruna Lukman, Dickson Etuhu, Kalu Uche, Austin Ejide, Yusuf Ayila, Obafemi Martins, Danny ****tu and Brown Ideye were on board the South African Airways that touched down at 9pm.

They were immediately moved to the VIP lounge by the security details along with members of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and the technical crew. Eagles' Chief Coach Lars Lagerback did not make the trip. He returned to his country, Sweden. (AUSPY: Ah, this is how Judas betrayed Jesus!!!:lol:)

Security men had a herculean task controlling the crowd who turned out to vent their anger on the players for the disastrous outing at the tournament.

For close to an hour, they refused to come out from the VIP lounge of the arrival hall until they were assured of their safety. (AUSPY: Unlike the courageous David, they won't confront their Goliath).

They finally came out at 10pm, wearing long faces. Fans booed Everton FC of England attacker, Yakubu Aiyegbeni. The bulky forward missed a good scoring chance against South Korea in a final group game. The flop has been described as the worst World Cup miss.

Meanwhile, Osaze Odemwingie was hailed by the fans despite not having enough playing time. Others escaped the wrath of the fans. (AUSPY: Ah, Esau acting like Jacob!)

Most of them declined to speak. (AUSPY: Just like Babel, God has confused their tongue!)

NFF Secretary General, Bolaji Ojo-Oba also refused to comment, same with the coaches.

Nigeria finished fourth in group B playing three matches, losing two and drawing the last to finish its campaign without a point.

Since the 2002 FIFA World Cup in Korea/Japan till date, Nigeria is yet to win a World Cup match.
--

Araba
Jun 25, 2010, 03:35 AM
Just like I posted here:arrow:Amodu's Sack, (http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/sports/47951-nooooooo-amodu-sacked.html#post429173) Nigerian Soccer Administration by and large follows its political administration. Matter of fact, I hazard a guess by saying there is a positive correlation between a country's political administration and the performance of its soccer team at a world cup.

My hypothesis: The more serious a country's political administration (Decision-Making, Judgement), the more likely its World Cup Soccer Team to advance. I have not done my Regression Analysis so don't be asking me for proof. But while it is true that Italy, France, South Africa,Algeria and Cameroon are out, Japan is still in. And Japan just beat Denmark. Why can't Nigeria create an upset? And while it is true Italy and France are out, do your research to find out the impact these two teams have had on the World Cup in the past. I don't deal with retards. So my concern today is not about Algeria, Cameroon and South Africa, who IMHO are retards when it comes to Global Soccer.

Right now, we have the usual names: Uruguay, Mexico,Argentina, England, Germany, Holland,Brazil, Portugal,Chile and Spain. I am not concerned with Japan, South Korea, Paraguay,Slovakia, Ghana, USA. If any of the latter team wins the World Cup, that will be an upset.
Uruguay: Coach Oscar Tabarez (Indigene)
Mexico:Coach Javier Aguirre (Indigene)
Argentina:Coach Diego Maradona (Foreigner, yeah right)
England:Coach Fabio Capello (Foreigner, Italian)
Germany:Coach Joachim Loew (Indigene)
Netherlands:Coach Bert Van Marwijk (Indigene)
Brazil: Coach Dunga (Indigene)
Portugal: Coach Carlos Queiroz (Indigene)
Chile:Coach Marcelo Bielsa (Foreigner, Argentine)
Spain: Coach Vicente Del Bosque (Indigene)
These are the Ten Serious Contenders IMHO. Now to the Six Upstarts
Japan: Coach Takeshi Okada (Indigene)
South Korea: Coach Huh Jung Moo (Indigene)
Paraguay: Coach Gerardo Martino (Foreigner, Argentine)
Slovakia:Coach Vladimir Weiss (Indigene)
Ghana:Coach Milovan Rajevac (Foreigner, Serbian)
USA: Coach Bob Bradley (Indigene).

As an aside Bob Bradley's public record shows he coached Chivas, New York Red Bulls and Chicago Fire.:confused1.
Out of teams that are likely to be in the last group of 16, only four have foreigners as their coach. Only one, England has a striking-distance chance of winning the World Cup.
Now, I watched the Olympics Soccer Tournament and I saw what Samson Sia-Sia did. What would have been wrong with appointing Amodu and Sia-Sia to coach the Eagles with the Olympic Team. If foreign based professionals had to be added at least it will be composed of a team that had played some measure of International Soccer and not some neophytes.

But No. Not Nigeria. They will "change the rules of the game in the Ninth Inning" (apologies Jay-Z). These theiving administrators do not care about the growth of the game as much as their pocket. I locked myself in a hotel in '08 that was how I was able to watch the Olympics Soccer and saw Sia-Sia perform. Otherwise, wetin consain me with Nigerian Palava. There are other sports (thanks to my exposure to the United States) that I can worry my head about. No be like Nigeria where na only Football. And on top of it dey neva fit play to World Cup Standard. Why don't you ask the Americans where they put Soccer on their list of To-Do Sports (Until Recently). Yet the same country hosted the World Cup in 1994. Serious Country, Serious People.
Anybody expecting anything good from Nigerian Soccer Administrators (as presently constituted) is wasting his or her time. They only substituted No Future Ambition (NFA), for No Future Focus (NFF).

Ajibs
Jun 25, 2010, 03:47 AM
Disband the team...Certainly!!!

Government to rebuild the team with the Home based players...silly but possible!!!

Use sucessfull youth players to move up to the senior team... very smart!!!

Employ Siasia or Keshi to coach the team and banish Amodu forever...PRICELESS!!!

By the way, has anyone noticed that Algeria crashed out? They have an identical record to Nigeria, lost two and drew one game, but they did not score a single goal. Their coach, Algeria has been there even before the ANC in Angola.

Then Cameroon, lost ALL THREE GAMES and scored only two goals. The coach a frenchman, was appointed almost a year ago in July 2009.

Mikky jaga
Jun 25, 2010, 07:52 AM
All of the above and all this against higher quality opposition!

Maybe you watched a different set of matches. The bottom line remains that, with the pass mark you gave them, they failed woefully and had to be smuggled into Nigeria amid tight Security like the expired Yaradua. People that improved over previous performance do not get this treatment, they normally arrive triumphantly even when they lose.

That Lagerbeer should thank his juju that he did not return with the Eagles.

Mikky jaga
Jun 25, 2010, 08:11 AM
By the way, has anyone noticed that Algeria crashed out? They have an identical record to Nigeria, lost two and drew one game, but they did not score a single goal. Their coach, Algeria has been there even before the ANC in Angola.

Then Cameroon, lost ALL THREE GAMES and scored only two goals. The coach a frenchman, was appointed almost a year ago in July 2009.

Very interesting!

The ranking is exactly what we had in Angola:

Ghana, Nigeria, Algeria and the rest, barring any upset from Ivory Coast today.

Rather than build on what we had, we started afresh and landed exactly where we were before the World Cup.

Ishola Taiwo
Jun 25, 2010, 09:24 AM
Thanks to all who see the obvious linkage between the way of thinking that guides the actions of Nigerian 'leaders' and, the chain of events whose end results we are talking about here.

Those whose stance here is based on the assertion that there was (and still is) nothing wrong with appointment of this Lagerbehind as Nigeria's football coach should please back up their words with evidence that shows how, prior to the tournament starting, the Swede had promised to make records by:

Leading the team against which Greece scored its first ever World Cup goals
Enable South Korea to get out of their group stages for the first time ever in a World Cup played outside Asia.
Lead a team that will come bottom of their group in the first ever senior World Cup held in Africa.

If you can do this, then no one can say that the man did not deliver on his promises....:lol:

But in fact, before the thing started, wasn't the guy promising to at least get to the semi-finals? And after his abject failure, is it really unreasonable to expect that if he has any honour, he would be offering his resignation?

Has he even apologised yet to Nigerians for the poor showing of the team he led?

Yet, we have people here making up excuses for the man, and advocating for why he must continue. The first test of any set of principles is to see if the person claiming to possess them actually has any understanding of what they mean. You cannot be saying "no" to incompetent/corrupt leadership at the hands of ones like Babangida and then saying "yes" to the same thing when the perpertrators are the NFA and this Lagerback.

The employment of Lagerback and, his willingness to take up a well-paid job that he was unprepared for (and was thus incapable of doing) is a pattern that we have seen replicated in many other areas of human activity in Nigeria. It is unfortunate that some of our 'worldly-wise' brothers cannot (or, refuse to) see this.

NoLongThing
Jun 25, 2010, 10:35 AM
Now that the world cup for Nigeria is over me a go talk ma own which is that I do not think Laggerback should be retained beyond the period for which he was mandated. His technical competence or otherwise is not what I have against him per se but his age, his loyalty and his experience definitely count against him – we need someone who is prepared to shake the foundations of the SE by blooding a new generation and who has the ears and respect of those in authority.

Step forward team Sia Sia and Keshi!!! Sia Sia's disposition to innovation against Keshi's great leadership qualities will inspire a new generation of SE. And neither of the two is easily intimidated.

Mikky jaga
Jun 25, 2010, 11:04 AM
Now that the world cup for Nigeria is over me a go talk ma own which is that I do not think Laggerback should be retained beyond the period for which he was mandated. His technical competence or otherwise is not what I have against him per se but his age, his loyalty and his experience definitely count against him – we need someone who is prepared to shake the foundations of the SE by blooding a new generation and who has the ears and respect of those in authority.

Step forward team Sia Sia and Keshi!!! Sia Sia's disposition to innovation against Keshi's great leadership qualities will inspire a new generation of SE. And neither of the two is easily intimidated.

Your tag team suggestion would have been in order if the little matter of ego will not come between them. No, one man must be in charge at any given time. I do not know who between the two will accept to assist the other.

If Siasia and/or Keshi will put an end to the ridiculous, perennial clamour for foreign coaches, so let it be.

Ishola Taiwo
Jun 25, 2010, 03:50 PM
Marcello Lippi offers apology to disappointed Italy fans

Italy manager Marcello Lippi has expressed his regret at picking a team which he says he "had not adequately prepared" for the World Cup and apologised to Italy's fans.

Lippi, 62, was left disappointed yesterday after another limp performance, this time against Slovakia, which saw the defending champions lose 3-2 to bring their miserable campaign to an abrupt end.

The coach, who led Italy to World Cup glory in 2006, accepted responsibility for his side's dismal displays.

"I would never have thought the players would have had such terror in their legs, heads and hearts," said Lippi.

"If a team arrives unable to express themselves as they needed to, then it means the coach has not prepared the squad properly on any level: technical, tactical and psychological."

The Italian also offered his apologies Italy's supporters.

"I am sorry for Italian football fans, and for the federation," he added.

"I felt this team could do well, and I did not prepare them properly."

The former Juventus manager admitted he had not expected the Azzurri to retain the World Cup, but insists he did not foresee the manner of their exit.

"I didn't think I'd win the World Cup a second time, but having to end my time with the national squad like this is awful," he continued.

"I thank all of you for these four years, some have been fantastic, some very disappointing. I take full responsibility; it was me who built the group."

"I was convinced and I wanted to go through this experience again after winning the World Cup in 2006. I am very sorry."

Source (http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2010/06/marcello-lippi-italy-world-cup-2010/)

Mikky jaga
Jun 25, 2010, 04:11 PM
The quote below summarises the point being canvassed by some here. It is only mental slaves that would be grovelling in front of a failed coach, begging him not to go. Other people would not decline to throw such rubbish away with ignominy.

Lagerbeer even told them, (Paraphrase) Let me enjoy the fruit of my first round of 419 with my family first, then I will consider if another round was worth my while. That is how low the guy thinks about Nigerians.

"If a team arrives unable to express themselves as they needed to, then it means the coach has not prepared the squad properly on any level: technical, tactical and psychological."

Auspicious
Jun 25, 2010, 04:17 PM
..banish Amodu forever...PRICELESS!!!

Hehe! :lol:

For everything else, there's MASTERCARD! :biggrin:
--

Mikky jaga
Jun 25, 2010, 04:36 PM
Meanwhile, Ivory Coast that did not reach the medal zone in Angola have redeemed their pride with a 3:0 spanking of N Korea. Their coach is one of the rejected candidates of NFF (maybe because he refused to play ball). He also has less time to prepare the team than Lagerbeer had.

You say, would I have preferred the guy (Erriccson or what is his name)? I say no. Amodu qualified us he should lead us. But as per achievement, we can see that Lagerbeer is not anything to write home about.

Miliki Way
Jun 25, 2010, 04:36 PM
I am surprised that the colo-mental apologists on NVS (and out there in NFF) haven't sent a committee of beggars to Sweden to beg their runaway (white) messiah to come back and unclip the wings of the super eagles.

hahahahahahaha..... hihihihhihihi...... hohohohohohoho...... muehehehehehehe

Vade Mecum
Jun 25, 2010, 08:55 PM
1 Corinthians 3:6 (New International Version)

"I (Paul) planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow."

Paul planted the word of God in the heart of new converts, and Apollos watered the planted word by doing a follow-up on the new converts; however it was God himself, who gave the increase. God makes the word of God to grow in the heart of believers. God himself makes the word and congregations to grow.

The NFF must realize that coaches, players, the government, supporters club and other assorted fans and the NFF cannot make the Super Eagles win matches. All the preparation in the word cannot make the super Eagles win matches.

It is God that gives victories in matches. Success in all our endeavors comes from the almighty God.

Ecclesiastes 9:11 (New International Version)

I have seen something else under the sun:
The race is not to the swift
or the battle to the strong,
nor does food come to the wise
or wealth to the brilliant
or favor to the learned;
but time and chance happen to them all.

God himself controls time and chance. In accordance with his divine time, God allows victory to divinely chance upon whomsoever he favors.

Zechariah 4:6 (New International Version)

So he said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: 'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty.

Victory comes not by might nor by power, but by the Spirit of the Lord.

The spirit of the Lord cannot dwell and give victory, where the NFF has perpetuated and sustained spiritual fraud. Robbing coach Shuaibu Amodu of the fruit of his labor constitutes a gross moral, ethical, and spiritual fraud.

Exodus 20:15 (King James Version)

Thou shalt not steal.

The NFF stole the fruit of coach Amodu's labor and gave it to Lars Lagarback

The tears of coach Shuaibu Amodu went up to God in heaven.

God remembered Amodu's labor of love for Nigeria.

God remembered how Amodu suffered physical, emotional, mental and psychological stress laboring extremely hard to ensure Nigeria's qualification for the FIFA 2010 World Cup

And God was moved

The anger of God burned against country Nigeria

God's wrath was kindled against Nigeria

Thus, Nigeria's 2010 FIFA World Cup outing became a huge disaster

Learn O ye ignorant, naive and immature and be wise

Be humble O ye ignorant, naive and immature and gain understanding

Galatians 6:7 (New International Version)

Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

Lagarback and the NFF sewed wind, now they have reaped the whirlwind

Joshua 7:1 (New International Version)

Achan's Sin

But the Israelites acted unfaithfully in regard to the devoted things [a] ; Achan son of Carmi, the son of Zimri, [b] the son of Zerah, of the tribe of Judah, took some of them. So the LORD's anger burned against Israel.

In Joshua chapters 7 and 8, we observed that God hates fraud. Achan violated spiritual laws and thereby invoked the wrath of God on the nation of Israel, leading to Israel's total defeat in war; in like manner the NFF violated spiritual law by robbing coach Amodu Shuaibu of the fruit of his labor and thereby invoked God's anger upon Nigeria, leading to the Super Eagles total humiliation in the FIFA 2010 Soccer World Cup.

1 Samuel 2:26 (New International Version)

And the boy Samuel continued to grow in stature and in favor with the LORD and with men.

Luke 2:52 (New International Version)

And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.

Psalm 106:4 (New International Version)

Remember me, O LORD, when you show favor to your people, come to my aid when you save them

Psalm 119:58 (King James Version)

I intreated thy favour with my whole heart: be merciful unto me according to thy word.

Psalm 30:5-7 (King James Version)

5For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

6And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved.

7LORD, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong: thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled.

For the Super Eagles to enjoy a victorious World Cup outing, they must enjoy God's favor

Then again, the Super Eagles did not enjoy God's favor at the World Cup (2010), because the NFF stole the fruit of Amodu Shuaibu's labor, and handed same to Lars Lagarback.

God is a God of justice, fairness and equity.

Has history not just repeated itself ?

Remember 2002 ? The fruit of Amodu's labor was stolen by the NFA and given to Onigbinde

Under Onigbinde, Nigeria lost the first two matches and the final match was a draw. Nigeria did not go beyond the group stage

Once again, the NFF stole the fruit of Amodu's labor, and gave same to Lars Lagaback

Under Lars Lagaback, Nigeria lost the first two matches and the final match was a draw. Nigeria did not go beyond the group stage

DeepThought
Jun 25, 2010, 10:22 PM
I did not prepare them properly

This statement, reportedly comming from the Italian coach is what taking responsibility means. This is what a honourable person does. He takes responsiblity and tenders or offers to tender his resignation.

I don't know whether or not this Lagerback fellow is honourable or not and I don't know what he is saying or not saying. I don't know if he has tendered his resignation or not. What is however annoying is what his supporters are now saying.

Imagine! His appologists (to put the term "as:slickers" in polite terms) are out there already making excuses for him.

The very same set of people who blamed a coach for the performance of the team when the coach is Nigerian now have the audacity to turn 180 degree around and insult our collective intelligence by now blaming the boys when it is the turn of their Oyinbo God to face the music.

And their excuses? As stupid as it is reckless.

The boys ate too much eba
The boys played better sha..
The coach didn't have enough time
e.t.c , e.t.c Ad nauseam

So it is now that they are just knowing that there was not enough time?
Nonsense! What are they saying? What do they mean? Are they saying God is not all powerful?
Isn't an Oyinbo coach supposed to be superman that can leap tall buidings in one bound?

Isn't Oyinbo coach the miracle gardener who is supposed to be able to suddently come in and raise tulips from our barren desert merely by fertilizing our wasteland with his s_hit and pee?

Actually in a sense, they are quite correct.
Lagerback is of course not the problem at all, and has never been the problem.
The problem is the colomentality and the inferiority based way of thinking behind his appointment. These colomental people should be shot. Period.

Having said all that, we recognize that making a mistake in judgement is not a problem and can never really be a problem. We can honestly, with good intentions take decisions that turn out to be wrong. So long as we are human, we will all make mistakes.The problem is in not having the good sense or the honour to simply admit, when it is clear or when it should be clear that one has made a mistake. With the benefit of hindsight, we are supposed to be able to learn from our mistakes and fix them. When people, for whatever reason, can't bring themselves , even with the benefit of hindsight and with the clarity afforded by unfolding events, willfully refuse to do this, they become even more foolish and deserve to be ridiculed or not taken serious. This is when we should not mince words with them

But these let us entertain ourselves by winding them up and hearing more assinine excuses for failure sha.....

Oya O! Lets kill those useless Amala eating boys, afterall, it is all their fault and theirs alone.

Ajibs
Jun 25, 2010, 11:38 PM
From ESPN...

JOHANNESBURG -- Ghana lost 1-0 to Germany on Wednesday at Soccer City Stadium, but within seconds of the final whistle, the Black Stars were celebrating. A group of players ran to the stands, grabbed a Ghanaian flag from some fans and did a victory lap. The loss mattered little to Ghana. Once the Black Stars received the news that Australia had defeated Serbia 2-1, they knew they were through to the Round of 16 as the first (and likely only) African team to advance.

So what's gone wrong for the other five African nations? Here are five things:

1. Bad Luck

Take South Africa as an example. If you had asked Bafana Bafana fans before the World Cup if they'd sign up for a draw with Mexico and a win over France, you have to believe they'd have taken it. Unfortunately for the hosts, the 3-0 thrashing the team suffered to Uruguay in between those positive results was enough to destroy South Africa's chances of advancing. As the African team with the fewest Europe-based players, South Africa performed as well as could be expected. The other team that had horrendous luck was Cameroon, which played extremely well in a 2-1 loss to Denmark after losing 1-0 to Japan in a game where the Lions outshot Japan 11-5 and had 55 percent of the possession.

2. Instability

After the African Cup of Nations, Ivory Coast fired its coach, Vahid Halilhodzic, and hired Sven Goran Eriksson. Nigeria fired its coach, Shuaibu Amodu, and hired Lars Lagerback. Panic moves like these rarely work. Players want to know what's expected of them, what system they'll play and how a coach deals with issues that arise in the dressing room. "What is the problem for Africa in general? Lagerback said after Nigeria's elimination. "The only thing I can see is that maybe they need a little bit more continuity." The only African coach in the World Cup, Algeria's Rabah Saadane, said, "I think that Africa is on the right road. What we need in our national teams is stability."

3. Too Structured

If you recall the great Cameroon team of 1990, led by 38-year old striker Roger Milla, you probably recall teams that loved the ball, played without fear and let their joy show on the field. It may be an overgeneralization, but many of the African teams have become ultra defensive, too concerned about losing their shape and not as fun to watch. Let's face it, not even Brazil plays as beautifully as it did 20 years ago. Because the physical aspects of the game have progressed so much, it's led to greater defensive pressure over 90 minutes and less time and space for creative players. Still, it seems the fluidity that defined some of the best African football has been lost.

4. Goal Deficient

Take a look at Ghana, the one team that's definitely going through. The Black Stars scored two goals, both on penalties, in their three matches. Algeria did not score in the competition and appeared content against the U.S., in a game it knew it needed to win by two goals, to sit back and counter. Ivory Coast, a team many pegged as the one with the talent to go deep into the tournament, went 169 minutes before it finally put a ball in the net. It was too little too late for the Elephants, who for all intents and purposes were eliminated after two matches.

5. Expectations

Perhaps there was simply too much pressure on the African teams in this competition. Hosting the World Cup for the first time, many figured this was going to be a showcase for the continent's six representatives and for the first time, more than one African team would go through to the knockout stages. Barring a miracle for Ivory Coast, which needs to win and have Brazil put up a big number on Portugal, it will be Ghana only. On the positive side, the Black Stars more than held their own against Germany on Wednesday, creating more goal-scoring chances than Die Mannschaft, and could have the power to make a deep run.

NextLevel
Jun 25, 2010, 11:48 PM
I give up. The beauty of soccer is that results are not very strongly correlated with quality of play when judged by any factor other than goalscoring, so that is allows for wild, speculative argumentation of the most vapid or intelligent sounding kind. I have contributed my share of both in sufficient quantity.

DeepThought
Jun 26, 2010, 12:20 AM
@ Oga Vade Mecum

Are you actually serious or you just're just delighting in glorious , wonderful mischief?

Mikky jaga
Jun 26, 2010, 07:22 AM
As you can see, what I saw inside my crystal ball tallies exactly with what Pastor Vade saw inside his Bible. Hallelujah!! Little wonder Eagles did not go beyond the preliminaries. The forces stacked against them are too enormous. Just imagine Yak missing a goal that could have made the difference!! Then the little matter of Kaita.

The moral is simple, do not go to battle with baggage of unresolved or badly resolved issues.

Mikky jaga
Jun 26, 2010, 08:41 AM
Another commentator on the hire and fire of Amodu syndrome:

@BILLION God bless you my Brother that was how he picked us from the 40th position messiah vogts dumped us to 15th on fifa ranking...after this world cup we would have returned to mabe 50th this time....

....the same bronze westerhof won in anc 2002 and was celeberated then allowed another 3 years ...it is the same bronze eguavon, chukwu and amodu won and were fired...

...when fatkubu missed a sitter in angola some furomites said amodu used tired legs.....
.... now he has done worst by kicking away the ball that was aiming into the net...some forumites say he was not given enough time...shame on us

... i wonder what we were expecting by sacking a coach that qualified us for the world cup without losing a single game and conceding in only 3 out of 12 games to another that could not qualify his country and lost 4 matches in the same qualifiers conceeding chunks of goals.

Mikky jaga
Jun 26, 2010, 08:47 AM
Another commentator on the hire and fire of Amodu syndrome:

@BILLION God bless you my Brother that was how he picked us from the 40th position messiah vogts dumped us to 15th on fifa ranking...after this world cup we would have returned to mabe 50th this time....

....the same bronze westerhof won in anc 2002 and was celeberated then allowed another 3 years ...it is the same bronze eguavon, chukwu and amodu won and were fired...

...when fatkubu missed a sitter in angola some furomites said amodu used tired legs.....
.... now he has done worst by kicking away the ball that was aiming into the net...some forumites say he was not given enough time...shame on us

... i wonder what we were expecting by sacking a coach that qualified us for the world cup without losing a single game and conceding in only 3 out of 12 games to another that could not qualify his country and lost 4 matches in the same qualifiers conceeding chunks of goals.

Dapxin
Jun 26, 2010, 10:49 AM
I give up. The beauty of soccer is that results are not very strongly correlated with quality of play when judged by any factor other than goalscoring,...

Is this true to a worldcup torunament level ? I doubt it.

Ishola Taiwo
Jun 26, 2010, 11:26 AM
SATURDAY 'MORAL COMPASS' QUIZ (Great 1st Prize!!)

Pick the odd one out:

NFA, Julius Berger, Supreme Military Council, Shell Petroleum, Babangida, Bank Of Credit and Commerce International, NFF, Armed Forces Ruling Council, Obasanjo, IMF, Lagerback, PDP, Dauda the Sexy Guy, Halliburton.

Mikky jaga
Jun 26, 2010, 11:57 AM
SATURDAY 'MORAL COMPASS' QUIZ (Great 1st Prize!!)

Pick the odd one out:

NFA, Julius Berger, Supreme Military Council, Shell Petroleum, Babangida, Bank Of Credit and Commerce International, NFF, Armed Forces Ruling Council, Obasanjo, IMF, Lagerback, PDP, Dauda the Sexy Guy, Halliburton.

Eureka!! I got it!! It is Dauda the Sexy Guy!! The others are corruption PLC.

Mikky jaga
Jun 26, 2010, 11:59 AM
Meanwhile, Ghana is playing against US today. Don't know which side Auspy is on, but as for me and myself, I support Ghana to win by the odd penalty goal.

Kenn
Jun 26, 2010, 01:05 PM

What is becoming obvious from the jaw-jawing here is that while opinion is like arsehole and everyone has one, there are people who just do not know what they are talking about where football is concerned. I can relate to the frustration of true football followers here. I mean when people who know zilch about football think Nigeria being knocked out of the World Cup now makes them Socrates….hmmm

Oh, back to my prediction for the Knock-out stage:

Uruguay vs S. Korea – Uruguay
US vs Ghana - Ghana
Germany vs England – England
Argentina vs Mexico – Mexico
Netherlands vs Slovakia – Netherlands
Brazil vs Chile – Brazil
Paraguay vs Japan – Japan
Spain vs Portugal - Spain

…..

*Ghana is the only one I'm choosing partly on sentiments…..

Dapxin
Jun 26, 2010, 01:13 PM

What is becoming obvious from the jaw-jawing here is that while opinion is like arsehole and everyone has one, there are people who just do not know what they are talking about where football is concerned. I can relate to the frustration of true football followers here. I mean when people who know zilch about football think Nigeria being knocked out of the World Cup now makes them Socrates….hmmm

Unless you are Ferguson or Scolari or Zinedine Zidance (folks who have been part of the game @ the toppest level to own some measure of street cred, I don't think I understand the substnace of your post here;

What exactly is the Zilch to know about football ? wrt to the issue here, that it was dumb, a fail, and evidently a zero for Nigerias NFA to sack an Amodu 3 weeks into a tourney and then hire a spectacular European FAIL just because he is white ?

And when are you doing a post-mortem on your laggingBehind extant reality now that FAIL ( as predicted) is here ?

Kenn
Jun 26, 2010, 01:39 PM
Unless you are Ferguson or Scolari or Zinedine Zidance (folks who have been part of the game @ the toppest level to own some measure of street cred, I don't think I understand the substnace of your post here....

Of course, you can't understand the substance of my post, Dapxin....

Dapxin
Jun 26, 2010, 01:53 PM
Of course, you can't understand the substance of my post, Dapxin....

Because ?
You supported LaggingBehind spuriously against Amodu ?
Or
You have a better football knowledge than me ? In which case please educate me ?
Or
You just think so ?
----
Anyhow then. I wouldnt try no more. But before I quit; It is on record that you consistently promoted the doomed LaggerBehind project. And it has turned out to be a major (as predicted ) FAIL. That is what we know.

Auspicious
Jun 26, 2010, 02:02 PM
+

Why did the Super Eagles fail?

Ah, read your Book of Revelations.

If you don't understand it, get closer to God (like me).

I am, Auspy the Righteous!
--

8 I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. 9 I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars – I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you. 10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test those who live on the earth. 11 I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. 12 Those who are victorious I will make pillars in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name. 13 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. 14 "To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation." 15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm – neither hot nor cold – I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17 You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see. 19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. 20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with them, and they with me. 21 To those who are victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22 "Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches." (NIV)

omaks
Jun 26, 2010, 02:08 PM
...and Suares just scored for Uruguay. What a game.

Dapxin
Jun 26, 2010, 02:10 PM
^

Lets be realistic. Even if there was a god!, he wont throw dice. Will he support the super ducks of Nigeria and therefore partially withdraw his support to the Arabians, because they happen to call him Allah ?

Again, god wont throw dice. Football is our stuff jo...

Dapxin
Jun 26, 2010, 02:12 PM
...and Suares just scored for Uruguay. What a game.

And an impressively worked goal. Korea loooks ramshackle; If only super eagles was super eagles of back in the days ( + not stupidly infected with that european Oyinbo na Oyinbo virus, yees ke :p ) .... + Diego Forlan: a much UK abused creative striker, is playing some inspired worldcup. so far.

omaks
Jun 26, 2010, 02:16 PM
I see many people are making fun of people who are advocating that Lagerback be given a chance to continue with the Eagles.

My justification for advocating that he continue is that many of us saw a clear difference in how the Eagles played against higher quality opposition under his coaching that they did under Amodu. Of course, everyone can make up their own stories, but let's review the games:

Argentina: a 1-0 loss to an elite team that decimate everyone else in our group except... Nigeria!
Greece: a game that was clearly in hand until we had to defend with 10 men.
South Korea: a 2-2 draw in a game that the Eagles could very well have won. No one asked Yakubu to figure out with his exquisite genius how to avoid putting a ball in the one direction that doesn't go towards an empty net with the keeper lying on the ground and no defenders within marking distance.

If you don't like Lagerback, fine. But anyone who is taking Odemwingie seriously is missing that Odemwingie has an obvious axe to grind.

Everything you pointed out is absolutel;y rightt. to add to your points, no team that has gone down to ten men so far in this tournament has won/draqwn the game, not even mighty Germany. The quality of play under Lagerback is far more improved than the eye - sore game we watched under Amodu, whether anyone like to admit it or not. Finally, Like Enyeama said, the team have themselves to blame for underachieving, and letting the whole of Nigeria down.

Dapxin
Jun 26, 2010, 02:26 PM
Everything you pointed out is absolutel;y rightt. to add to your points, no team that has gone down to ten men so far in this tournament has won/draqwn the game, not even mighty Germany. The quality of play under Lagerback is far more improved than the eye - sore game we watched under Amodu, whether anyone like to admit it or not. Finally, Like Enyeama said, the team have themselves to blame for underachieving, and letting the whole of Nigeria down.

The ease with which we cherrypick to exonorate a LaggingBehind and hammer down an Amodu.

Did you see any of Maradona's qualifiers ? If Amodu's ones were eye-sore, the last 2 or three of Argentinas road to SA was the defintiion of puke! And it is the same team, under the same crew that NextLevel now describes

elite team that decimate everyone else in our group except

They had messi in the 2 games that I saw. And the same setup. What's changed ?

Nigeria - supported by folks - sacked theirs not minding the cheer stupidity of it in terms of timing, whereas Argentina stuck to their terms of reference to Maradona.

LaggerBehind failed! The quality of play or otherwise is immaterial. I mean, what's to say with the right amount of support - Amodu wouldnt know one or two younger legs within Nigeria to take to the worldcup ?

Nigeria was the only ***Repeat, only!** country in SA without one home based player. Reason ? I hazard, LaggingBehind has no clue to where they might be, even if we all agree the local league is miles behind the standard we all know or expect...;

At the very minimum, players from it would have played their hearts out, you know like Enyeama rather than the overbloated joke of a striker who was probably merely playing for his work permit...

See guys! this becomes more ridiculous the more we try to spin it.

Mikky jaga
Jun 26, 2010, 02:26 PM

What is going on here goes beyond Lagerbeer or some failed predictions. It goes deep into what has kept Nigeria backwards all these years.

When supposedly highly educated members of the public with ability to write long prose and with unfettered access to the media cannot look beyond the white skin and understand that a coach that failed to give his country he coached for more than 10 years a world cup ticket is not one to replace a man that got the ticket for his country. That a coach asked to resign after a failed campaign is not one to deliver results in another country he is just coaching for 3 months. That a coach that could not score a goal at home against his two top opponents in the World Cup is a disaster in waiting.

All we heard was he will instill discipline in the team. As Fela rightly said, only a useless government would call his people useless and undisciplined. If Nigeria does not respect her indigenous coaches and help the coach enforce discipline, it will never happen, no matter the colour of the coach's skin.

John Obuh is leading a quiet revolution in Nigeria right now. The noise makers have not noticed him yet. He took his boys to Egypt for an invitational tournament. When one of the boys broke camp rules, he sent him back to Nigeria on the next available plane. NFF backed him up by suspending him from participating in the local league. Obuh won the tournament by beating Egypt, the host by 2:0.

When these same boys get clubs overseas, the noisemakers would forget that it was a Nigerian that thought them the rudiments of football before the scouts took them to foreign lands. All their song would then be: The boys do not respect local coaches, we need foreign coaches!!

Well, all these is to avoid the same mistake in the next 4 years, because the colo mental people never give up. They will soon come up with their usual refrain that gets us nowhere - give us oyibo or we'll be disgraced!

Uwaa Sef
Jun 26, 2010, 02:41 PM
What is going on here goes beyond Lagerbeer or some failed predictions. It goes deep into what has kept Nigeria backwards all these years.......Go on.

Later

DeepThought
Jun 26, 2010, 05:47 PM
The ease with which we cherrypick to exonorate a LaggingBehind and hammer down an Amodu....

Did you see any of Maradona's qualifiers ? If Amodu's ones were eye-sore, the last 2 or three of Argentinas road to SA was the defintiion of puke!

Dapxin,
Yes, some of the comments we see here are like the peace of God which passeth all understanding.
Truely, truely I say onto you, some of these here comments passeth all understanding

John Obuh is leading a quiet revolution in Nigeria right now. The noise makers have not noticed him yet. He took his boys to Egypt for an invitational tournament. When one of the boys broke camp rules, he sent him back to Nigeria on the next available plane. NFF backed him up by suspending him from participating in the local league. Obuh won the tournament by beating Egypt, the host by 2:0.

Thank you.
The underlined is how to get your players to respect your coach. Right or wrong, the word of the coach has to be law. You can't have officials meddling in the affairs of a team as they do (mostly only when you have a local coach) and then turn around to say "the boys don't respect the coach". So the NFF actually got it right for once. Maybe there is hope......

When these same boys get clubs overseas, the noisemakers would forget that it was a Nigerian that thought them the rudiments of football before the scouts took them to foreign lands. All their song would then be: The boys do not respect local coaches, we need foreign coaches!!

Overseas exposure is not a bad thing and we need that for both players and coaches. But its only an id.iot player that will get swollen headed and not respect a local coach just because of that.

The question is are there many local coaches who somehow manage to rise to the level of being saddled with the responsibility of handling even the junior national team who would not already have managed to aquire some form of significant international exposure already?

Take even this John Obuh fellow, relatively unknown as he is doing , already he is acquiring international exposure. Isn't taking a team to Egypt and winning not a part of acquisition of international experience? The man now already knows how to beat the Egyptians.

All that is required is for NFF or whatever they call themselves these days to organise for such coaches to attend courses all over the world and also to take teams to play in competitions all over the world.That way, they will easily become world beaters.
But apparently this will never do, that is not enough for the noise makers who think they know anything about football because they get two heads and the rest of us have only one.

NoLongThing
Jun 26, 2010, 08:34 PM
Go on Ghana - stuff the damn Yanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Nigeria on my mind
Jun 26, 2010, 08:55 PM
Common, Nigerians, show Ghana some love. What's wrong with us? When people from other continents are playing we come in here to give minute-by-minute update. Let's cheer Ghana on!

NoLongThing
Jun 26, 2010, 09:00 PM
Common Ghana. Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. At last Africa delivers - now for the Semi-finals.