PDA

View Full Version : [General] "Why I loathe feminism..."

Ishola Taiwo
Oct 2, 2009, 04:18 PM
Why I loathe feminism... and believe it will ultimately destroy the family

By Erin Pizzey

Erin Pizzey set up the world's first refuge for battered women in 1971 - and went on to establish an international movement for victims of domestic violence. But what she has never made public before is that her own childhood was scarred by the shocking cruelty of both her parents.
Here, for the first time, she tells the full harrowing story - and how it led her to a surprising, but deeply felt, conclusion ...

Though I remember little of my earliest years, I grew up in a world of extraordinary violence. I was born in 1939 in Tsingtao, China, and shortly after my family moved to Shanghai with my diplomat father, we were captured by the invading Japanese army. It was 1942, the war was raging and we were held under house arrest until we were exchanged for Japanese prisoners of war and put on the last boat out of China.

My father was ordered to Beirut by the diplomatic service, and we were left as refugees in Kokstad, South Africa. From living in an enormous house with a fleet of servants and a nanny, my twin sister Rosaleen and I were suddenly at the mercy of my mother Pat's temper. And it was ferocious. Having escaped the brutality of the war, we were introduced to a new brand domestic cruelty.

Indeed, my mother's explosive temper and abusive behaviour shaped the person I later became like no other event in my life.

Thirty years later, when feminism exploded onto the scene, I was often mistaken for a supporter of the movement. But I have never been a feminist, because, having experienced my mother's violence, I always knew that women can be as vicious and irresponsible as men.

Read More... (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1215464/Why-I-loathe-feminism---believe-ultimately-destroy-family.html)

Auspicious
Oct 2, 2009, 09:39 PM
+

On the contrary, I like FEMINISTS.

Why, you might ask?

Well how about they are PASSIONATE love-makers?

Oooooow, lotsa energy, I tell ya! :D:drool::D

Auspicious.

agbonizuanghwe
Oct 3, 2009, 07:25 PM
Before I read that article, I thought I was alone in the opinion that men are being unnecessarily demonised by the modern woman! I grew up knowing my grandfather, my father and my uncles. My brother, some of whom I helped to rause and my sons are certainly NOT bad nor guilty of blanket accusations often levelled against men.

Thank you for sharing the article

NoLongThing
Oct 3, 2009, 07:42 PM
For once I am on the same page with Auspy, nothing like an opinionated woman. Hmmm, just does the magic for me.

Dewdrops
Oct 3, 2009, 07:48 PM
For once I am on the same page with Auspy, nothing like an opinionated woman. Hmmm, just does the magic for me.

Gbam!

:hail::hail::hail:

Who wants a dish rag for crying out loud.....:D

Alias "no idea sir".......even in the bedroom. The ones that still can't keep a man at home with all their 'passitivity'? Or those that have come to learn how to share both their men and their 'tampons' under the same roof spreading diseases to man and cows alike? :lol:

Thirty years later, when feminism exploded onto the scene, I was often mistaken for a supporter of the movement. But I have never been a feminist, because, having experienced my mother's violence, I always knew that women can be as vicious and irresponsible as men.

Just wondering what this article has to do with 'feminism'.....another 'hormonal' man on rampage!

No wonder polygamy rules the day.......:wink:

Shioooooooooooor!:lol:

HolyPagan
Oct 3, 2009, 08:04 PM
I suppose like everything it depends on the emotional maturity people bring to whatever cause they are championing.

Some women actually believe that feminism equals being misandrists. And have on some level actually hijacked a good cause.
They therefore mistakenly 'over-correct' to the point of seeing anything Male as oppressive.
Just like some black people believe that its not possible for blacks to be racist. And would make excuses for all manner of racism perpetrated by blacks.

Feminism like most idealogies have extreme positions and centrist positions.

At the end of the day, what matters, is that people should treat each other as equals, and not assumed superiority of males, based on nothing but gender.

HolyPagan
Oct 3, 2009, 08:10 PM
".........
Just wondering what this article has to do with 'feminism'.....another 'hormonal' man on ramapage!

No wonder polygamy rules the day.......:wink:lol:
Because Erin Pizzey was the person who founded the first battered womens shelter in the UK, in Chiswick ...West London, People assumed that she was persuaded by The Feminist Ideology.
I suppose she wants to correct that impression.

I think the title is misleading.... since Feminism is not about hating men or denigrating men......but about letting women contribute their fair share to their own lives, and to society, without being made out as second class citizens.

Basically I just think she was just pointing out, that both women and men can be just as abusive and cruel in relationships / families, and used the example of her own abusive parents especially her mother to buttress her point.

That headline was just sensationalism.

Auspicious
Oct 3, 2009, 08:21 PM
For once I am on the same page with Auspy...

Dude, Talk True:

We are ALWAYS on the same page.

Yesterday. Today. And Tommorow.

Only, to 'Catch a Monkey', you'd rather act like One.

But me, I don't - I just barge-in, 'Catch my Monkey',

Sling the 'Monkey' over my shoulder, and head home - Finito!

<EMBED height=295 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=480 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/3YmMNpbFjp0&hl=en&fs=1& allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED>

Auspicious.

agbonizuanghwe
Oct 3, 2009, 09:11 PM
Many women have used concepts touted as feminism to weasel out of taking responsibility for their choices and personal frailties.

Women, being continuously painted as hapless individuals, powerless (in all situations) against menfolk, by bra burning extremists, have become victims at the hands of fellow women.

However in Nigeria, what women have mostly become is collateral damage from applying strange and poorly thought out concepts to their personal lives in the name of feminism. The good thing is they grit their teeth and bear the consequences and then persuade naive friends to their point of view. And the number of bitter crones keep rising while western style feminism rules.

Lesbianism is often an expression of an extreme form of feminism, me thinks. It's just a thought but I could be wrong.

HolyPagan
Oct 3, 2009, 09:13 PM
Many women have used concepts touted as feminism to weasel out of taking responsibility for their choices and personal frailties.

Women being continuously painted as hapless individuals, powerless (in all situations) against menfolk, by bra burning extremists have become victims at the hands of fellow women.

However in Nigeria, what women have mostly become is collateral damage from applying strange and poorly thought out concepts to their personal lives in the name of feminism. The good thing is they grit their teeth and bear the consequences and then persuade naive friends to their point of view. And the number of bitter crones keep rising while western style feminism rules.

Lesbianism is often an expression of an extreme form of feminism, me thinks. It's just a thought but I could be wrong.

Ha ha ha ...I am not touching this one:D:D

HolyPagan
Oct 3, 2009, 09:27 PM
Thank God for Feminism...which has always been about progressive social change.

Today these are now possible for me a woman....

I can own property in my own name
I can have a bank account in my name
I can have any career I choose.
I can expect to be hired for a job I am qualified to do, and not denied employment, because a man who has a family to look after, needs it more.
I can attend any College/ University of my choice.(no university is barred from admitting me if I qualify to be admitted on account of being a woman)
I can continue with my career even after marriage.
I can reasonably expect to progress in my career, if I perform to the standards expected of any person holding that post regardless of gender.
I can vote.
I can apply for an international passport in my name.
I do not need my father, brother, husband or any other male family member. to guarantee my mortgage as a woman.
I do not need any of the above before I can step out of my front door.
I am no longer regarded as chattel
I can no longer be beaten by my husband as of right because he wants to discipline me.
I can give evidence in court and the evidencial value of my testimony is accorded the same weight as that of a man.
I can inherit property.
I can expect to earn an honest wage for honest work.
I can work outside the home.
I can have custody of my children after divorce.
I can expect to share marital assets after divorce.
I can expect to be treated justly before any court of law.
If I am killed unlawfully, I should expect that the state will dilligently prosecute the perpetrator to the fullest extent of the law.

Feminism hasn't been bad to me at all.

Ishola Taiwo
Oct 3, 2009, 10:10 PM

Sorry O, I beg to disagree with the two of una...wetin man wan take woman wey get opinion do? Listen, my brain capacity is big enough to do the all the thinking that needs to be done not just for my 180 wives but for any number of additional concubines.

Women are to be seen and not heard (except to ask what I want to eat or in the bedroom where they make noises like "Eja mai God, you are so magnificent, I have came 15 times already...etc. etc.").

Dewdrops
Oct 3, 2009, 11:52 PM
Because Erin Pizzey was the person who founded the first battered womens shelter in the UK, in Chiswick ...West London, People assumed that she was persuaded by The Feminist Ideology.
I suppose she wants to correct that impression.

I think the title is misleading.... since Feminism is not about hating men or denigrating men......but about letting women contribute their fair share to their own lives, and to society, without being made out as second class citizens.

Basically I just think she was just pointing out, that both women and men can be just as abusive and cruel in relationships / families, and used the example of her own abusive parents especially her mother to buttress her point.

That headline was just sensationalism.

O Kwa ya nu nu?(Nor be so?)

My point exactly!

Yem aka nke hi-10!:hail:...Gimme Hi-10....not just Hi-5....

:clap::clap::clap:

Wey M.Akossa?....he he he...Make she come throw the usual bomb for this kain thread.:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJN3iF0XSNk&feature=player_embedded
YouTube - Ma ma se ma ma sa ma ma coo sa[/url]

I can expect to be hired for a job I am qualified to do, and not denied employment, because a man who has a family to look after, needs it more.
I can attend any College/ University of my choice.(no university is barred from admitting me if I qualify to be admitted on account of being a woman)
I can reasonably expect to progress in my career, if I perform to the standards expected of any person holding that post regardless of gender.
I can vote.
I do not need my father, brother, husband or any other male family member. to guarantee my mortgage as a woman.
I can no longer be beaten by my husband as of right because he wants to discipline me.
I can give evidence in court and the evidencial value of my testimony is accorded the same weight as that of a man.
I can inherit property.
If I am killed unlawfully, I should expect that the state will dilligently prosecute the perpetrator to the fullest extent of the law.

Plus, I "can fit to" marry as many men as I want......and discard at will....pay off the troublesome, lazy ones palimony to keep 'em quiet...:wink:

Amiiiiiiiiiiii

Amiiiiiiiiiiii

Amiiiiiiiiiii........Oooooh

Lagbara Jeeee suuuuu!!!!:pray::pray::pray:

It looks like many people especially men suffering from pre-eja-syndrome do not know what the feminism means...:lol:

NoLongThing
Oct 4, 2009, 12:59 AM

Women, being continuously painted as hapless individuals, powerless (in all situations) against menfolk, by bra burning extremists, have become victims at the hands of fellow women.

Kai, Lordy Lordy Lordy. I have a very beautiful mother and extremely beautiful sisters, and I swear if anyone of them thinks or thought this way - God knows I will be guilty of murder i.e. na me go kill them myself. What the heck is wrong with you woman? Damn, for the first time on NVS - I am angry!:(:(:(

HolyPagan
Oct 4, 2009, 08:14 AM
Kai, Lordy Lordy Lordy. I have a very beautiful mother and extremely beautiful sisters, and I swear if anyone of them thinks or thought this way - God knows I will be guilty of murder i.e. na me go kill them myself. What the heck is wrong with you woman? Damn, for the first time on NVS - I am angry!:(:(:(

Coooool Balo Coooool.
Its all about goading....
What I saw in that post, was vestigial angst from the polygamy thread...side step it.

denker
Oct 4, 2009, 08:30 AM
I suppose like everything it depends on the emotional maturity people bring to whatever cause they are championing.

Some women actually believe that feminism equals being misandrists. And have on some level actually hijacked a good cause.
They therefore mistakenly 'over-correct' to the point of seeing anything Male as oppressive.
Just like some black people believe that its not possible for blacks to be racist. And would make excuses for all manner of racism perpetrated by blacks.

Feminism like most idealogies have extreme positions and centrist positions.

At the end of the day, what matters, is that people should treat each other as equals, and not assumed superiority of males, based on nothing but gender.

i must confess am loving some of the dings you spew on the board, nowadays..dat's exactly a fine ways to think...good thought up there!:clap::clap::clap:

denker
Oct 4, 2009, 08:39 AM

I can vote.
I can inherit property.

..of course the thoughts up there are attendant manifestoes of social climes based upon solely on spiritual/mind/logical/rational sophistication/domestication defining dynamism of human minds...am quite sure u ain't talking about dat jungle Nigeria....thank u once again...:clap::clap::clap:

HolyPagan
Oct 4, 2009, 08:43 AM
..of course the thoughts up there are attendant manifestoes of social climes based upon solely on spiritual/mind/logical/rational sophistication/domestication defining dynamism of human minds...am quite sure u ain't talking about dat jungle Nigeria....thank u once again...:clap::clap::clap:
Surely with just my G4, you don't expect me to know what the hell you mean up there.
Break it down...Your grammar too high ahbeg.

HolyPagan
Oct 4, 2009, 08:45 AM
i must confess am loving some of the dings you spew on the board, nowadays..dat's exactly a fine ways to think...good thought up there!:clap::clap::clap:

Yeah that is until you get a new avatar and start cussing me out.

denker
Oct 4, 2009, 10:23 AM

spiritual/mind/logical/rational sophistication/domestication + defining dynamism of human minds...

..abeg, my sista, make u no look at dis in isolation....think again, u gonna understand....if u no understand now, dont worry, there's time for everyding..:p:D

cheers and later o!

Auspicious
Oct 4, 2009, 04:34 PM

I can vote.
I can inherit property.

"And I can look at that Fine Guy strutting along and say:

"'Dayamn, I want me some of that Fine Guy!'"

"And immo get him and (bleep) the heckattahim"

"Feminism is Liberation. And Liberation is Unbriddled Joy! HA! :D"

Suspicious.

agbonizuanghwe
Oct 5, 2009, 07:32 PM
Coooool Balo Coooool.
Its all about goading....
What I saw in that post, was vestigial angst from the polygamy thread...side step it.

This unfortunately, is wrong. However since it will be impossible to disabuse your notions, I will have to let it rest at that.

Just for the records, there is a difference between feminist ideologies and the struggle for women's rights. Don't take my word for it, ask someone else. A person's sex is just one of many determining factors in a woman's outlook, most feminists do not recognise that.

Auspicious
Oct 5, 2009, 07:40 PM
This unfortunately, is wrong..

You needn't confirm nor refute anything to anybody.

Everyone has a right to his or her chosen path to an Orgasm.

Auspicious.

HolyPagan
Oct 6, 2009, 07:05 AM
"......................Just for the records, there is a difference between feminist ideologies and the struggle for women's rights. Don't take my word for it, ask someone else. A person's sex is just one of many determining factors in a woman's outlook, most feminists do not recognise that.

This is the first I've heard that feminist ideology is distinct from the struggle for womens rights.
Please could you let us know what it is then?

For starters, here's a definition of feminism
fem⋅i⋅nism  /ˈfɛməˌnɪzəm/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [fem-uh-niz-uhm] Show IPA

–noun 1. the doctrine advocating social, political, and all other rights of women equal to those of men.
2. (sometimes initial capital letter) an organized movement for the attainment of such rights for women.

Here's also (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism) a rudimentary treatise of what Feminism is about.(culled from Wikipedia)

Feminism is a political discourse aimed at equal rights and legal protection for women. It involves various movements, political and sociological theories, and philosophies, all concerned with issues of gender difference; that advocate equality for women; and that campaign for women's rights and interests

"..............................Feminism has altered predominant perspectives in a wide range of areas within Western society, ranging from culture to law. Feminist activists have campaigned for women's legal rights (rights of contract, property rights, voting rights); for women's right to bodily integrity and autonomy, for abortion rights, and for reproductive rights (including access to contraception and quality prenatal care); for protection of women and girls from domestic violence, sexual harassment and rape;[1][10][11] for workplace rights, including maternity leave and equal pay; against misogyny; and against other forms of discrimination............"

"...........Feminists and scholars have divided the movement's history into three "waves". The first wave refers mainly to women's suffrage movements of the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries (mainly concerned with women's right to vote). The second wave refers to the ideas and actions associated with the women's liberation movement beginning in the 1960s (which campaigned for legal and social equality for women). The third wave refers to a continuation of, and a reaction to the perceived failures of, second-wave feminism, beginning in the 1990s..........."

Ishola Taiwo
Oct 6, 2009, 07:58 AM

I can vote.
I can inherit property.

Delusions about what they are and to what part of the human family (and cultural history) they belong to remains a problem for some Nigerians.

I have heard a member of Nigeria's ruling elites speak of "we in the western world" as if Nigeria were a part of the western world. What kind of strategies would one expect from a mad man like this one?

His of course is an extreme case....

I would like to address the many exaggerations and historical lies that litter the list quoted above. First, it is most likely that the purpose of the list's author is to reassure herself (and convince the rest of us) that feminism rescued African females from a dire fate. Normally, I have no problem with people who lather themselves with illusions, however, I will object when baseless lies and half-truths are presented as gospel in response to any conversation that I am involved in. Ladies and gentlemen, I will speak out.

Our list-maker starts in error. Even before she wrote the first word, she was in error because, for her to conceive the points she made, she had to first buy into the way of thinking that views the (often) monochrome world of the 'white' as being an adequate description for the vast (and complexly varied) interlocking things that are the real worlds of humanity.

Having bought into this fake description, she then dismisses her own indigenous history. A history that tells of fierce independent women who were nobody's 'chattel' - women who, like my great-grandmothers (and their mothers before them), owned businesses, properties, and controlled sectors of political power in their communities.

Women whose rise was in no way impeded by married lives.

I am trying to here to remind those who have conveniently forgotten that long before the word 'feminism' was invented, there were females like the Aba women of 1929 (http://igbokwenu.wikispaces.com/Aba+Women+Rebellion), and Iyalode Efunroye Tinubu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madam_Tinubu)who were a force to be reckoned with.

I would also like to remind all voluntary amnesiacs how even further back in time - in African societies that had not been contaminated with practices and doctrines that came along with the Abrahamic cults (Islam and Christianity) - women played vital and decisive roles in the religious, administrative, economic, and cultural lives of their communities.

In short, I would like to remind ones like our list-maker of a history that has been discarded for the sake of making a point.

What we have here is tantamount to ones who were never slaves allowing themselves to be described as "ex-slaves" (or liberated 'chattel'). Allowing this false naming because you cannot see how it serves a purpose that is not to your benefit. Because, if you are a "liberated slave", then the ones who "liberated" you are ones who are deserving the highest praise. And in this case, since 'feminism' was invented by the so-called white woman, then the 'white' woman is your liberator....a virtual demi-goddess.

I speak only for myself here: it is painful to witness African sisters bowing their head to another on the basis of some weak-ass propaganda.

HolyPagan
Oct 6, 2009, 08:46 AM
Delusions about what they are and to what part of the human family (and cultural history) they belong to remains a problem for some Nigerians.

I have heard a member of Nigeria's ruling elites speak of "we in the western world" as if Nigeria were a part of the western world. What kind of strategies would one expect from a mad man like this one?

His of course is an extreme case....

I would like to address the many exaggerations and historical lies that litter the list quoted above. First, it is most likely that the purpose of the list's author is to reassure herself (and convince the rest of us) that feminism rescued African females from a dire fate. Normally, I have no problem with people who lather themselves with illusions, however, I will object when baseless lies and half-truths are presented as gospel in response to any conversation that I am involved in. Ladies and gentlemen, I will speak out............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................

Eja..I will address you in person...Instead of filling your head with half truths and misinformation, motivated by a misguided sense of Afrocentricism, why don't you get yourself properly informed.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste you know?

The truth of which I speak of on that list is self evident...Only a misogynist will deny it.
I always find it curious how people manifest their fears in various guises....what are you afraid of?
That empowered, women will strip you of your unfounded sense of male superiority?
That enlightened women will show your arguements as lacking in substance?
That educated women will thoroughly rupidiate the lies you peddle?
That independent women will render your tyranny ineffectual.

Parts of Your so called Culture, that are no longer fit for purpose, has been usurped by a superior, more effective, more beneficial one.....get with the programme.
Women are not going back to being your beast of burden...quit the lies and half truths.

Ishola Taiwo
Oct 6, 2009, 08:58 AM
Eja..I will address you in person...Instead of filling your head with half truths and misinformation, motivated by a misguided sense of Afrocentricism, why don't you get yourself properly informed.

The truth of which I speak of on that list is self evident...Only a misogynist will deny it.
I always find it curious how people manifest their fears in various guises....what are you afraid of?
That empowered, women will strip you of your unfounded sense of male superiority?

Parts of Your so called Culture, that are no longer fit for purpose, has been usurped by a superior, more effective, more beneficial one.....get with the programme.
Women are not going back to being your beast of burden...quit the lies and half truths.

liloldlady, I will address you as an Igbo woman: Please confirm that Igbo women like yourself were "beasts of burden", "chattel", "dis-empowered", "unenlightened", and "uneducated" prior to the glorious emergence of the western concept of 'feminism' (that you are busy gnawing on here like some starved dog).

You will note that all the words and terms I have used are based on what you yourself claim to have been 'rescued' from.

For myself, I have never had a beast of burden and I am not interested in acquiring one. So you can rest assured that you are in no danger from me. Now, please deal with my query with as little drama as your tiny warped mind can manage.

denker
Oct 6, 2009, 09:00 AM
my loving little sista knock dat bushman,wat's his name, i forgot, ok, i remember again, little Eja, out of dis thread...lol!

NoLongThing
Oct 6, 2009, 09:01 AM
Eja, the substance and by extension, the essense of what you have written defers not from that which Lil' has written. Also her derivation of the meaning of feminism as applied within a western context does not totally equate to your postulations of the long term existence of the African "feminist" - she is therefore totally correct if she wants to differentiate between the two concepts in making the assertions that she did above.

I therefore submit in line with her position that Western Feminism is a much broader concept than that which you chose or delibrately failed to acknowledge in your post. May we never be prisoners of cultures which seek to hold back abilities.

Ishola Taiwo
Oct 6, 2009, 09:02 AM
Oh and I would also appreciate a break-down of where I "mis-informed" or spoke "half-truths". Was it where I mentioned the Aba Women or, was it Iyalode Tinubu?

I humbly and eagerly await enlightenment from thee oh great female queen with big feminist balls....:clap:

HolyPagan
Oct 6, 2009, 09:04 AM
liloldlady, I will address you as an Igbo woman: Please confirm that Igbo women like yourself were "beasts of burden", "chattel", "dis-empowered", "unenlightened", and "uneducated" prior to the glorious emergence of the western concept of 'feminism' [COLOR="Red"]"](that you are busy gnawing on here like some starved dog).[/B]
You will note that all the words and terms I have used are based on what you yourself claim to have been 'rescued' from.

For myself, I have never had a beast of burden and I am not interested in acquiring one. So you can rest assured that you are in no danger from me. Now, please deal with my query with as little drama as your tiny warped mind can manage.
You are the dog
a dog filled with Xenophobia and hate
a dog filled with hypocrisy and lies
a dog filled with badfaith and lack of goodwill to fellow mankind.
a dog that should be banished from polite society.

so long as you are blinded both literally and figuratively by hate, how are you able to see all the injustices that women have had to labour under, when cowards like you, go about spilling your hateful, spiteful, rhetoric to anybody who is stupid enough to give you the time of day.

Dewdrops
Oct 6, 2009, 09:05 AM

:D:D:D

There are women trying ever so desperately to take themselves back to those days O!

All for deek shortages.....he he he
I just loooooooooooooooooooooooooooove you!:clap:

......and do does Mazi....Denker!!!!!:D

You are toooooooooooooo much!(with the kili-kili in your eyes of course).....:lol:

Ishola Taiwo
Oct 6, 2009, 09:06 AM
Eja, the substance and by extension, the essense of what you have written defers not from that which Lil' has written. Also her derivation of the meaning of feminism as applied within a western context does not totally equate to your postulations of the long term existence of the African "feminist" - she is therefore totally correct if she wants to differentiate between the two concepts in making the assertions that she did above.

I therefore submit in line with her position that Western Feminism is a much broader concept than that which you chose or delibrately failed to acknowledge in your post. May we never be prisoners of cultures which seek to hold back abilities.

Balo, calling one like Iyalode Tinubu a feminist would be as incorrect/inaccurate as calling Oduduwa an Africanist or even a Nigerian. Also, please note that at no time has liloldlady (and the rest of her coven) ever identified themselves as Feminists who are looking at matters from the African perspective. One can only agree with such a stance if one believes that such a perspective has no validity.

Dewdrops
Oct 6, 2009, 09:07 AM
You are the dog

so long as you are blinded both literally and figuratively by hate, how are you able to see all the injustices that women have had to labour under, when cowards like you, go about spilling your hateful, spiteful, rhetoric to anybody who is stupid enough to give you the time of day.

Nne please take it easy.......you know that 'it is sense' we use to handle these things huh?:rose:

HolyPagan
Oct 6, 2009, 09:07 AM
:D:D:D

There are women trying ever so desperately to take themselves back to those days O!

All for deek shortages.....he he he
I just loooooooooooooooooooooooooooove you!:clap:

......and do does Mazi....Denker!!!!!:D

You are toooooooooooooo much!(with the kili-kili in your eyes of course).....:lol:
My sister, I go knock pesin teet komot for dis thread today....na me an Eja today.

Ishola Taiwo
Oct 6, 2009, 09:09 AM
You are the dog

Oh my, must be that time of the month. Wassup liloldbeach? Tampon too big and rugged? Pele O. Tell you what, lets take this up again in seven days time when your hormones are more balanced. OK?

Dewdrops
Oct 6, 2009, 09:14 AM

I therefore submit in line with her position that Western Feminism is a much broader concept than that which you chose or delibrately failed to acknowledge in your post.

May we never be prisoners of cultures which seek to hold back abilities.

I need more icons in this village.....to really demonstrate how I feel.....YES....I am chasing you....:lol:

How do we get an icon for 'mating season'.....for example?:p

I would most definitely looooooooooooooooooooove to "propagate" your species....Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee of chhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhharge....:rose:

HolyPagan

Thank You my brother...
Eja is trying to make a distinction without a difference.
Injustice is injustice, giving it an African hue, does not deter from the very fact that it is injustice, and so should its correction.
Does it matter that the very origins of that correction, is from outside the shores of Africa?
Does it matter that the very ideology, that has put paid to the many wrongs that women endured, did not originate from our shores?
what matters is that women can at least to larger or lesser degree, enjoy the various freedoms I enumerated in that list.

Ishola Taiwo
my loving little sista knock dat bushman,wat's his name, i forgot, ok, i remember again, little Eja, out of dis thread...lol!

Mazi rinky-dink denker of Austria, na wetin be your own? Make una wait for me. I dey go work now, Cash you all later tonight?

Auf wiedersehen mein kookoo schweinhunds....:D

Dewdrops
Oct 6, 2009, 09:15 AM
My sister, I go knock pesin teet komot for dis thread today....na me an Eja today.

Mba mba mba.....there are other ways.......:D

Janjaweed
Oct 6, 2009, 09:16 AM

On the contrary Li'l, you are the one that should seek to understand the deep truths that Eja speaks about, which could be summarised as:

"You were already achieving most of the stuff on your list, even before the advent of feminism"

"Women were already empowered before feminism became a quasi-ideological chant"

denker
Oct 6, 2009, 09:20 AM
...ultimate supremacy in thought is rediscovery of ones in sense which embrace the philosophy of reunification of oneness..there's always danger exploiting dis by application of irrelevant differentiation -only fools get entangled in dis experimentation.

ps: if u no understand, always keep in mind, there's time for everyding...too many wrong thoughts, the signs are all written over Nigeria....cheers!

HolyPagan
Oct 6, 2009, 09:21 AM
Balo, calling one like Iyalode Tinubu a feminist would be as incorrect/inaccurate as calling Oduduwa an Africanist or even a Nigerian. Also, please note that at no time has liloldlady (and the rest of her coven) ever identified themselves as Feminists who are looking at matters from the African perspective. One can only agree with such a stance if one believes that such a perspective has no validity.
Eja you take this your Africanism to ridiculous extents, and you do the African ethos a grave injustice.

Is justice not a universal principle of right in any society?
Is truth not a universal principle of right in any society?

Is there an African brand of truth?
Is there an African brand of justice?

Why are you trying to twist this into some kind of perverse game of US vs THEM.
The heartbreak of a mother, who is not allowed to see her children, because of the breakup of her marriage, is the same whether she is from Buckingham Palace or a remote village in Nigeria.
Trying to spin this along your usual lines of Xenophia is laughable.

HolyPagan
Oct 6, 2009, 09:31 AM
On the contrary Li'l, you are the one that should seek to understand the deep truths that Eja speaks about, which could be summarised as:

"You were already achieving most of the stuff on your list, even before the advent of feminism"

"Women were already empowered before feminism became a quasi-ideological chant"
You are talking about history....I am talking the reality on the ground.
what you have given there are isolated examples...they do not constitute the mainstream.

Janjaweed...In your own native law and custom, can women inherit land?
Unless a woman inherits land by virtue of a testamentary instrument today, she cannot inherit real estate in our land tenure system.
As a wife/Daughter, the only rights a woman can have with regard to land in our culture is that of USE. The sole proprietary rights to land rests with men and men alone..abi I lie?

I am 43yrs Old. In my lifetime, I can remember when women were not sent to school... because according to some parents, they will get married and therefore take all of the resources spent on them to their husbands home.
Advocates of womens rights, have made that type of mindset achaic.

The right to determine for oneselves how far one can go in life, is not a right that has always been there for us women.

Dewdrops
Oct 6, 2009, 09:35 AM
This is the first I've heard that feminist ideology is distinct from the struggle for womens rights.
Please could you let us know what it is then?

For starters, here's a definition of feminism
fem⋅i⋅nism  /ˈfɛməˌnɪzəm/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [fem-uh-niz-uhm] Show IPA

–noun 1. the doctrine advocating social, political, and all other rights of women equal to those of men.
2. (sometimes initial capital letter) an organized movement for the attainment of such rights for women.

Here's also (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism) a rudimentary treatise of what Feminism is about.(culled from Wikipedia)

Feminism is a political discourse aimed at equal rights and legal protection for women. It involves various movements, political and sociological theories, and philosophies, all concerned with issues of gender difference; that advocate equality for women; and that campaign for women's rights and interests

"..............................Feminism has altered predominant perspectives in a wide range of areas within Western society, ranging from culture to law. Feminist activists have campaigned for women's legal rights (rights of contract, property rights, voting rights); for women's right to bodily integrity and autonomy, for abortion rights, and for reproductive rights (including access to contraception and quality prenatal care); for protection of women and girls from domestic violence, sexual harassment and rape;[1][10][11] for workplace rights, including maternity leave and equal pay; against misogyny; and against other forms of discrimination............"

"...........Feminists and scholars have divided the movement's history into three "waves". The first wave refers mainly to women's suffrage movements of the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries (mainly concerned with women's right to vote). The second wave refers to the ideas and actions associated with the women's liberation movement beginning in the 1960s (which campaigned for legal and social equality for women). The third wave refers to a continuation of, and a reaction to the perceived failures of, second-wave feminism, beginning in the 1990s..........."

How did I miss this?

I have told you many a'time that the monies paid for your education and personal grooming have yielded dividends too the max!

Please keep educating those free education in Nigeria...thanks to AWO....failed.

Gosh...if you think education is expensive....make una come try ignorance for this thread O!

I just can't believe some responses I see sometimes on this NVS......totally devoid of the most basic form of elementary comprehension.

Lord have mercy!

....and this is 2009?:confused1

With people living 'abroad'?:confused1

What will those in Nigeria who never left be thinking?:confused1

May God continue to save our daughters O!

Dewdrops
Oct 6, 2009, 09:42 AM
what you have given there are isolated examples...they do not constitute the mainstream.

Unless a woman inherits land by virtue of a testamentary instrument today, she cannot inherit real estate in our land tenure system.
As a wife/Daughter, the only rights a woman can have with regard to land in our culture is that of USE. The sole proprietary rights to land rests with men and men alone..abi I lie?

I am 43yrs Old. In my lifetime, I can remember when women were not sent to school... because according to some parents, they will get married and therefore take all of the resources spent on them to their husbands home.

The right to determine for oneselves how far one can go in life, is not a right that has always been there for us women.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang...you mean we are age mates....more love coming ya way...

Please educate these toddlers here jare...:rose:

No wonder we get along sooooooooooooo well.....:D

I taya for all these "The Young Shall Grow" by the "Grace of Ekene Dili Chukwu".....

I guess patience is all it would take to make them catch up...:lol:

HolyPagan
Oct 6, 2009, 09:49 AM
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang...you mean we are age mates....more love coming ya way...

Please educate these toddlers here jare...:rose:

No wonder we get along sooooooooooooo well.....:D

I taya for all these "The Young Shall Grow" by the "Grace of Ekene Dili Chukwu".....

I guess patience is all it would take to make them catch up...:lol:
Daaayuuum...I just outted myself. Thats why they say never post in a huff.

Dewdrops
Oct 6, 2009, 10:01 AM
Daaayuuum...I just outted myself. Thats why they say never post in a huff.

It is all gooooooooooood...we still need to see birth ce-fi-ti-cates around here....ESPECIALLY in this village.....he he he.......some peeps fit don reach 80 years old sef....he he he...come dey 'denge'-'denge' for hia.....:lol:

Just fire on....I am soooooooooo loving your imput....

I never knew feminism in Africa was for Africans by Africans...as per determiined by some 'special African men and women'.......even the oyinbo peeps that invented the term are slackers....:lol:

Is that what is called "Afrofeminocrazzzzzzzzzzzzy"?:D

Next pwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeze...

Make this Liloldlady finish una for this thread as usual....

No fighting please...we save that for "Town Hall"....:lol:

Gadddddddddddddemit...it is only 4AM...this NVS no go kill porson sha with lack of sleep.

You just don't want to miss anything....thank God I am awake to witness the 'mayhem' on this thread...before posts start disappearing all over the place...he he he

Janjaweed
Oct 6, 2009, 10:07 AM

Answers below:

A major question in Yoruba inheritance in the past was that of the relative rights of the siblings and children of the deceased (Lloyd, 1962: 282ń300). In the 19th century, the estate of a well-to-do man might have included slaves, horses, money, an extensive wardrobe and pawns, in addition to rights over wives and children. Originally his main beneficiaries would have been his full siblings. In 1858, a decision of the Ibadan chiefs apparently increased the rights of the children against those of the siblings, though according to Fadipe the old pattern was still regarded as the ideal in Ijebu into the present century (1970: 140ń6; cf. Awolowo, 1960: 33).

The present rule is that the property a man acquires himself passes to his children, while the property he inherits passes to his siblings. His status as a member of his own sibling group passes to the next most senior sibling or to the eldest son of the group of full brothers, while his status as head of his own nuclear family passes to his eldest son. When he dies, his personal property, such as houses he built himself on his own land, or cocoa farms he cultivated himself, becomes the 'family property' of his descendants, and the eldest son succeeds his father as administrator of it. On the death of the eldest son, the role is taken over by the next most senior son, and so on. If the group gets too large, and the property involved is substantial (for instance, a large number of houses) it may be partitioned between the groups of full siblings among his children or their descendants. After partition, other segments of the descent group cease to have any claim on it.

In the case of property divided between a man's children, the division is usually per stirpes, i.e. on the basis of groups of full siblings, rather than per capita (Lloyd, 1962: 297). Thus if a man has three wives, all of whom have produced children, the property is divided into three equal shares, irrespective of the number of children in each sibling group. Whether the mother was a legal wife or a casual lover is also immaterial, as long as the children contribute to the expenses of their father's funeral. The cognatic element in Yoruba inheritance arises from the rights of women to their parents' property. Women generally have inheritance rights similar to those of men where possible. With more and more wealth invested in assets like cash, property and cocoa farms from which women can benefit, these rights have been increasingly exercised. In addition, many women are wealthy in their own right, through trade. As the property of a wealthy man is likely to be divided up between the groups of his children by a number of wives, while women pass the bulk of their property on to their children alone, it is common for an individual to inherit more from his mother than from his father. In areas like Egba where land rights tend to be partitioned among individual farmers, the land rights of a man with no sons will pass to his daughters. Thus a farmer may often inherit land rights from his mother.

Source http://lucy.ukc.ac.uk/YorubaT/yt3.html

Dewdrops
Oct 6, 2009, 10:11 AM
Utter rubbish!

...and the woman who gave birth to the children becomes a destitute with absolutely no provisions made for her upkeep.....Your father gives you out to a man.....you lose your father's last name.....then you get phocked to death rasing children.....when the man dies......with all that bumping and grinding macho madness....the children and his siblings get it all...you the woman will carry your old and dilapidated pussy(which is ALL of what she has left really) and sha go and quench somewhere..... if she is lucky enough...one roach will miss road and scratch her arse or she may be lucky enough to have some flies to perch on them titties before she dies.....totally used and abused......

Twa!

Femisnism in Afrca.......just sha sha don't go to school...if you do...keep your certificate or diploma in a tin box...and answer madam 'home maker' or "Olurumbi Housewife"........ open your legs and breed like a rabbit to prove to all his kinsmen you are a reaaaaaaaal woman.....then he acquires more women....breeds more kids....while you struggle to compete to have as many as possible or try to win a world championship ring as 'fave wifey'......then the man quenches on one of his wives or concubines......leaving all the women in fixes.....totally unaccounted for...

Nonsense!

See why I nor fit marry Yoruba man....I fit shag am....but marry? Lai lai......But thank God for the few who do not practice these 'vile' things....and they are all married to NON-Yorubas who do not put with/encourage these backwardness...there is hope for Africa after all.:rose:

No wonder Baba Suwe wife quench....don rotten for grave.....

The present rule is that the property a man acquires himself passes to his children, while the property he inherits passes to his siblings. His status as a member of his own sibling group passes to the next most senior sibling or to the eldest son of the group of full brothers, while his status as head of his own nuclear family passes to his eldest son. When he dies, his personal property, such as houses he built himself on his own land, or cocoa farms he cultivated himself, becomes the 'family property' of his descendants, and the eldest son succeeds his father as administrator of it. On the death of the eldest son, the role is taken over by the next most senior son, and so on. If the group gets too large, and the property involved is substantial (for instance, a large number of houses) it may be partitioned between the groups of full siblings among his children or their descendants. After partition, other segments of the descent group cease to have any claim on it.

Thunder faya all those "awoof" siblings!

Then those without sons will keep shagging every Iroko tree in the forest to produce one....while all the females in the household become prostitutes dying to fend for themselves!

Bull.sheeet!

denker
Oct 6, 2009, 10:29 AM
people, may i abeg for your attention, special my loving sista, liloldlady, after finish butchering dat bushmeat aka Eja, abeg, reserve for me his phallus..i heard dat where he dey come from men dey use the ding as potency melecin...lol!

HolyPagan
Oct 6, 2009, 10:30 AM
The present rule is that the property a man acquires himself passes to his children, while the property he inherits passes to his siblings. His status as a member of his own sibling group passes to the next most senior sibling or to the eldest son of the group of full brothers, while his status as head of his own nuclear family passes to his eldest son. When he dies, his personal property, such as houses he built himself on his own land, or cocoa farms he cultivated himself, becomes the 'family property' of his descendants, and the eldest son succeeds his father as administrator of it. On the death of the eldest son, the role is taken over by the next most senior son, and so on. If the group gets too large, and the property involved is substantial (for instance, a large number of houses) it may be partitioned between the groups of full siblings among his children or their descendants. After partition, other segments of the descent group cease to have any claim on it

Now add to above quote this one alsoInheritance under Customary law in Nigeria (http://www.muslimpersonallaw.co.za/inheritancedocs/lawandpractices%20in%20Nigeria.pdf)

Law And Practice
With respect to intestate succession in Nigeria, there is a
wide gap between law and practice. The existing laws with
regard to intestacy of persons married under the Act are hardly
enforced. The position in practice is that when a man dies
intestate, the tendency or the usual practice in most Igbo–
speaking states of Eastern Region is to subject all his estate–both
realty and personally – to customary laws of intestate succession.
Needless to say, these customary laws are very discriminatory
against women.
The probate divisions of the High Court would hardly
grant a woman alone letters of Administration. It must be jointly
with the male children of over 21 years or a near male relative of
the deceased husband.
Inheritance Under Customary Law
It is significant to observe that lives the of a majority of
Nigerians are governed by customary laws. Not surprisingly
about 80% of disposition of property are settled under customary
law. The fact that many states do not have appropriate laws to
deal with intestate succession has also increased the application
of customary laws in distribution of real and personal property.
Since customary laws are generally heavily weighted
against women, their rights of inheritance suffer unduly in the
face of systematic gender discriminatory and oppressive rules.

I hope you are able to see that native law and custom does not give women any semblance of equality when it comes to inheritance issues.

Spicey
Oct 6, 2009, 10:36 AM
Never a dull moment on NVS,

Spicey
Oct 6, 2009, 10:41 AM
Never a dull moment on NVS, let the tempo come down. i'm sure we can

HolyPagan
Oct 6, 2009, 10:42 AM
Inheritance in Yoruba land (http://www.questia.com/PM.qst?a=o&d=89172081)

We have seen in the preceding chapters that there is a considerable
variety in the social and political structure of the Yoruba kingdoms.
These have produced in the customary rules of inheritance some
striking differences of detail within broad uniform principles. These
arise from the fact that in Ekiti and in Egba (in the past, though less so
today) succession to rights in land is in the male line; the corporate
descent group is thus the patrilineage. In Ijebu and Ondo these rights
may pass in both the male and female lines and hence cognatic descent
groups are formed. In both types of corporate group the succession to
rights within the group is basically similar.
Sooo If you happen to be an Ekiti or Egba woman....better get your begging bowls out.

Janjaweed
Oct 6, 2009, 12:48 PM
Inheritance in Yoruba land (http://www.questia.com/PM.qst?a=o&d=89172081)

Sooo If you happen to be an Ekiti or Egba woman....better get your begging bowls out.

Li'l, now you are being cheeky. The same referenced link directly beside that which you bolded is the following:

These arise from the fact that in Ekiti and in Egba (in the past, though less so today)....

From the link I previously supplied:

Women generally have inheritance rights similar to those of men where possible. With more and more wealth invested in assets like cash, property and cocoa farms from which women can benefit, these rights have been increasingly exercised. In addition, many women are wealthy in their own right, through trade. As the property of a wealthy man is likely to be divided up between the groups of his children by a number of wives, while women pass the bulk of their property on to their children alone, it is common for an individual to inherit more from his mother than from his father.

That presupposes that women have inheritance rights in that part of the country. Just so you know that every society is a work in progress, as evidenced by the below from my original link:

In the 19th century, the estate of a well-to-do man might have included slaves, horses, money, an extensive wardrobe and pawns, in addition to rights over wives and children. Originally his main beneficiaries would have been his full siblings. In 1858, a decision of the Ibadan chiefs apparently increased the rights of the children against those of the siblings, though according to Fadipe the old pattern was still regarded as the ideal in Ijebu into the present century (1970: 140ń6; cf. Awolowo, 1960: 33).

That, to my mind, is the crux of Eja's argument, which is that these rights/changes were already in existence before the advent of feminism. I will encourage you to read the entire e-book from that link which is quite voluminous. It is however well researched and highly informative.

HolyPagan
Oct 6, 2009, 02:04 PM
@Janjaweed.....
Women are full human beings, and should not be seen as lesser mortals, for whom mere crumbs of social justice, tossed their way is enough.

At the risk of splitting hairs with you, I need to point out that the premise of my post is that traditionally we did not have equal inheritance rights like men until womens rights sensitised society to the inequity of the status-quo.
In that article you highlighted
and I quote "(in the past, though less so today)".... you at least acknowledge that in the past, womens inheritance rights were meagre, compared to men, or in most cases even non existent, case in Ondo and Ijebu lands.are an exception(ie for Yorubas)
In other parts of Nigeria, like in Igbo land, women did not inherit land at all.

Have you stopped to ponder what the intervening influence was, that sensitised society, to the inequity inherent in the traditional manner of inheritance...so much so that it is less so today?

You have been harping on Cognatic inheritance practices, which is practiced by a minority of ethnic groups.... what about women who were born in places (Majority too) where it was the corporate inheritance practices, which are Patrilineal in practice and the norm?
Do they not end up with nothing?

I have no doubt in my mind, that were the roles reversed, you will not see the issue of lack of gender equality, as obtains in our traditional society, with the same level of equanimity.

Look at the big picture please.....women's rights were not in anyway, entrenched or assured like we have today....and it is still a far cry from what it ought to be.

Janjaweed
Oct 6, 2009, 03:25 PM
@Li’l,

Much obliged for your decision not to split hairs. Also, pardon my ignorance, for I do not know what particularly obtains in Igboland. What I believe Eja – and in some instances my humble self – is saying is that there are undue generalisations in a lot of ideologies/issues some of us imbibe and rail against. Sorry I have to go back to the link earlier supplied, but there is clear evidence that there are active reviews of societal practices and culture, particularly in Yorubaland, which directly opposes the assumption that we are primitive people who are immune from or resistant to change.

In Yorubaland, women were involved in decision making, including on matters relating to land and inheritance, with no obstacle placed in their path in the acquisition of material wealth. Women were also free to dispense with their properties as they pleased, with the society particularly frowning on men that sought to inherit their women. Also note the role of the Iyalode (http://nigerianwiki.com/wiki/Iyalode#) in traditional Yoruba societies and determine whether women were subjugated or not:

Iyalode is a chieftancy title commonly bestowed on women in Yorubaland. Traditionally, the Iyalode signifies the "queens of ladies" and is given to the most prominent and distinguished lady in or from the town. Like many other notable chieftancy titles given by the Oba, the Iyalode has assisting lieutenants such as the Otun Iyalode, Osi, and Ekerin. In many traditional Yoruba cities and towns some Iyalodes used to command the respect of a group of warriors and she is also the major representative of women in the traditional council where the voice of women are heard.

In ancient Oyo, the Iyalode was the most senior female in the hierarchy of chiefs, however, in Ondo, it is the Lobun and in Ilesa, the Arise. In Oyo and Ife during the eighteenth century, women in the palace came to play a more powerful role in their polities. Following the collapse of the Oyo empire and subsequent civil wars, a new a breed of women leaders who were both astute and enterprising in Abeokuta and Ibadan became Iyalodes re-defining their roles and competing with male chiefs in goods and slaves.

I have absolutely no problem with gender equality and i agree with you that more needs to be done to redress past and current injustices in certain societies. What i however have a problem with is propensity of not having a sense of history, as exhibited by many of our brothers and sisters.

HolyPagan
Oct 6, 2009, 03:45 PM
@Li’l,I have absolutely no problem with gender equality and i agree with you that more needs to be done to redress past and current injustices in certain societies. What i however have a problem with is propensity of not having a sense of history, as exhibited by many of our brothers and sisters.
Sorry to sound cynical....
what use is history to me, TODAY, If as a girl child, I can have my clitoris removed by crude surgical excision because I am not supposed to enjoy sex as a female. Which maims me for life should I not die from infection or excessive bleeding.

What use is history to me TODAY, if as a girl child, I am not allowed to attend school, inspite of Queen Amina having been a Famous Queen and a good role model for women.

What use is history to me, TODAY, if I can still be beaten my my husband and it be sanctioned by tradition because he is a man and it is his right.

What use is history TODAY to all those women who died in Childbirth, because of the lack of reproductive rights, since tradition decreed that they have as many children as their husbands decreed and they have no choice but to continue bearing children until it was final curtains

All these things and a lot lot more, are happening in Nigeria today, This very moment as we post on this thread...Wednesday the 6th day of October 2009.
Despite pages and pages of History telling us how great we had it in history.

What use is history to me today, if should my father die intestate, because of tradition and inheritance rights under native law and custom, I cannot inherit anything from his real estate, courtesy of being a woman.

NoLongThing
Oct 6, 2009, 04:59 PM
I need more icons in this village.....to really demonstrate how I feel.....YES....I am chasing you....:lol:

How do we get an icon for 'mating season'.....for example?:p

I would most definitely looooooooooooooooooooove to "propagate" your species....Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee of chhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhharge....:rose:

Babine, dis one na for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSfuK60HfMU&feature=PlayList&p=F400666194ECB875&index=68
YouTube - D'banj-fall in Love[/url]

Namio
Oct 6, 2009, 05:15 PM
Wow! I missed all these.

Some people are still trying to hijack women's Lib as a personal fight.

I think it will be a mistake to take on liloldlady as a defender of women. That will be a losing endeavor. I think it is really counter productive. The reason she will garner support is because of men's past domination of women.

I think Lola Falana, the actress said it best that, it should not be about women's liberation but about human's liberation.

African history teaches us that in our culture, women are the most important partner in the family. They actually control the family. Liloldlay mention Queen Amina but so were Moremi, Queen Nzinga of Angola a military strategist leader and warrior, Queen of Sheba still has a place in Ijebu and different gods before them in Yoruba culture.

In many ruling houses in Yoruba land at least, we know you can not become a king through your father's side because that king may be a bastard. Oba can only be crowned through mother's side.

As for the families, up to today, it is the women that hold families together. The father is there to reinforce the power of woman over the family and children in particular and defend them against external threat. We see this in animal behavior, lions go out and hunt and share the food with their friends. When lioness go out to hunt, she shares it with the children and the lion!

So what is my problem with liloldlady?

Africans realize women power before the western world and their own form of confrontation is destructive. The only women with so much hot air as liloldlady are Americans, though she is Briton. Yet in the western world, they still lag behind women in Canada and Europe in terms of benefit that are targeted to women. Paid and longer maternity leave, easy access to healthcare, closer in pay parity and others. They accomplished all these by working with men most of the time and confrontation as a last resort.

Liloldlady style may send a wrong message to young ladies that the best way to get ahead is through American form of women's lib. It is a loser and a none starter as evidence shows in Canada and Europe. There is no other friend of a women as man, even if she has to share him. Women to women friendship has a limit and also a benefit that can not be obtained from a man. Somebody else said, she is tired of fighting men, just wants to enjoy them.

Yes, injustice still remains in Africa but follow your women heroes to power. Women's Lib will leave you stake/stark naked.

NoLongThing
Oct 6, 2009, 06:25 PM
That was just the intro, this is the one we will use on our day. :2love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_t8tBrZuqo
YouTube - P Square No One Like You (Official Video)[/url]

Dewdrops
Oct 6, 2009, 07:12 PM
hmm...hmmmm.hmmm...Balo......my 'the only'.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm3hJVvqKcw
YouTube - Brandy & Monica-The Boy Is Mine[/url]

Dewdrops
Oct 6, 2009, 07:26 PM
Wow! I missed all these.

I think it will be a mistake to take on liloldlady as a defender of women. That will be a losing endeavor. I think it is really counter productive. The reason she will garner support is because of men's past domination of women.

I think Lola Falana, the actress said it best that, it should not be about women's liberation but about human's liberation.

African history teaches us that in our culture, women are the most important partner in the family. They actually control the family. Liloldlay mention Queen Amina but so were Moremi, Queen Nzinga of Angola a military strategist leader and warrior, Queen of Sheba still has a place in Ijebu and different gods before them in Yoruba culture.

In many ruling houses in Yoruba land at least, we know you can not become a king through your father's side because that king may be a bastard. Oba can only be crowned through mother's side.

As for the families, up to today, it is the women that hold families together. The father is there to reinforce the power of woman over the family and children in particular and defend them against external threat. We see this in animal behavior, lions go out and hunt and share the food with their friends. When lioness go out to hunt, she shares it with the children and the lion!

So what is my problem with liloldlady?

Africans realize women power before the western world and their own form of confrontation is destructive. The only women with so much hot air as liloldlady are Americans, though she is Briton. Yet in the western world, they still lag behind women in Canada and Europe in terms of benefit that are targeted to women. Paid and longer maternity leave, easy access to healthcare, closer in pay parity and others. They accomplished all these by working with men most of the time and confrontation as a last resort.

Liloldlady style may send a wrong message to young ladies that the best way to get ahead is through American form of women's lib. It is a loser and a none starter as evidence shows in Canada and Europe. There is no other friend of a women as man, even if she has to share him. Women to women friendship has a limit and also a benefit that can not be obtained from a man. Somebody else said, she is tired of fighting men, just wants to enjoy them.

Yes, injustice still remains in Africa but follow your women heroes to power.

Women's Lib will leave you stake/stark naked.

Kei Menini!

Naijah dudes na waya!

So feminism=women's lib=confrontation?:lol:

Na wah for this Yoruba culture O! With all the schooling, you still want to hang on to the relics of the past.

How many Moremis and Amina do we have in 2009....frankly those women fared better than those currently living in Nigeria presently.

Is this the reality on ground Liloldlady is trying to point out to us all.

Of what use is this history?

What women heroes or heroines? Stella Obasanjo or Turai Yaradua?:confused1

Please...Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is my heroine....and she is bloody well damn out of Africa....

Shioooooooooooooor!

Liloldlady...over to you abegggioooooooooooooooo....chai!!!!

Auspicious
Oct 6, 2009, 07:54 PM
+

I just want to say that word again:

FEMNAZI!

Yup, it gives you a high when you say it.

You don't believe me? Ah, try it - I say TRY ETEE! :twisted:

Auspicious.

HolyPagan
Oct 6, 2009, 08:54 PM
Wow! I missed all these.

I think it will be a mistake to take on liloldlady as a defender of women. That will be a losing endeavor. I think it is really counter productive. The reason she will garner support is because of men's past domination of women. You don't say...Now you agree there has been domination of women eh?

I agree with you wholly...only problem is that some people, do not want women to have any kind of liberation, because according to them "It is contrary to our cultural norms" as if Women are not humans too.

African history teaches us that in our culture, women are the most important partner in the family. They actually control the family. Liloldlay mentioned Queen Amina but so were Moremi, Queen Nzinga of Angola a military strategist leader and warrior, Queen of Sheba still has a place in Ijebu and different gods before them in Yoruba culture. Those are confined to the annals of history luv....like Janet Jackson once asked...."What have they done for me lately"...You see... living in the past has its merits, fighting for dignity and equal rights for women,TODAY...is hardly going to benefit from knowing that 200yrs ago, there once lived a strong woman....Please tell me, how will the fact that Moremi once lived, stop a 12yr old girl child, from being torn from limb to limb, by a 40yr old so called husband.

So what is my problem with liloldlady? Wow!!! you got a problem with me?.......You really have too much time for folks who don't even know you exist.

Africans realize women power before the western world and their own form of confrontation is destructive. The only women with so much hot air as liloldlady are Americans, though she is Briton. Yet in the western world, they still lag behind women in Canada and Europe in terms of benefit that are targeted to women. Paid and longer maternity leave, easy access to healthcare, closer in pay parity and others. They accomplished all these by working with men most of the time and confrontation as a last resort. Your form of female emancipation is Polygamy...the most destructive form of family structure you can concieve of.
You have shown that you do not have the interest of women at heart...It is news to me, that African women have more gender equality than their western sisters. We see evidence of it all over Africa don't we.:rolleyes:

Liloldlady style may send a wrong message to young ladies that the best way to get ahead is through American form of women's lib. It is a loser and a none starter as evidence shows in Canada and Europe. There is no other friend of a women as man, even if she has to share him. Women to women friendship has a limit and also a benefit that can not be obtained from a man. Somebody else said, she is tired of fighting men, just wants to enjoy them. Only the Misogynistic mind concieves gender equality as FIGHTING men. Just as Racial equality is not fighting whites, advocating Gender equality is not fighting men either.

Yes, injustice still remains in Africa but follow your women heroes to power. Women's Lib will leave you stake/stark naked.
You don't say.....How the hell do you do that, when we have people like you, touting achaic, practices like Polygamy as your form of women's emancipation.

Namio
Oct 6, 2009, 10:03 PM
How the hell do you do that, when we have people like you, touting achaic, practices like Polygamy as your form of women's emancipation.

liloldlady,

Are you saying I do not believe in the liberation of women?

Please, spare me some benefit of doubt at least. The fact is I have fought and got shafted fighting for equality of human, man or woman period. I still nurse my scar.

I think we are confusing polygamy with liberation of women. These are two separate doctrines because women liberation gave women a choice between polygamy and monogamy. That is the whole point of liberation to decide which one benefit or fits one's lifestyle.

You brought up a good example to illustrate my point:

Please tell me, how will the fact that Moremi once lived, stop a 12yr old girl child, from being torn from limb to limb, by a 40yr old so called husband.

Is that an exclusive threat to young girls only in polygamy and not in monogamy as in Polaski and Americans and Britons running to Asia looking for little girls. Most of us are sick of reading these stories everyday.

If that was in Africa, people would be crying. In those days, maybe, but then they allow them to grow up before any sexual encounter. Only a deviant at the risk of his life would do that today anywhere. I do not want to digress, but that was the norm during the time of slaves brought from Africa by their masters. At puberty, their mothers must report to their master or face heavy punishment.

liloldlady, I respect your position but we do not have to sensationalize others' position to gain an advantage. Please remember there are women going into their late 20s, 30s without a husband, not because they can not find any earlier but simply because they can not find the ones they want. Yes, they would rather chose polygamy than remain in their parents' home.

We celebrate the fact that you can go to school, buy your own house and even make more money than a man. What good is that if a man is absent? Or what good is a wealthy man without at least a wife and children?

I mentioned it before, Margaret Thatcher could not tell young girls to work hard and reach their goals after she got a LEG UP with a married old man. Year, he later married her.

I can not understand this obssession about those crying against old men with young ladies when that is exactly what they do as cougers with young men. Wasting the boys' time knowing they can not procreate.

As far as equality is concern, please you can count on me. Not oppression of man by woman or women by man. I guess you do not know how some women who earn higher salaries than their husband oppress them at home. You wouldn't know. Believe me, some women do not know how to manage higher salary at home. They behave worse than the disease we are all trying to cure.

Cheers!

Auspicious
Oct 7, 2009, 02:01 AM
+

Just Wondering, Folks:

Why, again, do some of the most down-to-earth, naturally intelligent, sophisticated, enlightened, broad-minded, cool, classy, peace-loving, easy-going etc women out there - yeah, why do those kind of women tend (or prefer) to have LESS friends of THEIR OWN gender, but MORE friends of the OPPOSITE GENDER?

I nor kuku axe henibody kuextion o, I jus' dey wonda aRoud, abeg. :confused:

Before some 'Efem Nna Eze' come-come take answer bazooka me. :eek:

Hmmm..this world sef! O ga jere..:neutral:

Auspicious.

Ishola Taiwo
Oct 7, 2009, 05:07 AM
Ummm yass, just in case the message did not get through on all channels last time, here it is again : No, the Aba Market Women of 1929 were not 'feminists' - and neither was Iyalode Tinubu. They were simply women who fought to assert their rights without bothering to rely on any crappy 'ism'.

There are several insidious memes doing the round and, the idea that history does not matter is one of them. There is a great hypocrisy in the application of this idea by liloldwetincall in this case because, ones like her will only resort to this retarded form of reasoning when some specific fact of history (and its meaning) cannot be countered.

Here now we have seen the liloldhypocrite asking me why I am talking about things from the past; because as far she is concerned, none of the things I mentioned matters. Well, I hope she remembers this the next times ones come here and start talking about the effects Nigeria vs. Biafra had/has on their kith and kin. I also hope she will remember that the past does not matter when people are talking about what Obasanjo, Babangida, Abacha or Andy Uba did.

In fact, if we all follow her prescription, everyday will be a brand new day that has nothing to do with yesterday....

I also noticed that she is yet to clarify (and back up) her statement about how 'feminism' saved Igbo women from various forms of male barbarism.

Funnily enough though, she is able to dig (like a good old doggy) and find some rotten bone on which false facts were scrawled in regard to Yoruba inheritance customs. I call this alleged customs false because I have direct knowledge of Yoruba women inheriting from their father and mother. I have used the examples of both my great-mothers before. I will now include grandmothers, mother, aunts and cousins in the list of women whose full rights as a human had no need to wait for some 'white' woman's ism before being asserted.

To clarify further, it was not the effects of 'feminism' that permitted my youngish cousins and aunts to inherit from their parents. As already stated, great-grandmothers and grandmothers were owners of property through inheritance and enterprise. Anyone who would call this an effect of 'feminism' is basically no different from the lunatics who would describe as an effect of christianity or islam any and all examples of human decency/civilised behaviour in our community.

Again: only ones who are too far gone in a inferiority complex inspired self-hating delusion would ascribe to this belief.

Let this liloldcraptalker stick to what she knows. It is obvious that aside from the tidbits she read online, she knows nothing about the Yoruba. But, I will assume that she knows about her own people so, liloldbag, you are once again invited to confirm that Igbo men (like the scrofulous masturbator Denker) used to oppress the hell out of you Igbo women before the western ideology called 'feminism' rescued your dainty selves from their yam-powered clutches.

I would guess that the main thing preventing you (liloldflubber) from acknowledging the truth is your ego. Plain to see that you are already close: You already know that the well-being of women cannot be separated from the well-being of all humans. In other words, you should know that if best practice and justice is upheld in all intra-human dealings, then currently poor females and poor males (i.e. all that are currently far from the so-called corridors of power) will get all that is due to them by rights.

There is no need therefore liloldhysteric, to advocate for further separation amongst struggling masses by the promotion of divisive ideas.

Yes, 'feminism' is divisive because its whole premise (as you yourself showed by the contents of your hallelujah list) is the idea that women are pathetic put-upon beings who have been oppressed since time immemorial by beastly men.

Jumping on matters that are due more to poverty and calling that proof of African womens oppression. Forgetting for example in the case of education that, before the structure of society changed, all its children were communally educated (through the use of age groups) in such a way as to make them fully functioning members....please, if it was different in Igboland, do not hesitate to correct me...forgetting that it was the changes wrought by a western imperialism that introduced new forms of poverty into these communities - poverty that forced men (who in most cases were newly empowered by the bible-based patriarchy of the imperialist powers) to choose which of their children would be exposed to the new education.

Yes, the past does matter because only through examining it can we make the linkages between how we got from where we were to where we are now. Also, since it tells us more about what we are, it enables us to construct more realistic tools for further progression.

liloldthing, your adherence to this half-cooked ideology makes a fool out of you. Then, you make an even bigger fool of yourself by seeking to misinterpret my reasons for introducing African political/economic activists from the past into the discussion. You make a fool of yourself because you are one who should know better but instead chooses to wallow in self-congratulating ignorance with an irredeemably buffoonish baboon and a chronic wanker.

Dewdrops
Oct 7, 2009, 06:36 AM
Small wonder many of these dudes are still single or serial divorcees....he he he

How do some women do it?:confused1

Dewdrops
Oct 7, 2009, 06:39 AM
Ummm yass, just in case the message did not get through on all channels last time, here it is again : No, the Aba Market Women of 1929 were not 'feminists' - and neither was Iyalode Tinubu. They were simply women who fought to assert their rights without bothering to rely on any crappy 'ism'.

There are several insidious memes doing the round and, the idea that history does not matter is one of them. There is a great hypocrisy in the application of this idea by liloldwetincall in this case because, ones like her will only resort to this retarded form of reasoning when some specific fact of history (and its meaning) cannot be countered.

Here now we have seen the liloldhypocrite asking me why I am talking about things from the past; because as far she is concerned, none of the things I mentioned matters. Well, I hope she remembers this the next times ones come here and start talking about the effects Nigeria vs. Biafra had/has on their kith and kin. I also hope she will remember that the past does not matter when people are talking about what Obasanjo, Babangida, Abacha or Andy Uba did.

In fact, if we all follow her prescription, everyday will be a brand new day that has nothing to do with yesterday....

I also noticed that she is yet to clarify (and back up) her statement about how 'feminism' saved Igbo women from various forms of male barbarism.

Funnily enough though, she is able to dig (like a good old doggy) and find some rotten bone on which false facts were scrawled in regard to Yoruba inheritance customs. I call this alleged customs false because I have direct knowledge of Yoruba women inheriting from their father and mother. I have used the examples of both my great-mothers before. I will now include grandmothers, mother, aunts and cousins in the list of women whose full rights as a human had no need to wait for some 'white' woman's ism before being asserted.

To clarify further, it was not the effects of 'feminism' that permitted my youngish cousins and aunts to inherit from their parents. As already stated, great-grandmothers and grandmothers were owners of property through inheritance and enterprise. Anyone who would call this an effect of 'feminism' is basically no different from the lunatics who would describe as an effect of christianity or islam any and all examples of human decency/civilised behaviour in our community.

Again: only ones who are too far gone in a inferiority complex inspired self-hating delusion would ascribe to this belief.

Let this liloldcraptalker stick to what she knows. It is obvious that aside from the tidbits she read online, she knows nothing about the Yoruba. But, I will assume that she knows about her own people so, liloldbag, you are once again invited to confirm that Igbo men (like the scrofulous masturbator Denker) used to oppress the hell out of you Igbo women before the western ideology called 'feminism' rescued your dainty selves from their yam-powered clutches.

I would guess that the main thing preventing you (liloldflubber) from acknowledging the truth is your ego. Plain to see that you are already close: You already know that the well-being of women cannot be separated from the well-being of all humans. In other words, you should know that if best practice and justice is upheld in all intra-human dealings, then currently poor females and poor males (i.e. all that are currently far from the so-called corridors of power) will get all that is due to them by rights.

There is no need therefore liloldhysteric, to advocate for further separation amongst struggling masses by the promotion of divisive ideas.

Yes, 'feminism' is divisive because its whole premise (as you yourself showed by the contents of your hallelujah list) is the idea that women are pathetic put-upon beings who have been oppressed since time immemorial by beastly men.

Jumping on matters that are due more to poverty and calling that proof of African womens oppression. Forgetting for example in the case of education that, before the structure of society changed, all its children were communally educated (through the use of age groups) in such a way as to make them fully functioning members....please, if it was different in Igboland, do not hesitate to correct me...forgetting that it was the changes wrought by a western imperialism that introduced new forms of poverty into these communities - poverty that forced men (who in most cases were newly empowered by the bible-based patriarchy of the imperialist powers) to choose which of their children would be exposed to the new education.

Yes, the past does matter because only through examining it can we make the linkages between how we got from where we were to where we are now. Also, since it tells us more about what we are, it enables us to construct more realistic tools for further progression.

liloldthing, your adherence to this half-cooked ideology makes a fool out of you. Then, you make an even bigger fool of yourself by seeking to misinterpret my reasons for introducing African political/economic activists from the past into the discussion. You make a fool of yourself because you are one who should know better but instead chooses to wallow in self-congratulating ignorance with an irredeemably buffoonish baboon and a chronic wanker.

Now now now....Mr. Eja,....now that we are 'friends' again......:razz:

was this really necessary?

Ishola Taiwo
Oct 7, 2009, 07:05 AM
Now now now....Mr. Eja,....now that we are 'friends' again......:razz:

was this really necessary?

Madam, you serve and I return serve.

Seems fair to me.

Dewdrops
Oct 7, 2009, 07:45 AM
Goodbye thread!:arrow:

HolyPagan
Oct 7, 2009, 11:36 AM

I lovee threads like this....

The Deconstruction of Eja Part 1 of 6.

Required to prove...Eja is a Hypocrite

meaning of Hypocrite
noun 1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs. 2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statementsOrigin:
1175–1225; ME ipocrite < OF < LL hypocrita < Gk hypokrits a stage actor, hence one who pretends to be what he is not, equiv. to hypokr(nesthai) (see hypocrisy ) + -tēs agent suffix

Eja has been parading himself as a champion of the cause of traditional african values and ethos.
He has been mouthing off about the subjugation of the black race especially the African by white imperialist power.
He has been the so called champion of Black Pride...Indeed.

Eja if you so abhor the white man and his ways, why do you live in BRITAIN...the bastion of white imperialism according to you.
Why are you waking up every working day....climbing into your clothes, and giving the best part of your working life, to working for the British economy, when According to you,your continent is there suffering from the brain drain occassioned by exploitation of her best human resources by the same imperialists you abhor.
Why have you not removed your greedy snout, from the trough you have been gorging on, which belongs to the whiteman you hate so much.

Every year, Eja pays his taxes to the British Government...Yet he is here denigrating the same system that has made it possible for him to be able feed himself, and even have uninterrupted power which makes it possible for him to come online and post his hateful rhetoric.
Why are you not in Nigeria....paying The FGN, your taxes, It is the least you can do, for the betterment of your fatherland, upholding black and African pride, by making that little contribution to what will make Nigeria great, and prosperous and Proud instead of being an economic refugee, After all the money spent giving you free education in one Jakande school so, instead here you are filled with hate and malice, peddling xenophobia.

You are a disgrace to Africa and Africans...In Africa whether in the Marshlands of the Nile Delta, or the creeks of the Limpopo River, whether it is the Sandy hills of Mauritania or the grassland of the Ogaden region, Whether in the cosmopolitan city of Marakesh, or the sophisticated cafes of Jo' burg, There is one universal value that runs through the length and breath of Africa...........One is mandated, to always observe this important show of good faith.
"Every Human being of Goodwill, is compelled, by tradition to be an appreciative guest" That is why we are expected to always say thank you, at the reciept of a gift, whatever form the gift we have recieved may take.
"You do not spit into the bowl from which you have just been fed your sustenance"...but Eja, the champion of African values, having been accorded exactly the same rights, as a native anglo saxon, is not content to live and let live, instead resorts to spilling bile, and hate, and showing the malice that courses up and down his hateful self.....You are a very hateful guest. I don't care if your father or father before him, was born in Britain and you hold 90 british passports...The white man is still your benefactor, they are the ones who made it possible.

Eja...If you hate the white man and his ways so much, why waste what is left of your life in Britian, pack your bags, hop on a plane or boat whichever you can afford, and take your black arse back to your beloved Africa. Stop your hypocrisy, nobody is buying your hateful rhetoric, you are not convincing anybody. you are only showing yourself to be a busted flush.
QED.

As for me and other Thankful, Grateful, appreciative, ones like me, we love the Whiteman's ways so much, for all it has done for us. We are happy to continue praising the lord for the whiteman and his country forever and ever and ever.:hail:

HolyPagan
Oct 7, 2009, 12:07 PM
The Deconstruction of Eja Part 2 of 6

Eja is a liar

noun, verb, lied, ly⋅ing.
Use Lies in a Sentence
See web results for Lies
See images of Lies
–noun 1. a person who makes a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; a person who tells an intentional untruth; a falsehood.
2. When a person makes a statment intended or serving to convey a false impression; imposture: 3. Maker of an inaccurate or false statement.

–verb (used without object) 5. to speak falsely or utter untruth knowingly, as with intent to deceive.
6. to express what is false; convey a false impression

Eja has been carrying out deliberate obfuscations and prevarications, designed to deceive, mislead, and create an innacurate impression.
And I will give the following examples of Eja's lies, half truths and outright deliberate dishonesty.

Example no1 if Eja's lies....and I quote"... Jumping on matters that are due more to poverty and calling that proof of African womens oppression. Forgetting for example in the case of education that, before the structure of society changed, all its children were communally educated (through the use of age groups) in such a way as to make them fully functioning memberplease, if it was different in Igboland, do not hesitate to correct me (liar Liar pants on fire) - poverty that forced men (who in most cases were newly empowered by the bible-based patriarchy of the imperialist powers) to choose which of their children would be exposed to the new education. ..."end of quote
Eja this another of your lies....That before the white man arrived in Africa,
a)there was no poverty
b)female children were treated like their male counterparts....

Eja Stop your lies.
The whiteman's religion brought Christianity, Education, Enlightenment, Emancipation for females, etc. It has been a force for good.
quit your lies and misinformation.

Blaming the Whitemans influence, for your woes is a lie from the pit of hell.
You sold your kith and kin into slavery....the Bristish had to go to war with Kosoko, one of your all knowing, noble and empowered:rolleyes: fore fathers, to get him(Kosoko and his acolytes), to stop selling his people for pieces of broken glass.
The whitemans influence has been a force for good....he has imparted a lot of great vaues that has served your society well...deal with it.....
You would still be sacrificing each other to tree trunks and carved effigies, if not for Xtianity.
a lot of you still do anyway.
The Whiteman gave you Proper Education...if its that bad, when you have kids, do not send them to school, you miserable buffoon.
He taught you to stop wandering around naked....savage baboon that you are.
He taught you to stop killing each other....even though you are still at it, till today... at least its not like it used to be.
Your lies mean that you have completely minimised the advantage you have gained from the emancipation of women wholly linked to contact with western influence(ie white people)

Namio
Oct 7, 2009, 02:46 PM
Obviously this has degenerated to personal insults. If I have inadvertently contributed in any way, objectively or subjectively, I tender my sincere apology to all of you.

Eja, please please sheath your sword. I have no control over you and both of us know that but in the name of peace, fun and more objective education on NVS, I beg you sir. There is no end to this ping pong.

liloldlady, what can I say? You said there is more to go, 4 to 6. Would I ask you to stop in the middle, no. At the same time, what more can be said, what insult can be exchanged that younger men and women have not perfected? I still believe that you have the right to defend your position but as I appealed to Eja, there is a limit before others who read all these become turned off. It can be repulsive. None of us wants to reach that point, and certainly not you ma'am.

We have exchanged pleasantries in the past and we have vigorously disagreed but we do not have to be disagreeable people. So if I make any sense to you, please sheath your sword. Opportunity always presents itself, we may learn from this and exchange civilized words in the future without getting personal.

Thanks.

Soul Sista
Oct 7, 2009, 08:45 PM
Lil':

To the extent that you can, without engaging in insults, please finish your six-part submission so that we have the benefit of your full response to Eja.

Many thanks!

Soul Sista a/k/a Soul Sizzling

denker
Oct 8, 2009, 10:21 AM
precious liloldlady, do not keep me much longer in suspence:confused1....where are the parts 2 to 6...:icon_quesdis is one job worth accomplishing: knock Eja:p out!

HolyPagan
Oct 8, 2009, 12:15 PM
precious liloldlady, do not keep me much longer in suspence:confused1....where are the parts 2 to 6...:icon_quesdis is one job worth accomplishing: knock Eja:p out!

I want to hold faya small, just to let Namio know that I heard what he asked.

I fully intend to finish my deconstruction of Eja, no worries.

Ishola Taiwo
Oct 8, 2009, 06:14 PM
Lil':

To the extent that you can, without engaging in insults, please finish your six-part submission so that we have the benefit of your full response to Eja.

Many thanks!

Soul Sista a/k/a Soul Sizzling

Six-part submission? :lol: Soul Sista you are very kind. What Lil' has produced so far is nothing more than a two-stage fart. I expect the other four to be just as pungent and ultimately lacking in calorific value (brain-food wise that is).

I mean, take away all the accusations about poor old Eja been a baboon who is descended from stark-naked virgin-sacrificing moon-howlers and what do you have left? Songs of praise to the glorious oyinbo and his shivilishing mission....more please....:clap: jah knows we don't see enough of that...

Oh, and I noticed how when she 'quoted' me, this paragon of the virtues put in in red, bolded it, and edited the dyam thing so that the sense of what I originally said was changed...then she went to town on her own invention...:clap:

What a gal!!

HolyPagan
Oct 11, 2009, 11:32 AM
Deconstruction of Eja 3 of 6

Eja is a hater

hate  /heɪt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [heyt] Show IPA verb, hat⋅ed, hat⋅ing, noun
Use Hater in a Sentence
See web results for Hater
See images of Hater
–verb (used with object) 1. to dislike intensely or passionately; feel extreme aversion for or extreme hostility toward; detest: to hate Feminism/Feminists like Eja does; to hate women's rights like Eja does.

In my circle of Female friends, Some are wives with Kids who work, some are stay at home moms. Some are single women, some with kids, some without. Some of us rely on our husbands for our primary source of financial support, some of us work from home, some from outside the home, and earn income therefrom and are independent.
What None of us do, is “wear the pants” in our relationships with our Husbands or significant Other (SO). Nor do we lord over our husbands or SO. None of us berate, belittle or otherwise talk about our husband/SO, as if they are lesser beings. We honor these men, and we also hold in high esteem our role as women.

We also vote (and sometimes get to vote for a woman), wear trosis, even the hip hugging, low rise ones, you guys luuvee so much.
Have opinions and voice them even in mixed gender company.(to Eja's eternal chagrin since in our culture,we are not supposed to have any)
We all have Post Secondary School Education of some sort, (some have multiple high level degrees from prestigious institutions). We all have/or have had jobs and earned our own money at some point in our lives. (and some of us continue to do so). We all enjoy the freedom to own property, and open our own bank account if we choose.
We can say “no” to unwanted sexual advances.
We can develop bedtime headache if the mood takes us.
We can escape an abusive spouse, and find refuge.
If we are the abuser...we face justice just like anyother person, who commits a crime
We can testify against a sexual predator, and see justice served (in the best case scenario).
And if we are predators, we face justice no less.

Eja this is what living the list I gave in post #10, translates to in reality.
Why does it Irk you so.....?
Why does it cut you up in bits..?

Let me tell you why....
Your issues are not about Subjugation of Black Culture by White.
Your issue is not about emancipation of Blacks from the oppressive domination of Whites.
By casting a cloak of Emancipation over your hateful rhetoric, your assumption is that perhaps you get some sympathetic ear, for your divisive, retrogressive, stand point.

Feminism/Fight for women's rights, for all its faults, for all its extremes and fanatics, has served us and continues to do so.
There’s nothing to be ashamed of, to consider ones-self a believer in Gender equality.
I identify with feminism, not because of the few loud and extreme voices that get sound bites in the Press.
But because of those STRONG, COURAGEOUS, FIERCELY INDEPENDENT YET QUIETLY EFFECTIVE, women “in the trenches” raising the bar of equality, little by little, at risk of very high personal cost.
Those women, who teach their daughters/wards, that they can be, and do anything God puts on their heart.
Those women teaching their sons to love and respect women and to fight along side them, for equality.
Those women in churches/mosques/temples/shrines around the world, who continue to be held back by religious “traditions of man”.
I identify with feminism because of these exemplary women, not because of the politicians or the lobbyists or the extreme leaning voices in the movement.

I am well aware that any new ideology, that seeks to upset the status quo, will be met with resistance if not outright hostility.
I am well aware that when people are faced with what threatens their priviledged status, their PRIMAL reaction is to embrace Fear, which if not checked, soon morphs into hate.
Eja I feel your pain. but it need not be so.
What I do not See is why you think you have to hate.

I fully understand that, Feminism has become such an emotive issue....The controversy sorrounding the term is understandable....but well meaning people, also realise, that Feminism is not the be all and end all of the struggle for Womens rights, or abrogation of Pervasive gender inequality.

Eja, what's not to love about Feminism...
Is it the NGOs which look at the girls from Edo state, who feel they have to, sell their body to get on in life, and quietly whispers in their ears, that they are more than objects to be gawked at, and groped and F****ed by all manner of men.
Is it the women's organisations, that speak out loudly, against human traficking/prostitution, sexual slavery

Feminism looks behind the walls of our institutions, and our businesses, and stands up for a woman’s right to earn as much as a man, and take on the same responsibilities if she is able. (after all, not all women are able or even desire to be supported by a husband).
Feminism stands up for the unique qualities of a woman, and seeks to make possible an enabling environment that makes it possible for a woman to be able to give her best eg, generous maternity benefits for working women, fathers right to Paternity leave from work, if he chooses to spend time with his new infant...these are all thanks to Feminists and the sensitisation of society.

Eja please applaud a movement that confronts the advertising, film and porn industry, and calls them to task for their objectification of women.
Feminism seeks justice on behalf of girls and women world-wide, in cultures, of which ours is inclusive ( Northern Nigeria) that sometimes view the female of the species, in a manner that is similar to vermin.

Eja, You do not have to be a woman to understand the plight of women.
Along the way, men have caught on, they’ve seen the truth behind the movement.
Feminism has been willing to take a stand, willing to sound alarms and take up the rallying cry, when gender injustice is apparent.
“Feminism” in principle, long before the official movement began, has been fighting for equality for centuries.

Feminism and those who identify with it, Offend you because identification with feminism, offends your sensibilities, your entrenched belief that somehow women are some kind of 'other' or even 'not quiet equal' and can be 'accomodated somewhat'
Sorry dude just won't wash.....
Hate all you may.....
Do your revisionist history all you want...
THE GENIE IS OURRA THE BOTTLE....its not going back in.

I will continue to take on haters like you, who attempt to hoodwink folks, as to your true intention.
I will continue to forster the cause of fellow women, whenver and wherever I can, because I know that women and their rights in the eyes of God andin his infinite wisdom, were meant to equally coexist with men.

denker
Oct 11, 2009, 12:03 PM
nneka, liloldlady, true child of the soil, knock him(Eja) out...ya, knock dos caries-cara inchada, Gingivitis-Periodontitis-purulent halitosis-infested bushmeat(Eja) out...lol!

i stay in anticipation to gladden my heart over the remaining 4-6 parts....au revoir! :clap::clap::clap:

Ishola Taiwo
Oct 11, 2009, 04:22 PM
Deconstruction of Eja 3 of 6

Eja is a hater

hate  /heɪt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [heyt] Show IPA verb, hat⋅ed, hat⋅ing, noun
Use Hater in a Sentence
See web results for Hater
See images of Hater
–verb (used with object) 1. to dislike intensely or passionately; feel extreme aversion for or extreme hostility toward; detest: to hate Feminism/Feminists like Eja does; to hate women's rights like Eja does.

In my circle of Female friends, Some are wives with Kids who work, some are stay at home moms. Some are single women, some with kids, some without. Some of us rely on our husbands for our primary source of financial support, some of us work from home, some from outside the home, and earn income therefrom and are independent.
What None of us do, is “wear the pants” in our relationships with our Husbands or significant Other (SO). Nor do we lord over our husbands or SO. None of us berate, belittle or otherwise talk about our husband/SO, as if they are lesser beings. We honor these men, and we also hold in high esteem our role as women.

We also vote (and sometimes get to vote for a woman), wear trosis, even the hip hugging, low rise ones, you guys luuvee so much.
Have opinions and voice them even in mixed gender company.(to Eja's eternal chagrin since in our culture,we are not supposed to have any)
We all have Post Secondary School Education of some sort, (some have multiple high level degrees from prestigious institutions). We all have/or have had jobs and earned our own money at some point in our lives. (and some of us continue to do so). We all enjoy the freedom to own property, and open our own bank account if we choose.
We can say “no” to unwanted sexual advances.
We can develop bedtime headache if the mood takes us.
We can escape an abusive spouse, and find refuge.
If we are the abuser...we face justice just like anyother person, who commits a crime
We can testify against a sexual predator, and see justice served (in the best case scenario).
And if we are predators, we face justice no less.

Eja this is what living the list I gave in post #10, translates to in reality.
Why does it Irk you so.....?
Why does it cut you up in bits..?

Let me tell you why....
Your issues are not about Subjugation of Black Culture by White.
Your issue is not about emancipation of Blacks from the oppressive domination of Whites.
By casting a cloak of Emancipation over your hateful rhetoric, your assumption is that perhaps you get some sympathetic ear, for your divisive, retrogressive, stand point.

Feminism/Fight for women's rights, for all its faults, for all its extremes and fanatics, has served us and continues to do so.
There’s nothing to be ashamed of, to consider ones-self a believer in Gender equality.
I identify with feminism, not because of the few loud and extreme voices that get sound bites in the Press.
But because of those STRONG, COURAGEOUS, FIERCELY INDEPENDENT YET QUIETLY EFFECTIVE, women “in the trenches” raising the bar of equality, little by little, at risk of very high personal cost.
Those women, who teach their daughters/wards, that they can be, and do anything God puts on their heart.
Those women teaching their sons to love and respect women and to fight along side them, for equality.
Those women in churches/mosques/temples/shrines around the world, who continue to be held back by religious “traditions of man”.
I identify with feminism because of these exemplary women, not because of the politicians or the lobbyists or the extreme leaning voices in the movement.

I am well aware that any new ideology, that seeks to upset the status quo, will be met with resistance if not outright hostility.
I am well aware that when people are faced with what threatens their priviledged status, their PRIMAL reaction is to embrace Fear, which if not checked, soon morphs into hate.
Eja I feel your pain. but it need not be so.
What I do not See is why you think you have to hate.

I fully understand that, Feminism has become such an emotive issue....The controversy sorrounding the term is understandable....but well meaning people, also realise, that Feminism is not the be all and end all of the struggle for Womens rights, or abrogation of Pervasive gender inequality.

Eja, what's not to love about Feminism...
Is it the NGOs which look at the girls from Edo state, who feel they have to, sell their body to get on in life, and quietly whispers in their ears, that they are more than objects to be gawked at, and groped and F****ed by all manner of men.
Is it the women's organisations, that speak out loudly, against human traficking/prostitution, sexual slavery

Feminism looks behind the walls of our institutions, and our businesses, and stands up for a woman’s right to earn as much as a man, and take on the same responsibilities if she is able. (after all, not all women are able or even desire to be supported by a husband).
Feminism stands up for the unique qualities of a woman, and seeks to make possible an enabling environment that makes it possible for a woman to be able to give her best eg, generous maternity benefits for working women, fathers right to Paternity leave from work, if he chooses to spend time with his new infant...these are all thanks to Feminists and the sensitisation of society.

Eja please applaud a movement that confronts the advertising, film and porn industry, and calls them to task for their objectification of women.
Feminism seeks justice on behalf of girls and women world-wide, in cultures, of which ours is inclusive ( Northern Nigeria) that sometimes view the female of the species, in a manner that is similar to vermin.

Eja, You do not have to be a woman to understand the plight of women.
Along the way, men have caught on, they’ve seen the truth behind the movement.
Feminism has been willing to take a stand, willing to sound alarms and take up the rallying cry, when gender injustice is apparent.
“Feminism” in principle, long before the official movement began, has been fighting for equality for centuries.

Feminism and those who identify with it, Offend you because identification with feminism, offends your sensibilities, your entrenched belief that somehow women are some kind of 'other' or even 'not quiet equal' and can be 'accomodated somewhat'
Sorry dude just won't wash.....
Hate all you may.....
Do your revisionist history all you want...
THE GENIE IS OURRA THE BOTTLE....its not going back in.

I will continue to take on haters like you, who attempt to hoodwink folks, as to your true intention.
I will continue to forster the cause of fellow women, whenver and wherever I can, because I know that women and their rights in the eyes of God andin his infinite wisdom, were meant to equally coexist with men.

liloldgirl I am inspired by your wonderful list/rant up there to write the following:

God bless de oyinbo woman for 'feminism' in Nigeria; now nubile women can be freely used to sell everything from chicken wings to bank accounts.

Buddha bless de oyinbo woman for 'feminism' worldwide because now, female vultures are free to do as their male counterparts do in all spheres of human activities and, female buffoons are free to turn a blind eye and exchange high fives to celebrate purely symbolic 'victories' that do nothing to improve the lives of a vast majority of women, children, and other under-privileged persons.

Allah bless de oyinbo woman for 'feminism' because now, women can join (http://www.pornmoviesforwomen.com/femaleporndirectors.htm) the ranks of unprincipled men in the ever-growing (http://www.familysafemedia.com/pornography_statistics.html) porno industry and direct/produce films in which other women's genitals are used as wank aids for perverts all around the world...(Herr Wenker of Deutchland, no be so?)

I say Jehovah bless de oyinbo woman for 'feminism' in Africa!!
And anyone who says that 'feminism' has only benefited a minute percentage of miseducated hypocrites must be a liar.
It is plain to see how the status of African women has most definitely improved a great deal.
Witness the freedom tens of thousands have to sell every hole in their body to oyinbo in Belgium, Holland, Italy, Germany, Dubai, etc.

A fantastic freedom mind you that the generations before them did not have (even though they prayed nightly for such).

Allah bless God for making the oyinbo women who invented 'feminism'...

On anoder note, the article below might explain liloldfart's continued shrill aggressiveness. I mean, jus himagine, she said she would knock out my teeth....I wonder: from where did she get the nerve to make such a threat? :eek:

I mean, if she see me for world of flesh and bone she go fit try am? Na axe ah dey axe O - dem born am make e even try say she go lift one finger against me? Abi na some man wey dey around she go call on for help?

So much for 'girl power!'...:lol: ...at the end of the day, a majority from the ranks of male-denigrating so-called 'feminists' will still need some man to back dem up.

Chemical linked to aggression in girls
By Sarah Avery

Pre-birth exposure to a chemical widely used in plastics appears to be linked to more aggressive behavior in little girls, according to research published Tuesday by a scientist at UNC-Chapel Hill.

The findings, which are preliminary and call for more study, are the first to connect behavior problems in humans with the chemical bisphenolA, which is a key component of plastic bottles, the liners inside canned goods and medical devices.

The chemical leaches from plastic and is detectable at some level in nearly everyone's system. Scientists began to raise concerns about BPA because of its tendency to mimic estrogen -- a hormone that plays a crucial role in establishing the sex differences in the brains of developing fetuses.

Studies in mice have shown fetal BPA exposure can abolish or reverse inherent behavioral differences between the sexes -- specifically, females act more aggressive -- and those studies prompted questions about what the chemical does to humans.

Full Article (http://www.newsobserver.com/news/health_science/story/129649.html)

HolyPagan
Oct 11, 2009, 05:58 PM
This is a quick reply to Eja above
It is not part 4 of 6 of my deconstruction of Eja

I say Jehovah bless de oyinbo woman for 'feminism' in Africa!!
And anyone who says that 'feminism' has only benefited a minute percentage of miseducated hypocrites must be a liar.
It is plain to see how the status of African women has most definitely improved a great deal.
Witness the freedom tens of thousands have to sell every hole in their body to oyinbo in Belgium, Holland, Italy, Germany, Dubai, etc.A fantastic freedom mind you that the generations before them did not have (even though they prayed nightly for such)
When I called Eja a liar, I made a Mistake.
What I should have written was that...Eja is a Pathological Liar.
Notice how Eja tries to spin the causes of Human trafficking to suit his lies.
On the contrary Eja, it is people like you, who seek to disposses and disempower women, in the name of your misguided sense of adherence to cultural norms, that strip women of any modicum of power, independence and self worth, and thereby make them susceptible to being trafficked.
http://www.humantrafficking.org/uploads/publications/lastrada_08_rights_0708.pdf
The report reveals how gender discrimination, and violence against women, is linked to trafficking.
It argues that effective prevention of trafficking in women or protection of women at risk of trafficking, can only take place if women’s rights - in particular, economic and social gender equality – are safeguarded and fulfilled.

Eja....Human trafficking is very closely linked to lack of Gender equality.
http://www.unfpa.org/gender/violence1.htm
Poverty and inequity are root causes of trafficking. Gender discrimination within the family, and the community, as well as a tolerance of violence against women and children, also come into play.
What you articulated in your post, is the the folorn hope, of a thoroughly rupidiated windbag who senslessly believes that, somehow, in some way, that the shameless lies and misinformation you peddle, will sway anybody to listen to your completely insane position on Gender equality.

I know you are only willing to cram sexist, prejudiced, retrogressive nonsense, into yourself, just like the piece of turd that you are.
In case you have been languishing in the moon,
Report after report, has highlighted the fate of women, in the face of oppressive, misogynistic, cultural practices, but what do you advocate?
'a return to an even worse fate for women'
In your dreams..... you self confessed loser.
Poor Victim Eja, so you lost your culture to the white man's marauding influence.
Poor Victim Eja, so your women lost their virtue, to the white man's corrupting presence.
Poor Victim Eja, so your people have forsaken their traditional values, in favour of the whiteman's inferior ways.
Poor Victime Eja, so your women would rather be defiled by depraved whitemen in Belgium, Italy, Dubai..etc, rather than stay home, where wonderful men like Eja, are ready and willing to value and respect them.
Poor Victim Eja, so inspite of all your forewarnings, your women have instead gotten, Literate and educated, and now they can no longer do your bidding, don't they know you know what's best for them.
Don't they know Eja's prescriptive ignorance will serve them better.
Can't they see that enlightenment causes Problems?.
Can you imagine having the temerity to choose ones own destiny?
Poor loser Eja...Weeping and flailing about because his culture has been lost to the whiteman
Poor loser...Thrashing about in an impotent rage, because nobody is ready to give the time of day, bearing in mind that he has been railing about the collective inertia of his people, in the face of the maurading whiteman's intent, to completely annihilate the Blackman, his culture and traditions.

Eja the great warrior....Standing tall, courageously fighting the insidious destruction of his people, from the very trenches of the battle, in the very Centre of Africa UK branch....
standing shoulder to shoulder with his people, from the very core of the battle field in BRITAIN. The centre of African civilisation, and the bastion of Black Power.
Have you no sense of Shame?
Hypocrite.

Sometimes, I really wonder if there is any difference between the way Eja wants women to be treated in society, and how the TALIBAN did.
'Cause based on This (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taliban_treatment_of_women) There is hardly any difference, between Eja and the Taliban of Afghanistan.

Ishola Taiwo
Oct 16, 2009, 07:12 AM
My dear (dear) liloldgirly, why do you continue to keep me in suspense? I have been waiting on the parts 5 and 6 of your fabricated character assassination (very entertaining so far).

While I continue waiting (and waiting), please, I hope you don't mind a suggestion: next time you want to make statements like "Eja wants to subjugate women", "Eja wants women to do his bidding", "Eja is afraid of assertive women", or even "Eja is a racist" (:lol: :lol: :lol:), please back them up with quotes that do indeed show the truth of what you allege.

Neglecting to do this not only makes you look like a fighter against phantoms of your own construction, but also like an unprincipled (and perhaps unhinged) debater.

It may be that you have issues pending against some males of your acquaintance and that you are simply using this avenue to let off steam. If that is the case, please carry on (and accept my sympathies for your various traumas).

I would advice though that you re-visit the claim (by yourself) that in your culture, before the blessed arrival of oyinbo, men were accustomed to treating women like worthless trash. I am not Igbo but I know enough to know that this is another fabrication. Please appeal to your sense of honour and beg it to give you the strength to withdraw this lie.

As for the hypocrite that has been cheering you on, I wonder if he is also in agreement with this assertion by you...(from experience - before a German woman beat all the nonsense out of his thick skull)...:wink:

denker
Oct 19, 2009, 10:49 AM
Eja, nna, ibi like say liloldlady don run away..i no fit find her anywhere..anywaz, the lady don disappoint big time...shakara olege...big gragra for nothing...lol!

HolyPagan
Oct 20, 2009, 07:20 PM
Deconstruction of Eja Part 4 of 6

Eja is a Xenophobe

–noun a person who fears or hates foreigners, strange customs, etc.

a Xenophobe has an intense dislike (hatred) and/or fear of people from other nationalities, race, ethnicity and religion.
The term is typically used to describe a fear or dislike of foreigners or of people significantly different from one (i.e. of different gender, sexual orientation, social status or anyone who looks strange relative to the observer in this case Eja's oft displayed dislike/mistrust of white folks

Xenophobia may also simply imply as extreme hatred of foreigners or of people who may not be foreigners but look of foreign origin.

Eja's pretend desire for the emancipation of Black and African people, by denigrating any interaction with white people whether Positive or not, is just a thinly disguised hatred of Oyibo/the West/outside world.
As we all know, Hatred is a negative emotion that paralyzes rational thinking.
Check out his posts on NVS (I can't be arsed to go digging, its all there for all to see)....Eja has consistently demonstrated an inability to see any good or positive, in whatever act, Be it generosity, kindness, love, selfless service, that a white person/Non African, shows to a black/African person, or group of black/African people.
Whether its the adoption of an orphaned black child, by Madonna or the provision of needed life enhancing amenities by a white person, like the french woman who was made a Chief... Eja will always seek to cast such a positive and generous act, in a negative light.

Eja in his irrational and illogically drawn conclusions, does mistakenly percieve any such act, as being motivated by a desire to exploit, dominate, diminish or belittle black people, thereby irrationally demonising any such white person(s) for joining hands with fellow human beings, and touching their lives in a positive manner.
Eja rather than deal with this unjust fear of anyone who differs from him racially, instead seeks to mask it, with a fake veneer of Black pride/quest for black emancipation...which it is not.

Xenophobia, affects and destroys an individual’s capacity to behave rationally.
I am not going to explore what shaped Eja's consciousness, but I am well aware of the psychodynamic issues that could have impacted Eja and made him so virulently anti white:

This may very well be the level of Eja's fear of failure, in achieving his life's goals, because he believes racism could stand in his path
vs.
The level of Eja's faith in himself and his abilities, and the degree to which it is recognised and respected by the White people around him, whose respect and recognition he is desperately seeking .

Only Eja can face these his self made demons.
Only Eja can slay them.
Casting Africans thus, and projecting victimhood as the fate of Blacks whenever they have any kind of interactions with white people, is both irrational and untrue.

One of the terrible problems that pushes a person like Eja to present himself as The upholder(any such word?) of all things Black and African, is his own fear of his sense of lack....And in solely projecting this lack what he does not understand, is how his role is pushing people away from his own deepest desires, because denying the obvious truth of the Good that interactions with whites have sometimes wrought, will undermine his campaign and make him appear less authentic and hence less trust-worthy.

Hence my reason for seeing Eja as a Hypocritical, xenophobic, dishonest, self pitying, truth avoiding, revisionist........misguided loser, unable to stand up, be a man, and face his demons.

HolyPagan
Oct 20, 2009, 07:33 PM
Eja, nna, ibi like say liloldlady don run away..i no fit find her anywhere..anywaz, the lady don disappoint big time...shakara olege...big gragra for nothing...lol!

JUDAS:evil::evil:

Obugi
Oct 20, 2009, 07:54 PM
This is what feminists want..........POWER OVER MEN, granted by the White Man. That is all.

Read what a Black American Judge has to say about the attitude of the "modern Black Woman" to Black Men.

LINK:Feminists And The Family (http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/07/02/sears.family.divorce/index.html)

Tommy's loss has catapulted me even farther down a path I was already on. This may sound like heresy, but I believe the United States and a host of Western democracies are engaged in an unintended campaign to diminish the importance of marriage and fatherhood. By refusing to do everything we can to stem the rising rate of divorce and unwed childbearing, our country often isolates fathers (and sometimes mothers) from their children and their families.

Of course, there are occasions when divorce is necessary. And not everyone should marry. But it has become too easy for people to walk away from their families and commitments without a real regard for the gravity of their decision and the consequences for other people, particularly children.

The funny thing with these She Devil's is that once it comes to their own blood relatives....their brothers, fathers and cousins are blessed saints. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Take that other one, Afro-Poet of blessed memory. Every African man is a chauvinist, except her brothers and her father. :drool:

! Get Yours !
Obugi.

HolyPagan
Oct 20, 2009, 07:59 PM
This is what feminists want..........POWER OVER MEN, granted by the White Man. That is all.

Read what a Black American Judge has to say about the attitude of the "modern Black Woman" to Black Men.

LINK:Feminists And The Family (http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/07/02/sears.family.divorce/index.html)

The funny thing with these She Devil's is that once it comes to their own blood relatives....their brothers, fathers and cousins are blessed saints. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Take that other one, Afro-Poet of blessed memory. Every African man is a chauvinist, except her brothers and her father. :drool:

! Get Yours !
Obugi.

Obugi...dem tok say, ehn? pesin wey no dey dia when dem bury dedi bodi...when dem wan exhume dedi bodi, him dey start for im leg section.....

meaning.....take ya tongue... count ya teeth!!!!!

denker
Oct 21, 2009, 08:38 AM
nneka, liloldlady, dont oblige dat man, Obugi to distract u from a job we're yet to accomplish....keep dat bloke at far distance...the job right now is to knock out dat chap, Eja and then we gonna parlour the right strategy to face mr. Obugi aka get yours....pls...finish as quick as possible parts 5 and 6...we gonna move to nextlevel....merci!

Ishola Taiwo
Oct 21, 2009, 08:57 AM
Well done liloldnutter, better late than never eh? You know, I must say I that I like this Eja fellow. Please tell me more....:lol:..more fiction! more drama! more creative license! The sky is the limit my dear liloldpooper..:wink:

I particularly like how you can't be bothered to "trawl through posts" but can mention threads by name. You see, if I was going to the trouble of exposing (for example) liloldhypocrite for what she was, and if I knew of specific threads where the traits I am speaking of are exhibited, it would not take me 10 minutes to extract at least one contextual quote from each to support my assertions. For sure, I could never be as lazy as you have been. So, one thing is certain, I have greatly overestimated you.

Meanwhile, you still haven't answered the simple direct question that I asked you: Are you saying that before the blessed oyinbo woman taught ones like you feminizim, all (or a majority) of the men in your family/ethnic group used to treat all women like trash?

And if you are not saying so, then are you prepared to publicly withdraw that statement?

Please try to answer at some point.

Even though this procedure of yours where you are psychologically analysing a phantom of your own creation (i.e. exploring a facet of your own persona) is hard work, it would be useful to the original purpose of the debate if you could clarify your view on the specific historical relationship between Igbo men, Igbo women and the fantastical 1diotlogics invented by some twisted oyinbo women that is now called feminizum.

In short liloldcoward, if you are going to crap in the church, don't just squat behind some corner pew where people might not see what you have done, do it right on the altar - i.e. have the courage to back your point-of-view to the fullest extent.

HolyPagan
Oct 21, 2009, 09:06 AM

Meanwhile, you still haven't answered the simple direct question that I asked you: Are you saying that before the blessed oyinbo woman taught ones like you feminizim, all (or a majority) of the men in your family/ethnic group used to treat all women like trash?
And if you are not saying so, then are you prepared to publicly withdraw that statement?
TYPICAL...
I see you want to reduce this thread to the only thing you know...
Tribal Conflict.
You can only see through your Yoruba vs whomever world view.
Too bad, this thread is not about that.
It is to show you for what you are.....

A lying, Hypocritical, Xenophobic, Bitter, inferiority complex ridden, windbag.

Ishola Taiwo
Oct 21, 2009, 09:43 AM
TYPICAL...
I see you want to reduce this thread to the only thing you know...
Tribal Conflict.
You can only see through your Yoruba vs whomever world view.
Too bad, this thread is not about that.
It is to show you for what you are.....

A lying, Hypocritical, Xenophobic, Bitter, inferiority complex ridden, windbag.

I want to "reduce the thread..."?

You this woman, what is your problem? Are you truly this crazy or is this just an act?

I can only see through "Yoruba vs whomever world view"?

Where have I criticized another ethnic group here? The most I have done is attach the words "oyinbo woman" to the 1diotlogics that is so beloved of cwazy bleck females like yourself (and a few male eunuchs like the bleck German Denker).

From that you get that I am instigating ethnic warfare? Nice try. You are setting up to run away from having to defend the insult you put on your own ethnic group by saying such a defense amounts to ethnic warfare...abi?

Clever, wery wery clever...:lol:

As clever as a rat whose instinctual greed caused it to place its head in a trap....what is it they say? "Too late to cry when the head is cut off."..:eek:

In this case, your own downfall is not caused by greed but by your ignorant arrogance. When you started out singing the praises of the oyinbo women who saved you from beastly African men, it did not occur to you that you might be asked to get specific. Now, if you truly believed what you wrote back when you were psalming the owner of the pink vagina, then you would have no qualms in backing your point of view up even if it would be at the cost of offending some of those who are presently backing you up.

I am not "derailing" liloldcrapaud, I am merely asking you to be specific on some finer points that are directly related to your so-called feminism. Something you refuse to do because you are a coward and, this has nothing to do with being a woman. You are a coward because your character is weak.

denker
Oct 21, 2009, 09:54 AM
Kuwaiti women win passport rights
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45785000/jpg/_45785614_rola_dashti.jpg
Women won the right to vote in 2006 and became MPs in 2009

Kuwaiti women will be able to obtain their own passport without the consent of their husbands following a ruling by the country's constitutional court.

The court, whose rulings are final, said the previous requirement was in violation of guarantees of freedom and gender equality in the constitution.

The decision came about when a woman complained her husband had prevented her from leaving the country.

The country's first female MPs were elected in May 2009.

Aseel al-Awadhi, one of the new MPs, welcomed the passport law ruling as a "victory for constitutional principles that puts an end to this injustice against Kuwaiti women".

Women activists say they still need equal access to government housing and the right to pass their citizenship to their children.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8317921.stm

HolyPagan
Oct 21, 2009, 09:59 AM
Deconstruction of Eja...Part 5 of 6

Eja is a Misogynist

mi·sog·y·nist (mĭ-sŏj'ə-nĭst)
n. One who hates women.
adj. Of or characterized by a hatred of women.

Eja's insistence that women are fighting non existent oppression, leads him to deny certain inconvenient realities, about African culture and its treatment of women.
Eja the African Cultural misogynist (yes, I invented that) often uses distortion of African cultural norms, and practices, to attempt to justify his belief that a woman should be kept "in her place."

Misogynists like Eja assumes he has the "God-given" right to control how any woman lives and behaves. Her needs or thoughts are not even considered.
He uses Our so called Culture, and traditions to support his "right to tell her what to do," Misgynists like Eja expect women to "submit" unquestioningly to his desires, whims, decisions, or plans. There is no sense of mutuality or consideration. It is always his way or nothing.
This type of man is the type that coerces the woman in his life, until she finds that she no longer associates with certain friends, groups, or even family members, because of her need to keep him happy. Even though these activities or people are important to her, she finds herself preferring to avoid them in order to "keep the peace."
Eja believes and acts like only his opinions, views, feelings, or thoughts have real value.
Eja seeks to discredit gender equality, He poo poos a womans right to independence on principle, or specifically because "In Traditional African culture, a woman had all the rights she needed, and thus in his warped logic, standing up in present day, to advocate for gender equality and women's rights, is pandering to white people.

He merely gives lip service womens equality, when he sees he has no choice... His thoughts,and beliefs are all about placing women below men, merely tolerating them. Not about treating them as eqauals, capable of taking charge of their own lives, and making decisions that impact their own lives.

Like the typical Misogynist that he is, Eja has consistently displayed , nonempathetic grandiosity, directed toward women, by diminishing or even failing outright to admit the painful, abhorrent, situations women have had to endure in our so called culture, due to gender inequality and discrimination against women.

Eja,being the typical misogynist that he is, truly loves, the shallow image of women that exists only in his mind...(Hence his railing about women who have made poor choices just like men) he hopes women will be stripped of any power over their lives, but instead be seen as this 2 dimensional objects that should not possses emotions, character, self determination, being amenable to control by his type, only fit for him to exert control over.
Women are tired of making nice nice to please the likes of you...deal with it.

By railing against emancipation and how it has exposed African women to the same badness as men, Eja seeks to cast himself as Mr Nice guy...protector of African women's virtue
Well Mr Nice Guy...You are just like the typical misogynist.
Your so called niceness is just a "strategy of social interaction" and not evidence of your innate goodness. You do not have these women's interest at heart.
"nice" merely means you are trying to curry favour by pretending to want the best for these girls, who choose to be prostitutes outside Nigeria...You are merely trying to post what is not offensive.
It does not mean your motives are automatically pure or good.
Bring one of those girls under you influence, you will still carry out your sexual objectives. You are just being as manipulative as you have always been.
This time pretend to mind that they are selling their bodies...Just like you pretend to want the emancipation of the black man....Yet live and produce and enhance the UK... The details are different, but what is at the core is the same..cynical manipulation of those who are not discerning enough to see you Eja for what you are.

Ishola Taiwo
Oct 21, 2009, 10:19 AM
I am a misogynist?

God of Jehosophat and Joroboam help me to help dis wumon. Dis ducking and diving refusing to answer simple question wumon...O Jahoviah and Jeebas, help me as I try to encourage her to base statements on verifiable evidence!!!

I am a misogynist? liloldnama, may de devil use your sensitive tongue to clean his yansh forever and ever amen...:pray:

Of all the lies you have told against me on this thread, this is the worst - how can I "hate women" when I am married to three wonderful members of the species (and have 2 concubines)?

Abi na dat one dey pain you? Ehn, in dat case (abi na casabubu?) talk to your sisters; tell dem say nest time someone laik Eja says "baby how now?", dey should not drop their pants so fast.

HolyPagan
Oct 21, 2009, 10:34 AM
I am a misogynist?

God of Jehosophat and Joroboam help me to help dis wumon. Dis ducking and diving refusing to answer simple question wumon...O Jahoviah and Jeebas, help me as I try to encourage her to base statements on verifiable evidence!!!

I am a misogynist? liloldgoddess, may de gods use me Eja's sensitive tongue to lick your gold plated ya know what, forever and ever amen...:pray:

Of all the lies you have told against me on this thread, this is the worst - how can I "hate women" when I am married to three wonderful members of the species (and have 2 concubines)? And I am immersed/swimming in Pussy Juice all day long
Abi na dat one dey pain you? Ehn, in dat case (abi na casabubu?) talk to your sisters; tell dem say nest time someone laik Eja says "baby how now?", dey should not drop their pants so fast.
Don't worry baby, by the time I finish with you, you will beg me. to sit on ya face without knickers for ever.
dick head.

Ishola Taiwo
Oct 21, 2009, 10:43 AM
hey baby I beg you: I will be without knickers for ever.
your dick, my head.

Hmmm, sounds interesting liloldslapper - especially dat last part..:clap:..yes O! now we are talking! lilolddeepthroat is offering me some skull!!

Let me think about it OK? :wink:

HolyPagan
Oct 21, 2009, 10:49 AM
Hmmm, sounds interesting liloldslapper - especially dat last part..:clap:..yes O! now we are talking! lilolddeepthroat is offering me some skull!!

Let me think about it OK? :wink:
Limp as a slug Eja....can you now get it up?
I thought the whiteman stole your manhood...thats why we will employ your sensitive tongue....at least you can finally be good at something.

I will teach you....I am a very kind teacher.

Now go wash your mouth....be a good boy.

Ishola Taiwo
Oct 21, 2009, 10:55 AM
Patience liloldharlot, I am still considering your offer. Don't rush me. Have some self-respect...OK?

By the way, have you any testimonials? Anyone in the Village who can testify to your skills in smoking pipe? Hmmm?

Ishola Taiwo
Oct 21, 2009, 10:58 AM
Oh and this query still awaits an answer: Are you standing by the assertion that prior to the oyinbo woman's feminism, the women in your ethnic group were treated as trash, chattel, etc. by the men?

denker
Oct 21, 2009, 11:07 AM
Limp as a slug Eja....can you now get it up?
I thought the whiteman stole your manhood...thats why we will employ your sensitive tongue....at least you can finally be good at something.

I will teach you....I am a very kind teacher.

Now go wash your mouth....be a good boy.

nneka, u're making loving u very simple for me...by the time u finish dat bushmeat, Eja:p:D, na only allah go save him from himself...wat a wonderful world...

HolyPagan
Oct 21, 2009, 11:10 AM
I know I need Patience liloldmothertheresa, I am chomping at the bits about your offer. Problem is I am destitute...

By the way, I heard you are a goddess? Ask anybody in the Village who, who is willing testify to my 'P'licking skills, I am puppy dog obedient?
:D:D:D..I know because the whiteman disenfranchised you, you are indigent...
My charges are high....but don't worry since you are only gonna lick 'P'..
I will make you a charity case..
...pro Bono, Don't panic.
Anumanu...Ewu emancipation of blackman.

Ishola Taiwo
Oct 21, 2009, 11:15 AM
nneka, u're making loving u very simple for me...by the time u finish dat bushmeat, Eja:p:D, na only allah go save him from himself...wat a wonderful world...

Bleck German eunuch (AKA Denker), I for axe if you fit gif liloldpumpum testimonial. She has offered to clean my joholo wit her mout you see..:neutral:....I for axe you but I won't - seeing as you be okobo...:lol:

HolyPagan
Oct 21, 2009, 11:20 AM
Black Man of timbre and Caliber (AKA Denker), I for axe if you fit gif liloldgoddess good information about me . She has offered to allow me lick her wetin call, since I no fit rise to the occassion(KWIM) ..:neutral:....I for beg you make you help me, but I won't - seeing as nobody don ja me face since forever...:lol:
:D:D:D:D laff wan kill me die.:D
Eja wey dey cry all ova NVS, how whiteman steal im mojo.
whiteman steal im culture
whiteman steal im manhood
whiteman castrate am finish.....
sotay him no fit do, so white man kukuma come steal im woman.

You sabi wetin to do wit woman????
See Castrato wan call man name....ahbeg no come kill me with laff.

Ishola Taiwo
Oct 21, 2009, 11:27 AM
:
My charges are high....but don't worry

Thank you for confirming this. I been don suspect before say you be ogbonje ashewo....:clap: :clap: :clap:

Listen, if you are going to give me head, then I will have to insist that you wear a mouth condom...after all, who know wetin else you don swallow along wit all de German, Italian, Arabian, Filipino, Somali, French, canine, bovine, etc. joose...:eek:

In short, who knows what is in that United Nations of Sperm that you call a gut?

Now, can you please deal with this other query (http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/lounge/37281-why-i-loathe-feminism-6.html#post397664) - after all, we don't want to derail the thread... do we?

denker
Oct 21, 2009, 11:42 AM
abeg o, people, make we round up dis matter...pls,...liloldlady finish the 6 part and pls, Eja, go find your PENIS wherever the Oyibo-people hidem from u..gonna be back...gotta go attend to my patients...!

Beam
Oct 21, 2009, 11:49 AM
Thank you for confirming this. I been don suspect before say you be ogbonje ashewo....

Listen, if you are going to give me head, then I will have to insist that you wear a mouth condom...after all, who know wetin else you don swallow along wit all de German, Italian, Arabian, Filipino, Somali, French, canine, bovine, etc. joose...:eek:

In short, who knows what is in that United Nations of Sperm that you call a gut?

Now, can you please deal with this other query (http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/lounge/37281-why-i-loathe-feminism-6.html#post397664) - after all, we don't want to derail the thread... do we?

Eja,
I think you need to take a time out... this is not you, so please go back to your fasting.... you do not need to have the last word.:exclaim:

Oga denker!!!!

This is not fun to read anymore.:rolleyes:

lilolady,
Please let it rest , you guys need to cool tempers whatever point both of you were trying to make has been lost...

Ishola Taiwo
Oct 21, 2009, 12:01 PM
Thank God for Feminism...which has always been about progressive social change. [:yawn:]

I can inherit property.

Bleck German eunuch (AKA Rinky Dink Denker), when you are done applauding liloldhypocrite's incontinent expositions, can you please confirm that men of Igbo ethnicity were guilty of making it impossible for Igbo women to get all the benefits listed above prior to the oyinbo woman's invention of 'feminism'.

Na simple question and up until now, I no fit get answer.

HolyPagan
Oct 21, 2009, 12:28 PM
Thank you for confirming this. I been don suspect before say you be ogbonje ashewo....:clap: :clap: :clap:

Eja no be lie O I be Ashewo...like all the women in your lineage..
Eja the begotten son of Ashewo...Yes like she too I be Ashewo.
Typical misogynistic turd that you are, when you cannot take the heat, what do you do?
You start calling a woman Ashewo....
Yes OOOOOO I be Ashewo.

HolyPagan
Oct 21, 2009, 12:32 PM
abeg o, people, make we round up dis matter...pls,...liloldlady finish the 6 part and pls, Eja, go find your PENIS wherever the Oyibo-people hidem from u..gonna be back...gotta go attend to my patients...!
No mine am...instead of im to go fine im manhood where di peepu wey commot am from am troway am...di yeye eeeed-i-ot come hia de do shakara.

Ewu whiteman emasculated fool.

NoLongThing
Oct 21, 2009, 12:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-qN6TCY85c
YouTube - Nelly - Hot In Herre (Official Music Video 720p HD) + Lyrics

Ishola Taiwo
Oct 21, 2009, 12:54 PM
liloldfeminazi, I hear you...and yes, I feel your pain...:cry2:

But why the demented squealing? No be your own words I dey quote back to you? Abi no be you talk say you no go charge too much for rental?

My charges are high....but don't worry

And na wetin dem dey call woman wey dey hire out toto (or in your case, mout)?

Meanwhile, here are your other words again (please, please answer a simple "yes" or "no" to the query that follows the quoted lines).

Originally Posted by liloldlady:
Thank God for Feminism...

I can inherit property.

Question: Is it true that Igbo men (e.g. Denker) used to make it impossible for Igbo women (e.g. liloldlady) to get all the benefits listed above prior to the oyinbo woman's invention of 'feminism'?

Ishola Taiwo
Oct 21, 2009, 01:59 PM
"Ai ai ai
Ai salute maiself."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

liloldgirly oh liloldgirly, wither art thou liloldgirly?
yeth or no, shalt thou deign to answer the question I asketh?

Obugi
Oct 21, 2009, 02:27 PM
Eja,

Question: Is it true that Igbo men (e.g. Denker) used to make it impossible for Igbo women (e.g. liloldlady) to get all the benefits listed above prior to the oyinbo woman's invention of 'feminism'?

Let's not forget that the White Man, through the good offices of USAID and Ford Foundation and the Church, also saved Igbo widows from ritual gang rape.

Anyhow, water don pass garri since long ago. When it comes to Negroes, its every wo/man for themselves. Just get yours, may the toughest and most ruthless win.

!Get Yours!
Obugi.

Ishola Taiwo
Oct 21, 2009, 02:36 PM
Eja,
Let's not forget that the White Man, through the good offices of USAID and Ford Foundation and the Church, also saved Igbo widows from ritual gang rape.

Anyhow, water don pass garri since long ago. When it comes to Negroes, its every wo/man for themselves. Just get yours, may the toughest and most ruthless win.

!Get Yours!
Obugi.

Obugi, sorry O but you are repeating old news. We all know that the above is true. In fact, my neighbor's uncle's cousin's best friend's third sister-in-law was initiated into widowhood by a jolly gang-rape. All bystander's said she had a very good time.

With regards to the question I am asking, I already know what the answer will be, I just need something from a bonafide Igbo person to confirm my prejudice.

Then I can use this info in my campaign for the governorship of Anambra State (Eja Vs Soludo - what a battle!!). I am sure to get all the women voting for me (since na oyinbo woman go be mai running mate and, na oyinbo man go dey in charge of all allocations). Abi wetin you tink?

NoLongThing
Oct 21, 2009, 02:45 PM
Eja, I am disappointed in you see as lilold just dey take you wipe floor. I wouldn't take that if I was you, you know. And lil take it easy on the guy now although I must say the guy refuses to lay down which prolly shows you are not punching hard enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvufFwdqMzg&feature=related
YouTube - Michael Buffer: Let's Get Ready To Rumble!! Starrcade 97

Obugi
Oct 21, 2009, 03:00 PM
Eja,

Obugi, sorry O but you are repeating old news. We all know that the above is true. In fact, my neighbor's uncle's cousin's best friend's third sister-in-law was initiated into widowhood by a jolly gang-rape. All bystander's said she had a very good time.

With regards to the question I am asking, I already know what the answer will be, I just need something from a bonafide Igbo person to confirm my prejudice.

Then I can use this info in my campaign for the governorship of Anambra State (Eja Vs Soludo - what a battle!!). I am sure to get all the women voting for me (since na oyinbo woman go be mai running mate and, na oyinbo man go dey in charge of all allocations). Abi wetin you tink?

I think you'll get more Nigerian female voters if you get a male mulatto running mate.

Seriously, leave Negro feminists to their own devices. Their attitude is a natural reaction to the defeat suffered by African societies at the hands of Caucasians and Arabs. Completely natural, in fact I don't blame them at all.

!Get Yours!
Obugi.

Iye
Oct 21, 2009, 03:08 PM
Na wah for all these Londoners oooh….is that not the home of her majesty….

Lady Liloldlady you need to forgive his Lordship!

Lord Eja….you need to go to the pup to cool off or go play poker with the other Lords…

HolyPagan
Oct 22, 2009, 08:34 AM
Eja when I post that you are a lying insincere, dishonest, cynical and manipulative, jumped up, bigotted misogynist, self pitying loser, I mean it.

I have no intention of being dragged into some tribal slugfest, I know its your default position, it is the prism through which you see anything to do with any person, not from your ethnic group.

This is not a Yoruba vs Igbo...conflict.
Hope as you may...you cannot wish it into reality.
I am above such parochial tendencies.

Can you hand on heart, say with honesty that what I posted in that list has no relevance to a womans reality today?
Are you so blinded by hate that you fail to acknowledge the injustices, discrimiantion, disenfranchisement, and outright dehumanisation that is the reality of women's lives in various parts of Nigeria today?

Get a grip dude....You got serious issues and its nothing to do with the whiteman or women.
Hate, the likes of which you display, has more or less destroyed your ability to be rational...I am not kidding.

BTW...6 of 6 is on its way.

denker
Oct 22, 2009, 08:58 AM
Eja when I post that you are a lying insincere, dishonest, cynical and manipulative, jumped up, bigotted misogynist, I mean it.

I have no intention of being dragged into some tribal slugfest, I know its your default position, it is the prism through which you see anything to do with any person, not from your ethnic group.

This is not a Yoruba vs Igbo...conflict.
Hope as you may...you cannot wish it into reality.
I am above such parochial tendencies.

Can you hand on heart, say with honesty that what I posted in that list has no relevance to a womans reality today?
Are you so blinded by hate that you fail to acknowledge the injustices, discrimiantion, disenfranchisement, and outright dehumanisation that is the reality of women's lives in various parts of Nigeria today?

Get a grip dude....You got serious issues and its nothing to do with the whitemen or women.
Hate, the likes of which you display, has more or less destroyed your ability to be rational...I am not kidding.

BTW...6 of 6 is on its way.

nneka, abeg o, do not keep me too long waiting for it...am dieing for it, already.....:clap::clap::clap:

Obugi
Oct 22, 2009, 11:17 AM
liloldlady,

Injustice, discrimination, disenfranchisement and dehumanisation is the lot of the weak everywhere.

It has nothing to do with sex, race or religion. Negro women with power are dishing out their own oppression to Negro men with just as much gusto in Nigeria, not to talk of the West, and I say good for the women. Do your thang jare. Power is sweet for those that have it.

Like the feminists like to say, rape isn't about sex, its about power....and I suppose that includes ritual widow gang rape as practiced by the Igbo before the White Man saved us all.

That's life. Not easy for the weak, squeamish or unintelligent.

Eja,

Please forget this thread. Like your own Yoruba people say it, if the wall wasn't cracked, the lizard wouldn't enter it. Or the White Man's Bible.....what was that....show me a virtuous woman :lol:

!Get Yours!
Obugi.

denker
Oct 22, 2009, 11:56 AM
liloldlady,

Injustice, discrimination, disenfranchisement and dehumanisation is the lot of the weak everywhere.

It has nothing to do with sex, race or religion. Negro women with power are dishing out their own oppression to Negro men with just as much gusto in Nigeria, not to talk of the West, and I say good for the women. Do your thang jare. Power is sweet for those that have it.

Like the feminists like to say, rape isn't about sex, its about power....and I suppose that includes ritual widow gang rape as practiced by the Igbo before the White Man saved us all.

Eja,

Please forget this thread. Like your own Yoruba people say it, if the wall wasn't cracked, the lizard wouldn't enter it. Or the White Man's Bible.....what was that.... show me a virtuous woman :lol:

!Get Yours!
Obugi.

===>>>1...good u know....applause for the most intelligent Black-Ass aka Obugi on NVS board...Allah thank u for Obugi of Biafran RagTag Soldier!

===>>>2...Eja knows too well where to go for his hidden Penis stolen by Oyibo people thus your advice is absolute rubbish...of no relevant...mr. Obugi, the Greatest...my ass!

ps: u better get out from dis thread befor i reach for dat your black-ass throat...nonsense!

HolyPagan
Oct 22, 2009, 01:31 PM
liloldlady,

Eja,

Please forget this thread. Like your own Yoruba people say it, if the wall wasn't cracked, the lizard wouldn't enter it. Or the White Man's Bible.....what was that....show me a virtuous woman :lol:

!Get Yours!
Obugi.
Obugi....you need to sing from the same hymn sheet with your mate Eja....
He has been frothing like an epileptic, that women have no reason to worry.
according to him.....in his deluded reasoning...we had it so good in the past that should do us in the present.

Now you come here, stating that what I listed is the lot of the weak....mmmm
at least you admit to some kind of disparity....Good place to start.

The universe craves balance no matter what we as humans try to do.......To maintain a self serving imbalance.
dig deeper and find out why imbalance never lasts.

Could you please give examples of this dishing out that you speak of by Nigerian women to men?
(I genuinely have no idea of the allegation you made in your post about women systematically discriminating against, exploiting, physically intimidating, disenfranchising, Nigerian men)

Auspicious
Oct 22, 2009, 01:44 PM
Eja, I am disappointed in you see as lilold just dey take you wipe floor.

Hehe!

Balo, wey dey sell wrapper for hia o.

We get am for Ankara. George sef, we get. Teeehehehehe!

Make ah siddon watch puff-adder puff, weda eim go burs'. :lol:

Let the Fake Gra-Gra and Ingriedients continue abeg. :rolleyes:

Auspicious.

HolyPagan
Oct 23, 2009, 05:48 AM
Osanobua, de freaks don already wuz for dis side wif dem triple wide capacious 'b' ehn?

Oh well...here's a song till 6 of 6 debuts....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8sAwzamRHY
YouTube - Israel - Freak Tonight

NoLongThing
Oct 23, 2009, 11:38 AM
Hehe!

Balo, wey dey sell wrapper for hia o.

We get am for Ankara. George sef, we get. Teeehehehehe!

Make ah siddon watch puff-adder puff, weda eim go burs'. :lol:

Let the Fake Gra-Gra and Ingriedients continue abeg. :rolleyes:

Auspicious.

How muscchh? Any price I go buy. Hehehe.;)

denker
Oct 26, 2009, 10:05 PM
nneka, liloldlady, where dey my 6 part?..make u no make me angry with u...abeg give us the part 6...merci!

HolyPagan
Oct 26, 2009, 11:02 PM
nneka, liloldlady, where dey my 6 part?..make u no make me angry with u...abeg give us the part 6...merci!

Ahbeg Denker...No vex. I go do am kwik kwik...Dis NVS too sweet, na so I kom dey waka waka about, dey fine trobul for oda threads...i go soon drop 6 0f 6. :D:D:D

NoLongThing
Oct 26, 2009, 11:11 PM
Eja, please don't let me down. Anyway I trust you will not take this last one (the 6 of 6) just like that ke?

Spicey
Oct 27, 2009, 12:47 PM
Eja, please don't let me down. Anyway I trust you will not take this last one (the 6 of 6) just like that ke?

balo abeg take am easy to dey add petrol to burning fire ke

HolyPagan
Oct 29, 2009, 10:48 AM
Deconstruction of Eja

Part 6 of 6

Eja's Position lacks merit

mer⋅it  /ˈmɛrɪt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [mer-it] Show IPA
–noun 1. claim to respect and praise; excellence; worth.
2. something that deserves or justifies a reward or commendation; a commendable quality, act,

Eja's position, as espoused both within the arguements he has presented in this thread, and those he has posited in NVS at large, has been......

a)The blackman's contact with the whiteman, has resulted in wholesale loss for the former, of their culture, manpower, self validation, progress, resources, etc. And the latters influence has brought nothing but grief for said blackman.

b)The blackman inorder to regain his 'paradise lost' has to differentiate and seperate himself from those not like him.
According to Eja at Post #116 Here (http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/37776-african-immigrants-clash-black-americans-6.html#post399090)...
"In other words, before a group of people can get together, they must first acknowledge what they have in common with each other and, what differentiates them from others. Then they must separate themselves from those who do not possess the qualities that define members of the group...." .
Eja's prescription that seperation is the way to go, were it not sinister would have been, outright laughable...How workable is that approach?
It is worthy of note, that He Eja the advocate of such seperation, is happily residing in the UK....goes to show how well he abides by his own prescriptions, as to what will restore the dignity of his beloved black race.

In a world where humanity seeks to find our common bond, where we are enjoined to celebrate that which unites us, rather than that which seeks to divide us...what does Eja here suggest? Seperation and differentiation.
He now seeks to achieve this (at least in his own mind) by an Ostrich like head in the sand approach, that denies, diminishes, patently lies, about the very many gains that we as African and Black people have garnered, as a result of our contact with other cultures, Notably the west, and their influence in our present day to day lives.

Were Eja's prescription of differentiation and seperation given by a "Jack booted, goose stepping, Skin head, Neo Nazi" we would be up in arms,
But because it is held by one like us...we tut tut, and look the other way...
It is the bystanders amongst us, who do not challenge such sinister and dangerous views, which allow it to flourish, thereby allowing such harmful and Penicious ideaology to run the risk of gaining traction, and maybe even acquire a veneer of respectability, and thereafter make it hard and difficult to dislodge.

The KKK is laughed at today.....And rightly so too.
And what does Eja here advocate, a mirror image of a thoroughly repudiated, rejected, retarded ideology, that will get a person laughed at, to even bring up conversation, let alone suggest as a way forward for any given group of people.

Eja's ideology, seeks to dismiss every gain, made from our interaction with other cultures, purely as a manifestion of a lack of healthy esteem, on the part of us Black and African people.
Eja's ideology seeks to repudiate any progress we made because of associating with other groups of people not like us, as a wholly backward influence, Eja seeks to denounce any attempt at seeking progress, by learning from people different from us. Eja sees such purely as emasculation of our very selves, by such people.
Ideologies like Eja's, should rightly be confined to the scrapheap, where such junk thoughts, rigthfully belong.

If in this day and age, where cultures and societies, whether of Western or Eastern Persuasion, Whether originating from the Southern Hemisphere or not, seeks the best quality of life for its people, advocates for social justice, and an enabling environment, where citizens can reasonably expect to be the best they can. Eja is here on NVS, advocating a Stone Age, mindset that can only throw Black and African peoples, back to before the begining of time, as if we do not have enough catching up to do, as it is.

Eja's prescriptions are at best problematic, and impracticable and at worst Sinister, Divisive and Dangerous.
Eja sounds just like the self indulgent child, at the playground, who grabs his ball and runs home, because he cannot keep up with the game.

Moremi and other Black and African women of note, lived and died in their time......I am sure they faced opposition too, hence their note worthiness.
You don't make news for sticking to the status quo.
In our present time, there is much work to be done, to bring gender issues and the gross inequality that women face daily, to light, and get on with the task of completely eliminating such harmful and unprogressive practices, that only serve to harm women and society at large.

NoLongThing
Oct 29, 2009, 02:50 PM
Chei, chei chei. This is too much!;) Three much in fact sorry, it is six musscchhhh!

HolyPagan
Oct 29, 2009, 04:11 PM
Chei, chei chei. This is too much!;) Three much in fact sorry, it is six musscchhhh!
Balo since Babine went on posting holiday, I've noticed a marked difference in you. Are you awwriite?
Stay strong.....and stay good.and quit trying to earn that flogging, cause you don't wanna piss di ladies off so much, they end up volunteering to help hold you down.:D:D

denker
Oct 29, 2009, 08:57 PM
nneka, liloldlady, good u didn't disappoint...now make my good friend Eja go lick his wounds...infact, u have done a good job...worth emulating by other ladies...merci and a big applause!