PDA

View Full Version : The true yoruba history

disujide
Aug 18, 2009, 09:04 PM
For about six years now, i have been trying to find the true yoruba history. I have heard different versions of yoruba history and the only one i think can be true and its true is the fact that izoduwz(oduduwa) came from benin to ile ife to establish his own kingdom.the critical question i want to ask the older villagers is that why did we yorubas try to change the true story in our history?

Hazard
Aug 22, 2009, 06:44 PM
For about six years now, i have been trying to find the true yoruba history. I have heard different versions of yoruba history and the only one i think can be true and its true is the fact that izoduwz(oduduwa) came from benin to ile ife to establish his own kingdom.the critical question i want to ask the older villagers is that why did we yorubas try to change the true story in our history?

Are you talking of Benin in Edo State or Benin Republic?

busanga
Aug 22, 2009, 11:32 PM

Looks like you are Bini to me! :D

If you want to start that conversation, why don't you stop being a smartazz and be a man about it?

Egbe!

Auspicious
Aug 22, 2009, 11:41 PM
..the critical question i want to ask the older villagers is that why did we yorubas try to change the true story in our history?

Because Y has two branches and a long bilaila.

Auspicious.

disujide
Aug 23, 2009, 09:26 AM
am talking about the great EDO KINGDOM

disujide
Aug 23, 2009, 09:34 AM
For your information i am yoruba from egba land. And i know all my histories very well. The reason am doing this is to really understand our true history cos if we know who we really are then maybe we start finding solutions to our numerous problems.the benin kingdom started befor he yoruba kingdom.and there is a link between the yoruba and benin during the time of oduduwa(izoduwa).its almost 90% correct to say that oduduwa started the yoruba kingdom when he left benin. So that makes yorubas benin. If you like it or not thats the true story.even lagos of today is a part of benin kingdom and most island near badagry and benin republic.

busanga
Aug 23, 2009, 03:41 PM
For your information i am yoruba from egba land. And i know all my histories very well. The reason am doing this is to really understand our true history cos if we know who we really are then maybe we start finding solutions to our numerous problems.the benin kingdom started befor he yoruba kingdom.and there is a link between the yoruba and benin during the time of oduduwa(izoduwa).its almost 90% correct to say that oduduwa started the yoruba kingdom when he left benin. So that makes yorubas benin. If you like it or not thats the true story.even lagos of today is a part of benin kingdom and most island near badagry and benin republic.

Sharrap dia...:twisted:

In fact I have proof that Yorubas are from Niger Republic:shake:

Auspicious
Aug 23, 2009, 08:02 PM
For your information i am yoruba from egba land.

And Baba Iyabo is from Ughelli. :clap:

Ummm, kaabo! Yu hia? Ah say una Wehncomuuuu! :rolleyes:

And i know all my histories very well.

Yup, I see that alright - just as George W. Bush knows the "Internets" -very well. :lol:

The reason am doing this is to really understand our true history cos if we know who we really are then maybe we start finding solutions to our numerous problems.

You see, my fren disujide, "Am" not sure if you is the one who needs to "understand our true history" here "cos", so far, you have been ambiguous in your comments as to wether you are out to enlighten this audience or you are in need of some ogbonge enlightenment from this audience.

the benin kingdom started befor he yoruba kingdom.and there is a link between the yoruba and benin during the time of oduduwa(izoduwa).its almost 90% correct to say that oduduwa started the yoruba kingdom when he left benin. So that makes yorubas benin. Hey, don't you think with a name of Izoduwa,

Yourbas might actually be Izon People originally from the Niger-Delta?

Maybe it's time we started "axing" for our Oyel Land to be "returned-back-to" us. :biggrin:

If you like it or not thats the true story.even lagos of today is a part of benin kingdom and most island near badagry and benin republic. If I were your Daddy (which I am not, for "my son" can NEVER be so misguided as to yarn like an Egbere..abi tani o l'omo Egbere?), I will lie you down and give you just 12-and-a-half strokes of serious kobokolashing for your intransigiencies.

Have you even gone through the required procedural testing and screening at the "Welcoming Centre" of this Ogbonge Village of No Regrets (to make sure you're not a terrorist, terrorist-sympathizer, flame-thrower, revisionist, OBJ lackey or apologist, election-rigger, tea-bagger, birther, etc) ?

YOU BERRA! :evil: If not, befoh I **** tiri (or open my only functional left-eye), you better disappear like a disused moi-moi wrap and go and juba at the Village Gates and properly apply for an authentic Transit Visa (and other required papers, including immunization against revionist history disease {RHD}), otherwise you will be summarily bundled-up into an Umaru Dikko Samsonite Suitcase and "deported back" to the palace of Omo N'Oba N'Edo Uku Akpolokpolo, to continue your job there as OC Champerpot.

To be FORE-WAAAAARNED? (Ah, is to be FORE-HARMY!) :evil:

Auspicious.

disujide
Aug 23, 2009, 08:14 PM
is a pity that nauna way be awa baba self dey do like monkey. i wonder what you teach your kids at home. when you are all trying to clean a very important part of yoruba history. na una dey make naija be weytin naija be today. agba ti ko ba mo ara re la gba aman fi iru wan wole ni

disujide
Aug 23, 2009, 08:15 PM
I dey still dey think weytin i go take reply you.........

Auspicious
Aug 23, 2009, 08:39 PM
is a pity that nauna way be awa baba self dey do like monkey. i wonder what you teach your kids at home. when you are all trying to clean a very important part of yoruba history. na una dey make naija be weytin naija be today. agba ti ko ba mo ara re la gba aman fi iru wan wole ni..

I dey still dey think weytin i go take reply you.........

Hehehehehee! Orishirishi in this Village.

'E be like say dis pikin jus discover eim own facts, ably compiled by some Revisionist Aworawọ (a.k.a. Star-Gazer) that he recently stumbled by. As the Yoruba would say, Mjṣn db kókó, sr yọ Ok rẹ s'ta, n Olwa- o ṣeun. (The tender youth has sex for the first time ever, pulls out his Penis prematurely, and says "God be praised!")

Ummmmuhahahahahaahaha! :lol:

*exhale*

*inhale*

*exhale*

Bwaaahahahahahahaahaha! :clap:

Auspicious.

Ranter
Aug 24, 2009, 08:12 AM

Looks like you are Bini to me! :D

If you want to start that conversation, why don't you stop being a smartazz and be a man about it?

Egbe!

You insinuating that Italy is part of the Edo Empire?

disujide
Aug 24, 2009, 10:31 AM
ara eyin agbalagba yiii ma ko oti to ooooo, tell why you would belive that your oduduwa waka from north africa the, the man no stop for all the place way he pass na that place ile ife e kon stop, another of the story said it was not oduduwa it was lamurudu the father of oduduwa. Thats the reason why the oyinbo normally write our history for us. When we ourselfs no even care to really know the truth. i beg gbo gbo agbalagba make una no put eye for my body.i just dey tell you weytin i done find out.

Ewuro
Dec 25, 2009, 09:53 PM
ara eyin agbalagba yiii ma ko oti to ooooo, tell why you would belive that your oduduwa waka from north africa the, the man no stop for all the place way he pass na that place ile ife e kon stop, another of the story said it was not oduduwa it was lamurudu the father of oduduwa. Thats the reason why the oyinbo normally write our history for us. When we ourselfs no even care to really know the truth. i beg gbo gbo agbalagba make una no put eye for my body.i just dey tell you weytin i done find out.

I thought secondary education had been made free in Edo state. How come this one never attended a school. No, he don travel to Italo....Doing what?

Oluwato
Dec 25, 2009, 10:18 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm. Just saw this thread. I remember a discourse about two or three years ago when an Edo man wrote a book stating that Yorubas are from Benin...Maybe I'll find the article/thread sometime. For now however, the thread starter can start here;

http://www.cultural-expressions.com/ifa/ifahistory.htm

http://www.yorubanation.org/Yoruba.htm

http://www.uiowa.edu/~africart/toc/people/yoruba.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoruba_people

http://www.africastyles.com/blackhistory/yoruba_history2.html

http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/Yoruba_-_History/id/5602903

tonsoyo
Dec 25, 2009, 10:19 PM
I thought secondary education had been made free in Edo state. How come this one never attended a school. No, he don travel to Italo....Doing what?

Ewuro,
I thought you should recognize dockowy trademark when you see it. That is why Auspy and Busanga have been messing with him. He is a clown.