PDA

View Full Version : America visa lottery!

cagey
Aug 1, 2009, 04:01 PM
Dear NVS!
I need your sincere advice on this.........

My boyfriend won the america visa lottery and he is about starting the processing of the visa. it happens that this boyfriend of mine is a graduate but jobless. As luck will have it he has won the visa lottery but he does not have the means to finance this life long dream.......

i 've tried to support him in my own small way, by raising some of the funds needed for his visa fees and he has come up with the rest but then he is not satisfied with him going to america alone...

He has expressed his wish for both of us to go together as a married couple (which we are not yet). my own opinion about all this is that it will be nice if it works that way, but then he may risk the chance of loosing outon the lottery, because i had not met him as at the time he registered for the lottery and he registered as a single man.

Now, fellow NVS, I really care about this guy,as he his the kind of person i see my self settling down with and the rest of that :2love:...... now the question is

1. Is there a way we can both travel as a couple without compromising the Visa.
2. Am i ready to watch him leave? without me?:no:

I would like your honest and sincere advice on how i can go about this.

Anonymous Villager
Aug 2, 2009, 03:06 AM
Hmmm. Answer the question, does he love you? Does he want to spend the rest of his life with you?

If the answer is yes to both questions, then you basically have four options,(1) You get married, he comes to America, you have a long distance marriage (not the best though, very emotionally draining - been there, done that, really wouldn't recommend it, but, some do just fine) he naturalizes after 5 years and files for you as his spouse or,

(2) You get married, he comes to America and within the first 2-3 years he sponsors you to come over as a student, by the time he naturalizes after 5 years you should be fininshing your school program and then he files for you as his spouse. This is a little better because your long distance is cut short,

(3) You get married, he comes to America and he sponsors you to become an entrepeneur, you visit get a multiple entry visiting visa and you visit him regularly and when he naturilizes, he files for you as his spouse or

(4) You maintain a long distance romance for five years and he files for you a fiance visa after he naturalizes, on arrival in the US you both marry within 90 days.

Every relationship has its risks, choose wisely. All the best!

SNB
Aug 2, 2009, 03:58 AM
Nonnee, it's possible for you to get married and come over to America with your boyfriend without him jeopardizing the visa.

Contrary to what many may make you believe, the American consulate in Nigeria is well away that life changing events could transpire after someone has entered in for visa lottery. My reason for saying this is because I personally know couples who have been through the same process with no problems.

Coming over as a student does not make sense. Student visas are not easy to get plus you'd pay through your nose in tuition fees as an international student.

The best thing for both of you to do now is to go ahead as your boyfriend has planned that is this is the person you want to marry. I must however warn you that there may be an additional processing time required in your case. A similar situation happened to a friend of mine, they granted her husband the immigrant visa but delayed hers a bit because it was thought to be an arrangement. She was eventually granted her immigrant visa though it was much later than she planned.

Visiting B1/B2 visas are not easy to get. Please educate yourself by visiting the USCIS website to see the only options for immigrating to the United States and every other information you will ever need on it.
See link below
http://tinyurl.com/tplxt

The fiance visa thing seems like a good option but that is only an option for US citizens. Are you willing to wait 5 years plus naturalization processing time to do that? Just because some stays 5 years doesn't mean he automatically becomes a citizen when the 5th year date knocks. There is a processing time which differs from state to state.

Be smart and do what's best for you. Good luck!

Myne Whitman
Aug 2, 2009, 05:14 PM
Cagey,

I believe it is possible to get married now and start processing your visas together. The whole precess may be delayed but you might both get them at the same time so you can travel together or it may take yours a longer time. Do your research well and make sure whatever you do that it is well recorded. Pictures, Videos, emails, phonecall bills, etc. DO NOT cut any corners. If you intend to get married, do it the right way and try to avoid cut and join that may lead to mistakes.

All the best...

pappilo
Aug 6, 2009, 07:39 PM
The fiance visa thing seems like a good option but that is only an option for US citizens.

So if I have a green card and I travel to naija and see a woman I love and get married to her, are you saying I cant bring her over to Yankee until I become a citizen, even if it wont be for another say 10 years?

Na wa o! that una Yankee sef.

agensheku
Aug 7, 2009, 08:31 AM
I consider the annonymous villager s options the best in the circumstance.the only problems with relationships is that if the man goes out alone,will he close his eyes to all the akatas,baby mammas and all women who give him the eyes for five years?two,unless our sweet sister is also not pretty,will she close her eyes to offers that are bound to come her way here in nija?we have seen cases where women decide to stay faithful for as long as visa winner is away only to get a broken heart after hearing that another woman is keeping his bed warm yonder!in affairs of the heart,PRAYER IS THE KEY.:pray::pray::pray:

Celticologist
Aug 7, 2009, 02:23 PM
You are in good hands; try and explore SNB''s advise much more cos they are spot on. But have you tried getting pregnant for the dude?. It may sound silly, but you will thank me when the child is about 6-years-old. That is how long it may be before you can legally join him.

Falconer
Aug 7, 2009, 03:39 PM
My sister: If your guy has not submitted his papers to the US Consular Office in Nigeria, the I will say: If both of you are sincere with each other - you believe he loves you and likewise you love him, jump on the opportunity. Just go to the marriage registry in Nigeria, get married, perform all the necessary native law and custom requires and wait for the interview date. Make sure all the requested documents are in place before your interview date. At the interview you must compose yourself as husband and wife before the consular officer. Once he grants the visa, that is the end of the story. Your guy's invitation for you to go with him is a gold mine opportunity for you, so take it. It will neither adversely affect him nor you. You do not even have to change your last name - that is you do not have to change your passport to bear his last name. The US government allow or recognize married wifes can bear their maiden name. It is ONLY if the consular officer suspect your marriage is a fruad that he/she can deny you and your guy an immigrant visa. Do not waste your time on fiance visa or wait for him to get to the USA to apply for you. It is a waste of your precious time and opportunity. Unless of course you have better to do in Nigeria for the moment.

Anonymous Villager
Aug 7, 2009, 03:51 PM
I consider the annonymous villager s options the best in the circumstance.the only problems with relationships is that if the man goes out alone,will he close his eyes to all the akatas,baby mammas and all women who give him the eyes for five years?two,unless our sweet sister is also not pretty,will she close her eyes to offers that are bound to come her way here in nija?we have seen cases where women decide to stay faithful for as long as visa winner is away only to get a broken heart after hearing that another woman is keeping his bed warm yonder!in affairs of the heart,PRAYER IS THE KEY.:pray::pray::pray:
Sorry, it's not just prayer but prayer and WISDOM! Somebody told you to get pregnant... I do not advise it...consider the cost of abandonment!

Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that you will even be allowed to the US Embassy for an interview, as his wife if you get married now, because you were not listed as his dependent (wife) when he applied for the lottery. The provision for spousal right is given to a US citizen, not a permanent residence, just like voting rights!

If you can, talk with an immigration attorney, you may email questions for free at www.usaia.org

pappilo
Aug 7, 2009, 04:44 PM
. The provision for spousal right is given to a US citizen, not a permanent residence, just like voting rights!

This na eye opener! That mean say we dey enjoy for UK where a student on ordinary student visa can apply for his/her spouse to come over.

Is America truly the land of the free?

Anonymous Villager
Aug 7, 2009, 05:57 PM
2 of my 'friends' have had problems of deviations from filed visa lottery info.

1) her husband had a son b4 they got married and insisted the son would be included at the 2nd stage of applicant info. (if i am right there are 3 stages of applicant info : 1) when applying, 2) when informed you have been selected 3) when going to the embassy/consular office).
2) a camerounian couple (they had not formalised their marriage before being selected) with a child.

both were denied visas.

i do not think it is a gold mine to come over here. you will only be, like me, abdicating your duty to master your environment. if you are denied, get on with your life.

Auspicious
Aug 7, 2009, 06:58 PM
+

Arriving America and settling-in can be quite tough. The first few months can be bitterly depressing for many reasons, not because it is bad like that out there, but because the often dreamy-eyed idea of the land of milk and honey soon gives way to the reality that it can sometimes be easier in Nigeria (where there is an abundance of moral or material support from family, 'aladura church' and all) that is often absent for immigrants in a sterile, indifferent, you-are-on-your-own-so-help-God America.

Your relationship has to be strong, otherwise it may not survive the tough initial periods of joblessness and possible rejections. You may find yourself taking out your frustrations on each another, and where there is nobody to mediate between you two, talk less 'butt into your business' as friends and family often do back home, a lot of abuse (either way) can shele. Abuse doesn't have to be physical; it can be everything from dominating and limiting one another with caustic words, amongst others.

Still, I know and have heard of people who care very much for one another toiling their way through love and hardwork to make it far away from home - even very young ones. They start from nothing - own practically nothing - but build something on the strong foundation of their relationship. I see you basically need advice on two fronts: first, if is it safe/will delay processing his visa if he added you to the process now and two, how wise it is to follow this man to a completely foreign land.

I am not well-informed about the process at the US Immigration/Embassy, but I can share what I have shared above because I believe it is part of what you should consider as you contemplate what is best for you and your man at this point. Leaving our homelands to settle into the West isn't easy at all, but I believe that if you have these realities at the back of your mind and you both have the foundational resolve (relationship wise and achievement wise) as you make plans to come down, you can do it.

I wish you luck,

Auspicious.

emj
Aug 7, 2009, 08:47 PM
I am not well-informed about the process at the US Immigration/Embassy, but I can share what I have shared above because I believe it is part of what you should consider as you contemplate what is best for you and your man at this point. Leaving our homelands to settle into the West isn't easy at all, but I believe that if you have these realities at the back of your mind and you both have the foundational resolve (relationship wise and achievement wise) as you make plans to come down, you can do it.

Spot on...i had advised a family who won the American Visa Lottery to reject it...but the family thought i was mad....not till the husband resigned from govt job back home instead of taking sabbatical leave....and raked his savings to buy ticket and arrived America did he realize his miscake/mistake.

It took the fellow 7mths of squatting with someone b4 his eyes cleared(the money he brought started dwindling)...he then later had to move to another state to find work...and not anything near what he had back home.

It was later i heard that some even thought that they will be given a house and job when they arrive America....nah wa for wawa autonomous community.:eek:

When u tell people to get normal visiting visa and come have a look for 4-6mths, to see if it's the right place for them..not just coming to shop(which is what most call vacation)....they feel that u dont want them to prosper.

Getting here is just the beginning like Auspy said...settling down to pay bills after u might have been accommodated by a relation or friend for some months is another thing entirely...there's no support what so ever...u just have to land on ur feet and carry ur load urself.....then the journey to re-train to fit in starts.

My advice, fashy the America Visa Lottery....but then the choice is yours.

agensheku
Aug 8, 2009, 10:00 AM
Getting pregnant now or rushing to the registry compounds the problems.being married to a long distance man is not samething as having him pick the baby s bills with you.the registry certificate is also not a detterent to a cassanova once he enters the plane and takes off.prayers and wisdom!!!!

Anonymous Villager
Aug 8, 2009, 03:51 PM
a female acquintance got the lottery but could not come over with her new husband.
she goes to naija on her annual vacation to get belle.:D:D
they got 2 kids from such runs now.
it has been about 5 years and they is now a citizen and has filed for her husband.

your case may be a reverse.:twisted:

Celticologist
Aug 11, 2009, 05:37 PM
Spot on...i had advised a family who won the American Visa Lottery to reject it...but the family thought i was mad....not till the husband resigned from govt job back home instead of taking sabbatical leave....and raked his savings to buy ticket and arrived America did he realize his miscake/mistake.

It took the fellow 7mths of squatting with someone b4 his eyes cleared(the money he brought started dwindling)...he then later had to move to another state to find work...and not anything near what he had back home.

It was later i heard that some even thought that they will be given a house and job when they arrive America....nah wa for wawa autonomous community.:eek:

When u tell people to get normal visiting visa and come have a look for 4-6mths, to see if it's the right place for them..not just coming to shop(which is what most call vacation)....they feel that u dont want them to prosper.

Getting here is just the beginning like Auspy said...settling down to pay bills after u might have been accommodated by a relation or friend for some months is another thing entirely...there's no support what so ever...u just have to land on ur feet and carry ur load urself.....then the journey to re-train to fit in starts.

EMJ..... (gulp),.... 4-6 months?. I think it's about 4-6 years to find out if the US is right. Paying bills for services is an obligation; the problem is that some people just hate paying for anything. If you think I'm wrong, you start a business and see who is likley to postpone payment with a brand new story; but you would hardly find a nigerian imigrant who isn't currently building a house in his native city.

Not sure if anyone can make a good living working on a government job in any country. Unless he is on a salary level where he hardly relies on bribery to sustain things like rent, feeding and children's education. I would think the opportunity to emigrate was a good one for him.

Miliki Way
Aug 11, 2009, 06:06 PM

O serious rara (you no serious at all). :D Fashy wetin? You know how many prayers and dry fasting wey she bin embark on since when she apply? Now wey God don "butter her bread" finish, you say make she fashy. Fashy wetin? She musto come dis America o. Enhen. We need more tax payers for hia, abeg. With trillions of dollars in debt, the land of the free welcomes just about anyone with a fat checkbook just now.

But make una wait o. Naija pipul still dey play this visa lottery sef? Shebi pipul wey dey hia dey pack their load back to Naija. Abi money plus including miliki and faaji no dey Naija again? Whatever happened to patriotism sef? Hmm........

MsWoman
Aug 11, 2009, 06:30 PM
:D

Not sure if anyone can make a good living working on a government job in any country.

Ehn! Please come again (as those razz folks in my English 101 class in Unilag used to say when they wanted the teacher to repeat himself)! Awon Aroks! :razz::razz:

(MsWoman to herself: please ask your question and stop going off on a tangent) Celti, wetin you talk? I know a lot of good ol' govt employees (as we like to call them) in the US who are clearing 6 figures and who live like kings. Trust me on this one! And ain't no bribery kankan!

emj
Aug 11, 2009, 09:27 PM
EMJ..... (gulp),.... 4-6 months?. I think it's about 4-6 years to find out if the US is right. Paying bills for services is an obligation; the problem is that some people just hate paying for anything. If you think I'm wrong, you start a business and see who is likley to postpone payment with a brand new story; but you would hardly find a nigerian imigrant who isn't currently building a house in his native city.

Not sure if anyone can make a good living working on a government job in any country. Unless he is on a salary level where he hardly relies on bribery to sustain things like rent, feeding and children's education. I would think the opportunity to emigrate was a good one for him.

Eherm Oldman Celti, so na wetin be ur own recommendation now?
Will u accommodate them for 6yrs to ease cash flow and stress?

emj
Aug 11, 2009, 09:32 PM
O serious rara (you no serious at all). :D Fashy wetin? You know how many prayers and dry fasting wey she bin embark on since when she apply? Now wey God don "butter her bread" finish, you say make she fashy. Fashy wetin? She musto come dis America o. Enhen. We need more tax payers for hia, abeg. With trillions of dollars in debt, the land of the free welcomes just about anyone with a fat checkbook just now.

But make una wait o. Naija pipul still dey play this visa lottery sef? Shebi pipul wey dey hia dey pack their load back to Naija. Abi money plus including miliki and faaji no dey Naija again? Whatever happened to patriotism sef? Hmm........

Se u don find work wey dem go do, or u go sponsor them for laik 2years?
If anybody tell me say i bin win American Visa Lottery, they had better be backing it with real incentives such as a Mansion, Cars,Chauffeurs, Chefs,Maids, a good Job after i've settled down(2yrs to de-stress and acclimatize), failing which i will tell them to shove it....se na modern day slave dem they look for:p

PS>>>....if they still want to come, they had better be ready to take on at least 3 jobs for the first 2yrs

MsWoman
Aug 11, 2009, 09:48 PM
Sis emj:

Your advise is not new jare! Some people reject the green card ultimately. One couple in my sho'oshi (church), the wife first came, then the husband. Good thing, bobo get am for brains, he didn't resign, he took leave. The guy was up and coming at his job, kinda razz-ish guy, but all the same, still up and coming and knew he had prospects. After surveying and realizing that tops na one sekoritee job dey wait for am in Yankee, he left ni oh! The wife, really she would have just been one housewife in Naija, stayed with their one son. Upon one of their trips, wheda na wife go Naija oh, or the husband come Yankee ni oh, she got pregnant and had another baby. In short, once the kids turned one sensible age, the guy just came and took the kids back to Naija, she's still here. Don't ask me what she's still doing here when husband and two children are in Naija! For all I know sef, maybe they may be divorced.

emj
Aug 11, 2009, 10:00 PM
Sis emj:

Your advise is not new jare! Some people reject the green card ultimately. One couple in my sho’oshi (church), the wife first came, then the husband. Good thing, bobo get am for brains, he didn’t resign, he took leave. The guy was up and coming at his job, kinda razz-ish guy, but all the same, still up and coming and knew he had prospects. After surveying and realizing that tops na one sekoritee job dey wait for am in Yankee, he left ni oh! The wife, really she would have just been one housewife in Naija, stayed with their one son. Upon one of their trips, wheda na wife go Naija oh, or the husband come Yankee ni oh, she got pregnant and had another baby. In short, once the kids turned one sensible age, the guy just came and took the kids back to Naija, she’s still here. Don’t ask me what she’s still doing here when husband and two children are in Naija! For all I know sef, maybe they may be divorced.

She's probaly pulling 3jobs and sending money back to the husband and children...and if da dude plays away games...hmmm.

Some people take a year or two sabbatical leave...and use that period to study and fa gburu..work...do recon and get to understand the environment.

some are lucky to be shown the ropes by those who've been here for like donkeys years...se u get.

Anywaz, na una America be dat:)

Exxcuzme
Aug 12, 2009, 12:50 AM
Anoni,

Let your boyfriend go first, find his feets, come home whenever he can and ultimately fill for you. If you are meant to be together, you will be together. I also think he can fill for you once he is financially stable without having to be a citizen. Well,six years might sound too long but it will be here just like that.
Both of you should keep your options open.

I know a family friend who were lovers in high school but they this stupid blood oath they will marry each other. I bet they did it out of teenage foolishness.

The girlfriend came to America, married an African America (after numerous boyfriend both Nigerians and Oyinbos). She had 2 kids for the Akatas but the marriage did not work out.

Lo and behold, she went home, find the old boyfriend who was not married at the time. Despite being somewhat a successful bizman in 9ja, married the girl, came to America. They now have 2 kids of their own. They are still married after 4yrs and counting.

Secondly, since you guys dont have much money, filling for both of you will require more money. Plus someone in Yankee has to act as a guarantor. If the person does not meet what they called "poverty threshold" to support two people, your application will be rejected. The low risk is for you wait for him. From what I have read from you, the bobo will be stupid not to come back for you. Continue to be your good/unselfish self and things will work out.

If yours is a true love, it will survive the separation and stress.
Good luck!

shinycoin
Aug 12, 2009, 04:10 AM
well, first things first,
like Auspy and many others have said here, America, like Canada and everywhere else in the West is not the land flowing with milk and honey we thought it was in our younger days.

you may be surprised that most of what you know about life in America is fiction and TV based and all those pictures you see of Nigerians in America standing close to big cars and huge houses, are just fantasy, cos the pictures don't always tell the whole story.

A lot of good, sound advice, suggestions and opinions have been voiced on this thread regarding this issue and i think Annonee, your best bet is to sit, assimilate all the advice and decide on the best course of action, but ultimately, its your call and yours alone.

Bottom line, the grass is not always greener on the other side.

Beam
Aug 12, 2009, 11:41 AM
well, first things first,
like Auspy and many others have said here, America, like Canada and everywhere else in the West is not the land flowing with milk and honey we thought it was in our younger days.

you may be surprised that most of what you know about life in America is fiction and TV based and all those pictures you see of Nigerians in America standing close to big cars and huge houses, are just fantasy, cos the pictures don't always tell the whole story.

A lot of good, sound advice, suggestions and opinions have been voiced on this thread regarding this issue and i think Annonee, your best bet is to sit, assimilate all the advice and decide on the best course of action, but ultimately, its your call and yours alone.

Bottom line, the grass is not always greener on the other side.

Shiny :rolleyes::rolleyes: you are telling me Amerika roads are not lined with gold:no:kai!!

Cagey,
Let it be your decision read all the villagers have written the Pros and the Cons..... So in future whatever decision you do make you will not regret it or put it down to someone else:wink:

However my humble view is people abroad will promise you the moon when you get there it will be another tori..... so be careful The west is a different ball game no family ohhhhhhh na you and your ears:)

opz my view do not go till he has sorted everything out

HolyPagan
Aug 12, 2009, 05:07 PM
If you have marketable skills and are ready to work hard......
Your chances are infinitely better in the USA.
Your quality of life, is miles better than within Nigeria. All things being equal.

You will have your initial period of teething problems, just as should be expected, when you relocate without much money and do not have a waiting job to any new place. But if you have skills, or ready to acquire one, and are willing to work hard...by jove, you will not regret it.

Professionally, you are better resourced to enjoy your career, since you can be guaranteed that all the resources you need to fully blossom, acquire very high standards of professional knowledge, and progress, is there so long as you are willing to take advantage of those opportunities.

Aside from earnings....the infrastructure of the place, is stacks better than you have in Nigeria. The likelihood that your kid when you have one, will have better chances at getting a good all round education is more feasible.

We have a saying in Igbo...."every fly loves corpse water, only a foolish fly is willing to be buried with a corpse, just because of that love".
We are usually enjoined to contribute to Nigeria, but I will not advise anybody to give up an opportunity, to know for sure, if they can be better off, by being in a different environment.

I will not ask of another what I am not willing to do myself. I will not in the name of patriotic fervor, expect you to give this opportunity up, (If I were in your shoes, I would'nt) when the sociopaths that are running Nigeria, are hell bent on running that place into the dark ages, whilst them and their children are insulated from the consequences of their actions.

I wish you the best in this new endeavour.

Celticologist
Aug 14, 2009, 05:26 PM
If you have marketable skills and are ready to work hard......
Your chances are infinitely better in the USA.
Your quality of life, is miles better than within Nigeria. All things being equal.

You will have your initial period of teething problems, just as should be expected, when you relocate without much money and do not have a waiting job to any new place. But if you have skills, or ready to acquire one, and are willing to work hard...by jove, you will not regret it.

Professionally, you are better resourced to enjoy your career, since you can be guaranteed that all the resources you need to fully blossom, acquire very high standards of professional knowledge, and progress, is there so long as you are willing to take advantage of those opportunities.

Aside from earnings....the infrastructure of the place, is stacks better than you have in Nigeria. The likelihood that your kid when you have one, will have better chances at getting a good all round education is more feasible.

We have a saying in Igbo...."every fly loves corpse water, only a foolish fly is willing to be buried with a corpse, just because of that love".
We are usually enjoined to contribute to Nigeria, but I will not advise anybody to give up an opportunity, to know for sure, if they can be better off, by being in a different environment.

I will not ask of another what I am not willing to do myself. I will not in the name of patriotic fervor, expect you to give this opportunity up, (If I were in your shoes, I would'nt) when the sociopaths that are running Nigeria, are hell bent on running that place into the dark ages, whilst them and their children are insulated from the consequences of their actions.

I wish you the best in this new endeavour.

Funny, you posted this on Aug 12, 2009 @ 01:07 PM. It's been almost 48 hours ago, and europe-living afrocentricks haven't called you any names yet, or invent a thread to prove how "blatantly false" this is. Is something changing here?

Celticologist
Aug 14, 2009, 05:47 PM
I know a lot of good ol' govt employees (as we like to call them) in the US who are clearing 6 figures and who live like kings. Trust me on this one! And ain't no bribery kankan!

Perhaps you mean a contractor with the government?. If that was possible in the United States, there are not many of them. Government job only gives a measure of "job security" for those who hate jobs in general. For those who want to be employed without ever doing anything and still never get fired.

If a government employee clears six figures in any third world system, he must be one of the following: The king of the state who potentially owns the central bank and radio stations, his deputy, their relatives who are also kind of "civil servants", the commissioner of police, head of customs, the inspector general of police. All these people live on a daily salary of unspecified figures.... delivered daily in brown bags!. LOL.

Celticologist
Aug 14, 2009, 06:10 PM
Eherm Oldman Celti, so na wetin be ur own recommendation now?
Will u accommodate them for 6yrs to ease cash flow and stress?

Yes, Celti will take them in. In the initiation period, they will pay rent 6 months in advance. One shower every two days. Only one 25-watts light bulb for the entire flat. Not more than one TV station at a time and no side commentaries. No loud-talking or shouting on female partner. As a matter of discipline, must be up by 6am daily until they have a job. No broadband access, only dial-up for newcomers. Kitchen sink must be always clean. No cooking; only mirowavable foods allowed. Telephone conversations limited to 10 minutes maximum and no nostalgic discussion about original homeland!.
DVD player limited to 1.0 hours per day. All nigerian "movies" must be declared in advance for removal of questionable contents like scary medicine men etc.

MsWoman
Aug 14, 2009, 08:54 PM
Perhaps you mean a contractor with the government?. If that was possible in the United States, there are not many of them. Government job only gives a measure of "job security" for those who hate jobs in general. For those who want to be employed without ever doing anything and still never get fired.

If a government employee clears six figures in any third world system, he must be one of the following: The king of the state who potentially owns the central bank and radio stations, his deputy, their relatives who are also kind of "civil servants", the commissioner of police, head of customs, the inspector general of police. All these people live on a daily salary of unspecified figures.... delivered daily in brown bags!. LOL.

Well, wheda they are doing jack squat at their jobs doesn't mean they are still not making six figures AND they are NOT contractors. These are full-fledged employed by the US.GOV employees. Meanwhile, the ones me I know oh, are most definitely working their behinds off to make the kind of money they do. They don't go to work to twiddle their thumbs.

Some people just conclude or have untrue opinions about the government. I know tons of folks who were employed by the private sector, got into the US govt, and they themselves are like wondaful, so we could make this kain money with the govt. Here we were thinking the government underpaid folks. Certainly not true. And if you are privy to OT God don butta your bread be dat! A friend of mine drives an E350 that she paid off in 2.5 years (is getting ready to trade it in for an S550), has a 5 bedroom house, and has plenty money in the bank, and is a single mother who paid her 23 year-old daughter's college fees alone and she doesn't owe a dime. She works as a director with the government. (Please am not shallow oh, I'm just telling you how well some of them are paid).

emj
Aug 14, 2009, 11:40 PM
Yes, Celti will take them in. In the initiation period, they will pay rent 6 months in advance. One shower every two days. Only one 25-watts light bulb for the entire flat. Not more than one TV station at a time and no side commentaries. No loud-talking or shouting on female partner. As a matter of discipline, must be up by 6am daily until they have a job. No broadband access, only dial-up for newcomers. Kitchen sink must be always clean. No cooking; only mirowavable foods allowed. Telephone conversations limited to 10 minutes maximum and no nostalgic discussion about original homeland!.
DVD player limited to 1.0 hours per day. All nigerian "movies" must be declared in advance for removal of questionable contents like scary medicine men etc.

Haaaaa, u mean oldman:rolleyes::twisted:
But sha, i yam/am still laughing at the last part about all Nigerian movies.....is ur crib Gitmo?:lol::lol::lol:

Celticologist
Aug 15, 2009, 02:50 AM
A friend of mine drives an E350 that she paid off in 2.5 years (is getting ready to trade it in for an S550), has a 5 bedroom house, and has plenty money in the bank, and is a single mother who paid her 23 year-old daughter's college fees alone and she doesn't owe a dime. She works as a director with the government.

Can I be introduced next week please!.

MsWoman
Aug 15, 2009, 01:48 PM
Aaaaah Celti! You wan date your older sister! I will tell her someone may be interested in her sha. She may like younger guys se you know! :wink::cool:

HolyPagan
Aug 18, 2009, 11:43 PM
Funny, you posted this on Aug 12, 2009 @ 01:07 PM. It's been almost 48 hours ago, and europe-living afrocentricks haven't called you any names yet, or invent a thread to prove how "blatantly false" this is. Is something changing here?

Thank you very much Celti for placing that 'hard-to-miss' bullseye on my forehead.
who knows...?I may have become a marked woman:cry::cry:

Exxcuzme
Oct 5, 2012, 10:32 PM
Any update?

emj
Jan 7, 2013, 02:33 AM
Reading this and laughing out loud all over again........Celti/Mswoman:D