PDA

View Full Version : [General] Chief Forrest Whitaker and Chief Danny Glover

godfather
Apr 7, 2009, 08:13 PM
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2727/161/15/614727626/n614727626_2405540_4310974.jpg
Chief Forrest Whitaker -"Nwannedinambe Of Nkwerre"

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2727/161/15/614727626/n614727626_2405539_1009016.jpg
Chief Danny Glover - "Enyioma of Nkwerre"

April 6 was a really beautiful day. The people of Nkwerre village in Imo State, Eastern Nigeria might have thought they were just luckky to have a day as nice as this but the reason that day was all shiny and new was because a lost son had returned.
Forest Steven Whitaker,an Academy Award-, Golden Globe-, and Emmy-winning actor, producer, and director returned home to Nigeria.
I was the only journalist that got luckky to be right there as he was welcomed with fellow star, Danny Glover. Right there before my eyes, they were given prestigious chieftancy titles reserved for nobel and well respected men.
Whitaker, sorry chief Whitaker was given the title-"Nwannedinambe Of Nkwerre" meaning "A Brother in Foreign Land" while Chief Glover received the title- "Enyioma of Nkwerre," this means "A Good Friend."
It took me a while to believe I was actually there with world stars in a small village in Nigeria. I have not fully recovered.
I was really proud to be who I am when Chief Whitaker thanked the King for allowing him to breathe the air and feel the wind in a different way. To feel his blood differently. I was moved to tears and filled with mixed emotions when he said "Now I know where I stand, it is the greatest gift anyone can receive."
Chief GLover was also honoured and said this was home for him. We all moved on to the Ayiam-Osigwe family house to celebrate. I took in slowly, the priviledge of seeing them dance to the beats of Africa and savouring every mouth full of Jollof-rice, semovita and egusi soup, our native dish.
For me, a 24 year old Newswatch magazine senior staff writer in Lagos, I would never forget this day. Since I got back to my desk, I have recounted the stories to my colleagues over and over, now I want to tell the world.
I beleive his visit, his new identity, his title, his words and who he is would inspire Nigerians especially those on the road to shunning corruption and believing in hardwork.

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-240371

Rose
Apr 7, 2009, 08:32 PM
Wow...very nice. I hope these titles don't go to their big heads. :clap::clap:

Auspicious
Apr 7, 2009, 08:39 PM
+

LOL!

They seem to be enjoying themselves, too.

I likey! :)

Auspicious.

valteena
Apr 7, 2009, 08:43 PM
Really nice. They both look chiefly lol :) Particularly Forrest whitaker he seem very comfortable and in his element.

denker
Apr 7, 2009, 08:45 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D....i go die for laughter!

denker
Apr 7, 2009, 08:48 PM
Rose, when you dey come receive your own title.....?

Miliki Way
Apr 7, 2009, 08:49 PM
Very nice pictures.

Oya, Auspy, do make you sef carry Rose go Naija now. Iro and buba go match very well with those her afro o, abi na lie? Make you no slack o, bros. Unless you dey wait make another villager snatch her commot for ya hand.:D

UncleTisha
Apr 7, 2009, 10:02 PM
Very nice pictures.

Oya, Auspy, do make you sef carry Rose go Naija now. Iro and buba go match very well with those her afro o, abi na lie? Make you no slack o, bros. Unless you dey wait make another villager snatch her commot for ya hand.:D

Oya, Rose,

Wey you now? :D:D

emj
Apr 7, 2009, 10:34 PM
Those guys are Nigerians for real...they are deserving of the honor....Chief Forrest Whitaker and Chief Danny Glover:biggrin:

Me like how they look in the Pictures.....handsomely handsome....i wonder what jokes they were sharing....hmmm:p

@Rose
Are you ready to Roll?:)

Auspicious
Apr 7, 2009, 10:38 PM
+

See me see flying jalabia O!

Na so dem dey shave pesin head behind eim back for disey Village?

Auspicious.

emj
Apr 7, 2009, 10:49 PM
+

See me see flying jalabia O!

Na so dem dey shave pesin head behind eim back for disey Village?

Auspicious.

Auspy, how far? We're ready to roll...just say when.

Emj singing..baby jowo ko mai lo o....wey my chuchu:biggrin:

Auspicious
Apr 7, 2009, 10:53 PM
Auspy, how far? We're ready to roll...just say when.

Emj singing..baby jowo ko mai lo o....wey my chuchu:biggrin:

Ah, EMJ..:lol:

See as yu don cause my bodi to begin go giz-giz wit ya song.

Ah, Omode n se mi againee...I yam relee feelin yung again.

Somebodi "Toss me Badeh"..."Rock Me Badeh"...LOOOOL!

This song na wan kain ashawo song, I sweer.

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/gaNogf_dUVI&hl=en&fs=1 width=480 height=295 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED>

godfather
Apr 8, 2009, 02:19 PM
Ah, EMJ..:lol:

See as yu don cause my bodi to begin go giz-giz wit ya song.

Ah, Omode n se mi againee...I yam relee feelin yung again.

Somebodi "Toss me Badeh"..."Rock Me Badeh"...LOOOOL!

This song na wan kain ashawo song, I sweer.

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/gaNogf_dUVI&hl=en&fs=1 width=480 height=295 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED>

RMD dey sing too!:lol::lol:

Rose
Apr 8, 2009, 03:39 PM
Rose, when you dey come receive your own title.....?
I was told I'd receive my Chieftancy once I mastered this new gym equipment. Do you still crave pounded yam? :D
http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=129&pictureid=1816

Rose
Apr 8, 2009, 03:41 PM
Really nice. They both look chiefly lol :) Particularly Forrest whitaker he seem very comfortable and in his element.
I thought they were working on a movie at first.

Rose
Apr 8, 2009, 03:55 PM
Oya, Rose,

Wey you now? :D:D
UncleTisha, Auspy refuses to hire a personal trainer to get me up to speed before my arrival so I'm still cooling my heels on this side of the pond. Talk to him will ya! I'm ready to get this show on the road. :rose:

Rose
Apr 8, 2009, 03:57 PM
Those guys are Nigerians for real...they are deserving of the honor....Chief Forrest Whitaker and Chief Danny Glover:biggrin:

Me like how they look in the Pictures.....handsomely handsome....i wonder what jokes they were sharing....hmmm:p

@Rose
Are you ready to Roll?:)
Yes, m'am. :biggrin:

emj
Apr 8, 2009, 05:10 PM
Yes, m'am. :biggrin:

Okay Rosie Baby.....we're waiting for Auspy Baba to give us the low down of how he wants to roll....he's probly still dancing to dat video and sucking his thumb:p

eyes_is_open
Apr 10, 2009, 01:23 AM
I am glad many of our brothers and sisters are making the connection.

ada
Apr 10, 2009, 12:55 PM
Did I miss something ?.. have I lost Auspy to Rose? .. dang!

emj
Apr 10, 2009, 04:45 PM

Eherm you have, u wia a lil bit slow:lol::lol:

ada
Apr 11, 2009, 09:19 AM
.. oh well , there no be better woman than Rose. Auspy is a lucky man. :)

godfather
Apr 14, 2009, 07:28 AM
MORE PICS...

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/articlefiles/1420-1.jpg

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/articlefiles/1420-3.jpg

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/articlefiles/1420-4.jpg

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/articlefiles/1420-5.jpg

Rose
Apr 14, 2009, 04:13 PM
Hey ada! Auspy's been trying to lure me to Ekiti since last summer. Then UncleTisha even started a thread in my honor showing me the local surroundings and finally threw in some exercise equipment to sweeten the offer. Now that's what I call hospitality. How are things with you. :biggrin:

UncleTisha
Apr 14, 2009, 04:24 PM
UncleTisha, Auspy refuses to hire a personal trainer to get me up to speed before my arrival so I'm still cooling my heels on this side of the pond. Talk to him will ya! I'm ready to get this show on the road. :rose:

Not to worry our darling :rose:.... Auspi is currently making all the preparations for the ceremonies. He shall do the needful in due course. :D:D

ahbego
Apr 14, 2009, 07:42 PM
So, the sons of slaves are returned
Braided in gold and white.
But does it spite
The offspring of erstwhile oppressors?!

To kowtow down low
Before these, formerly sold
For foreign gold
Who now is the buffoon?!

Ach! Naijamen!
If the earth could weep
For its black sheep
It would drown in tears! :cry:

Rose
Apr 14, 2009, 08:33 PM
So, the sons of slaves are returned
Braided in gold and white.
But does it spite
The offspring of erstwhile oppressors?!

To kowtow down low
Before these, formerly sold
For foreign gold
Who now is the buffoon?!

Ach! Naijamen!
If the earth could weep
For its black sheep
It would drown in tears! :cry:
Very nice. What on earth was gripping Forrest?? :idea:

I Love Nigeria
Apr 14, 2009, 09:17 PM
I join others in welcoming home these two brothers: Chief Forrest Whitaker and Chief Danny Glover ... I am prostrating to the new chiefs!

ada
Apr 14, 2009, 10:10 PM
Hey ada! Auspy's been trying to lure me to Ekiti since last summer. Then UncleTisha even started a thread in my honor showing me the local surroundings and finally threw in some exercise equipment to sweeten the offer. Now that's what I call hospitality. How are things with you. :biggrin:

Im well thanks , working and living and feeling the love.. :hail:

A

Akpu-Nku
Apr 15, 2009, 12:08 AM
ahbego

Dis your song get crooked lyrics ahbego
Even if na fish bone lodge for me throat
I go still sing better tune pass your own ahbego
Na how common frog go swallow trout?

What can be worse than a fool even at forty refrain
In voluntary slavery in the Neatherlands tooting like a train
Blundering in the mist of your own smoke and spent steam
Nodding sleepless nights and all contemptuous days adrift Belgium

Oh, oh, but you are an owl to wisdom and seer
But can the physician diagnose and cure himself
Or pontificate to his arse how ugly it looks with sneer
And his incontinence left to the care of his peers than self

anonimi
Apr 15, 2009, 10:47 AM
Just wondering if the chieftancy titles are supposed to be in lieu of compensation/settlement for their great-grand parents who were sold by our great-grand parents for alcohol, fabrics, guns & ammunitions and other pittance?

godfather
Apr 15, 2009, 11:10 AM
Just wondering if the chieftancy titles are supposed to be in lieu of compensation/settlement for their great-grand parents who were sold by our great-grand parents for alcohol, fabrics, guns & ammunitions and other pittance?

why don't you call them and ask them!http://forum.cybereagles.com/images/smilies/sneaky2.gif

anonimi
Apr 15, 2009, 11:29 AM
why don't you call them and ask them!http://forum.cybereagles.com/images/smilies/sneaky2.gif

which them? the offsprings of those sold or the offsprings of the sellers?

ojemba
Apr 15, 2009, 02:45 PM
which them? the offsprings of those sold or the offsprings of the sellers?

That shouldn't be too hard for you to figure out since you know so well what they were sold for.

Rose
Apr 15, 2009, 03:09 PM
WHITAKER, GLOVER NOW NIGERIAN CHIEFS: Actors honored with titles while visiting African Movie Academy Awards.
April 15, 2009

Actors Forest Whitaker and Danny Glover were given chieftaincy titles by the people of Nkwere in Nigeria after a DNA test revealed their Igbo ancestral roots.

The Hollywood stars were introduced to the people and chiefs of the ancient town by Chief Nze Chukwuka Anyiam-Osigwe, the eldest son of the Anyiam-Osigwe brothers who is also a title chief of Nkwerre.

The actors were in town for the just-concluded African Movie Academy Awards in Bayelsa. According to Nigeria's Vanguard Web site, the town cheered wildly when their motorcade entered the ancient palace of Eshi of Nkwere while traditional drummers and women dancers welcomed the guests with songs.

The eldest Anyiam-Osigwe said, "This is our lost brother. We have found him and brought him home. It is only an Nkwere man that can find his way home after many years. We are a people from unparallel kingdom. We are pride of Igboland. Today our brother Whitaker and his friend Mr. Glover will be made Nkwerre Chiefs and it is not an easy task to be an Nkwerre chief because there are only 30 Nkwerre chiefs in the whole world," he said.

Whitaker was honored with the title of Nwannedinambar of Nkwerre which means a brother in foreign land while Glover had the title of Enyioma which means a good friend of Nkwerre.

The traditional ruler of Nkwerre told the people at the ceremony that good things are happening to black race with a black man becoming American president.

"The black race is an intelligent race. You will see how the Obama stimulus package will bail out the world economy already in recession," he said. "It is the same level of black intelligence that made it possible for our son and brother to get to the height of their career as Hollywood stars.

While accepting the honor, Whitaker and Glover thanked the people and the king for accepting them and recognizing their achievements as movie stars and for finding them worthy to be honored. They promised the people that they will live up to the demand of their traditional offices.

ada
Apr 15, 2009, 05:40 PM
WHITAKER, GLOVER NOW NIGERIAN CHIEFS: Actors honored with titles while visiting African Movie Academy Awards.
April 15, 2009

Actors Forest Whitaker and Danny Glover were given chieftaincy titles by the people of Nkwere in Nigeria after a DNA test revealed their Igbo ancestral roots.

The Hollywood stars were introduced to the people and chiefs of the ancient town by Chief Nze Chukwuka Anyiam-Osigwe, the eldest son of the Anyiam-Osigwe brothers who is also a title chief of Nkwerre.

The actors were in town for the just-concluded African Movie Academy Awards in Bayelsa. According to Nigeria's Vanguard Web site, the town cheered wildly when their motorcade entered the ancient palace of Eshi of Nkwere while traditional drummers and women dancers welcomed the guests with songs.

The eldest Anyiam-Osigwe said, "This is our lost brother. We have found him and brought him home. It is only an Nkwere man that can find his way home after many years. We are a people from unparallel kingdom. We are pride of Igboland. Today our brother Whitaker and his friend Mr. Glover will be made Nkwerre Chiefs and it is not an easy task to be an Nkwerre chief because there are only 30 Nkwerre chiefs in the whole world," he said.

Whitaker was honored with the title of Nwannedinambar of Nkwerre which means a brother in foreign land while Glover had the title of Enyioma which means a good friend of Nkwerre.

The traditional ruler of Nkwerre told the people at the ceremony that good things are happening to black race with a black man becoming American president.

"The black race is an intelligent race. You will see how the Obama stimulus package will bail out the world economy already in recession," he said. "It is the same level of black intelligence that made it possible for our son and brother to get to the height of their career as Hollywood stars.

While accepting the honor, Whitaker and Glover thanked the people and the king for accepting them and recognizing their achievements as movie stars and for finding them worthy to be honored. They promised the people that they will live up to the demand of their traditional offices.

It had me untill it got to the part in red..:confused:

Rose
Apr 15, 2009, 06:36 PM
@Ada,

I chuckled at that part too. :D

It had me untill it got to the part in red..

ahbego
Apr 15, 2009, 09:14 PM
Dis your song get crooked lyrics ahbego
Even if na fish bone lodge for me throat
I go still sing better tune pass your own ahbego
Na how common frog go swallow trout?

What can be worse than a fool even at forty refrain
In voluntary slavery in the Neatherlands tooting like a train
Blundering in the mist of your own smoke and spent steam
Nodding sleepless nights and all contemptuous days adrift Belgium

Oh, oh, but you are an owl to wisdom and seer
But can the physician diagnose and cure himself
Or pontificate to his arse how ugly it looks with sneer
And his incontinence left to the care of his peers than self

`Voluntary` slavery
Is no slavery at all.
That is a point
Both great - and small.

Voluntary buffoonery
Is a curse from God:
A point you miss
Which I don't find odd :D

A fish is a fish;
But a bone in the throat
Is less irritating than
The bleating of a goat!

To cure myself of
A disease I haven't got
Is a miracle cure
God Himself has not.

And IF I bow low
To a former master
And you, to former slaves
Who has suffered disaster?

The issue's about pride
`Pride` is what I've said
But apparently, `Pride`
Flies high above your head

The sin is not the slaves'
Of that we can be sure
It is with the Chief-makers
Whose motives are impure!

Cover your shamelessness
With lots of wordy plaster;
But the images reveal:
The servant is now the master!!
:sick:

denker
Sep 29, 2010, 04:43 PM
Honorary chieftaincy title bestowed on Whitaker and Glover.

April 6 was a really beautiful day. The people of Nkwerre village in Imo State, Eastern Nigeria might have thought they were just lucky to have a day as nice as this but the reason that day was all shiny and new was because a lost son had returned.
Forest Steven Whitaker,an Academy Award-, Golden Globe-, and Emmy-winning actor, producer, and director returned home to Nigeria.

I was the only journalist that got lucky to be right there as he was welcomed with fellow star, Danny Glover. Right there before my eyes, they were given prestigious chieftaincy titles reserved for noble and well respected men.
<table border="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <th scope="col" align="right" width="54%">http://www.worldigbocongressinc.org/extra/gloverwhitaker.jpg</th> <th scope="col" align="left" width="46%">http://www.worldigbocongressinc.org/extra/whitaker.jpg</th> </tr> </tbody></table>
Whitaker, sorry chief Whitaker was given the title-"Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre" meaning "A Brother in Foreign Land" while Chief Glover received the title- "Enyioma of Nkwerre," this means "A Good Friend."
It took me a while to believe I was actually there with world stars in a small village in Nigeria. I have not fully recovered.

I was really proud to be who I am when Chief Whitaker thanked the King for allowing him to breathe the air and feel the wind in a different way. To feel his blood differently. I was moved to tears and filled with mixed emotions when he said "Now I know where I stand, it is the greatest gift anyone can receive."

Chief GLover was also honored and said this was home for him. We all moved on to the Ayiam-Osigwe family house to celebrate. I took in slowly, the privilege of seeing them dance to the beats of Africa and savoring every mouth full of Jollof-rice, semovita and egusi soup, our native dish.

For me, a 24 year old Newswatch magazine senior staff writer in Lagos, I would never forget this day. Since I got back to my desk, I have recounted the stories to my colleagues over and over, now I want to tell the world.
I believe his visit, his new identity, his title, his words and who he is would inspire Nigerians especially those on the road to shunning corruption and believing in hard work.

http://www.worldigbocongressinc.org/gloverwhitaker.html

Auspicious
Sep 29, 2010, 10:29 PM
`Voluntary` slavery
Is no slavery at all.
That is a point
Both great - and small.

Voluntary buffoonery
Is a curse from God:
A point you miss
Which I don't find odd :D

A fish is a fish;