PDA

View Full Version : [General] Fayemi Loses Dad

Auspicious
Mar 20, 2009, 01:37 AM
+

Aww, just like Obama's Momma passed before the deal was sealed..

May the Father's hopes and dreams for his son be fufilled.

Auspicious.

http://www.thenationonlineng.com/images/logo.jpg

Fayemi's dad dies at 86
From Odunayo Ogunmola, Ado-Ekiti
Friday March 20, 2008 | LINK (http://www.thenationonlineng.com/dynamicpage.asp?id=80048)

Ekiti State Action Congress (AC) governorship candidate Dr. Kayode Fayemi yesterday lost his father, less than 24 hours after the date of the re-run election was announced by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC). Chief Francis Falade Fayemi, 86, died in his hometown of Isan-Ekiti in Oye Local Government Area at about 7.30 am. He was ill.

His death was confirmed by the traditional ruler of the community, the Onisan of Isan-Ekiti, Oba Sunday Ajiboye, who described the death as a big loss to the people.

The greatest wish of the deceased, who was a teacher, civil servant, church and community leader, was to see his last born, Kayode, inaugurated as governor.

The late community leader retired from the civil service of the old Ondo State in 1977.

In retirement, he served as a councillor and Chairman of the old Ekiti North Local Government between 1977 and 1979 and later as President, Customary Court, covering parts of the Oye Division of old Ekiti North Local Government.

The late Fayemi was Justice of Peace and Baba Egbe of St. Martin's Catholic Church in Isan-Ekiti.

His body has been deposited at the Federal Medical Centre in Ido-Ekiti. He is survived by his wife, Dorcas and six children.

Oba Ajiboye said the late Fayemi lived a good life but his death shocked the people.

Oba Ajibaye said: "His death came as a rude shock (Eeeh-he! Nigerians and this same old "rude-shock" grammar! - Auspy) to me and all my subjects because we thought Baba would witness the inauguration of his beloved son, Dr Kayode Fayemi, as the next Executive Governor of Ekiti State.

"But I take solace in the words of wisdom that Baba kept uttering at his last days that Kayode would eventually be sworn in and will make a good governor for Ekiti State.

"His impending sojourn with his creator will create better ways for Kayode to tread to the mantle of governance where Ekiti people will receive their socio-political freedom."

---