PDA

View Full Version : [General] Waziri Speaks on Sahara Reporter's Allegations

Mikky jaga
Mar 12, 2009, 01:09 PM
She said some disgruntled elements were blackmailing and threatening her but vowed that she would not be deterred in the anti-corruption crusade.

Mrs Waziri described as "false" the rumour that she collected a $600,000 vehicle from a governor, describing it as a ploy to tarnish her image and discredit EFCC and its fight against corruption.

She said: "For us in EFCC, we have put our hands on the plough, there is no looking back. This is one course I have committed my life to pursuing for over four decades. Along the line, I have faced threats and I am still being threatened till date by forces of evil.

"When their threats could not cow me, they resorted to peddling shameless lies and writing blackmail petitions to malign me. They are cowards and we will never be cowed by their antics.

"With the determination of people to fight corruption, we will stand up to them and defeat them because the people are in the majority.

"We have a job to do and we will do that till the last day, no matter whose ox is gored. President Umaru Yar'Adua has given a good example and has displayed an absolute commitment to the war against corruption.

"I am not a coward. As you see, I may not look like an anti-corruption Czar or 007 or James Bond or Malcom X. When I have my head-tie on my head, I sling my back and I look at the mirror, sometimes I look like a full-time housewife. But that is where the story ends. I am not a push around."

Mrs Waziri hinted that the commission may no longer entertain plea bargaining under which those accused of corruption get away with light punishment and still keep their loot.

Plea bargaining she said, "Only assures them (looters of public treasury) of soft landing." She said the court cases against some former governors are still on.

Mrs Waziri said: "When I came on board I said I did not believe in plea bargaining because I felt why would you steal something and use proceeds of that fraud to get a soft landing or get off lightly?

She said the cases against some former governors are still on but "at a very slow pace because the affected governors are busy challenging the jurisdiction of the courts to try them."

"The cases are on going but the cases are very slow. Some of those taken to court by my predecessor and some that I took to court myself are the same, in some cases trial has not even commenced, just to get the governors to say yes or no to the question of guilty or not guilty, this is not happening.

But the plea bargaining, I am not too comfortable with it and so far when I came we did only one with the former Edo State Governor but I was not satisfied with the sentence so we appealed against that.

"So far, that is the only one I have ventured into but I don't think I will be going into plea bargaining any more except where it is clearly clear that it will benefit the Commission, the Nigerian people" Waziri said.

Waziri, the main object of the report has finally spoken and she described the reporters in no unflattering terms as highlighted above. If the main accused could dismiss the report so lightly, what do we expect a man mentioned in passing to do - ignore it.

Source:The Nation: Friday, March 06, 2009
From Yusuf Alli, Managing Editor (Northern Operations)and Dele Anofi, Abuja

Culled from:http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/group.php?do=discuss&discussionid=205&pp=10&page=3

Bunch17
Mar 12, 2009, 01:20 PM
Waziri Speaks on Sahara Reporter's Allegations

While some other person writes about "the goat", "the Yam", "Ribadu's slippers", "yahoo boys", "old technologogy", "new technology", "technology slaves" "technology masters", every thing but the land!

valteena
Mar 12, 2009, 03:34 PM
At least she spoke out even if it is to deny and dismiss it as bad belle. The same cannot be said of her co passenger on the allegation train.

Between Waziri has never lay claim to be the champion or conscience of the people, as is the case with her silent co passenger.

In fact it is a pity that you guys are unknowingly displaying what low esteem you actually hold your man if you can be comparing his action or inaction with that of rogues in office.

I mean how else do you explain your arguement that because a corrupt and inept official flippantly dismissed allegations of corruption against her without any care for her reputation, then Abati ignoring his, and jeopardising his reputation is commendable or justified. It is a shame how low some have descended.

Dapxin
Mar 12, 2009, 07:08 PM
At least she spoke out even if it is to deny and dismiss it as bad belle

Hmmm! This country would not drive us all mad. You are quite right in a sense. Except that when you are taken to choose between two evils, its always an exercise bound in fatality.

To have to use she, saying something about "it" as a prefix, to another possbly higher arguement, as it concerns mr. Abati, is just awful.

But there you go. :( We are officially in deep shit. Just struggling to keep head above mud.

As for the topic here, why bother reading ?

Ewuro
Mar 12, 2009, 09:28 PM
I did not read any reference to the Abuja land in that report. I did not read any denial of that either. So what are we really talking about here!

Mikky jaga
Mar 13, 2009, 08:18 AM
I did not read any reference to the Abuja land in that report. I did not read any denial of that either. So what are we really talking about here!

I wonder why people should see Land Deal behind every post. This post is about Mme Waz and her denial of the car gift in the report. She dismissed the report as a work of rumour mongers, disgrutled elements among others.

If the authors of the report are not satisfied with her denial, there are other steps to take:

1. Provide fresh evidence that will show the woman is lying.

2. Present their evidence before a court of law to seek for an order of mandamus to prosecute the people involved.

To keep silent in the face of such denials is to tell the world that what they offerred initially was nothing but what the woman described it - rumour. I am ready to support any action, apart from frivolous petition writing, that will bring out the truth of this matter. The EFCC chair is too sensitive for a person compromised by corrupt officials to occupy.

Let's focus on Waziri, please.

valteena
Mar 13, 2009, 08:41 AM
I wonder why people should see Land Deal behind every post. This post is about Mme Waz and her denial of the car gift in the report. She dismissed the report as a work of rumour mongers, disgrutled elements among others.

If the authors of the report are not satisfied with her denial, there are other steps to take:

1. Provide fresh evidence that will show the woman is lying.

2. Present their evidence before a court of law to seek for an order of mandamus to prosecute the people involved.

To keep silent in the face of such denials is to tell the world that what they offerred initially was nothing but what the woman described it - rumour. I am ready to support any action, apart from frivolous petition writing, that will bring out the truth of this matter. The EFCC chair is too sensitive for a person compromised by corrupt officials to occupy.

Let's focus on Waziri, please.

Mikky jaga you introduced Abati into the Waziri refutal story with this bolded part of your statement below. So why wonder now why Abati is the issue here?. We are responding to your line or arguement lol.

"Waziri, the main object of the report has finally spoken and she described the reporters in no unflattering terms as highlighted above. If the main accused could dismiss the report so lightly, what do we expect a man mentioned in passing to do - ignore it".

dem
Mar 13, 2009, 09:31 AM
"We have a job to do and we will do that till the last day, no matter whose ox is gored. President Umaru Yar'Adua has given a good example and has displayed an absolute commitment to the war against corruption.
:lol::lol::lol:You have to laugh. What else. TGIF

Waziri, the main object of the report has finally spoken and she described the reporters in no unflattering terms as highlighted above. If the main accused could dismiss the report so lightly, what do we expect a man mentioned in passing to do - ignore it. - MJ

For a moment there, I thought MJ would crack it. But again, he veered onto the wrong premise. He didn't stop there. He then (like Ewuro did a long time ago) begin to want to contradict his own self.

He is now saying this:

I wonder why people should see Land Deal behind every post. This post is about Mme Waz and her denial of the car gift in the report.

So, MJ, what do you mean in your opening post by

Waziri, the main object of the report has finally spoken ........ If the main accused could dismiss the report so lightly, what do we expect a man mentioned in passing to do - ignore it.

HHmm?

Mikky jaga
Mar 13, 2009, 09:32 AM
Mikky jaga you introduced Abati into the Waziri refutal story with this bolded part of your statement below. So why wonder now why Abati is the issue here?. We are responding to your line or arguement lol.

Thank you very much.

I now see why you devoted so much time to a man that was mentioned in passing while leaving the main subject to go free. The post was about Mme Waz, my comment was just in passing just like SR did.

Now, let's focus on the main menu.

denker
Mar 13, 2009, 09:38 AM
MJ, common sense is not common...be careful, we no dey here for kindergarten..we get few guys wey dey see through you proper proper...read: dem, valteena...etc

dem
Mar 13, 2009, 09:43 AM
I now see why you devoted so much time to a man that was mentioned in passing while leaving the main subject to go free. The post was about Mme Waz, my comment was just in passing just like SR did.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nice try sir! :D:D:D

Sometimes, there's nothing wrong in saying 'Oops, sorry I cocked it up there.'

Could be a pointer to magnanimity and largeness of spirit.
But no! Our people will start to slip and slide and throw up all sorts of specious you know whats. Abegi.

Mikky jaga
Mar 13, 2009, 10:31 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nice try sir! :D:D:D

Sometimes, there's nothing wrong in saying 'Oops, sorry I cocked it up there.'

Could be a pointer to magnanimity and largeness of spirit.
But no! Our people will start to slip and slide and throw up all sorts of specious you know whats. Abegi.

So dem,

how do you see the SR reports in the light of Mme Waz's denial? Does it not now look truly as the work of disgruntled elements out to peddle rumours just to tarnish other people's images?

Ranter
Mar 13, 2009, 11:13 AM
Now, I would not believe what that woman is saying, because I think she must have smoked that thing again.How can she mention 007 and James Bond as two different people, and wetin concern Malcolm X and anti corruption?
You see that woman is just lying through her teeth and it took her several months to perfect a leaky lie.

What is this,when put my headtie on my head? where was she supposed to put it before?
"I sling my back",her back must be quite elastic for her to be able to do that.

Her entire thought process is greatly flawed as a person talking through both sides of her mouth.
Lets give her another 5 months to prepare a response to the land allegation. As we no get job, Na she we go wait for the rest of the decade.

Mikky Jaga .................I am still wondering why? Una no wan make that Nigeria better at all?

Dapxin
Mar 13, 2009, 11:31 AM
So dem,

how do you see the SR reports in the light of Mme Waz's [U]denial[/
U]?tarnish other people's images?

wtf! don't be evil !

tonsoyo
Mar 13, 2009, 01:16 PM
A few times I have had to take second look at this issue to re-assess my stand now I have realized that I am right and that there is something emotionally and psychologically wrong with seeing something good in somebody saying "I didn't do it" in the face of overwhelming documentary evidence and find everything wrong in somebody who was accused of nothing and said nothing.

It is good time for IBB and Abacha family to come NVS and say "we didn't do it" and they shall be hailed afterall they have Abati as their punching bag.
Every other person that says I am innocent should praised for stupid denials.

Crying shame!

tonsoyo
Mar 13, 2009, 01:22 PM
Now, I would not believe what that woman is saying, because I think she must have smoked that thing again.How can she mention 007 and James Bond as two different people, and wetin concern Malcolm X and anti corruption?
You see that woman is just lying through her teeth and it took her several months to perfect a leaky lie.

What is this,when put my headtie on my head? where was she supposed to put it before?
"I sling my back",her back must be quite elastic for her to be able to do that.

Her entire thought process is greatly flawed as a person talking through both sides of her mouth.
Lets give her another 5 months to prepare a response to the land allegation. As we no get job, Na she we go wait for the rest of the decade.

Mikky Jaga .................I am still wondering why? Una no wan make that Nigeria better at all?

Good. The first time you are not ranting but addressing the real issue.

Dapxin
Mar 13, 2009, 02:47 PM
A few times I have had to take second look at this issue to re-assess my stand now I have realized that I am right and that there is something emotionally and psychologically wrong with seeing something good in somebody saying "I didn't do it" in the face of overwhelming documentary evidence and find everything wrong in somebody who was accused of nothing and said nothing.

It is good time for IBB and Abacha family to come NVS and say "we didn't do it" and they shall be hailed afterall they have Abati as their punching bag.
Every other person that says I am innocent should praised for stupid denials.

Crying shame!

Tonsoyo, I have read off your sentiment from Valteena's 1st post to this thread - I think. Its awful, to use Mrs. Waz's "I didnt do it" to 'strike' RA' given that one is clearly an estab mama, and the other is at worse, 'a compromised' citizen. And the record of history for A n B, clearly shows a huge margin of character-difference.

Its uncomfortable! perhaps frustratingly sad.. + while it also somehow validates the notion that this is surely not just another on-the-fly SR report, or the one that there are a number of persistent and keen chaps, going for RA's head - for random far-from-for-the-sake-of-Nigeria-reasons...

But then, this was always going to happen.

RA 's allowed swords to be used on his diamond, and until they slice off its shine, they are not going to stop. Its hard and tough to slice off diamond, but nothing beats persistence in this world...

As much as it was his prerogative to explain whats not or what is, the innuendo of the SR report, deserves a clear unequivocal clarification from RA a long long long time ago.

This is the perplexing puzzle in all, for ones that are struggling to pinpoint the real deal of this ongoing drama.

tonsoyo
Mar 13, 2009, 03:48 PM
Tonsoyo, I have read off your sentiment from Valteena's 1st post to this thread - I think. Its awful, to use Mrs. Waz's "I didnt do it" to 'strike' RA' given that one is clearly an estab mama, and the other is at worse, 'a compromised' citizen. And the record of history for A n B, clearly shows a huge margin of character-difference.

Its uncomfortable! perhaps frustratingly sad.. + while it also somehow validates the notion that this is surely not just another on-the-fly SR report, or the one that there are a number of persistent and keen chaps, going for RA's head - for random far-from-for-the-sake-of-Nigeria-reasons...

But then, this was always going to happen.

RA 's allowed swords to be used on his diamond, and until they slice off its shine, they are not going to stop. Its hard and tough to slice off diamond, but nothing beats persistence in this world...

As much as it was his prerogative to explain whats not or what is, the innuendo of the SR report, deserves a clear unequivocal clarification from RA a long long long time ago.

This is the perplexing puzzle in all, for ones that are struggling to pinpoint the real deal of this ongoing drama.

Dapxin,
First of all I will be fooling myself if I say I understand the point of this post in the light of what I wrote.
Secondly, I did not refer to any particular post, if I had wanted to, I would have put the post in a quote. What I wrote there has been the core of anti-Abati arguments even though we know better, that he should have said something, like that would have made their sinister agenda go away.
It is blatantly ridiculous to say that his merely coming out to say "I didn't do it" would have made this go away, even if he was lying.
You guys sounded like OK we believe our insinuations are wrong we just need you to come out and defend your innocence that we believed in. Even if you are wrong, we will hail you for deny it.
That position is only made more ridiculous by Valteena's position shared by most of you - "at least she said something..." what is that ?

It is either you believe the Editors are involved in a land deal or not. Nobody that evr trusted him have any reason based on that report to second guess him. If you never trusted him and you believe that there is deal, that is your problem, sue him or shut up.

Everytime I still think there are other credible Editors on that list that are not being crucified I am more convinced in my conviction that you guys are either confused or mischievous.

Everytime I think that Bayo Onanuga spoke that he applied like every other Nigerian and nobody has come out to refute his position and yet you still want. Abati to come out and say the obvious, I am more determined to fight you guys to its logical conclusion.

Mikky jaga
Mar 13, 2009, 04:12 PM
Oh my Gawd, not Abati all over again!!

Let's please discuss Mme Waziri or close this thread.

This thread is not about Abati for crying's sake

Mikky jaga
Mar 13, 2009, 04:21 PM
wtf! don't be evil !

Yeah, she described the people peddling the "rumour" and trying to "blackmail" her as "forces of evil". That is a hard word coming from the Chair of the Anticorruption agency.

Are they truly "forces of evil" or do they have anything in their defence?

dem
Mar 14, 2009, 01:04 PM
So dem,

how do you see the SR reports in the light of Mme Waz's denial? Does it not now look truly as the work of disgruntled elements out to peddle rumours just to tarnish other people's images?

..........No.

But that wasn't even the point I was making.