PDA

View Full Version : Nigerian band required for Bristol wedding

afuwapla
Feb 10, 2009, 04:45 PM
hi all - I need a nigerian (ideally yoruba) band for my wedding reception in Bristol.

I am a london born nigerian...my W2B is from a white middle class family. Ideally, I'd like a band that could play some classic juju but could then swap and play some soul/funk. Any ideas?thanks in advance

WaleAkin
Feb 10, 2009, 05:37 PM
1. Feyisara and D' xtended family-07958 519 318-Link (http://www.myspace.com/feyisara1)

2. Solek Crew

3. Leke and the Levites

Google these names, they are good Naija juju/hiphop bands.

Have a very wonderful wedding.

NoLongThing
Feb 10, 2009, 09:28 PM
1. Feyisara and D' xtended family-07958 519 318-Link (http://www.myspace.com/feyisara1)

2. Solek Crew

3. Leke and the Levites

Google these names, they are good Naija juju/hiphop bands.

Have a very wonderful wedding.

:shake:Walata, you too like rockies sha. I know all three but Solek kills it for me.:D

WaleAkin
Feb 10, 2009, 10:10 PM
:shake:Walata, you too like rockies sha. I know all three but Solek kills it for me.:DI sauntered into a heavily crowded wedding reception somewhere in Enfield this past January when out of the blues, Leke spotted me and started the usual:

Awo kan/7x (Some Fellas..............)
Wale Awo kan (Some Fellas...........)
Awon kan/4x
Wale Awo kan
Awon kan waye wa sise (Some Fellas are on this earth to work..........)
Awon kan waye wa pa owo ohh (Some Fellas are on this earth to make the dough....)

Balo, inside this credit crunch, ah go come go spend money for Musician? I just bone am one time

NoLongThing
Feb 10, 2009, 11:39 PM
I sauntered into a heavily crowded wedding reception somewhere in Enfield this past January when out of the blues, Leke spotted me and started the usual:

Awo kan/7x (Some Fellas..............)
Wale Awo kan (Some Fellas...........)
Awon kan/4x
Wale Awo kan
Awon kan waye wa sise (Some Fellas are on this earth to work..........)
Awon kan waye wa pa owo ohh (Some Fellas are on this earth to make the dough....)

Balo, inside this credit crunch, ah go come go spend money for Musician? I just bone am one time

Balo Kan wa j'aye ohhhh (Some fellas are on this earth to enjoy life) - Abolore Adegbola Akande aka 9ice

afuwapla
Feb 11, 2009, 11:50 AM
Wale - Thank you so much. I will research these bands.

Let me tell you, organising wedding in credit crunch (and I lost my job in bank 2 weeks ago) - is not easy sha!

Many many thanks again W

MsWoman
Feb 11, 2009, 08:35 PM
If you lost your job not too long ago, you betta go easy on the wedding....persin wey get job gan still dey pay off wedding gbese some 3 years later. Take it easy and good luck oh! At times, weddings are just simply overrated! I am guilty oh, but have learned that I will never spend that kain money on any type of event ever again!

Ph3y
Feb 14, 2009, 06:42 PM
Wale - Thank you so much. I will research these bands.

Let me tell you, organising wedding in credit crunch (and I lost my job in bank 2 weeks ago) - is not easy sha!

Many many thanks again W

So sowi about your job o......And would emphasizes on what MsWoman said.....Please spend judiciously......E ku ipalemo
:shake:

Solid
Apr 14, 2009, 01:52 AM
If you lost your job not too long ago, you betta go easy on the wedding....persin wey get job gan still dey pay off wedding gbese some 3 years later. Take it easy and good luck oh! At times, weddings are just simply overrated! I am guilty oh, but have learned that I will never spend that kain money on any type of event ever again!

----------------------

Wetin happen, the guy wants to enjoy his remarkable moment and forget any kind of sorrow for now. When day break, dem go sort out the rest.

SOLID

MsWoman
Apr 15, 2009, 05:45 PM
----------------------

Wetin happen, the guy wants to enjoy his remarkable moment and forget any kind of sorrow for now. When day break, dem go sort out the rest.

SOLID

Okay, oh, I don hia you Solid! Na just advice I dey give.