PDA

View Full Version : [Article] The Birthday Of The King. A Deep Reflection (part 2)

Pastor Sam Aweda
Dec 29, 2008, 11:26 PM
<p>The Birthday of the King. A deep Reflection –part 2 </p> <p>Sam Aweda </p> <p>When Jesus lived on earth, nature obeyed Him. He calmed deadly storms (tempest) with only a command "Peace be still' such that others on the journey with him were filled with awe and said among themselves, "What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him (<em>Mark 4: 35-41</em>). </p> <p>Earth's gravitational force could not hold Him down. He walked on water (<em>Mark: 6: 49</em>). He cured all manner of diseases and demons came out of those who were possessed at His command (<em>Mark 6: 53-56, Lk4. 4: 38-44</em>). He brought the dead back to life (<em>Lk.7: 11-17; John 11: 38-44</em>). </p> <p>He recounted and referred to events that took place since creation familiarly and foretold future events. This confirms that He was present at creation. The Bible recorded Him as "The Word" meaning "Spirit". Science says we are body, Soul and Spirit. The three make up our system. We cannot separate one from the other and since Jesus is the Spirit of God, this, then does not make Him in anyway lesser than God. He is God. </p> <p>It further states that "The Word was with God and the Word was God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not anything made that was made" (<em>John 1: 1-3</em>). </p> <p>As a matter of courtesy, He referred to Himself on many occasions as ‘the Son of God' Otherwise, He was not shy to reveal or address Himself as God. </p> <p>For instance, </p> <p>i. He once told the Pharisees "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: he saw it and was glad" The statement irritated the Pharisees so much that they attempted to stone Him. They charged back "You aren't even fifty years old. How can you say you have seen Abraham?" to which Jesus replied " The truth is, Before Abraham was, I am" Yet there was a difference of about 2000 years between Abraham and the appearance of Christ in the flesh" (<em>John 8: 56-58</em>) </p> <p>ii. He referred to the woman with menstrual disorder as ‘daughter". He told her "Daughter, your faith has made you well" (<em>Mk: 5: 34</em>). Jesus was only about 30 years old on earth and most probably the woman older in age. </p> <p>iii. He forgave sins. Only God can do that.&nbsp;A paralyzed man was brought to him for healing. He told him "Son, your sins are forgiven" The religious leaders queried "Who but God can forgive sins?" But Jesus said those words in order to afford them the opportunity to know who really He is, "God". And He said it emphatically again "That you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins" (<em>Mark 2: 3-10</em>). No man in history up to date has ever pronounced such a statement because it is only God who can forgive any man's sins. By this, Jesus confirmed to them that He is God. </p> <p>iv. He (Jesus) told the criminal who was crucified with Him "I assure you, today, you will meet me in Paradise (<em>Lk.23: 43</em>). Who can ever give such assurance but God? </p> <p>v. Demons who took their abode in a certain man recognized Him and became terrified at His presence, proclaiming Him as "Son of the Most High God" If demons could acknowledge Him, I wonder what further evidence anyone need as a proof of His deity.&nbsp;Jesus cast the evil spirits out of the man.&nbsp;</p> <p>vi. We all, are a product of a union between a man and a woman but Jesus was born by a virgin who did not a foretime sleep with any man.&nbsp;Some have argued that the creation of Adam from dust was even a greater miracle but below is the difference: </p> <p>vii. When Adam died his body decayed in the grave and returned to dust, from which he was made. The same thing will happen to you and I when we die. Only when we wake up at resurrection, we shall be given a new body, a body which will be immortal, which will not die again. But when Jesus was put to death by the most agonizing type by the nails on the cross, He rose up on the 3<sup>rd</sup> day with the same body that was crucified and buried. His body did not see corruption (decay) because He was not made</p> <p>&nbsp;from dust. He is immortal from the beginning. </p> <p>viii. He told Nicodemus, a professor of Jewish law "And no man has ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, <strong>even the son of man, which is in heaven</strong>" (<em>John 3: 13</em>). He was simply telling Nicodemus that He (Jesus), who was talking to him (Nicodemus) is the same one who is in heaven. </p> <p>ix. Jesus has been talking about His father. One of the disciples, Philip, had to ask Him to show them the father "And we shall be satisfied" Jesus replied "………Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father…….." (<em>John: 14: 8-10</em>). </p> <p><strong>Some people have insinuated that Jesus was a prophet to the Jews only</strong>. </p> <p>Though His immediate parent was a Jew, He did not at any time promote the Jewish religion or culture throughout His sojourn on earth. Both the Bible as well as the report of Pontius Pilate, the Roman representative of the Roman Empire testified to it (refer part 1 of this article). </p> <p>Searching through His genealogy in the Bible, I can confirm that all the blood of all races of the then world were present in Him.&nbsp;</p> <p>I encourage everyone to also do the research. In Jesus flowed the blood of Tamar, a Canaanite woman, whose union with Judah, the 4<sup>th</sup> son of Israel produced Perez, the great ancestor of king David, through whom Mary descended. Canaanites are the descendants of Ham, the father all black race (<em>Gen.10.6; Gen. 38</em>; <em>Lk. 3:33; Ruth 4:18-22</em>). </p> <p>In Jesus also flowed the blood of Rahab, the harlot of Jericho, who alone with her father's household was spared when the Soldiers of General Joshua besieged Jericho. Jericho was also a city of the Canaanite, a city of black people (<em>Joshua 6:25; Matt. 1: 12</em>). </p> <p>In Jesus was the blood of Ruth, a Moabite (<em>Ruth 4: 18-22</em>). Moab was in the ancient Syria. Israel (Jacob) himself was described as a Syrian (<em>Deut. 26:5</em>). &nbsp;</p> <p>So, the insinuation that Jesus was a prophet to the Jews alone cannot be true. He had the blood of all races of the then world in Him and came for the salvation/redemption of the whole wide world. </p> <p>The serious difficulty, with many people is to believe and accept that if Jesus is the One who created all the spectacular things, which words are inadequate to describe, why should He have to transform Himself to human, and subject Himself to man's cruel torture and allowed His blood to be spilled in death in order that His own creation might have their sins forgiven and be saved. And that believing and confession to this plan of salvation is the only way to see God when we die and live with Him in heaven. It sounds illogical if not altogether senseless. Someone who is so mighty in power, does He have to go through such a hassle, humiliation and agony in order that the sins of His creation might be cleansed? Who are human beings compared with Him that He had to humiliate Himself so much before He could forgive their sins? What an insulting preposition? </p> <p>They have no difficulties believing Him as a prophet but to say that He is God and confession to His name alone is the path to heaven is like taking it too far, if not hallucination. </p> <p>It may sound ridiculous like a tale in Baba Sala's comedy but that is God, whose ways and thoughts are higher than ours (<em>Isaiah 55:8</em>). </p> <p>The design for man's salvation is that Jesus must be hanged. And if any one fails to believe it, he/she has missed the whole point of God's plan for the salvation of man. Such a one is simply making God a liar because without the shedding of His blood, there cannot be the forgiveness of sins for any one <em>(Heb.9: 27).</em> And there is salvation in no one else: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved <em>(Acts 4: 12)</em>. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life" This is not the whole story. The conclusion is "He that believes not in the Son shall only not see life but the wrath of God abides on Him" (<em>John 3:16, 36</em>) </p> <p>Happy Birthday Lord Jesus. </p> <p>Sam Aweda </p> <p>President &amp; Snr. Pastor, Jesus for the World Revival mission. </p> <br><br><a target="_blank" href=http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11071><b>..Read the full article</b></a><br>

Jagunlabi
Dec 30, 2008, 12:17 PM
Thanks Pastor,

Infact i think in the spirit of the season, Good-Will and all, i unanimously confer on the "Pastor-in Residence, Nigeria Village Square":):):).

Jokes apart, thanks for bringing the Reason for the Season into the village square.