PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help searching for a husband

image2real4u
Aug 18, 2008, 11:44 AM
Good Morning...
Forgive me I'm new to this.
I'm a 31 black american female residing in NC, and I am currently single.
I recently have decided that it is time to settle down and find a gentleman that was interested in Marriage.
It is very hard find a gentleman that is interested in any form of a relationship.
That is why I've join NVS, In hopes for finding a respective gentle to love and care about me.

If you are interested in getting to know more about me...
I'm Lynn.

UncleTisha
Aug 18, 2008, 03:54 PM
Welcome to the square, Image2real4u.

Can you share with us the attributes/characteristics/idiosyncrasies you would like this gentleman to have?

I believe this would be a good starting point.

Cheers

Isho
Aug 18, 2008, 04:40 PM
Is this palava Oga Big-K?

Anonymous Villager
Aug 18, 2008, 04:46 PM
Is this palava Oga Big-K?
I think it qualifies as palava. At least she has indicated interest, all yeah bachelors ,proceed to send in your applications.:lol:

Anonymous Villager
Aug 18, 2008, 04:47 PM
Good Morning...
I recently have decided that it is time to settle down and find a gentleman that was interested in Marriage.
It is very hard find a gentleman that is interested in any form of a relationship.
That is why I've join NVS, In hopes for finding a respective gentle to love and care about me.

I'm Lynn.

Lynn, you can write more about yourself and why you specifically want a Nigerian man to have joined the NVS. Also you need to post more so you can receive private messages and send the same in case some of the villagers here are interested. Good luck...

chiiroha
Aug 18, 2008, 05:28 PM
Lynn, you can write more about yourself and why you specifically want a Nigerian man to have joined the NVS. Also you need to post more so you can receive private messages and send the same in case some of the villagers here are interested. Good luck...

While at it... image2real4u... kindly post some pictures too, it will help speed things up.

Isho wetin concern u? are u not a married man? abeg commot for this thread.

gd evening

Pooky
Aug 18, 2008, 08:12 PM
Girl you sound desperate. The only thing you are going to get is used and abused. Why a naija man? What you want you a 419 boy? That is what you are going to get. You are going to get you a man who is looking for a way to America. Once he get through using you, he will toss you aside. You are begging to be screwed over.

You think it is going to be better with foreign men? No it ain't. In most cases, unless the man is unique, the cultural differences are going to be too much.

He may look like a brotha, but he ain't a "brotha." It is cultural and indoctrination and history. Yes for a small few, it can work. But for the most part, it is just a business transaction. I just want you to know that how most(90%) of the Naija guys will see it, no matter what. It is a means to an end. You are his ticket.

Again, your desperation is going to get you so screwed. You are ripe for the picking, and some Naija guys are salavating at the mouth. I am a woman and I smell it.

ISL
Aug 18, 2008, 09:17 PM
lol!

I've never paid any attention to pooky or know anything about her, but judging from posting above, it's not that hard to figure out her story.......................oma she o, pele (sorry, you hear?)

VOR
Aug 18, 2008, 09:30 PM
Oya o! all you NVS gentlemen file out don't disappoint me here o! eh henn. Eja, Celti, Auspy, Ogi, where una dey? make una no begin fight for queue ooooo:redface:, remember, you are gentlemen:)

@Pooky

I don't know the type of Nigerian men you associate or have associated with but your post is serious misyarning! So its not possible for AV to be "screwed" by other nationalities abi? ko kin se ejo e rara (no be ya fault) :rolleyes:

omaks
Aug 18, 2008, 09:42 PM
Good Morning...

I'm Lynn.

What i find interesting about your post Image2real4u, is the fact that you have chosen our humble NVS forum for your search when you could have gone to many available dating agencies. Is it that you are specifically looking for a Nigerian man? It is a honour too that you have by way of implication adjudged men on the NVS as capable alternatives to provide respect, be gentle, loving and caring 'to you'. May i at this point remind you too that in any realationship it's not about only 'you'. What about your partner? What have you got to offer him? I wish you all the best though, in you search for peace and happiness.

image2real4u
Aug 18, 2008, 11:46 PM
Thank you all for the many comments you have posted in response to my note.
I will try to address them as best as i can.
Someone asked specifically why i choose this site. I was in a long distance relationship with a Nigerian gentleman 2 or 3 years ago . He lives in Lagos. it was very hard to keep an open communication with him. Due to time zone and distance.
It was a mutal discussion to just remain pen pals but after a while the letters from him became very few, until he just stopped replying.
I have tried other dating sites... and just not pleased with ther results.
As far what i bring to the relationship.
I'm a very independent woman. I'm a healthcare professional. I own my own home and car. Also i don't have kids. I'm able to provide for myself fincianlly, I'm just tired of dating, I want someone to be my bestfriend, lover , and confidant.
IN NO WAYS AM I DESPERATE!!!!

How do i post a Picture ??? Again i'm very new at this so... any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lynn

What i find interesting about your post Image2real4u, is the fact that you have chosen our humble NVS forum for your search when you could have gone to many available dating agencies. Is it that you are specifically looking for a Nigerian man? It is a honour too that you have by way of implication adjudged men on the NVS as capable alternatives to provide respect, be gentle, loving and caring 'to you'. May i at this point remind you too that in any realationship it's not about only 'you'. What about your partner? What have you got to offer him? I wish you all the best though, in you search for peace and happiness.
UGH!!!!

Anonymous Villager
Aug 18, 2008, 11:47 PM
Lynn, So you want a Nigerian man based in the states? Please you can post your picturs in your profile page and also an email address. No one can send you a mail unless you have up to 20 posts on the board. I am enjoying your honesty and wish you goodluck.

VOR
Aug 19, 2008, 12:06 AM
How do i post a Picture ??? Again i'm very new at this so... any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lynn

Lynn, why don't you get to know Villagers first and then communicate with those you feel comfortable with via PM or e-mail? It is not advisable exhibiting your business on an open board.
Good luck in your search!

Big-K
Aug 19, 2008, 01:21 AM
....... Yes for a small few, it can work. But for the most part, it is just a business transaction. I just want you to know that how most(90%) of the Naija guys will see it, no matter what. It is a means to an end. You are his ticket.
pooks,
..here you go again..90% of the Naija guys you know? or 90% based on some other research? source of your research?

image2real4u
I want to buttress VOR's point above..Please get to know the person really REALLY REALLY well before even thinking of exchanging any form of personal information or pictures - and certainly not on a public forum. Then after knowing the person well, DOUBLE-CHECK EVERYTHING. We receive too many emails of swindled "lovers' on NVS mail-box and I'll hate to read such from you. I'm sure you know all these anyway...

purple
Aug 19, 2008, 01:54 AM
Girl you sound desperate. The only thing you are going to get is used and abused. Why a naija man? What you want you a 419 boy? That is what you are going to get. You are going to get you a man who is looking for a way to America. Once he get through using you, he will toss you aside. You are begging to be screwed over.

You think it is going to be better with foreign men? No it ain't. In most cases, unless the man is unique, the cultural differences are going to be too much.

He may look like a brotha, but he ain't a "brotha." It is cultural and indoctrination and history. Yes for a small few, it can work. But for the most part, it is just a business transaction. I just want you to know that how most(90%) of the Naija guys will see it, no matter what. It is a means to an end. You are his ticket.

Again, your desperation is going to get you so screwed. You are ripe for the picking, and some Naija guys are salavating at the mouth. I am a woman and I smell it.

Yeah, right! With 1 million African American brothas in prison, with them having higher rates of drugs and alcohol related problems and being more likely to die from HIV/AIDS, they may look like brothas, but are not. Everyone should know who their brother is.

Seems to me that AV will rather take her chances with the 419 Naijas than a drug addicted jailbird.

Auspicious
Aug 19, 2008, 02:34 AM
Hi, VOR , ISL et al!

'E don tey since dat wan don bigin run eim mout for dis Ogbonge Village of no regret. No soso 'epe' (curse, in Yoruba) eim dey like use to describe Naija pepo. Yes, nor be only di Brudas dem she dey like curse and yab; woman too nor free from eim warapa misyurns. Small time, she go yurn yu how small pikin and smell of Ciga na dis same kin of "irritants" wey dey irritate am.

I tell yu, di kain kondishon wey dey worry am, dem never recognize am - talk less of to disgnoze am. Na soso book, book, book, ooooooo, she know. Still, plus all di book she don read, and she still be reading, and plan to readed, we nor see enlightenment for eim body. Na so-so gerro yarns full eim mout - like di wan wey she jus' yarn for hia. Say make Baba God nor make yu be like am abeg!

I am Auspy.

Alexa
Aug 19, 2008, 04:06 AM
Hi, VOR , ISL et al!

'E don tey since dat wan don bigin run eim mout for dis Ogbonge Village of no regret. No soso 'epe' (curse, in Yoruba) eim dey like use to describe Naija pepo. Yes, nor be only di Brudas dem she dey like curse and yab; woman too nor free from eim warapa misyurns. Small time, she go yurn yu how small pikin and smell of Ciga na dis same kin of "irritants" wey dey irritate am.

I tell yu, di kain kondishon wey dey worry am, dem never recognize am - talk less of to disgnoze am. Na soso book, book, book, ooooooo, she know. Still, plus all di book she don read, and she still be reading, and plan to readed, we nor see enlightenment for eim body. Na so-so gerro yarns full eim mout - like di wan wey she jus' yarn for hia. Say make Baba God nor make yu be like am abeg!

I am Auspy.

Auspy,have you sent in your applications yet?I'm suprised you haven't declared you want this sista.:D

lateesha
Aug 19, 2008, 04:22 AM
Hmm.
This sounds good.
@ poster you may just find your Mr right here.
Don't mind the used and abused pooky pie over there.

Auspicious
Aug 19, 2008, 06:04 AM
Auspy,have you sent in your applications yet?I'm suprised you haven't declared you want this sista.:D

Oh I don't need to, Alexa..

Why? Well cuz I already found you. :biggrin:

L.H. Auspy.

SNB
Aug 19, 2008, 06:46 AM
@Pooky

I don't know the type of Nigerian men you associate or have associated with but your post is serious misyarning! So its not possible for AV to be "screwed" by other nationalities abi? ko kin se ejo e rara (no be ya fault) :rolleyes:

Abi ke, I say one size doesn't fit all. Just because some block head burned Pooky doesn't mean all Naija men o gbadun (no correct).

I know many able bodied Naija men, friends, family, you name it, who have more than done their parts in taking care of their homes. These are responsible men and they abound both here and in Naija. Not all Naija men dey do 419, many do work for their money. Pls. I don't know why folks assess others just because of their experiences with one or a few men.

Pooky, are you a Nigerian woman? What is your cultural background? Omo bo ni e, = where are you from on this planet earth?

I sense a huge resentment towards Naija men from you. How many Naija men have used and abused you? May I also ask what you did to deserve the treatment you got? Did you disrespect them, their family, their beliefs, or even their culture? Now if my questions offend you, then I sincerely apologize in advance. I am only basing my questions on your comments.

@Lynn, don't be fooled, as it is anywhere, if you present yourself in way that make you seem cheap, well,....don't expect anything other than that. But if you have high standards and a good sense of self, with God's help (that's if you believe in Him), you'll be able to make the right choices. Sometimes it isn't good to rush things.

So take it easy, put everything in perspective and you'll be just fine.

We receive too many emails of swindled "lovers' on NVS mail-box and I'll hate to read such from you. ..

Look at this Big-K, oh, you are just giving us this hot gist now eh.....na wah o! I'm sure the resident gbeboruns already know:D

How that one dey hapin now? Someone swindle another, in this "loving" village :D. Na wa ya:biggrin::lol:

Ranter
Aug 19, 2008, 07:11 AM
Pookyyy, I say sharrap and siddon for guter, see ya mouth,abeg, commot for road make I pass.People with name like pooky can only be used and abused.

See this kain woman , dey mess me and my bros dem up,If you dont sharrap next time on this kain topics I go show u my blokos.

E he, Americana, continue searching here, The real men are only made in Naija.

IZONERE
Aug 19, 2008, 10:39 AM
Pookyyy, I say sharrap and siddon for guter, see ya mouth,abeg, commot for road make I pass.People with name like pooky can only be used and abused.

See this kain woman , dey mess me and my bros dem up,If you dont sharrap next time on this kain topics I go show u my blokos.

E he, Americana, continue searching here, The real men are only made in Naija.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Lawd ha mercy!

image2real4u
Aug 19, 2008, 11:31 AM
Good Morning...

I'm realizing that it was a horrible idea to post this information. I didn't Know that my posting was label " I need a nigerian man"

I can see now why i look so silly to you all.

So, I think it would be best i leave your site. I was wondering why "pooky" Was being alittle harsh.
I can't allow my dream of finding love be a joke.

Take care everyone

Lynn

elgaxton
Aug 19, 2008, 11:39 AM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Lawd ha mercy!

ehen! so everything wey Ranter na only the na that one u see highlight ehn... :eek::rolleyes:

how u dey na? I just dey miss u:razz:

You are welcome to NVS

Maybe a proper introduction at the intro section will help us know u better

calist
Aug 19, 2008, 12:15 PM
Good Morning...

I'm realizing that it was a horrible idea to post this information. I didn't Know that my posting was label " I need a nigerian man"

So, I think it would be best i leave your site. I was wondering why "pooky" Was being alittle harsh.

Take care everyone

Lynn

Hi Lady Lynn

It hasn't gotten to that, don't back out now, no one is making a joke from your love search here on NVS, all but one response are very useful/helpful concerning your request. Besides always remember that nothing good comes easy; that is why you have being advised on not posting your picture on the board for the sake of your privacy and to engage in other topics on the board that you are comfortable with, so that on your 20th post you may be able to send and receive applications from eligible and interested brothers on board.

Like the really world, do concentrate/pay more attention to posts/issues that addresses your request. Cheer up girl, keep your head up and do not loose focus on your goal because your success story is on the way.

You don't appear silly but a goal getter, one who knows what she wants and is about getting it. :biggrin:

All the best

Big-K
Aug 19, 2008, 02:04 PM
Good Morning...

Take care everyone

Lynn

Lynn,

Many responses here may seem harsh, but they can quite helpful in ensuring you're not taken advantage of - either here or elsewhere.

I'll encourage you to hang around, interact more and you will surely find (like other African American sisters on the board) that this is a very friendly community and who knows - your dream man may be waiting.

A belated welcome to NVS

Look at this Big-K, oh, you are just giving us this hot gist now eh.....na wah o! I'm sure the resident gbeboruns already know:D

How that one dey hapin now? Someone swindle another, in this "loving" village :D. Na wa ya:biggrin::lol:
SNB, My comment has to do with foreigners that were taken advantage of by yahoo boys and not NVS affairs. Cheers

Tempest
Aug 19, 2008, 02:29 PM
It has been suspicious right from the start.:rolleyes:

lateesha
Aug 19, 2008, 04:21 PM
Ms Lynn,

please hear me out.
The most negative statements here came from pookie

What pookie said is no different from someone for instance labelling you a single mother,on welfare and living in the projects because you're a black lady.
Nigeria is a country of about 140 million people and perhaps 70 million men.
There are bound to be bad eggs.
Our situation is not unique,there are bad eggs in any society.
Don't let someone who has basically described her entire male experience on NVS damage your image of Nigerian men.
You sound like an intelligent women,I'm sure you can make good choices
There are countless good Nigerian men
I married one of them.

Rose
Aug 19, 2008, 04:40 PM
Lynn, be careful with Serious NaijaBabe. I'm still waiting for her to tell me who I'm most compatible with since she accused me of squatting on NVS to find a husband. :D

UncleTisha
Aug 19, 2008, 04:58 PM
Lynn, be careful with Serious NaijaBabe. I'm still waiting for her to tell me who I'm most compatible with since she accused me of squatting on NVS to find a husband. :D

Perhaps she doesn't want to tell you it's UncleTisha :D:D

Oops! Did I just say that?

Where is Busanga by the way?

Rose, what have you done to my buoda (brother)? :lol::biggrin::lol:

Rose
Aug 19, 2008, 05:03 PM
Perhaps she doesn't want to tell you it's UncleTisha :D:D

Oops! Did I just say that?

Where is Busanga by the way?

Rose, what have you done to my buoda (brother)? :lol::biggrin::lol:
Ehen...I knew she was hoarding all the good ones for her real friends!! She ain't right at all! I was thinking about Bu and DW...now where are those NVS mvps. :biggrin: I won't tell you what I said to Bu but I wrapped a white feather in a red cloth and held it in my mouth when I sounded off to him.

WaleAkin
Aug 19, 2008, 05:10 PM
Mid 30s!

Single

Black British

Good salaried job

Tall

Broad Chested

Flat Tummy(Six Packs)

Social Drinker

Non-Smoker

Christian

Golfer

The above Bloke is available and in search of a "marriage material"!

PM me pls!

Venerable Wale Akin

Rose
Aug 19, 2008, 05:16 PM
Single
WaleAkin, I know you aren't married but your wife is right? :D

Pooky
Aug 19, 2008, 07:24 PM
Big K,

Broda why you gon front? You know what the deal is. I am not gon front for my sister. She is looking for some serious trouble. You know it. I know it. But you don't want to admit it. Well I gots to tell it like it is. Because, I know y'all ain't gon tell her like it is. Y'all gon pretend like everything is okay. Y'all ain't gon warn her. Y'all gon let her walk cheerful into the slaughter, even though you know the hyneas and the lions lay in wait to devour her flesh. Laughing.

Now if she doesn't heed my warning, then that on her. I have done my duty. Praise de lawd. Ise a child of God and gots to do my duty. I would want to be extended the same consideration and curtesy.

You ain't fault me because I am telling de truth is you broda Big K?

Hugs and Kisses,

Holla

P.S. I have missed you in books. Where you be?

P.S. It is hard for most AA women to tolerate African men. It is culture and indoctrination. This is a fact. We have just been raised differently and socialized differently from African women. Now I am not saying that all African men, I did qualify my statement. However, from my personal experiences dating someone and marrying them are two different things. If you and the man are okay, then there is another "big problem" a sista has to contend with "HIS FAMILY." The African family can be very troublesome in the lives of their broda. Most AA women just ain't gon tolerate the nuisance.

Y'all know I am right. It is just dang hard. However, I do feel that there are small number of African men who might be suitable for AA women. It is all in how they are raised and what type of family they come from. Again, we are just raised some differently and our cultures are vastly different.

For example, I wasn't taught by any member of my family that I was inferior to men. I was told and saw by example that women and men are generally the same. Therefore, I feel that a man is my equal and should be my partner. However, I still expect the man to be the man. I know that real manhood is something you grow into. It doesn't automatically come with having male genitalia. I have met AA and Naija men who are physically men, but foolish to a core, and I would not put any trust in them. Why because they dont' have what takes for me to respect them or follow.

Big K I am not attacking Naija men. But lets face facts and be real, any sista dealing with a Naija man has to step very, very careful. It is a mine field, and by her putting herself out like that, she is going to draw many of the 419 boys. And we know the 419 comes in many variations.

I would suggest to her find sites American women have created who have married or have been involved with foreign men, especially Naijas. They tell their various stories. She will get a good education, and know what to look for to avoid getting conned.

Girlfriend,

I am your sista. I don't have a reason to lie to you. Don't rush into anything. They know what I say is true, but will never admit to outside company. I wish you the best of luck. You know like in your family you have a crazy relative, but you will never call him/her crazy to folks outside the family. You will front to the world. I just say be careful.

Hey if he need you to file his papers, I say run. Don't be surprise if he professes his undying love very quickly.

SNB
Aug 19, 2008, 08:20 PM

Rose, you ain't right. With this attitude :rolleyes:, I ain't never goin tell you. Keep on looking. I haven't heard from you in a while on this issue, me thinks u don already jump da broom...:D Now why didn't u invite me for greens, corn bread and peach cobler? You is greedy..:D

Lynn, don't mind this Rose woman, she is a clown. I pray you find what your heart dersires.

I also don't you should take one woman's bitter pill as the gospel truth about Nigerian men or any man. You'll be okay.

WaleAkin, I know you aren't married but your wife is right? :D

How are you sure he was describing himself? Me thinks, WAkin don open match making agency.

VOR
Aug 19, 2008, 09:34 PM
odi e'ji. sha ma da to lenu, wa to gbo labari oro:rolleyes: (second time, keep misyarning, you'll soon be told some truths)

Big K,

Broda why you gon front? You know what the deal is. I am not gon front for my sister. She is looking for some serious trouble. You know it. I know it. But you don't want to admit it. Well I gots to tell it like it is. Because, I know y'all ain't gon tell her like it is. Y'all gon pretend like everything is okay. Y'all ain't gon warn her. Y'all gon let her walk cheerful into the slaughter, even though you know the hyneas and the lions lay in wait to devour her flesh. Laughing.

Now if she doesn't heed my warning, then that on her. I have done my duty. Praise de lawd. Ise a child of God and gots to do my duty. I would want to be extended the same consideration and curtesy.

Hugs and Kisses,

Holla

P.S. It is hard for most AA women to tolerate African men. It is culture and indoctrination. This is a fact. We have just been raised differently and socialized differently from African women. Now I am not saying that all African men, I did qualify my statement. However, from my personal experiences dating someone and marrying them are two different things. If you and the man are okay, then there is another "big problem" a sista has to contend with "HIS FAMILY." The African family can be very troublesome in the lives of their broda. Most AA women just ain't gon tolerate the nuisance.

Y'all know I am right. It is just dang hard. However, I do feel that there are small number of African men who might be suitable for AA women. It is all in how they are raised and what type of family they come from. Again, we are just raised some differently and our cultures are vastly different.

For example, I wasn't taught by any member of my family that I was inferior to men. I was told and saw by example that women and men are generally the same. Therefore, I feel that a man is my equal and should be my partner. However, I still expect the man to be the man. I know that real manhood is something you grow into. It doesn't automatically come with having male genitalia. I have met AA and Naija men who are physically men, but foolish to a core, and I would not put any trust in them. Why because they dont' have what takes for me to respect them or follow.

Big K I am not attacking Naija men. But lets face facts and be real, any sista dealing with a Naija man has to step very, very careful. It is a mine field, and by her putting herself out like that, she is going to draw many of the 419 boys. And we know the 419 comes in many variations.

I would suggest to her find sites American women have created who have married or have been involved with foreign men, especially Naijas. They tell their various stories. She will get a good education, and know what to look for to avoid getting conned.

Girlfriend,

I am your sista. I don't have a reason to lie to you. Don't rush into anything. They know what I say is true, but will never admit to outside company. I wish you the best of luck. You know like in your family you have a crazy relative, but you will never call him/her crazy to folks outside the family. You will front to the world. I just say be careful.

Hey if he need you to file his papers, I say run. Don't be surprise if he professes his undying love very quickly.

Big-K
Aug 19, 2008, 09:51 PM
Pooky,

I'm not discounting the fact that there are bad Nigerians (and that all Americans are angels) - just don't paint 140million people with a broad swipe. see: http://www.nigerwivesnigeria.com/

ps: I watched daughters and will discuss that with you later - just stop the stereotyping abeg

depirate
Aug 19, 2008, 10:20 PM
...There are countless good Nigerian men
I married one of them.

And a lucky man he is too

Thank you

Auspicious
Aug 19, 2008, 11:40 PM
Pooky,

I'm not discounting the fact that there are bad Nigerians (and that all Americans are angels) - just don't paint 140million people with a broad swipe. see: http://www.nigerwivesnigeria.com/

ps: I watched daughters and will discuss that with you later - just stop the stereotyping abeg

Thank You, Big-K!

It is the height of irresponsibility for ANY HUMAN BEING to consistently and unabashedly attempt characterizing a whole group of people of various backgrounds in one broad, negative light. And people who persistently do such are beyond redemption if you ask me. You don't spoon-feed such people with common-sense, you tell them to shut their bloody traps and tell them to get the bloody hell out of your face. It is one thing to err or mis-speak, but it is another thing not to realize one's stupid ways despite recieving several corrections over the years from sane human beings around her.
Of course AV's method of seeking friendship is dangerous and, of course, Nigerians here and elsewhere aren't as heartless as to keep mum while AV plays with fire. I have good Nigerian friends who are married to African-Americans and my-oh-my, are their marriages grreat or what! You bet darn well it is a healthy and happy Union! My boy is an MD and his wife too is an MD. Oh, and wait for it, my boy was raised all-the-way in Nigeria, from Kindergarten to University. And we are yet to witness a clash of a "barbaric" African culture where "women are 2nd fiddle" with the "sophisticated" African-American culture.

The difference is, my friend found a good, decent woman - not a ghetto chic who has NO reverence or respect for other people or their cultures. My friend's African-American woman is a gem, raised by refined parents whose worldview isn't limited to race and race-relations and slavery; she's every decent man's dream. My friend's woman isn't a woman consumed by any kind of inferiority complex - especially that type that makes some of her fellow women go around feeling the need to constantly blow hot-air about female-lib, and turn every minor issue to a major issue. She is everyman's woman. And their are many like her in the African-American community.

And the same goes for my friend's Nigerian parents; he was raised by educated and exposed parents who do NOT subscribe to the nonesense being peddled irresponsibly about by the Miserably Angry Black Woman here who "can't stand Smokers and Toddlers":eek:. My friend is of a refined background where those who sired him and their circle of friends are of a mindset that revers Everywoman as a special creation. And my friend's wife feels very privileged to find such a Nigerian in my friend. They met in New York and they live in Boston together now. You can't seperate them - lovely couple! No doubt their's is only possible because they aren't some close-minded ignoramuses.

Of course, the FIRST INSTINCT of anyone here will be to warn AV-1 about the dangers of being taken advantage of. And such is possible vice-versa too for the African who goes to an African-American audience seeking a partner. Africans too will warn such person - man or woman - to be careful about his or her approach to finding a partner. "You don't want to set yourself up out there like a Bait for Opportunists", s/he'd be told. But only a few stupid people will come out and say, "Hey, you better not go there because most of them AA's are whores and baby mamas and drug addicts and gang-bangers".

And that is what this crazy chic called Pooky does anytime she opens her irresponsible mouth to talk about Nigerians for about 2 years I have been reading her here now. What a stupid woman. What happened to all that education she got? What happened to all the enlightenment one gets from reading books, given that she purports to love books so much that she's one of the most active members of the book section of NVS? Ooooh wait a minute; all she reads is books about slavery and racism, I suppose. Or books about how to survive and live as a High-Strung Angry Black Divorcee. She's always quick to tell others how well her "Daddy" raised her, but I doubt she ever listened to anything sane her Daddy done told her.

We can always tell the truth without painting whole peoples with the same brush. The truth doesn't have to come from a standpoint nurtured by some 'ghettoview'. Imagine how people rushed to warn AV-1 about posting her photo here after another Villager had playfully suggested for her to post her photo - that's the kind of solidarity and concern for others that the Nigerian is known for! Not the lies and loathsome 'truism' peddled by that Angry Black Girl who calls herself Pooky. I wonder if she was pooked or poked or pookeded by our Forshow, hence why she sliths around the internet like an injured reptile, stricking everything in her way with her deadly venom.

Nonesense and Ingridients.

Locquacious Hussein Auspicious.

skindeep
Aug 20, 2008, 12:30 AM
Lynn welcome,
Just come and have fun, the villagers here are cool, crazy but cool (both men and women). You chose well, unroll your mat and join us as we continue our tales under the moonlight.

In all you do, be safe

welcome again

Auspicious
Aug 20, 2008, 12:38 AM
...unroll your mat and join us as we continue our tales under the moonlight..

Unrolled. Waiting...:wink:

L.H. Auspy.

amazzonian
Aug 20, 2008, 12:48 AM
Pooky, hold up a second!!!!!

[QUOTE=Pooky;4295085533]Big K,

P.S. It is hard for most AA women to tolerate African men.

It is hard for African men to tolerate the BS that most AA women dish out!!! (Omo to ba loriki, ko ni gbagbakugba):rolleyes:

then there is another "big problem" a sista has to contend with "HIS FAMILY." The African family can be very troublesome in the lives of their broda.

When an African woman/man gets married you don't only marry your partner , you marry the family, its reality deal with it!!!!

Most AA women just ain't gon tolerate the nuisance. For example, I wasn't taught by any member of my family that I was inferior to men

While most African women would??????? Kai my broda really wound you pele!!!!Neither were most African women so please step off ur frigging pedestal!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Big K I am not attacking Naija men. But lets face facts and be real, any sista dealing with a Naija man has to step very, very careful. It is a mine field, and by her putting herself out like that, she is going to draw many of the 419 boys. And we know the 419 comes in many variations.I would suggest to her find sites American women have created who have married or have been involved with foreign men, especially Naijas.

If you are a MUGU , that is ur palava, kilode gan!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes: Please Naija men dis Naija men dat, lef my brodas ojare, Look around you Turks, Arabs, Indians etc... are all doing it, but they will crucify Nigerians. You are obviously very bitter.... you need to chilll!!!!

Every Nation on the face of the Earth has its share of bad apples, alright already!!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

skindeep
Aug 20, 2008, 12:59 AM
Because Lynn say she is a black American woman, we are all assuming AA, she can be Nigerian American, Jamaican American etc.... Lynn might be naija o. Lynn which one you be (which one are you)? Me i think you are naija sha, check your roots. lol.

Lynn, my dear, you have to tough up o....dont let people like pooky deter you, be strong, be safe. It's a dog eat dog world out there and in here too.

auspy, wait o, people still dey close from work ( i think)....they will be joining us soon, I will entertain you guys waiting, make I start to sing...lol

Alake
Aug 20, 2008, 05:25 AM
Big K,

Hugs and Kisses,

Holla

Girlfriend,

Please keep quiet for goodness sake, If you have nothing good to say. As a child of God that you claim you are, you don't judge or run people down with your mouth, do you realize Nigeria men are created in God's image or is that what the bible teaches you?

For the fact that you have bad experience(s) with Nigeria men doesn't mean that all Nigeria men are bad. I am married to a Nigeria man so also lots of women on NVS or all over the world, so also lots of women will keep marrying them. I will advise you to also check yourself, you might be the one that has problems and not the Nigeria men, from your post, it seems you had some intimate affairs with Nigeria men not once or twice & non of the affairs came out positively, abi? In that case check yourself.

Ranter
Aug 20, 2008, 08:05 AM
I am yet to meet anyone claiming to be the child of Devil.

You remember that woman in the bible that married 7 brothers and they all died leaving her behind.That woman must have a terrible man killing virus and really hate men that are related.

Pooky I am a good listener if a I have a have unlimited supply of good brew, you want to talk about your sad life, gimme a ring and order me a keg.

Showcase
Aug 20, 2008, 02:55 PM
Ehen...I knew she was hoarding all the good ones for her real friends!! She ain't right at all! I was thinking about Bu and DW...now where are those NVS mvps. :biggrin: I won't tell you what I said to Bu but I wrapped a white feather in a red cloth and held it in my mouth when I sounded off to him.

Rose, you've been watching too many home videos :D:lol:

Rose
Aug 20, 2008, 03:10 PM
Rose, you've been watching too many home videos :D:lol:
Showcase, I learned that one a while back and thought the visuals were hysterical!! :D But I tried it on Busanga and poof. :wink:

sandylomo
Aug 20, 2008, 04:24 PM
I wrapped a white feather in a red cloth and held it in my mouth when I sounded off to him.

Roseey baby! You are really doing your home work gidi gan nio (really well). So o ti gbo n pa e (you know) about maye'un (a form of hpnosis, literarily translates as don't disagree)? We oughta keep eyes on you now:D.

.......... To think you are still denying the Ekiti moves (me think you are half way there) you only need a little more encouragement:razz:

Rose
Aug 20, 2008, 05:19 PM
Roseey baby! You are really doing your home work gidi gan nio (really well). So o ti gbo n pa e (you know) about maye'un (a form of hpnosis, literarily translates as don't disagree)? We oughta keep eyes on you now:D.

.......... To think you are still denying the Ekiti moves (me think you are half way there) you only need a little more encouragement:razz:
Girl, Busanga didn't know what hit him! :D I took over his compound in Ekiti!!!

skindeep
Aug 22, 2008, 10:24 PM
Lynn,

Where you dey? (where are you)? Please o, resurface, we need your contribution, ideas, point of view etc.....

I am new here, I for hook u up for real. Please don't go away from us, we are here for you ( or how do they sing that song).

One love girl, stick around you wont regret it.

Ph3y
Aug 23, 2008, 07:20 PM
Wishing you loads of luck.........and Happi Cyber-Marriage afterwards

image2real4u
Sep 1, 2008, 05:32 PM
HEy eveyone i fifgured out how to post a picture

Anonymous Villager
Sep 1, 2008, 09:14 PM
HEy eveyone i fifgured out how to post a picture

and we are waiting with bated breath....!!!

image2real4u
Sep 2, 2008, 10:37 AM
Ha ha hee hee.. Don't hate on all my beauty LOL
Nah but seriously it took a moment, MY computer is ancient. It's over 12 years old.

OverLoad
Sep 2, 2008, 06:02 PM
...errrrrrrr......we actually need to see your picture before we decide to hate or not hate on "all your beauty".....

Ha ha hee hee.. Don't hate on all my beauty LOL
Nah but seriously it took a moment, MY computer is ancient. It's over 12 years old.

Celticologist
Sep 3, 2008, 09:10 PM
Good Morning...

I'm Lynn.

Forgive me, I'm old to this but I don't believe you. African American females typically don't look for foreign blacks/Nigerian men at early ages of 32, at least not voluntarily. That usually happens when they are about 40 or more when all primary options and choices have been exhausted. All kids born, all games played, been there, done it all etc.
Then comes along a 27-year-old Nigerian male pretending to be looking for a 'wife' who is pretending to be looking for a 'real man'. At least one of the two is destined to grab the 'cultural incompatibility' excuse and stage a dissapearance whenever.

image2real4u
Sep 4, 2008, 11:41 AM
Good Morning Celticology

I'm glad i ddin't see this posting last night.
I would have just lit into you.
First let me inform you that i'm a Woman of a different background. I'm established! I know what i want and i know how to work hard and acheve what ever i set my mind too.
I've been dating. Just dating and it gets very old. Must of the men are imature or just really don't know what that want.
It's really diffcult to find a gentleman that will respect you and himself. i'm not into thugs, players nor am i'm interested in " making a boy into a man" He needs to know God , himself, and worth of family.

I apologize if my message seems a little harsh, I don't mean to take it out on you but i had a horrible evening yesterday.

E_Pluribus_Unum
Sep 4, 2008, 01:06 PM
cool down woman
u said u needed a husband with nice qualities

i suggest u intimate some of our village elders eg madame dewdrops and emj.

they are women that will be able to give good advice as per your needs.

good luck with ur search.

ps hope today is better than ur horrible night.

sandylomo
Sep 4, 2008, 01:09 PM
Good Morning Celticology

I'm glad i ddin't see this posting last night.
I would have just lit into you.
First let me inform you that i'm a Woman of a different background. I'm established! I know what i want and i know how to work hard and acheve what ever i set my mind too.
I've been dating. Just dating and it gets very old. Must of the men are imature or just really don't know what that want.
It's really diffcult to find a gentleman that will respect you and himself. i'm not into thugs, players nor am i'm interested in " making a boy into a man" He needs to know God , himself, and worth of family.

I apologize if my message seems a little harsh, I don't mean to take it out on you but i had a horrible evening yesterday.

Hmmmm that's more like it..........

Oya now Celti bobo. Ol' playa no dey die now abi:wink:? The 'balls are in your court'. Do not disappoint us o:wink::wink:'

Anonymous Villager
Sep 4, 2008, 08:55 PM
...errrrrrrr......we actually need to see your picture before we decide to hate or not hate on "all your beauty".....

You have to go to her profile page to see the pictures. The lady is thinck! very well stacked:eek::D

Alexa
Sep 4, 2008, 09:25 PM
You have to go to her profile page to see the pictures. The lady is thinck! very well stacked:eek::D

Uncover your face joo!!!!If you like the lady,say so(or u be woman?)!:rolleyes:

ikuchi munta wei
Sep 4, 2008, 09:56 PM
Uncover your face joo!!!!If you like the lady,say so(or u be woman?)!:rolleyes:

Alexa,

Dont mind the coward now:evil:, persin wei go look come dey hala fo back yard!!!:D

wetin carry him/her go dia if no be to ta....ta....:D:D:D

image2real4u
Sep 8, 2008, 11:46 PM
Good evening friends.

Well here is an update.....
You know the saying" be careful what you wish for"
OMG!! I'm actually preparing for a date tomorrow with a gentleman.
Well thus far he is acting really strange. And what i mean is I meet him off a chatline. He seemed very cool and down to earth. He is a business owner and preparing to open another business. He is single and has no kids.
The first conversation was great. We talked about the basics such as age and goals and where he lived, and what is he looking for as far as an relationship.
Well The 2nd converstaion he was alittle agressive in his conversation. He hated the fact that i was calling him from a private number( Only becasue i wasn't a 100% sure if he was sane) He asked me to be his girlfriend. Even thought we had never met.
The 3rd day. He says " i love you " I want you " I want to marry you one day"
I'm like are you insane Well still have not met and you are throwing all of this at me. We did exchange photos.
I asked him If he was on any medications i needed to be aware of. And he was offended.
I have a date with him tomorrow and i really don't know what to say. I feel if i tell him that i'm not interested in him he is goning to constantly call my phone.

Soul Sista
Sep 9, 2008, 12:00 AM
Don't meet him if you don't feel comfortable or have concerns that he may be insane. Is that not the first rule of on-line dating? How can he constantly call your phone if you called him from a private number? I just read that a schizophrenic who was off his drugs killed a father of three at a train station on Friday. So, you better be careful.

Otherwise, goodluck!

Soul Sista a/k/a Soul Sizzling

Tola Odejayi
Sep 9, 2008, 12:07 AM
The first conversation was great. We talked about the basics such as age and goals and where he lived, and what is he looking for as far as an relationship.

Well The 2nd conversation he was a little aggressive in his conversation. He hated the fact that i was calling him from a private number( Only because i wasn't a 100% sure if he was sane) He asked me to be his girlfriend. Even thought we had never met.
Odd... even though you say the first conversation was great, it looks like there was enough of a strange vibe from him for you to still wonder if he was 100% sane. Can you put your finger on what that might have been?

I definitely think it's weird that he's saying "I love you" after three conversations... I'll echo what Soul Sista has said - you don't have to do this if you don't feel comfortable with it.

Be safe,

S.

Tempest
Sep 9, 2008, 11:42 AM
Good evening friends.

Well here is an update.....
You know the saying" be careful what you wish for"
OMG!! I'm actually preparing for a date tomorrow with a gentleman.
Well thus far he is acting really strange. And what i mean is I meet him off a chatline. He seemed very cool and down to earth. He is a business owner and preparing to open another business. He is single and has no kids.
Well The 2nd converstaion he was alittle agressive in his conversation. He hated the fact that i was calling him from a private number( Only becasue i wasn't a 100% sure if he was sane) He asked me to be his girlfriend. Even thought we had never met.
The 3rd day. He says " i love you " I want you " I want to marry you one day"
I'm like are you insane Well still have not met and you are throwing all of this at me. We did exchange photos.
I asked him If he was on any medications i needed to be aware of. And he was offended.
I have a date with him tomorrow and i really don't know what to say. I feel if i tell him that i'm not interested in him he is goning to constantly call my phone.

This is supposed to now become your private bussiness. You were looking for a guy for "marriage". You have found one. Go work it out with him. Or are you going to tell us everything that goes on between you and all your applicants? I thought you said you are 31???

image2real4u
Sep 10, 2008, 11:24 AM
Thank you Soul And Shoko

I'm glad I listened.

I did not go on the date. I called him and told him i was not comfortable with him.

He did become very aggressive yelling and cussing. Staying how i had wasted his time.
I asked him. If the roles were reversed. And i was the one saying All the crazy things he had told me. Of course he wasn't trying to hear any logical thinking.

Tempest For your comment.... :(:(:(

emj
Sep 10, 2008, 01:47 PM
Hmmmm, your search for a Husband(if there still any left..lol) shld not be limited to the WWW....looks as if you are a very shy/close person....can't quite make out why u can't widen ur search...i believe that u shld be able to join a local Social Group or something. Join the gym or Dancing Class. Do you have friends? Who do u hangout with?

PS>>>>>>>>>though there's nothing wrong in looking for a husband here....u can do better by being involved in some outside activities.....start off by praying to God(if u believe) ask him for a husband, pour out your heart's desire....and don't ever allow urself to be treated nor talked to anyhow.
There are a lot of dangers inherent in online dating, but some have gotten lucky through it...if u must meet someone offline...let it be a public place for the 1st time till u are comfortable enough to take it further....Cheers.

BTW>>>>Tempest is being as Frank as Frank can be...he meant well....no need to give us feedback.....u are old enough to roast ur own Corn:)

image2real4u
Oct 8, 2008, 12:39 AM
Hey... Did yall miss me?
I missed all of yall.
So far. I've been on one date. It was ok, he was so kind , i must say he was a prefect gentleman until he told me he was still in love with his ex that moved to another state.

I told him friendship was good and i'm glad he was up front with me.
So thus far I'm still out there and looking.

I've been reading this book on how to meet a good man.
In the book it saids that i should recruit friends and family in helping me to serach for a mate. Thus far i've only recruited my pharmacist. LOL some years ago he did introduce me to a nice co-worker ( another pharmacist) who really didn't seem that interested in me.
I kinda figured that he wanted someone alittle high maintance. or needy.
But i asked him if he felt like playing matchmaker again.
He agreed.
So nothing so far.
I am trying to be a lot more out going.
BUt OMG work has been a breast!!! I really should not complain, But i've been getting OT like crazy.
Lets see? romance vs finance
ha hahah

lionking
Oct 11, 2008, 08:40 PM
I must admit I thought you were slightly wacko when you began this thread but now I respect your courage. Its not easy at all to admit in public to needing help finding a life partner - and then to post real pictures of oneself on the web - not professional studio shots, not airbrushed, not photoshopped - just you as you are in real life.

Most of my naija sistas prefer to suffer in silence than admit to needing help even to relatives and friends - and certainly would never post their pictures online. I do hope you find an interesting gentleman soon. Happy hunting!

2plus2
Oct 11, 2008, 09:29 PM
Are you for real.

lionking
Oct 12, 2008, 05:23 AM
Are you for real.

click on her name and look at her profile including her pictures

image2real4u
Oct 12, 2008, 11:38 PM
Good luck 2plus2.
I'm also searching for a good man.
thus far i've been on some dates.
but the members here have given me very good information.

aneyetonto
Oct 13, 2008, 01:05 AM
my sister,you have done very well.your age,sex and location has cause stir up enough interest to all dis naija n.f.a golddiggers.with your age all of them will want to take advantage of you, anyway you can contact decent people like me,that is 2years older than you,not 2 much golddigger,with enough ambitions.you can get me on my link where we can talk privately.just me and you.

lateesha
Oct 13, 2008, 07:12 PM
Thank God I found my man the old fashioned "meet and greet "way not this e-love modern way.
Scary!
many crazy people out there.
It won't be kosher to be strangled at my first date
Tufiakwa
God won't agree.
All the same I wish all the internet love searchers well.
what else can I say.
Me I no fit.
I want to see the man and size him up by maself.
Foto is not enough.
I don't want to be chatting with no one,get myself all attached and when I see the photo,na Obasanjo (Obulu so njo)
mba nu!
I want to know the "market I'm buying",see and feel the okirika before pricing.
no want surprises.
like 4 ft lover?
chei
what will people say ?
If he for instance has prominent eleven eleven horizontal and vertical tribal marks,I wan see am from the giddy up.
But like I said.
Good luck to una e-lovers
me I no fit.
thank God I don comot for market