PDA

View Full Version : RAID 6 - How does it work?

smilee
Jun 23, 2008, 09:39 PM
Can someone explain Raid 6 to me?

emj
Jun 24, 2008, 12:24 AM
Can someone explain Raid 6 to me?

Is that another Type of Insecticide?:twisted::p

Are u a system analyst:icon_ques

I found dis.....and the rest and how it works will hopefully be explained by SLB or Bode_Boluz, etc etc et al:eek:

http://www.enhance-tech.com/press/Press%20How%20RAID%206%20Work.htm

smilee
Jun 24, 2008, 05:03 AM
Emj you won't kill me ooh! Insecticide ke?! :D :D Now I am definitely going to sleep well tonight! :lol:

Yeah I am in IT.

Is that another Type of Insecticide?:twisted::p

Are u a system analyst:icon_ques

I found dis.....and the rest and how it works will hopefully be explained by SLB or Bode_Boluz, etc etc et al:eek:

http://www.enhance-tech.com/press/Press%20How%20RAID%206%20Work.htm

Palamedes
Jun 24, 2008, 10:55 AM
If you are asking about RAID 6, then it is logical to assume that you already know about RAID 0,1,2,3,4, and 5. Then RAID is only a step up or a "fix." BTW, the time you spent typing your question would have been used for searching for your answer on the Internet. Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redundant_array_of_independent_disks. Their explanation is in plain English and less technical; they even have a pretty diagram—just tap your “Page down” key twice to see them if you are in a hurry.

If you are a Systems analyst, you wouldn't be asking about RAID; and what is this nonsense about “I am in IT?” It is like saying I work in a Hospital—Oh yeah? But AS WHAT?

smilee
Jun 24, 2008, 05:38 PM
Mr Palamedes - why would I want to annouce to the whole world my personal bizness (aka my work). It does not make sense to me which is why I gave a general answer. Thank you very much! :eek:

I am sure I have a reason for coming to NVS to ask my question and if you are not in the mood to answer then you can just ignore & not try to be a smarty pants here. Thank you very much! :eek:

And yes I am aware of the www but like I said I wanted people of like minds to explain it to me. You have a problem with that? :eek: Go deal with it! :p

And there is no where in my response that I claimed to be a System Analyst! :eek:

Pls I am having a fab day don't bring ur wahala here ojare.

If you are asking about RAID 6, then it is logical to assume that you already know about RAID 0,1,2,3,4, and 5. Then RAID is only a step up or a "fix." BTW, the time you spent typing your question would have been used for searching for your answer on the Internet. Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redundant_array_of_independent_disks. Their explanation is in plain English and less technical; they even have a pretty diagram - just tap your "Page down" key twice to see them if you are in a hurry.

If you are a Systems analyst, you wouldn't be asking about RAID; and what is this nonsense about "I am in IT?" It is like saying I work in a Hospital - Oh yeah? But AS WHAT?

Palamedes
Jun 24, 2008, 06:18 PM
@smilee

...why would I want to annouce to the whole world my personal bizness
What is SO personal about telling people what role you play in IT? Are you afraid someone might ask you an embarrassing question?

Everybody is claiming to be in IT these days—even my neighbour's dog who likes jumping on keyboards. And I have met many people like that. A real IT person would tell you what he or she does but the rest would always say “I am in IT” And when you ask or discuss IT with them, they backtrack, claiming that they are not really in IT. Would you claim to be a Barrister if you are not one or after reading a single book on “Torts” or “Law of Contracts” as most people do when it comes to IT?

And anyway, what is the big deal about wanting to be seen as an IT savvy person?

smilee
Jun 24, 2008, 07:15 PM
Mr Palamedes there is no big deal if you choose to see me as an IT savy person. Btw I am not afraid of any questions you might throw my way. I am sure I can take you under anyway.

If you are sooooooo curious to know what part of IT I am in then you can PM. I won't go back on my words. It is personal and I won't announce it to the world. Get it?

Thanks!

emj
Jun 24, 2008, 11:10 PM
I am sure I can take you under anyway.

Hmmm...Palamedes, Smilee...hmmm, don't take him under o...ehen:biggrin::p
Da 2 both of u...hmmm...chei all dis IT people self, una wahala too much...abegy make somebody explain dis Raid 6 matter:arrow:

BTW.....am 1/3 IT too..:)

Palamedes
Jun 25, 2008, 09:08 AM
@smilee

...you can PM.
I wouldn't be that expectant if I were you.

BTW I would advice IT recruiters against employing one of these “I am in IT” type for IT jobs. They struggle on IT jobs; do a very poor job—even after long period of training-- and consequently, generate additional cost [of correcting their mistakes] on projects. These are common complaints.

denker
Jun 25, 2008, 08:42 PM
smilee, if you bi igbo-lady..me i fit tell you everything for IGBO...but for english make you go here (http://www.enhance-tech.com/press/Press%20How%20RAID%206%20Work.htm)....au revoir

emj
Jun 26, 2008, 12:03 AM
smilee, if you bi igbo-lady..me i fit tell you everything for IGBO...but for english make you go here (http://www.enhance-tech.com/press/Press%20How%20RAID%206%20Work.htm)....au revoir

Okay explain dat in Igbo...:cool:

smilee
Jun 26, 2008, 02:11 AM
You obviously have issues only YOU can resolve. Simple question require simple answer. Stick to the discussion @ hand and stop talking OPAS!

NO one is forcing you to answer me after all you are not the only "IT" savvy person on NVS abi?

Abeg comot front. Irritant! Civility does not exist in your world. Mr ITK. I won't waste my time responding to you anymore.

@smilee

I wouldn't be that expectant if I were you.

BTW I would advice IT recruiters against employing one of these "I am in IT" type for IT jobs. They struggle on IT jobs; do a very poor job - even after long period of training-- and consequently, generate additional cost [of correcting their mistakes] on projects. These are common complaints.

Mirinda
Jun 26, 2008, 04:24 PM
You obviously have issues only YOU can resolve. Simple question require simple answer. Stick to the discussion @ hand and stop talking OPAS!

NO one is forcing you to answer me after all you are not the only "IT" savvy person on NVS abi?

Abeg comot front. Irritant! Civility does not exist in your world. Mr ITK. I won't waste my time responding to you anymore.
Phew!

Don't lose hope just yet. Someone who has the answer and spends a decent amount of time dealing with nonTechnology related objects such as humans might just provide the answer.