PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy

Anonymous Villager
Jul 26, 2007, 01:18 AM
As a newly married Omoge, I am interested in starting a family. How does one prepare? Is it necessary to see a GYN before conception? Are there any tests that are important that I take? Or are there foods one should avoid?

Any kind of useful information from the doctors will be appreciated.

.bebi
Jul 26, 2007, 10:59 PM
I think u should start taking folic acid.Im not an obstetrician though,so u need to see one or talk to ur gp.

tatafo
Jul 27, 2007, 01:57 AM
As a newly married Omoge, I am interested in starting a family. How does one prepare? Is it necessary to see a GYN before conception? Are there any tests that are important that I take? Or are there foods one should avoid?

Any kind of useful information from the doctors will be appreciated.

AV, good goings for thinking ahead. Pregnancies have become a bit more complicated today from our momma's time. So the more/earlier you plan, hopefully the easier you'll find the experience. I'm no Gyne but here goes my toro advice.

1. I guess this should be a no brainer but if you are on any birth control, please try and wean off them completely.

2. Go for a complete physical. And while there, specifically ask for a women's health exam. Some hospitals/clinics don't include WHE in a regular physical especially if it's a male doctor conducting your physical.

3. If you have ever had a D&C or stomach problems or serious MP cramps, also request a CT scan, a check on your ovaries, and a check for fibriods too. If you want to go all out, add a check on your liver and kidneys as well but check if your insurance covers this before you go all the way.

4. Get a pap smear and get tested for the more common female infections including herpes. In my experience many women unknowningly have the herpes disease for years even prior to marriage/ as do their spouses. Also check for the more common infections like trush or candida which could complicate a pregnancy. Simple antibiotics prescribed by the doctor could clear the more infection asap. Besides herpes is so common these days that it forms part of most pre-natal care but just in case specifically request for it.

5. Folic acid is good, but add a lot of veggies and fruits and exercises like 30mins walks.

6. Be more conscious of your body especially your cycles. It's best to even know your ovulation period like the back of your hand to plan conception. :lol: Some people might suggest that this might be playing God, but hey anything that works jare.

7. Well don't try too hard, just make sure that the "act" is stress free and that you put a lot of romance into it. Be innovative enough to try different styles and positions.

8. If you can afford it, try aromatheraphy. I have never personally tried it but many friends of mine swear by it. Some say it not only put's you in the mood, but it also relaxes the body, soul and spirit all at once.

9. Like bebi says consult a Gyne, but my advice is to start with seeing your regular doctor. See a Gyne only if your regular MD perceives any problem, and make sure to tell her/him about any other medication that you might be on. Even the most innocous sounding looking OTC medication these days might complicate one's ability to procreate unknowingly.

Good luck my sister and let us know when we'll be singing for joy with you at the BBB.