PDA

View Full Version : Introduction to Village Doctor

Orems1
Aug 8, 2003, 04:15 PM
Dear Forumites i received an e-mail form the noble administrator yesterday for a seperate section on Medicine.Colo and i will contribute here from time to time.It is an opportunity for us to educate ourselves about various medical issues.It will i repeat not substitute for a visit to your doctor for a regular checkup.We shall deal generally with various Medical issues. Everybody is welcome to contribute and attempts will be made to answer questions in atimely fashion.We welcome all medically trained people to contribute their time and knowledge especially our Nurses,Physical therapists,Radiology Technicians,Physicians and also our traditional medicine people.

I will talk briefly about myself and then Colo.I am a 1989 graduate of University of Ilorin Medical school who worked in UCH till 1995.I am a diplomate of the American board of Internal Medicine and am in private practise in St Louis,Missouri.
Colo as you all know is a surgeon in Private practise in Atlanta and a graduate of the University of Alabama.
Enough said about our professional credentials.We have also discussed on health matters on the previous board from which we all emigrated.

admin
Aug 8, 2003, 06:05 PM
Dear Orems,

Just a word of thanks to you and Colo for getting this going. Hopefully Villagers and Nigerians both at home and diaspora will avail themselves of this unique opportunity.

Thanks again.

Roughman
Aug 8, 2003, 06:24 PM
Educate us on the importance of monitoring HBP, the silent killer of so many black people. I always tell my friends to check theirs because a healthy looking individual may have the shadowy malady trailing them. In my workplace preventive measures are very strong in every aspect, and I have seen strong looking blacks with low level HBP. I have taken upon myself to keep fit to lower my chances of getting it. As they say, prevention is better than cure. Over to you, Orems and Colo.

admin
Aug 8, 2003, 07:31 PM
Roughman,

This thread is an introductory one. Do you mind re-posting your question on High Blood pressure as a subject of a new topic.

Thanks and welcome to the village