BREAKING NEWS: UPDATE: "I am Alive & Well", Yar'Adua Speaks to TON

Forwarded by Phil Tam-Al Alalibo

"I Am Alive And Well" – Yar"Adua Speaks

The Times of Nigeria can confirm beyond reasonable doubt that Governor Umar Musa Yar'Adua is well and alive and his medical condition was exaggerated by the media including ours. We Spoke with him in Germany. In a brief interview with Yar'Adua in a Germam hospital, he told Sunny Ofili, editor and Publisher of The Times of Nigeria a few minutes ago that "I am feeling better. It was a precautionary decision. The doctors here have found out that I am fine. I would have returned tomorrow but for a little cold that I have."

Yar'Adua continued "I am still in the race and will be back probably by the weekend to continue my campaign."

"I had a profile but no serious condition was discovered. It was a false alarm." He said.

The Presidential candidate though spoke in his characteristic soft tone, he sounded strong over the phone.

"Tell Nigerians that I am doing well. It was a situation where I did not have enough time to rest. All I needed was some rest." He concluded.

__________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE:  Businessdayonline website www.businessdayonline.com has retracted its earlier announcment that PDP candidate died in Germany citing a PDP spokesman who indicated today that the Katsina governor is "hale and heart" . The FG is yet to confirm if the governor is alive or dead.

_________________________________________________________________________

The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and Governor of Katsina state is critically ill and has been evacuated to Germany for medical attention. The news was first reported a few hours ago by Elendureports.com. The Times of Nigeria can now confirm the report.

A high ranking government official in Abuja confirmed this development to The Times of Nigeria few minutes ago.
Another government source told The Times of Nigeria that the Presidential aspirant "collapsed a few hours ago and has been flown abroad for treatment."

The source said it is "very likely he was flown to Germany."
The Presidency and inner caucus of the ruling party are said to be in an emergency meeting on how to handle the situation.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Yar`Adua Collapses, Flown to Germany
Akinbola posted on 03-06-2007, 16:27:59 PM
Na wah oo! So soooon!

Just sick and tired of our country sha.......anyways, God be with them oo!
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Yar`Adua Collapses, Flown to Germany
Hamattan posted on 03-06-2007, 16:33:50 PM
Wonders shall never end in Naija wonderland. This is just the begining.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Yar`Adua Collapses, Flown to Germany
Planet1899 posted on 03-06-2007, 16:34:08 PM
If you ask me, I will say it is staged to clear the way for IBB...you cannot put anything pass our leaders...it has been said that the man refused to clear the way for IBB as they have seen that he cannot carry the elections...sources said that the sending of IBB to Guinea to broker peace was all part of the strategy to re-introduce him into the public domain and gradually frost him on the people...now, with this development, Obasanjo and the PDP may have reason to ask him to step aside or replace him with IBB. I bet they put something in the man's drink to make him ill a bit and fly him to Germany to clear the way...na so for our kountry.

Nigeria, we truly hail thee.

_______________________________
[B]In Planet1899, no one can collapse. [/B]
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Yar`Adua Collapses, Flown to Germany
El_pharoah posted on 03-06-2007, 16:34:16 PM
It looks like the news of his illness were true. Could the forces of nature have pulled the rug out of an emergency rule-come back for Obj. One never knows these days. But from a humanist point of view, I wish Yar'Adua speedy recovery, God Bless.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Yar`Adua Collapses, Flown to Germany
Uniben82 posted on 03-06-2007, 16:37:37 PM
Talk about media sensationalism! There's something about The title "Yar' Adua Collapses, Flown to Germany" and this statement by the source, "it is very likely he was flown to Germany" that doesn't work for me. So which is it? More importantly, should we really be concerned?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Yar`Adua Collapses, Flown to Germany
Planet1899 posted on 03-06-2007, 16:37:43 PM
There are all kinds of theories and possibilities here; I am beginning to believe that OBJ has no intentions of leaving...here is an example...making a sick man to canvass all over the country, so he can collapse under the weight and wooola, OBJ remains.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Yar`Adua Collapses, Flown to Germany
Akuluouno posted on 03-06-2007, 16:38:11 PM
Hi Folks,

We knew all along that a corpse was anointed to rule over the giant of Africa because of Nigerian factor. The morphines could not even sustain him for the campaigns. Baba at 70 should give him what he eats so that he may have life in abundance. Well let the music go on go on, Everybody sing everybody dance..... Is it not time we enthrone a visionary leader, full of health and vitality and youthful vigour to take that dead giant to the promised land....God is indeed a Nigerian
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Yar`Adua Collapses, Flown to Germany
Planet1899 posted on 03-06-2007, 16:40:07 PM
UNIBEN82, of course we should be concerned as it portends on the very survival of our democracy as this may either keep OBJ beyond the constitutionally mandated tenure or introduce through the backdoor another candidate at the 11th hour....there are lots of implications here, my good friend.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Yar`Adua Collapses, Flown to Germany
Chuey posted on 03-06-2007, 16:44:13 PM
that is real interesting. in January I was in Nigeria and I nearly took him up on game of squash which he said he would take on anybody any day anytime so he could prove that he was healthy. I hope he gets good medical attention and that the almighty watches over him. that being said let everybody get ready for the return of IBB.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Yar`Adua Collapses, Flown to Germany
Planet1899 posted on 03-06-2007, 16:49:47 PM
Indeed, all these is stage-managed to bring IBB through the backdoor. There is a reason why OBJ did not probe IBB in eight years. IBB will certainly return the favor and everybody will be happy.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10