Okigbo Conference Pictures

Obi Nwakamma, Okey Ndibe, and Chimulum Nwankwo

Catherine Acholonu, Chimamanda Adichie, Obiageli Okigbo and Christopher Okigbo

Okey Ndibe and Chimamanda Adichie

Chimamanda Adichie and Prof. Michael Echeruo

Okey Ndibe and Olu Oguibe

A cross section of participants, including Chido Nwangwu and Abiola Irele

Obiwu, Chimamanda Adichie, George Ezike (the man who called her god) and Jideofor Ezike

1 2 3
Re: Okigbo Conference Pictures
Okenikpoto posted on 09-27-2007, 00:35:22 AM
Prof. Thank you for a very good coverage of the event. I hope that Katempe will not be counting the number of times the pictures of Wole Soyinka and Chinua Achebe appeared. katampe my brother, this is just a friendly jibe oooo, no intentions to hang you againn...(Laughs).
Re: Okigbo Conference Pictures
Akuluouno posted on 09-27-2007, 03:48:03 AM
Thanks Prof indeed. Is that the picture of Obi Nwakanma. I read this man's articles on the Vanguard but I have never seen his pic. I thought he was one cool looking intellectual and not a rastafarian with palpable dreadlocks. Please confirm that that was Obi. His looks are capabe of decieving hsi mastery of wordsmithery and the Igbo cosmology.
I did not see Sefi Judith Attah. Men, Okigbo's daughter looked cool. The late father must be proud whereever he is. Indeed Kongi should share the secrets of his evergreen bonhomie looks. Prof ON, you are as cool as ususal.
Indeed the whole forum and participants are what other serious nations will envy.
Re: Okigbo Conference Pictures
Calist posted on 09-27-2007, 04:10:09 AM
I’m glad it’s a success.

Thanks Prof Okey, for the coverage.

Pictures are more than a thousand words
Re: Okigbo Conference Pictures
Igwe posted on 09-27-2007, 04:31:46 AM
I don't want to spoil the show, but I think thanks should go instead to mazi Okonkwo. Unless I'm reading it wrong, he's the one who took the pictures and posted them here.

Good job!
Re: Okigbo Conference Pictures
Auspicious posted on 09-27-2007, 07:03:31 AM
Hi, Folks!

I am pissed! I AM SOOOOO PISSED!

Did anybody notice that Soyinka only appeared just twice in the Photos?

Did anyone also notice they caught him when he was smiling NOT?

I mean...look at the second photo - everyone was smiling but him!

Now that's my Beef (Goat) - I want my Goat! CAN I HAVE MY GOAT???

I can tell - that photographer must be up to some mischief here.

Just like that Mr. Ndibe, who in capturing that occassion in words,

Mentioned Achebe 22.56 times, but only mentioned Soyinka 14.0 times!!!

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! WROOONG!

Auspicious.
Re: Okigbo Conference Pictures
Okey Ndibe posted on 09-27-2007, 07:46:56 AM
Gentle people,

We have our own Rudolf Okonkwo to thank for these pictures. As you can see, I was too busy being in a lot of the photographs to have been the photograph. Rudo, thanks for doing an excellent job!
Akuluonu: Yes, indeed, that's Obi Nwakanma, the bard of Vanguard.
Re: Okigbo Conference Pictures
Surulere007 posted on 09-27-2007, 08:28:14 AM
Great job

In naming the personalities in the picture slides, between 2nd and 3rd slides, who actually is Folu Agoi?
Re: Okigbo Conference Pictures
Katampe posted on 09-27-2007, 08:28:46 AM
Gentle people,

Akuluonu: Yes, indeed, that's Obi Nwakanma, the bard of Vanguard.

I am glad you noticed Prof Ndibe, even when the folks ought to have seen Rudolph Okonkwo they had you in their consciouness. It further gives credibility to the notion that experience is fallible. Right here, what they chose to see was the fiction in their imagination.
Re: Okigbo Conference Pictures
Omowa2 posted on 09-27-2007, 09:03:02 AM
Did anyone NOTICE that Mr Arrow of Rain Ndibe is just a JJC on this site? Wow!!!
I guess the President of Nigeria will soon join...(David) Mark my words
Omowa2
Re: Okigbo Conference Pictures
Ikechiji posted on 09-27-2007, 09:34:01 AM
I guess the President of Nigeria will soon join...(David) Mark my words
Omowa2

He may already be here, incognito
1 2 3